The search

P.F. Chang's

"Taemin," Minho shouted, his voice echoing through his boyfriend's small house as he stood at the doorway.  Upon receiving no answer, he entered and closed the door behind him to keep out the cold.  "Taemin!" he called again.  "Are you ready? We need to leave!"

Taemin sat in his small bathroom, almost finished with the final touches on his hair.  "I'm almost done hyung!" he shouted back.  "Give me a minute!"  He hurriedly sprayed hairspray on one of his soft locks, perfecting his hair.  He stood up and gave himself a once over in the mirror.  He looked good.  Well, why wouldn't he?  He had spent extra time to get ready for this extra special night.  The young boy grabbed his jacket and rushed out of his room to meet his boyfriend.  

Minho stood near the door, arms crossed and foot tapping as he waited for his beloved to finish getting ready.  Upon seeing said person, the tall boy broke out into a large smile.  Minho could telling Taemin put extra work into looking good for this night (not that he really needed the extra time, he was already gorgeous).  Taemin's outfit was one of Minho's favorites and not a hair on his head was out of place.

"I'm ready hyung," Taemin said, a wide smile also plastered on his face.  He walked over to Minho and gave him a tight hug.  Minho returned the embrace carefully, not to mess up any of Taemin's hard work.

"You look really nice tonight, Taemin-ah," Minho's low voice spoke.  

"I know," Taemin replied, the edges of his lips turning up at the compliment.  

"Well," Minho said, breaking the embrace and grabbing the other's small hand.  "We'd better get going."  Taemin merely nodded and locked the door behind them as they exited.  When he turned around, Minho was already at the car, opening the passenger's seat door and motioning for him to get in.  Taemin did so, pulling on his jacket and smiling at his hyung.

Minho walked around the vehicle and sat himself in the driver's seat, sliding the key into the ignition and turning it.  Taemin shivered for a couple of moments before the heater started to work and blew warm air into his face.  It wasn't until they were racing down the highway that Taemin finally realized he didn't know where they were going.  

"Hyung," Taemin voiced out loud.  He continued when Minho hummed in acknowledgement.  "What are we going to do tonight?"  The young one rubbed his hands together, creating warmth from the friction.  

"Well, I was planning on going out for a nice dinner, then maybe a movie..."  Taemin glanced at Minho, getting the feeling that there was more to be added.  "Then..." Minho finally continued after a short silence, "you know, since it's our one year, and your parents are gone for the weekend..." He suddenly was very focused on the road.  "Then maybe we could go to your house for the night...."  He blushed as he finished talking.  He quickly peeked at the small boy to his right, pleased with the younger's reaction.

"That sounds great," Taemin said, a small blushing also rising to his cheeks at the thought.  A small smile graced his features.  Finally.  "But hyung, where are we going to eat?"

Minho turned to his cute dongsaeng and winked.  "It's a surprise!"  Taemin wanted to use his aeygo and beg for his hyung to tell him where they were going to dine.  But, Taemin decided not to.  Minho was already taking him out to eat, and maybe even a movie (these weren't happenings that often occurred), so he didn't want to annoy the other.

However, he soon found out when Minho pulled the car up next to a large, extravagant restaurant.  There were statues and a nicely trimmed garden in the front, displaying the restaurant's wealth.  

"This place looks expensive..." Taemin quietly said as Minho opened the door for him and helped him out of the car.

"I want to eat somewhere nice with you."  Minho wrapped a long arm around Taemin's shoulders.  The smaller one leaned into Minho's warmth, taking it for granted in the cold weather.

When they reached the entrance, Minho opened the door, pushing Taemin inside.  He walked up to the first desk and told the host his name.

"I'm sorry sir, but your not on the list."

"What? I called a few days ago to make a reservation," Minho said, frowning.  Of course he was on the list, he had made the call himself.

"There's a company event, and you aren't on the list," the man repeated.  

Minho clenched his hands into a loose fist.  "I made a reservation."

"All the reservations have been canceled.  I'm sorry sir, but you will have to come back some other time."

Minho took a deep breath in, then huffed it out.  "Fine then."  He his heels and stalked out of the place, Taemin in tow.  The host bid the disappointed customers a goodnight, but he received no response.

Minho slammed both car doors before sitting himself angrily in the driver's seat and gripping the steering wheel tightly.  Taemin, unsure of what to do, softly cupped Minho face with both hands and turned his face towards his own, locking eyes.

"Hyung," he said gently.  "It's fine."  He gave his most convincing smile and ran his thumb over Minho's lips.  "We'll just watch the movie."  Minho let go of the steering wheel and placed his hands over Taemin's.

"I really wanted to go out to eat with you..." he moped.  Taemin felt his heart sink slightly in his chest.

"There are many other places to eat around here, we can just eat something else."  At this suggestion, Minho let out a small sigh and forced a small smile.

"I guess that will be alright."

Minho turned the car on and pressed his foot against the gas.  "What are you thinking you want to eat, Taemin-ah?"

Taemin pondered this a little before responding.  "I don't know, how about we just drive around until we find something we want?" Minho nodded in agreement.

It was only a few seconds before Taemin spotted something.  "Oh!" he said suddenly, making Minho jump slightly.  "We could go to McDonalds!"

"Taemin..." Minho began, shaking his head disapprovingly.  "That place is sticky and the food is cold and greasy.  Besides, it's a special night, I want to take you some place nice."

"McDonalds is good..." Taemin continued, trying to convince Minho to take him there.  It was in vain.

"Not tonight Taemin, we can go there another time.  I'll even order the happy meal so you can have two toys," Minho bargained.

Taemin nodded, but gaze lingered on the fast food place until Minho had driven far enough away for it to be out of sight.  Taemin silently sighed, and began his search for a new place.  Next time.  Then another place caught his eye.

"Minho-hyung!" Taemin nearly shouted, jumping in his seat.  "What about Splitsville?! We could eat and bowl too!" Taemin flashed a magnificent smile, excitement clearly evident.

Minho liked the idea, it really did sound fun.  He could imagine letting Taemin win (because Taemin was the only person Minho would let win) and Taemin being all too happy that he won a round of bowling.  But it just wouldn't work.  "It's past eight, that won't work."

Taemin looked away from the window.  "Why not?" he asked, his eyes wide and hopeful.  

"They only let people who are eighteen and older in after eight."

Taemin slumped back in his seat, pouting.  "So I'm not old enough..."

"It seems so..." Minho placed a comforting hand on Taemin's small shoulder, not wanting to ruffle his perfect hair.  He almost laughed at Taemin's sudden change of mood, but managed to hold it in.  "Maybe next year."

"Oh! Hyung!" Taemin exclaimed again.  "How about we eat there?"  Minho looked at Taemin's finger, pushed against the window.  Following where it was pointing, he spotted the place Taemin mentioned.  It was a nice place.  He had been there once with his parents a while ago.  The inside was decorated nice and romantically, the food was hot and tasty, and they even had peppermints sitting on the table right next to the door.  Minho didn't see why not.

"Alright, Taemin.  We'll eat at P.F. Chang's."

As they walked into the restaurant, hand in hand, Taemin smiled brightly.  And, because Taemin was happy, Minho was too.

 

 

 

 

A/N- im really suprised that it took me so little time to write this.... maybe two hours? it takes me so much time to put my thoughts into words ._.

 

anyways, thank you for reading! please comment :)