The Flickering Moment

Something that Flutters

It was the day that they will go back to Korea after they embark their first tour in Hong Kong. That week was a bit hectic but nothing is hard when they are together.

Nayoung is starting to feel the tiredness in her body. She sat on her bed contemplating of what she should do. She snapped in reality when Hana appeared in front of her, drops of water on her neck and that towel on her head makes her so y in Nayoung’s eyes.

The leader walked towards the other part of the room where Nayoung was sitting. Nayoung stopped Hana from her tracks and wrapped her around her arms. She was lucky enough to have Hana as her roommate but they can’t do anything other than sleeping.

Hana cupped Nayoung’s cheeks and leaned down to kiss her forehead. Nayoung smiled at the gesture and wanted reached for the leader’s lips. She captured it with so much passion that they did not notice the towel falling down from Hana’s head. Hana had to cut it because of their schedule.

“Not now, we have a flight to catch.”

Nayoung sighed but couldn’t do anything about it. She then prepared herself. She settled for a simple white shirt top with a blue denim blouse while Hana styles herself with a long-sleeve shirt topped with a one-piece red dress. She tied her hair up and once again Nayoung fell in love with the actual goddess in front of her. Simple things that make her heart flutter.

Few minutes later and they were both ready. Nayoung opened the door for Hana which she earns a pecked on the cheeks. She then dragged their luggage and locked the door of their hotel room.

They were seated together in their van and fingers intertwined. They look at the scenery of Hong Kong from the car and recall the memory they had during the trip. It was short but was wonderful. They’ve wanted to travel the world together.

They arrived at the airport and flashes of camera started to shower them moment the door of their van was opened. As usual, they smiled and pose for the cameras in front of them. They walked towards the entrance of the airport with Nayoung not forgetting to hold Hana’s hand.

After they checked in, they have some time for themselves and Nayoung thought it will be a good opportunity to spend time with Hana but her girlfriend is the leader of the team and have some things to do. She was busy checking on her members which made Nayoung heart flutters once more. Hana might be fragile but she is a very reliable leader. She saw her playing with her teammates and she just smiled at the scene. She didn’t even notice Sejeong sitting next beside her.

“Look at you, so whip”

“Look who’s talking, like you aren’t”

“Well at least I’m not that obvious”

“Of course, you flirt with every girl you see. I wonder why Mimi unnie hasn’t killed you yet”

“Because she loves me”

Nayoung just scoffed at her best friend’s remarks. Sejeong is really a good friend. She would always ask for advice from her whenever she and Hana had troubles.

Sejeong sat up and started to play with Mina and Hyeyeon, Hana was hugging Hyeyeon which Nayoung saw as an opportunity. She went behind where Hana was standing and hug her from behind. It startled the smaller girl a bit but she knows those touches so well that she does not need to know who it was.

Their energy went down and started to sit down. Nayoung was sitting alone when Hana and Soyee sat beside her. She was busy munching snacks and her girlfriend was busy chit-chatting with the tallest member of their team. Nayoung reached for her hand and transferred the lump of trashes on Hana’s hand. The latter was not accepting it but Nayoung forces her to get it. Nayoung was just playing but it makes her fall in love at Hana yet again. It was nonsense but these little things Hana does for her makes Nayoung’s heart flutter.

It was time for them to board the plane and Nayoung won’t leave Hana’s side. She would subtle hold her hand and hug her which the other members find so cringey. They were seated again together with Hyeyeon. The flight was short but Nayoung would get all the opportunity she could get to be with Hana.

They arrived at Incheon Airport and more cameras were there to capture those moment. Nayoung waited for Hana to go out and once she was out, the shorter girl went for a hug. Nayoung wrapped her hand around Hana as they walk around the airport.

“Aren’t you so clingy on me today?” asked Hana.

“Cause I miss you every second of the day”

“You are so cheesy you know”

“November kids are cheesy by nature”

Nayoung went to hug Hana and kissed her on her crown. Stayed like that for awhile while waiting for the airport procedures to be done. Nayoung stare at her girlfriend and kissed her again on the head.

“Aren’t we too showy? There’s a lot of cameras around”

“Let them know how much I love you”

“I didn’t know that Hong Kong air will have this effect on you”

Nayoung laughed at that remarks and continue to hug Hana despite the shutter sounds. She likes it, she likes everyone to know that the girl on her arms right now is hers.