Fin.

Stranger Danger

It has been six months since Lisa saw Sehun. Actually, it's been a year since she saved him that night, but she saw him six months after that at a convenience store near the hospital. She said hi without even thinking because she got really excited since she has been anticipating their next encounter. Sadly, she got disappointed because Sehun did not even acknowledge her at all. She knows that he saw her but he did not look back. She sulked for a few days after that and vowed to herself to never think about Sehun again. Unfortunately, she's been failing at doing so, with Sehun popping back to her mind at random times during the day. She hated it. 

 

She was on her way home after her shift in the hospital when someone suddenly approached her in the bus stop. She looked up to see a familiar pair of eyes. She blinked a fast to really confirm what she was seeing in front of her right now. 

 

"Lisa are you okay?"

 

Lisa blinked a few times more before deciding to speak up. "Sehun? What are you doing here?"

 

Sehun just gave her a sheepish smile and sat down beside her. 

 

"You know," he started, "I've been meaning to approach you for a few times now. And I'm sorry if I approached you this late, I had a lot going on the past year since you saved me. I just really wanted to say thank you again."

 

Lisa just stared at him, taking all in his beautiful features all at once. She didn't know if she'll ever see him again after this and she wanted to savor the moment. 

 

"Lisa?" Sehun called her attention. She snapped back out and just gave him a small smile. 

 

"I never really thought I'd see you again actually." She then gave out a small laugh. "But for some reason, I really wanted to see you again. Thanks for approaching me."

 

"I really have to go now, I was just passing by and I saw you and I really just wanted to say thank you." He stood up and started to walk away but Lisa stopped him, again.

 

"Are you just really going to leave like that? I know we're not friends or anything, maybe not even acquaintances but—" Lisa trailed off and paused. She took a deep breath and continued "—but I really want to get to know you."

 

Sehun just stared at her, trying to take in all of the things she said. After a few seconds, he composed himself and said "I'm sorry but you can't get to know me. I'm a dangerous person Lisa. You can't get involved with someone like me ."

 

Hearing what he said, Lisa immediately felt down and rejected. It wasn't her first time getting turned down, she cringes every time she remembers all the times when she was rejected. She wasn't mad at Sehun though, maybe it was for the best if they just stayed the way they are— strangers. 

 

Lisa looked up at Sehun and found him staring at her. Lisa composed herself and said "That's okay. I get it, you wouldn't want to get involved with someone like me either." She gave a soft laugh after saying that. 

 

Sehun was confused and it showed on his face. "Why?" He found himself asking Lisa.

 

Lisa gave out a small smile and said "Well, whenever I date someone everything just goes downhill after a few months. Most of the dudes say it's my fault because I don't have time." She paused for awhile and took a deep breath.

 

Sehun waited in anticipation with what she was about to say next. 

 

"Well, they're right about that. I don't have time." She continued "I don't have time for dates or cuddling or all other things that couples do which set off most of the dudes I dated. None of them lasted long enough for me to have my feelings invested in them which is a good thing, I think." 

 

Sehun smiled at her and said, "I don't have time as well. I always work and my job isn't exactly safe so as much as possible I don't want anyone to get attached to me or I to them." 

 

Lisa nodded in understanding. She wondered what kind of job did Sehun have for him to say it isn't safe. She wanted to ask him but didn't proceed because he's just a stranger. A stranger whom she doesn't want to have memories of. 

 

Sehun stood up and said "I really have to go now, it was nice seeing you again. The next time I run into you I promise I'll be buying you dinner." Sehun waved at her and walked off without even hearing her response. 

 

Lisa just looked down and waited for her bus to come. After a few minutes, it started to rain. The bus she was waiting for finally came, she made a run for it because she didn't have an umbrella with her. As she was about to get on the bus, someone tapped her shoulder. She turned around to see a drenched Sehun looking at her. She was about to ask what was he doing the driver suddenly asked them if they were going to ride or not. Lisa suddenly felt a bit embarrassed and said, "Yes, I'm sorry if I caused a delay." 

 

She didn't bother looking back at Sehun and just swiped her card and sat down on her favorite spot. She was surprised to see that Sehun followed her and even sat next to her. Lisa just looked at him as if he had horns on his head.

 

Sehun just chuckled because of the look Lisa gave him. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Sehun asked.

 

Lisa suddenly snapped out of her reverie and cleared awkwardly. "Uhm, why are you here? I didn't know we took the same bus home."

 

"I wanted to say something to you." Sehun answered her. Lisa just gave him a look and suddenly looked away. She treated the streets as if it was more interesting and beautiful than the person sitting beside her. 

 

Sehun cleared his throat which caused Lisa to look at him again. "Well, I thought about what you said." He started, Lisa just kept staring at him "You said you wanted to get to know me right?" He asked Lisa. 

 

Lisa just nodded a little bit confused as to where he was going with this conversation. He continued, "I want to get to know you too. I was just scared to admit it because I might put you in danger." He looked down after he said that. 

 

Lisa was confused and held his chin up in order for him to continue. He just stared at her, mesmerized with her eyes. Lisa cleared to snap him out of it. He just smiled and continued "but I think I'm willing to take a risk if it means that I can get to know you. I hope that you're willing to take a risk too." 

 

After hearing those words, Lisa felt as if the world around her stopped. She was so drawn to him, as if there's an invisible force pulling her to him. She knew she was in deep trouble because she knows how much she wanted to get to know him. Although it comes with risks, it's a risk that she has to take because it means that she'll get to know him. She doesn't know how dangerous getting to know Sehun will be but she's willing to learn about him along the way. This stranger screams danger but she's a risk taker who wouldn't dare let go of this chance handed to her by the universe. 

 

"I'll take the risk, because it's you."