The Dare

Hana (One)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Description: All it takes was one night, one dare and one call for them to meet again.

Taiwan was like a second home for her now. She can’t even count the times she’s been there already, be it for work, promotion or family vacation. However, she never had the time for her to hang out with friends like now. Although she’s filming for Running Man, they gave the cast and crew one night to unwind and relax. A reward for themselves for working hard the past year.

Few of the cast agreed to hit 1001 Nights Lounge Bar, and she certainly wouldn’t miss trying one of Taipei’s hottest place at the moment. They were only a few of them: Song Ji Hyo, Kwang Soo, Jeon So Min, Yang Se Chan, Kim Jong Kook along with their guest Choi Yeo Jin. The rest of the cast decided to just stay at the hotel to call their families.

The group hanged out in one of the booths of 1001 Nights Lounge Bar. Jihyo was satisfied just dancing to the loud music, listening to the cast’s funny stories, and drinking to their hearts content when Kwang Soo had the idea to spice things up.

“Let’s play Truth or Dare!”

And just like that, the rest of the group cheered. One by one, they were chosen to play. But with her luck, she barely made the night without playing. Barely, until the group noticed how quiet she was all evening.

“Jihyo-ya!” Jong Kook exclaimed, she cringed.  “It’s unfair for you to just enjoy watching us embarrass ourselves.”

“No, thank you. Besides, I wasn’t even chosen by that damn bottle yet.” She protested.

“Oh come on unnie! It’s fun.” Jeon So Min chimed in.

“Awww, noona’s just shy. We have to cheer for her! Jihyo! Jihyo!” Kwang Soo interfered.

Jihyo cursed inside, how else could she get out of this?

Yeo Jin joined, “Unnie, come on, Every one of us played at least once. Just one time.”

“Come on guys, we should let her be. She wasn’t even chosen yet, so why would she play?” Yang Se Chan tried to convince them.

EEH-BOO

Jihyo looked at Se Chan, grateful for what he said, but relented. “Arasso arasso, just once.”

“O-kay! that’s our Ace!” Jong Kook cheered, then asked, “Truth or Dare.”

“Truth.”

“Eeey, that’s no fun!”  Kwang Soo commented.

“Wae? Wae? Wae? That’s why it’s called Truth or Dare.” Jihyo argued.

Dare! Dare! Dare!

She sighed again, rubbing her temple to calm herself. “Okay, DARE!”

Then they made another ruckus to fight over what she should do.

y dance with a random stranger!

Eyyy- that’s too extreme for Jihyo-noona.

Sleep at a restroom!

She already does that!

Song Ji Hyo whined, “YA! Come on, I wanna get this over with.”

“ME!” Jeon So Min volunteered, “I have an idea!”

“Okay, let’s hear it.”

So Min stood up giddily then she started laughing, “You have to meet your husband tonight!”

“EEEEEEEEEH! How is that possible.” Kwang Soo rejected her idea.

“Ya, I meant that Chen Bolin guy! He’s from around here right?”

“Oh-ho-ho. Not bad So Min” Yeo Jin said, hifiving the actress.

Jihyo swallowed as soon as she heard the name. “YA! That’s- that’s- I can’t do that!” Jihyo protested, turning red at the thought.

“Oh come on, that’s nothing compared with me making out with a complete stranger.” Yeo Jin intercepted.

“Andwae, I haven’t even tried to contact him since our show ended.” Jihyo refused again.

“So, would you rather make out with a random stranger?” Yeo Jin dared.

“Come on Jihyo-ya, how ‘bout you text him first, see how it goes? If he doesn’t reply, we’ll stop bugging you.” Jong Kook suggested.

She stopped to think, then nodded, “Arasso, I’ll do it.”

She grabbed her phone and started typing. The whole group stood and watched behind her as she does it.

Hey.

Done. Sent.

“’HEY’? What kind of text is that.” All of them complained before going back to his seat.

Her phone ringed after a few moments. Then like a herd, all of them surrounded Song Ji Hyo.

Momo?

“AWWW” Yeo Jin and So Min reacted.

Before she could even reply, Bobo’s name came out on her screen. Chen Bolin suddenly called her. It took her by surprise that she almost dropped her phone.

“Omo! Ottoke?” She exclaimed.

“Answer him, unnie! Pali!” So Min instructed.

Jihyo released a heavy breath to calm herself, she signaled for them to be quiet, before answering the phone on speaker.

“Momo?” Chen Bolin asked with a hoarse voice.

“Ah de-de, Yeoboseyo,” she greeted back. “I-I’m sorry, Were you sleeping?” she asked in broken english, feeling a bit sorry for involving him in her dare.

Ask him if he could meet up with you. Jong Kook mouthed the words at her.

“Ani-ani, I can’t sleep, so I saw your message right away. By the way, you can speak in Korean, I’ve been learning these past few months.” Chen Bolin assured her.

“Ah-de, the thing is-“ Jihyo started to explain,

He shouldn’t know it’s a dare. This time Kwang Soo warned her.

She shook her head, thinking how random her next words may sound. “I’m in Taiwan right now, by any chance, are you… I mean, Are you not overseas?” She winced at her choice of words, she’s silently hoping that he won’t be available.

“Oh, I did hear Running Man was filming here. Yes, Actually, I just got home yesterday. Do you need anything right now? Are you filming this late?”

Now, now, now. Ask him now. So Min urged her, poking her to do it.

She nodded at So Min and motioned for her to stop meddling, “No, uhm, I know this may sound weird, especially at this hour, but can you- can we meet up somewhere?”

He didn’t answer right away, but she heard the rustling sound of the sheets.

“You could say no of course, I wouldn’t mind.” Song Ji Hyo added quickly.

“Sorry-“ she bit her lip, waiting for his rejection. “I’m up, where do you want to meet?”

The girls squealed in excitement in the background as they heard his answer.

She was surprised as well. So surprised that she couldn’t answer right away.

“Yeoboseyo…? Momo?”

“Ahhh, uhm, do you know some place good? I mean, I don’t know much in Taiwan, so…”

Then he chuckled, “dang-yeonhaji (Of course), I’m being silly aren’t I? Where are you? I could just fetch you and we could go somewhere.”

AWWW! The girls swooned again.

Embarassed to be at Elektro, she was hesitating to tell him where she was at. So, Kwang Soo grabbed her phone. “We’re at 1001 Nights Lounge Bar in Taipei, y’know that bro? Hurry, uri noona can’t wait to see you.”

“What the HELL?” She exclaimed, hitting Kwang Soo in his head.

“Oh? Who’s this-Never Mind, Okay, I know that.” He answered surprised at the male voice. “I’ll be there in 15-20 minutes.” He said flatly, “Please tell Mo-Jihyo.” Then the line went off.

“Hello-?” Jihyo tried to see if he was still on, but he wasn’t anymore.

“YA! Look at what you did.” She hit her again.

“You looked like you were about to back-out, so I did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter