Final

Distance doesn't matter, I still love you the same

It's been 2 months since Luhan went to Beijing to become one of the designers for a well-known fashion runway and although he was reluctant to go at first, Sehun succeeded in convincing him to go. Sehun knows it will be hard for them but they'll get by - that he is sure of.

Sehun was busy typing a presentation that he needs for the meeting tomorrow when his laptop suddenly rings. It was a video call from none other than his beloved. Without a single thought, he put down the records he needed to study and pressed the accept button.

Seconds after Luhan's face appeared.

"Sehun-ah!" he whined.

"Hi to you, too babe" Sehun flashed Luhan a comforting smile which the latter returned.

"Oi, Sehun-ah" Luhan called him out

"Hmmm?" Sehun propped his elbows on the table and stared at Luhan, zeroing his gaze on him.

He knows something's bothering him again. He has a feeling that today happens to be one of the days when Luhan blamed himself for being away from Sehun.

"I miss you" was Luhan's reply, dropping his head, avoiding Sehun's gaze.

Sehun smiled at Luhan affectionately.

"And I share the same sentiment with you. I miss you too, babe" Sehun assured Luhan.

"I miss you so so much, I can't stand being away from you anymore" Luhan sounded so broke that Sehun wanted to pull him out of the screen and hug him tight until he feels better.

"I do too, Luhan. I miss you so so much more that I can't wait to see you in person and hold you close again" Sehun told him in the sweetest way possible "so now, lift your head up babe and show me the face of the person I love the most, hmm?" Sehun urged him afterwards.

Luhan did just that. He lifted his head and Sehun heard his own heart breaking because of the sight in front of him.

Tears are cascading down Luhan's eyes and now, he really is thinking t if it's possible to pull Luhan out of the screen for he hates seeing Luhan cry.

"Hey, babe" he called.

"Hmm?"

"Why are you crying, love?" Sehun asked him though he knows what Luhan's answer would be. He just wanted to let whatever pain Luhan is feeling out of his system. The idea of Luhan being broken inside without him by his side doesn't sit well with Sehun.

"No-nothing" Luhan answered.

"Babe, come on" Sehun persisted.

"I-I just thought of how unfair I was being. I-I was the one who wanted to go here but I always cry in front of you & complain how in pain I was because I didn't think it would be this hard without you"

Luhan said those in between sobs.

"Hey, babe. It's okay, you aren't being unfair hmm? We both agreed for you to go there because hey, that kind of opportunity doesn't come too often and I want you to be happy. Luhan, that fashion runway was a lifetime dream for every designer and you made it! I couldn't be any more proud! You've achieved one of your dreams. And babe, it's okay to cry and miss me but it's not okay to blame yourself. I don't like you blaming yourself for something we can't control, okay? Hush now, hmm?"

Luhan gently wiped his tears away.

"How can you do this everytime?" Luhan inquired.

"Do what, baby?" Sehun asked, not having any idea of what Luhan is hinting at.

"You always know the right things to say"

Oh, so that's it. Sehun beamed at Luhan.

"Only for you, babe. So let's talk about your day, yes?"

Luhan nodded at him and they spent 3 hours telling each other stories of how their day went. Luhan told him about the designs he’s planning to make and showed to Sehun some samples. They also talked about how the fat director Luhan’s not really fond of, tripped during the practice walk. They erupted into a loud laugh that moment. Sehun told Luhan about the new restaurant near his workplace and that he want them to visit it together soon. When Sehun noticed that the clock had already struck 12, he decided that it's already time for Luhan to go to bed.

And after minutes of arguing with Luhan, the latter went to bed, their video call still ongoing. And a few minutes after, Luhan's already sound asleep, his breathing steady. Sehun just stayed there, watching the ethereal person in front of him, thanking his lucky stars for Luhan.

The next day went uneventful for Sehun. He left for work earlier than usual and he knows Luhan was still asleep so he didn't ring him for a video call. Instead, he sent him a rather lengthy message reminding him to eat his meal and take care and that he loves him very much.

That was until Baekhyun decided to give him a call. Baekhyun's another reason Sehun let Luhan go to Beijing for he knows someone will look after his beloved.

"What's up, Baek?" he asked after pressing the accept option.

"Luhan's intoxicated" Baekhyun told him.

"Why did you let him drink?! You know he handles alcohol like a 3-year old!" Sehun scolded Baekhyun.

"Hey, it wasn't like I gave him the permission! I went out to buy groceries and when I arrived he was already hiccuping!"

"How much did he drank?"

"A whole wine bottle"

"A whole wine bottle?! Where is he?!"

"He's in his room. I heard a few sobs awhile ago so I decided to give you a call" Baekhyun calmly answered.

"Can you lend him your phone please? I need to talk to him"

Sehun heard footsteps and a door opening and a faint "Lu" afterwards.

"Sehun?" he heard Luhan talk

"No, Luhan it's me, Baek. But Sehun wants to talk to you, here"

Sehun waited a few seconds and then he heard a sob.

"Sehun-*hic* ah" Luhan called him out in between hiccups and sobs, voice hoarse.

"Yeah, it's me Lu. Are you drunk?" he asked.

"I drank only a little. I just felt very sad and I wanted to forget"

"You finished a whole bottle, Luhan. That's not a little amount" Sehun said.

"Sehun-ah, are you *hic* mad? I'm sorry. I won't drink again, I promise *hic*"

"I'm not mad, I just want to know why you drank"

"Do you know what time and date it is today?" Luhan asked him.

"It's May 19, 6 p.m. here in Seoul and 5 p.m. at your place, same date" Sehun answered.

"And do you know what's happening tomorrow, Sehun-ah? "

"It's our 5th anniversary. Is that why you drank?"

Luhan answered him with a faint yes.

 

"It's just that we won't be able to celebrate together & I know how important tomorrow is for the two of us & I want to at least be there with you, but I can't. I can't and Sehun, I just want to cry so hard"

Sehun gripped his phone tightly.

"Hey, baby. We can video call each other tomorrow the whole day, we can still celebrate our anniversary together" Sehun proposed.

"But it's not the same. I want to feel you" Luhan started crying louder.

"I know, baby but we'll see each other soon. In two weeks time, Luhan" Sehun stated but only got faint sobs as a reply.

"The celebration can wait, babe. I can wait. So please, don't cry. You know how I hate hearing you cry when I can't wipe it away for you. Luhan, please?" Sehun continued.

Sehun heard a few more sobs until it finally came to a stop. He sighed, relieve flooding though his system.

"You'll wait for me, okay?" was Luhan's next reply.

"Gladly and patiently. And I want you to remember that the distance between us doesn't matter, I still love you the same, Luhan" he said softly.

"I love you, too Sehun-ah"

"Now go ask Baekhyun for a bottle of water and rest, baby. You had a long day"

Few seconds later, Sehun heard Luhan murmuring his name and then nothing but the sound of Luhan's breathing.

He slumped on his swivel chair and closed his eyes. Luhan's already asleep. When the clock hits 6, Sehun packed up his things and head home. He still need to do a lot of things.

The next day, Luhan woke up with a throbbing head. He looked at the clock at his bedside table and it reads 9:30 a.m. He went straight to the kitchen to get something to eat.

"Good morning, little drunkard" Baekhyun singsongs, clearly teasing Luhan.

"What are you making?" Luhan inquired, ignoring Baek's teasing.

"Hangover soup. Don't worry, it's edible" Baekhyun said with a wink and turned off the stove. He grabbed a bowl and filled it with the soup he cooked and placed it on the table "Dig in"

Luhan took a spoonful of it and it really is edible.

"It tastes great, Baek!" he proclaimed

"See? Now finish that up and drink this meds " Baek handed him paracetamol for his headache

"Thank you, Baek" he smiled gently at him

"You're welcome. I'll be heading now then, I still got to finish the designs for this week. And don't worry about going to work, I already told them you're sick and will be absent for today. Spend this day with Sehun" Baekhyun stated with a soft smile lingering on his lips and head out of their apartment.

After finishing the soup and drinking the paracetamol, Luhan tidied up and washed the dishes.

He went to his room and opened his laptop, immediately opening Skype. Luhan searched for Sehun and the latter wasn't online. Is he still asleep? Luhan grabbed his phone and dialed his number. He wasn't picking up. Where could he be?

Luhan was pacing back and forth in his room when he heard the doorbell being rung. Must be Baekhyun, he thought

"A moment, Baek" Luhan immediately went out to open the door and there stood the person he least expected to see that day. Sehun.

"Hi, did you order for an anniversary special?" a grinning Sehun asked him.

A slap. Luhan slapped the person in front of him.

"Babe, what was that for?" a shocked Sehun asked.

"You're real" Luhan stated, his eyes wide.

"Of course, I am!" Sehun chuckled and pulled Luhan into a tight hug, "I missed you so much, love" then Sehun placed a chaste kiss on the top of his head.

Seconds after, Luhan pushed Sehun lightly.

"Babe, wha-hmmp" Luhan crashed his lips on Sehun's. Finally, he thought.

Sehun returned his kisses with the same passion and intensity.

"I missed you, I love you" Luhan said in between kisses and Sehun smiled.

When they realized that they also need to breathe, they reluctantly pulled out from the kiss.

"Happy anniversary, babe" Sehun said.

"It's a 'happy' anniversary indeed" Luhan replied and pulled Sehun again for a searing kiss.