Final

My Muse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Let me guess,” the redhead jumped off the tree’s branch and his lips slowly stretched into a wide grin, as he approached them. “Brooding. Scary eyes. Looks like he’ll hit you. Ten bucks says Ares.”   

“Nice try,” the boy walking in front of him grumbled.

“What, not Ares?” the redhead seemed genuinely surprised, as he approached them and looked at him like he was a piece exhibited in a museum. It truly made him feel uncomfortable. “Who then?”

The boy who had found him stopped in his place and turned around to give him a look. An unreadable one, before he glanced back at the redhead.

“He had the helm of darkness circling over his head like a halo when we found him. Which is funny, cause there was a Fury after his ,” he shrugged. “Guess she didn’t get the memo from her boss.”

Kyungsoo bit on his lower lip as his eyes moved from Suho, the boy who had saved him, towards the redhead whose grin had disappeared and whose eyebrows were gradually rising higher and higher up his forehead. He gave him yet another once-over that made him feel incredibly self-conscious.

“Huh. Would have been my second guess.”

“Right.” Suho said, jugging his chin at the redhead. “I have to bring him to Chiron.” 

The redhead nodded thoughtfully, before perching himself back on the tree again.

“You most certainly have to. What’s your name?”

His eyes shot up and his breathing was pretty heavy when he realized the redhead was actually talking to him.

“Kyungsoo.”

“Well, Kyungsoo,” The redhead grinned again and there was something absolutely radiant about his smile. “Welcome to Camp Half Blood.”

Too much.

If Kyungsoo had to describe what he thought and how he felt by the end of the day, that would be the only thing he’d be able to say. It was too much.

In the span of only a few hours, he had been attacked by a woman, who had proceeded to turn into an evolved, deadly bat with claws. He had watched a boy emerge with a large sword (it was the 21st century, come on) and fight said bat. He had been hauled up by a half-goat, half-human and respectively had earned himself a string of offended curses and dirty glares when he’d asked what he was. A satyr, he had learned, was the correct term.

He had been told that what he learned in his foreign literature class about Greek Mythology was actually all true, and that boy with the sword was claiming that his mother was the Goddess of Wisdom, that he too had a Greek god as a parent, and that he had to throw his phone away. Immediately.

Kyungsoo had been still too stunned from witnessing the tiny middle aged woman suddenly growing wings and ugly fangs to realize that Wisdom sword boy and half-goat-man were pulling him towards a car and then driving way over the speed limit.

His misadventures didn’t end there, though. Wisdom boy – Suho – had spent the drive staring out the windows every now and then, while explaining to Kyungsoo everything about their supposed parents.

Kyungsoo had started growing concerned, that he was being kidnapped. That those two were simply bonkers. However, every time he looked towards the driver’s seat and saw the hairy goat legs of the man driving, and every time he tried to look for an explanation, that he didn’t really find, he would sigh out, knit his eyebrows and listen to what Suho had to tell him.

Just when he’d thought that he was ready for everything by the time they reached this camp where they’d keep him safe, according to Suho, a man with a horse’s body from the waist down had come greeting him and Kyungsoo completely gave up on trying to keep up.

What he was being told sounded like a speech that had already been spoken hundreds of times, as the centaur walked him throughout the place. An arena, an amphitheater, strawberry fields and a forest, stables, a lake, and finally – cabins.

A demigod. According to those people – creatures – he was a demigod.

According to them, his dad was the God of the Underworld.

According to them, his dad was Hades.

And according to them, the tall, lanky boy he’d met in the dark cabin, the boy who’d introduced himself as Sehun, was his brother.

Kyungsoo hated being the center of attention, yet it seemed like every pair of eyes in the pavilion was trained on him.

Sehun was relatively quiet, and he had spent the majority of the evening just staring at Kyungsoo dubiously, before eventually filling him in on most rules they had in the camp.

Sehun was also quiet now. They were the only two kids sitting at the table of Hades, and Kyungsoo really wished the taller boy would say something – anything, really – to distract him from the fact that everyone was whispering about him behind his back.

“So, um-“ Kyungsoo cleared his throat awkwardly, successfully attracting Sehun’s attention. “Chiron said I should tag along with you to your classes. What are you-…what are we doing today?”

“Sword fighting, forgery, and then we’re on duty with the house of Apollo at the strawberry fields.”

“Oh.” Was all Kyungsoo stupidly replied, as he nodded and returned his gaze down to his plate.

They were silent, but Kyungsoo could feel one more glance joining the rest of the campers in staring at him. He looked up and caught Sehun’s eyes.

The taller boy smirked.

“It’s all very confusing, isn’t it?” there was a hint of compassion in his voice and Kyungsoo breathed out, before nodding once. Maybe that smirk wasn’t actually a smirk. Maybe it was a smile. “You’ll get used to it quickly. We all do.”

“I don’t know,” Kyungsoo muttered. “Gods. Half-goats-“

“Satyrs.” Sehun corrected and Kyungsoo threw him a look. The other one shrugged, before stuffing a piece of carrot in his mouth.

“Gods, satyrs, centaurs. I’m pretty sure I saw a horse with wings when I woke up this morning and there is a guy with eyes on his arms over there. I don’t know about you, but fifteen hours ago I thought the weirdest thing in the world was that ridiculous dance game at the arcade.”

“Well, fifteen hours ago I didn’t think I’d have a demigod brother anytime soon, but here we both are with new things to get used to.” Sehun tapped his fingers on the table, before standing up. “Come on, let me show you around.”

“Chiron already showed me around yesterday.”

“Not the bull newcomer version,” Sehun rolled his eyes. “Come on, I’m your brother. Trust me.”

Kyungsoo didn’t know why, but that statement didn’t in any way ease the doubt within.

Sehun, however, was waiting for him with raised eyebrows, and Kyungsoo could only sigh out and follow after him.

“And we meet again…”

Kyungsoo looked up when he heard the vaguely familiar voice and there he was – that redhead from last night. He was grinning again, and he was leaning on a shovel, looking at Kyungsoo with very apparent interest in his eyes.

He sprawled a hand out.

“Didn’t get the chance to introduce myself yesterday. I’m Baekhyun.” He shook Kyungsoo’s hand and his grin only grew wider. As an afterthought, he added. “Apollo.”

Apollo….Apollo. Kyungsoo raked his brain for that exact moment in class when they had learned about this. Apollo. Archery and poetry and music. God of the Sun, wasn’t it?

That would explain that boy’s bright smile.

“Um…Kyungsoo. Hades, I suppose.”

“Yeah, I know. How cool is that?” Baekhyun excitedly nodded and Kyungsoo’s eyebrows only knitted together in confusion.

“Cool?”

“Yeah. God of the Underworld, one of the Big Three. All that underground stuff, death and like, diamonds. That’s freaking awesome.”

Baekhyun and him had vastly different definitions of awesome, but Kyungsoo decided not to express his utter distress. Instead, he nodded dumbly once.

“I-uh…Apollo. That’s really cool too. All that-…sun.”

“Dad’s pretty cool, yeah,” Baekhyun scratched the back of his head, before grinning. “Thank gods I didn’t inherit his ty poetry skills, though. God of poetry, right. I feel like he just claimed that title when they were giving titles away up there on Olympus, cause he liked the sound of it.”

“Careful, now.” Kyungsoo snapped his head to the side, where a new boy joined them. He had a dimple on his face, and a kind look on his face, and that same bright twinkle in his eyes as Baekhyun. “If dad hears you he won’t be all that pleased.”

“If dad hears me, then maybe he should work on his poetry some more instead of making me listen to it whenever he visits.”

The boy with the black hair just rolled his eyes and patted Baekhyun’s hair affectionately, before turning to Kyungsoo.

“I’m Lay. Nice to meet you.”

“Kyungsoo.” He nodded in his direction and the dimpled boy smiled at him.

“So how’s your first day going?”

Talking to Lay was nice. He was calm, unlike his hyperactive brother Baekhyun, and he was kind.

He would put in some valuable information about the different classes here and there, while plucking away strawberries. He was actually helpful.

“Why don’t you join us after this?”

“Um-…” Kyungsoo turned his head around to look at Sehun. Sehun, who had probably eaten more strawberries than he had gathered.

“What are you doing?” the taller boy asked lazily, and it was Baekhyun who dramatically raised his hand up to the clear skies.

“Pegasus riding lessons.”

“Oh…” Kyungsoo mused. That sounded like fun.

Sehun seemed to disagree.

“Do you want us to die?”

“Your dad’s Hades. You can’t die.”

Kyungsoo’s eyebrows shot up as he looked at Sehun again. The boy didn’t seem all that amused by what Baekhyun was blurting out. He stared at Kyungsoo and shook his head.

“Don’t listen to him. We can die.”

“Well, that’s comforting.”

“Baekhyun the last time I got near a Pegasus, I almost lost my ing arm.” Sehun’s dark eyes targeted Kyungsoo yet again. “They’re not really fond of Hades’ kids, let’s just put it that way.”

Before Kyungsoo could question why, before he could even react in any way to all of that, Lay laughed cheerfully – a soft, calm sound that felt almost healing.

“We can always skip that and just take an archery lesson instead, no?”

Kyungsoo was pretty sure he heard Sehun mumbling something about that being much worse, before he shoved another strawberry in his mouth and threw the Apollo kids a look.

“Oh, you’re the new Hades kid, aren’t you?”

Kyungsoo almost sighed in exasperation.

Is that what everyone around knew him as? The new Hades kid?

The guy who naturally plopped himself down on the ground next to them was tall – even taller than Sehun – and with a bright, wide grin. Maybe he was also a child of Apollo, with that obnoxiously large smile.

“I heard a Fury was coming after you. That’s really kind of ridiculous.”

In Kyungsoo’s humble opinion there was nothing ridiculous about being chased by a bat-lady with glowing eyes and claws sharper than anything he’d seen in his life before.

Absolutely nothing ridiculous in those claws leaving an ugly mark on his forearm – a mark that had miraculously disappeared after Suho gave him some weird drink that tasted like the warmest hug. Nectar, he called it. Kyungsoo didn’t care about its name, he just wanted to drink more of it, but before he could Suho had snatched the thermos away and warned him to not overdo it.

The tall guy that had plopped himself next to him had greeted Sehun – the way people greeted each other when they were close – and Sehun had just hummed and then proceeded to ignore him. And he was still very much grinning at Kyungsoo, who looked at him and gave up with a sigh.

“Why is it ridiculous?”

“Well, the Furies-…I mean, they uh-…they live in the Underworld. They work for Hades.”

“Great.” Kyungsoo heard himself scoffing before he could even think about what he was saying. “So my father is trying to kill me?”

“No no no, not at all.” Tall guy hurried to say, a twitch of his eyebrows. “I mean, he claimed you. Monsters don’t always listen to commands, that’s all. If anything, that Fury probably got into some trouble down there.”

Kyungsoo doubted that.

He’d never met his father before. Hell, from the way his life had unfolded, it’s like he didn’t even have a father. He’d never been mentioned, never been talked about.

He supposed he had been better off thinking he just didn’t exist.

Now that he knew that he was actually some kind of supernatural deity, he wasn’t sure how he felt about it.

He wasn’t sure what to do with that information.

“I’m Chanyeol, by the way.” Tall guy reached out and his grip around Kyungsoo’s hand was strong and rough and the way he shook his hand was way too enthusiastic, but Kyungsoo didn’t complain. “Head of the Hephaestus house.”

So he wasn’t a son of Apollo then. Kyungsoo at this.

Instead, he tried to remember all those myths and legends and books he’d read and-

“Hephaestus. God of blacksmiths?”

“And fire.” Chanyeol grinned as he sprawled his fingers out and a little flame started dancing on his skin. Kyungsoo had to do a double-take to make sure he wasn’t imagining stuff, before Chanyeol curled his fingers in a fist and the flame disappeared. “Cool, isn’t it?”

“Show-off…” Sehun mumbled from the side, just in the same time Kyungsoo nodded in amazement.

“I guess you could say,” the loud obnoxious voice of Baekhyun made it to his ears before he even registered that the boy had joined them again. “It’s pretty lit.”

“Gods, that was bad,” Sehun groaned at the pun and earned himself a heartfelt nod from Lay who had also returned from the stables. “Even for you.”

Baekhyun, however, didn’t seem to be listening.

Instead, Kyungsoo watched as the redhead plopped himself down on the grass and next thing he knew his lips were latched onto Chanyeol’s.

He blinked a few times at the two boys making out. Apollo. Hephaestus. Gods.

He felt a rather unsettling feeling creeping in his chest, as he backed away.

“What are you doing?”

Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol pulled away from each other and looked at him in surprise. Both of them seemed genuinely confused.

“What?”

“Why are you kissing him?”

“Cause we’re dating?” Baekhyun said, but it sounded more like a question, as he looked at Chanyeol. He seemed just as confused.

“You’re…dating?” Kyungsoo felt his eyebrows flying up. “Aren’t you, like, cousins?”

“Oh…oh!”

Kyungsoo couldn’t understand why Baekhyun started laughing. He couldn’t understand why Chanyeol, too, looked down and covered his mouth with a hand as he started laughing too.

He threw a look towards Sehun to only find he was smirking. Lay was the only one who wasn’t laughing, but was instead just smiling at him kindly.

“Oh, my sweet summer child.” Baekhyun said after he finally calmed down a little. “You innocent, little thing.”

“Is a thing here? I’m leaving.”

“Gods don’t have DNA, Kyungsoo.” Lay was the first one to supply an actual answer. “We may share some abilities given to us by our godly parent, but none of us are related to one another in any way. At all.”

“Yeah, like…Lay here, I could totally date him if I wanted to.” Baekhyun stated. “It would be super weird though, cause we live together and all, but we’re not really brothers.”

“That was possibly the worst example you could have given, but technically, it’s true.” Lay smiled again at Kyungsoo.

“Oh,” was all Kyungsoo had to say again. It felt like his entire vocabulary this day had reduced to only hums and quiet ‘oh’-s. “I see.”

It was weird. Kind of weird.

Kind of really weird, but he supposed he understood.

That would explain all the weird he remembered regarding Zeus.

Partially, anyways.

It was kind of ridiculous – only him and Sehun sitting at the large Hades table.

It was okay, though. There were some tables that were completely empty.

Hera’s and Artemis’ tables were empty, and so were Zeus’ and Poseidon’s.

All other tables were pretty packed with kids of all ages.

Kyungsoo threw a vague look towards Sehun and wondered how lonely it must have been for him until now to have sat here by himself, alone, for every meal.

He wasn’t quiet, per se, but his replies were curt and everything he said carried just the right amount of bitterness. Kyungsoo didn’t know him all that well yet, but he felt like they’d get along just fine.

People weren’t staring at him as much as they had stared the first day, so he could allow himself to dart his eyes up and take a closer look at the different tables.

Chanyeol was, surprisingly, not the largest boy on the Hephaestus table. They were all pretty large, muscular arms and all. He was, however, the loudest one. Kyungsoo could hear his booming laughter over the ruckus in the entire hall.

Suho was walking between the tables with another boy, a boy with round eyes and kittenish features. He was incredibly pretty, Kyungsoo could tell from even this far away.

Which was the reason he was surprised when Suho sat down at the Athena table and the boy continued down the aisle.

He almost expected him to sit down at the table with all those beautiful girls and boys – the Aphrodite table.

He could only blink in utter surprise when he watched him skip that table unceremoniously and sit down at the one next to it – with the buff, scary looking kids in leather jackets.

“That’s Xiumin. Head of the Ares house.”

Kyungsoo blinked towards Sehun who was following his glance, before humming.

“Doesn’t look like the rest of the Ares kids.”

“Say that to his face and he’ll beat you up.”

Kyungsoo supposed he understood where Sehun was coming from when he watched that Xiumin guy shooting his eyes up – there was a scary glint in them. Not just a pretty face. Good. Great.

His gaze travelled over the crowd again, and they stopped on those flaming locks of red hair and that smile that took most of Baekhyun’s face. He wondered if he was perpetually smiling because he knew he looked good when he smiled, or if it was just his personality.

Most of the Apollo kids were listening to whatever Baekhyun was saying, even Lay, and they were smiling fondly.

The table next to them – the Hermes table – was the messiest. There were kids pushing each other playfully (or not so playfully), and there were kids whispering to each other, then smiling guiltily whenever a satyr or a nymph passed by them.

He had met the head of their house earlier – a guy named Chen who had stolen about two buckets of pink paint from the Art class. When he’d sensed Kyungsoo’s curious glance on himself, he had only grinned a mischievous smile and motioned for him to stay quiet.

He hadn’t been interested enough at the time to wonder what a person could possibly need two buckets of pink paint for.

Now, however, as he kept staring at the Hermes table and the way Chen was side eye-ing the main table with that same mischievous glint in his eyes, he started wondering what he could be up to.

And then he saw him.

Him, with a capital H, because he’d never quite seen a human so breathtaking. A demigod. Whatever.

The boy’s hair was a soft shade of pink, as he moved through the tables, turning his head from side to side and greeting everyone with a smile.

Kyungsoo was in a daze, as he watched him walk forward – so smoothly and so elegantly, that it almost looked like he was floating.

He was wearing the same orange T-shirt everyone else was wearing, and it was supposed to look just as obnoxiously ugly on him as it did on everyone else, but no – he looked like he could make it work in a fashion magazine.

His skin looked perfectly smooth and it was a mellow shade of gold, kissed by the sun.

Kyungsoo didn’t even feel the way he leaned forward as he watched Him moving between the tables, until he finally stopped and sat down among the beautiful kids, who greeted him with wide smiles.

Kyungsoo let out a sigh.

Figures.

Of course a man as gorgeous as that would be Aphrodite’s son.

That was the only rational explanation.

As rational as anything in this camp could get.

Rational or not, Kyungsoo couldn’t help but stare at him throughout the entire dinner and wonder just how powerful the goddess of love actually was, because he was pretty sure he had just fallen in love. 

Sword fighting was fun, Kyungsoo supposed.

And so was the fact that he could apparently control ghosts. Sehun had filled him in on that some days after his arrival, and he had promised to help him work on it some time later.

Watching the Apollo kids riding pegasi was also fun – they were majestic creatures. But just as Sehun had said, when Kyungsoo tried approaching one of them, he’d almost gotten kicked in the face.

What was even more fun, though, was sitting at the Hades table at the dining pavilion, and waiting to see that one boy who had stolen his heart the first time he saw him.

OK, not really stolen his heart. He was hot, though. And Kyungsoo knew how to appreciate that.

He supposed it was alright to be dramatic, when the other was the son of the Goddess of love, though.

He would always stare around and try to see him, and he’d sometimes spot him among the masses of campers, before losing him in the crowd. Almost every time he looked, he wasn’t at the Aphrodite table. He wasn’t anywhere to be seen and Kyungsoo wondered where he was eating and what he was doing.

Today, however, he saw him.

He saw him, and he almost choked, because he had changed. His hair wasn’t pink anymore. It was a striking silverish white, flying in all directions, contrasting with his beautiful skin and making him look even more surreal.

No wonder he hadn’t been seeing him around. He had been looking for the soft pink hair, when he should have been looking for white.

He couldn’t help his excitement, when he saw him again. Walking between the tables just as aimlessly as the first time, greeting everyone.

When he reached the table of Aphrodite, he leaned over some kids and smiled at them. They were talking and Kyungsoo wished he knew what they were saying. He wondered what the boy’s voice sounded like. He would bet anything that it was just as soft and smooth as he imagined it to be.

Just when he was expecting the Aphrodite son to sit down, he turned around and did the one thing Kyungsoo hadn’t thought he’d do.

He sat down at the Athena table.

Right next to Suho, who gave him a warm smile and moved to make more space for him.

Kyungsoo just blinked at that. Had he seen wrong last time?

Was this another person? 

How come was an Aphrodite son sitting at the Athena table? Or was he a son of Athena?

Why had he been sitting down at the Aphrodite table, then?

He could feel the etch between his eyebrows deepening, as he turned towards Sehun.

“Can we sit at other tables?”

“Not unless we want to get smitten by a god or something.” Sehun said and Kyungsoo didn’t know what his expression looked like – possibly stupid – because Sehun smirk-smiled. “I’m messing with you. We don’t do that though. It’s forbidden.”

“…forbidden.“

“You can try. But if I were you, I’d keep my eyes open for those Furies.” 

Kyungsoo didn’t know if he was joking in that last bit or not, but he decided not to test his theories out.

Instead, he knitted his eyebrows again at the Aphrodite-now-Athena boy.

Maybe it was just his mind playing tricks on him. Maybe he had seen something wrong last time.

In any case, the rest of the dinner, he spent mostly distractedly talking to Sehun and staring at the vision just across the pavilion.

By the end of the week Kyungsoo had started losing his mind.

Because on the next day during lunch his eyes found him and his hair was back to pink and this time, he was sitting with a few girls on the Demeter table.

After the activities when he was on his way back with Sehun to the Hades cabin, he saw the boy again. He was returning from the fields with the children of Dionysus and just when Kyungsoo finally thought he’d figure out who he actually was when he’d see which cabin he’d enter, the boy laughed and entered the cabin with the rest of the kids.

Somehow, Kyungsoo couldn’t quite believe he was a son of the grumpy god at the main table he saw every day. He supposed he wouldn’t have been able to sit around all the other tables if his dad was actually watching. He didn’t look like he would be a son of Dionysus.

With the way he looked, Kyungsoo still strongly believed Aphrodite was involved, but maybe that was just him.

Kyungsoo could just blink blankly after him and wonder what was going on.

Sitting on different tables was forbidden. Entering other cabins was forbidden.

So why was this boy so freely walking all over the rules? No one seemed to mind either.

Every time he opened his mouth with the intention to ask Sehun about it, his half-brother would bring up something else – like their death summoning lessons and new swords and fun things like visiting the Underworld and Capture the Flag.

Instead, he’d go to bed every evening, completely exhausted from all the training during the day, vaguely wondering just who this pink-or-white haired demigod was.

Kyungsoo woke up to a complete havoc. He opened his eyes sleepily just when he heard another angry shout from outside of the cabin.

He looked over to Sehun’s bed, to see his half-brother shooting up in bed with surprisingly wide eyes for someone who just got woken up by the ruckus.

Kyungsoo scrambled out of his bed in distress when he saw Sehun grabbing the black sword he kept leaning against his nightstand.

“Grab your sword.” Sehun’s voice was still raspy from sleep and Kyungsoo blinked in surprise, as he shakily picked up the sword Chanyeol had forged for him the other day – a sharp and light thing, that had proven itself to be extremely useful in his sword fighting classes.

Sehun must have seen the way he was shaking as the shouts outside continued, because he looked at him and pursed his lips.

“Stay behind me.”

Kyungsoo gulped, as Sehun carefully pushed the door of their cabin open.

He didn’t know what he was expecting. Maybe an attack. Maybe that enhanced bat-lady again. A fury. A monster. Wasn’t that why they trained.

What he didn’t expect, though, was what he saw.

He watched Sehun lowering his sword and breathing out dramatically.

There were campers gathered everywhere – a sea of messy heads woken up from sleep, most of them standing in front of their cabins with drawn out weapons. Most of them, just like him and Sehun, must have thought someone was being attacked judging by the shouts they woke up to.

But no.

It wasn’t an attack.

It was something much worse.

The scruffily painted angry red color of the Ares cabin was now completely covered by pink paint, and there were bouquets of flowers carefully arranged between the barbed wires on the roof. It looked like a grunge Barbie dollhouse.

However, as Kyungsoo squinted his eyes, he could see the angry red peeking on a few spots under the hot pink, the head of a boar was still very dangerously staring at everyone around. The children of Ares screaming and fuming at the front definitely destroyed the image of a Barbie dollhouse.

Kyungsoo felt his jaw dropping a little, as he kept staring.

So that’s what Chen had needed the pink paint for.

“Oh ,” Sehun mumbled quietly, a hand on his hip. “Xiumin’s going to beat someone’s .”

Kyungsoo let out an understanding hum, as he looked back towards the crowd of campers keeping their distance away from the now pink House of Ares.

Xiumin was there, among the rest of the Ares kids. His brothers and sisters were screaming threats at everyone around, and most of them were holding swords up high, ready to fight.

Not Xiumin, though. He was just standing there, looking up at the pink house with an unreadable expression.

Kyungsoo almost shivered when he saw the boy looking away and towards the crowd instead. There was a deadly glint in his eyes. He may not have been screaming like the rest of the Ares kids, but he sure looked the scariest right now.

“Let’s get out of here before things start exploding.”

Kyungsoo had to agree with that proposition.

Sehun started walking away, still in his checkered pajamas and the black sword in his hand, and Kyungsoo only followed after him.

They were just about to leave the circle of cabins, when his eyes caught a certain brunette peeking from behind a tree with a mischievous grin.

Sehun noticed him in the same time.

“I’d hide better if I were you, Chen.” The younger Hades kid warned. “He’s not happy.”

“It was not me!” Chen said, but there was something about his -eating grin that said otherwise.

“It was you. Everyone knows it was you.” Sehun rolled his eyes. “No one else would dare piss Xiumin off like this.”

“Good thing he’s got a soft spot for me then.”

Kyungsoo almost winced. He didn’t know much about those guys yet, but judging by Xiumin’s earlier glare he wouldn’t rely on compassion, no matter how big of a soft spot he had for the Hermes kid.

He would run. Fast.

“Whatever, man. I just really hope you still have your dad’s flying shoes.” Sehun shrugged. “You’re going to need them.”

Kyungsoo was pleased to find out that him and Sehun were on the same wavelength, but in that same moment something actually exploded behind them and they took that as their cue to hurry the up and get away from there, the booming laughter of Chen resounding cheerfully around them.

The dining pavilion was mostly empty this early in the morning. There were a few kids on the Hypnos table – Kyungsoo suspected they’d ran away from their own cabin the moment the screams started to look for a more peaceful place to sleep at. There were also a few other campers, who had probably decided to run away from the warzone.

There were several satyrs and nymphs walking around the tables.

A certain something caught his eye though.

The very first table, the one in front of the big table, the one that usually remained empty because there were no residents in that certain cabin, now had someone sitting there.

A boy with soft, brown hair, and the camp’s orange T-shirt and-

Oh Gods, it was Him.

Kyungsoo almost stumbled in the middle of his step, as he realized that that sharp jawline and those soft lips were the same ones he had been dreaming about for the past few days.

And oh Gods, why was he sitting at the Zeus table?

Rules or not, he supposed there was some explanation behind him sitting at different tables every day.

But the main god’s table? Kyungsoo curiously looked at him and the brown locks of hair falling in his eyes.

Sehun turned around to check why he’d stopped right by the entrance, and Kyungsoo finally breathed out in defeat and blurted out the question he had been holding in.

“Who is he?”

Sehun raised his eyebrows and followed Kyungsoo’s gaze to the only person sitting at the very far corner of the pavilion.

“Oh, him?” Sehun shrugged, two perfect eyebrows still raised on his forehead. “That’s Kai.”

Kyungsoo felt like a choir of angels resounded in his mind, as he looked back to the boy sitting on Zeus’ table. At least he finally had a name to connect to the person.

“He’s a go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter