But You Didn't

My Husband is a Soldier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Eerie sounds.

Agonizing pain.

Unacceptable truth.

LIE.

 

I look at the sky as the tears keep on cascading from my eyes. Three long weeks has passed...yet you're still not around. My long curly locks dances with the wind as the thin white dress I am wearing becomes my second skin. My big tummy is showing out and proud...as our little unborn child is wiggling inside, demanding some warmth from your end.

Yet...you are not here to bestow us that.

I remember those days when you used to promise me this and that. Your cheerful eyes, your warm smile, your assuring laugh...where are those now, my Love? I miss you...I miss you, but my heart is beating wildly, thumping as if it wanted to warn me about the heartbreak I'm about to face.

Yet...in the deepest part of that, I know you will return. You have to...because I need you.

Oh I have to confess something...I bumped your favorite car when I was trying to drive my way to the hospital. I was in a rush because I was trying to avoid the rush hour. When you come back to me, scold me please. I promise not to snap back at you when you started lecturing me. I promise not to shut my eyes and ignore you for days after it...just come back.

Do you remember when you said you will accompany me to know the gender of our baby? Guess what? I still haven't ask the doctor for it. She promised to keep it a secret until you safely return. I am excited about it Oppa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter