Happy Birthdays To Hannah On Archive Of Our Own!

aesthetic

Samuel ruffled his hair and posed for the picture. 

"Say cheese!" Daehwi said, and snapped the photo. Click. He took a couple more just in case. Click, click. He handed the camera to Samuel for review.

"Hmm..." Samuel hummed as he looked over the photos. "I like these one, but my positioning looks a little funny. Let's retake it. Could you sit down on the ground and point the camera upwards? It'll make me look taller."

"Consider it done." Daehwi sat on the ground and captured Samuel in pictures with him looking to the side. Click. "Here you go," said Daehwi.

There was no grand reaction to those pictures either. Daehwi's friend just wasn't satisfied.

"I think I need a prop or something Daehwi. It looks very plain." Samuel started looking for something to have in the picture with him. He spotted the bags Daehwi brought with him. Without permission, he began digging through them.

"Samuel," Daehwi said, his voice strained. "please be careful. Those cameras cost me a fortune."

"You've told me the struggle of being an amateur photographer, I know." The younger pulled out a bunny rabbit from the bag. "Seriously?" 

Daehwi coughed. "You never know who wants you to take their picture. Some family could come up to me and say they want a photoshoot. What if they need a stuffed animal?"

"Right." Samuel dropped the bunny back in and gingerly took out a camera. "Look Daehwi, I'm not being rough with your baby."

"That is not my baby!" The photographer put his hand to his chin. "On second thought, maybe it is."

"I'm going to pose like this." Samuel demonstrated. "Please get the camera in the shot. I need to look aesthetic as possible."

"Um, you need to look what now?"

"Aesthetic."

"What does it mean?"

"Oh you know." Waving his hand, Samuel tried to come up with a good definition. Words could lose its meaning if it was used often enough. The internet used the word frivolously. "It means pleasing to the eyes."

"I see."

"Was that a pun?"

"Smile!" Daehwi caught Samuel with his eyebrows upwards in surprise and mouth agape. Click.

"Hey! I wasn't ready," pouted Samuel. He took the expensive camera by the neck strap. The next thing Daehwi knew, Samuel was waving the camera like a swing.

"SAMUEL! I swear to—"

"I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of my annoyance!" 

"You always say that!" complained Daehwi. "If you damage it, I will murder you."

"Ah, the sweet release of death!" Samuel raised both arms in the air.

Samuel took a quick picture of Daehwi looking angry. Click.

"Samuel! That wasn't funny."

The said boy grinned. "Sorry."

It was Daehwi's turn to press the button. Click.

"Why are you taking so many photos of me when I'm not looking at the camera?" asked Samuel.

"Sometimes candid pictures are better than looking at the camera photos," replied Daehwi.  

"Alright, click away! My Instagram feed is in danger," Samuel joked.

"Keep the jokes up and it really will be in danger."

...

7:23 pm

bravpunxh posted a picture.

7:24 pm

daelilyhwi liked bravpunxh's picture.

daelilyhwi commented: You look aesthetic.

bravpunxh commented: It was all thanks to a certain someone. ;) 

daelilyhwi commented: That reminds me, where are my photo credits?

 ...

Samuel smiled at the Daehwi's comments and took a screenshot.

Click.