Happy Birthday, My Queen

Birthday Coupons

A/N: It’s Joohyun’s bday today, and I wanted to contribute something with this cute oneshot. I had lots of help with this idea from my brainstorming partner, and we’re basically an unstoppable team. Without her help this couldn’t have been done. Happy birthday to Joohyun!!!! I hope this turns out to be a good read for everyone.

 

Kang Seulgi had spent the entire week before her girlfriend, Bae Joohyun’s birthday thinking about what she could give to her. They’ve been together for many years, ever since they were both young teenagers. The couple have spent each of their respective birthdays with one another without fail. In some cases, of them being physically apart. There was still the facetime call, and gift left behind for the other to find. This year, for Joohyun’s 27th birthday. She had told Seulgi several times. That she didn’t want anything special. Joohyun said, it was enough that they were together, and even if they just had dinner out, somewhere. That would be more than fine with her.

 

Seulgi didn’t want to do dinner only. Not after nearly 10 years of being together. Her girlfriend, and love of her life deserves something special. She couldn’t think of anything for some time, and it was growing closer to Joohyun’s birthday. This year it felt like March. 29th was approaching faster than it ever had before. Seulgi took into consideration that, Joohyun said she didn’t want anything special. That means she doesn’t need anything expensive or flashy. Seulgi realizes then, something else she can do to show her love and appreciation. The brunette, monolid woman came up with a brilliant idea. She just hoped she would be sneaky enough to not get caught. She was almost caught a few nights ago by her girlfriend.

 

(Flashback)

 

Seulgi was using the times where, Joohyun was either asleep, at work, or just out somewhere to work on her top-secret birthday surprise. The brunette woman felt good about how sneaky she was being so far. Joohyun doesn’t seem to have a clue about what she has been doing. She hopes to keep it so for at least a few more days. Her birthday is fast approaching, and Seulgi wants the surprise to stay a surprise. However, she hears footsteps and immediately shoves her work inside of her desk. She’s been sneaking off to her home art studio to work on the surprise, and Joohyun was asleep when she left her a while ago. It doesn’t surprise, Seulgi that she has woken up just to find her. The monolid woman knows, Joohyun can’t sleep well without her.

 

“Seul?” Joohyun calls out tiredly.

 

“H-hey, Hyunnie…what’s up?”

 

The raven hasn’t been able to sleep properly because Seulgi isn’t besides her.  She can’t sleep well without her bear-like love also there. They’ve been sleeping besides one another so long. It’s like second nature to reach out and make sure Seulgi is there too. The shorter woman has noticed that Seulgi has been getting out of bed often these few nights. Joohyun, sees now that she is in her home art studio. She doesn’t appear to be painting, drawing, or reading comics like she sometimes does.

 

“Why are you here? You should be in bed with me?” Seulgi can hear the pout in Joohyun’s tone, without even really having to look at her. It is one of the perks of being with her girlfriend for so long. Seulgi gets up from her desk, and walks over to her. The slightly taller woman wraps her arms around Joohyun, and kisses her forehead.

 

“I’m sorry. Let’s go back to bed, alright?”

 

“Okay.” Joohyun nods. “What are you up to anyway?” She wonders aloud, while placing her arm around her girlfriend’s waist. Seulgi tries not to let it slip that she’s nervous. She hopes that Joohyun doesn’t learn about what she’s been doing. It would ruin the surprise, and Seulgi wants for, Joohyun to be pleasantly surprised for her birthday.

 

“I just couldn’t sleep well these last few days. I came out here to draw.” Seulgi briefly explains in what is not entirely a lie. The raven doesn’t completely buy it. Seulgi is up to something, only right now she’s too tired to properly address what it could be. The couple head back to their bedroom, and get back into bed. Moments later, Joohyun is cuddling up to her. The bed is always much warmer with her monolid love besides her. Seulgi carefully places an arm around her, bringing her closer.

 

“You know, you’ll have to tell me what you’re hiding from me. Sooner or later.”

 

“You’re so paranoid. I’m not hiding anything from you, Hyunnie.”

 

“Hm, sure…” She yawns. “You’re not that sneaky, baby. I know you…” The raven ends up drifting off to sleep much faster than she wanted. Seulgi smiles softly, and breathes a sigh of relief knowing she’s safe for the moment. She’d better hurry and finish up her gift soon.

 

(End)

 

That was then and it’s officially the day before Joohyun’s birthday. Seulgi is more surprised that so far, she hadn’t given anything away. That doesn’t mean that Joohyun isn’t still suspicious of her behavior. Seulgi has been spending more time away from her than ever this past week. Joohyun decides to ask during dinner that night. She hopes that food will distract her long enough to admit what’s happening.

 

“Hey, baby?” Joohyun calls out. The monolid woman is eating, and seems to be so focused on her noodles. That she is not paying attention to her girlfriend calling her. Joohyun reaches over and taps her arm softly.

 

“Seul,” she tries again. The soft way she calls her name this time does get through to her. Although, she is shoving noodles into . She pauses to finish chewing before addressing her.

 

“Yea, Hyunnie?”

 

Joohyun takes her free hand, and places a soft kiss against her knuckles. She needs to see if she can get her girlfriend to admit to what she’s up to. Seulgi is up to something, and it’s clear.

 

“You wouldn’t be hiding anything as far as tomorrow, would you?”

 

“Tomorrow?” The monolid woman pretends to not know. “Is there something happening tomorrow?”

 

The raven frowns and lightly smacks her arm. She knows that Seulgi is only kidding, as if she would really forget her birthday. Joohyun just doesn’t find the particular joke funny.

 

“Hey, do you want to sleep on the couch?”

 

“You’ll be begging for me to be in bed with you in minutes.” Seulgi teases, and Joohyun has no comeback for that. It’s true that she will probably go get her after minutes. She’s never liked to sleep alone, and especially she doesn’t like to be alone without Seulgi. Not after them being together for so long.

 

“Yah, shut up.” The raven softly whispers, and kisses her cheek. She has a feeling that Seulgi is probably hiding an expensive gift somewhere, although she truly doesn’t want anything material. She is more than happy to have a quiet evening alone, just them.

 

“Seul, you know I don’t need anything expensive. I was serious about just having dinner somewhere.”

 

The brunette nods in understanding. She knows Joohyun doesn’t want anything extravagant. It doesn’t change the fact that her gift is finished, and is ready for her.

 

“Don’t worry. I remember what you said, Hyunnie. It’ll just be a simple day with you and me.”

 

Joohyun smiles in gratitude. She wants to spend her birthday together with the woman she loves, but doesn’t need for anything over the top.

 

“Good, because you’re really all I need.”

 

Joohyun is so sweet, and Seulgi feels lucky as well as grateful to have her. Tomorrow the raven will be reminded of just how much she means to her. The brunette smiles and cups the side of Joohyun’s face in her hand.

 

“You’re all I need too, Hyunnie. Now, let’s get ready for bed, because I have a three day trip to Thailand planned. We have to go and pack right now.” She says it so animatedly that for a split second the raven does believe her. Seulgi starts smiling when she sees Joohyun’s slightly shocked face.

 

“I’m kidding, just kidding.”

 

“Not funny, Kang Seulgi.”

 

The monolid woman laughs again, as she gets up to clear the dishes. She hopes that tomorrow will be a very good day for Joohyun. When the raven does wake up in the morning. The bed is missing one, huggable, loveable bear. She frowns, and touches the sheets that are semi warm. Seulgi hasn’t been gone long. That’s good because she can still get her birthday kisses. Then there’s a part of her mind that wonders if her girlfriend has forgotten her birthday for real. Joohyun knew that she was being teased yesterday. It just wouldn’t necessarily surprise her if on the actual day Seulgi forgets. One year, early on in their relationship her bear-like girlfriend had forgotten.

 

Joohyun was so determined to stay upset with her for a bit. She planned to give Seulgi the most extreme silent treatment. It didn’t work out that way, since Seulgi made it up to her in the sweetest way the next day. She brought her a carrot cake, purple bag, and sang her a song. Also, Seulgi was just so cute and adorable. Joohyun knew then that she was 100 percent in love with one, Kang Seulgi. She could never stay angry with her not when she’s so lovable.

 

“If she forgot my birthday.” Joohyun starts to get up from their bed. She will have words with Seulgi if she has. She barely gets up to locate her significant other. When said monolid woman enters at that moment with a tray of breakfast. From where Joohyun is sitting she can see a bowl of rice, a dish of beef, rolled eggs, and an attempt at red velvet pancakes. Nothing looks burned, which Joohyun is already thrilled about.

 

“Good morning, birthday girl.” Seulgi smiles warmly, then leans down to kiss the raven. She eagerly responds to the kiss. Finally, she is getting her morning kisses. Not that she doesn’t always get kisses every morning. There’s something a bit more special as it’s her birthday, although her lips always taste and feel the same. Today is her birthday and she’s being kissed by the love of her life.

 

“I thought you forgot.” The shorter woman whispers when they break away.

 

“You thought I forgot? Me, forget my Hyunnie’s birthday, never.  Are you hungry?”

 

“I’m starving.” The raven is about to reach for utensils, only Seulgi gently pushes her hand away.

 

“No, I’ll be feeding my queen on her birthday.”

 

Joohyun’s cheeks tint slightly pink at the way Seulgi declares that she’s her queen. The monolid woman has always treated her as if she were a queen, goddess, most important person in her life. Just as Joohyun in turn treats her as the most precious person in her life. Seulgi, is her love, her heart, lovable teddy bear whom she wants to spend the rest of her life with.

 

“I’m your queen, am I?”

 

Seulgi kisses one of her hands. In the way that someone would kiss the hand of royalty.

 

“You are absolutely my queen.” She smiles, then sits down across from her in their huge king sized bed. Then takes to happily feeding her some of the pancakes first. She’s so proud of the practice that went into making them. Seulgi is also relieved that they didn’t come out burnt at all.

 

“I’m surprised. They look so good, baby.”

 

“Wannie helped me learn how to make these pancakes. It took me awhile to get it right, and I practiced a lot so they’d be delicious for you. Do you like them?”

 

“I love them, thank you. Now, what does the kitchen look like?” The raven teases, because she has tried to teach Seulgi how to cook before. Her girlfriend has gotten better over the years, and has come a long way from burning food. It doesn’t change the fact that the kitchen is usually left in shambles. There will be pots and pans everywhere, unpackaged or still packaged items left all over their normally pristine marble countertops. Sometimes, Joohyun will find utensils or cooking ware out of place, and that usually disturbs the very organized raven. She mostly doesn’t like to leave Seulgi in the kitchen unsupervised.

 

“The kitchen is perfectly fine. I woke up early to make breakfast, and I was neat too. Here, eat some more.” Seulgi feeds her some of the rice and beef. The second Joohyun tastes how good it tastes, not burnt or dry in anyway. It’s really true that Seulgi has indeed come a long way from the early days of not being able to cook at all. That is a relief to Joohyun, so she wouldn’t worry about her other half starving without her.

 

“Thank you. This was really good, Seul.” Joohyun assures, after eating her breakfast.

 

“I’m glad that you liked everything. Since you’re full, can I give you your gift now?”
 

Joohyun  didn’t want a gift. She told Seulgi not to get her anything, but it doesn’t surprise her that Seulgi went out to get her one anyway. She sighs softly, and touches her cheek.

 

“Honey, I didn’t want a gift.”

 

“Don’t worry. It’s nothing really over the top. Close your eyes, okay?”

 

“Alright.” The raven closes her eyes, and waits patiently for Seulgi to give her the gift. Soon she feels something like a booklet being placed in her hands. The monolid woman gives a gentle kiss to her lips.

 

“Okay, you can open your eyes, Hyunnie.”

 

When she does it’s to see a purple colored booklet.  It’s in the shape of a coupon book, but it’s more detailed. There are tiny bears drawn onto the corners, and a bunny that represents her wearing a purple flower crown on each page. Seulgi also drew a bear alongside the bunny on each page. The front cover reads, Birthday Coupons.

 

“Birthday Coupons?” Joohyun repeats while reading.

 

“Yes, these are all handmade coupons that you can use. They are for you to use through the day. It’s your birthday, so you can do anything you want. I am here to grant any wish you choose from the book.”

 

It’s a sweet gesture, and honestly she prefers a gift such as this. Seulgi thought this out so carefully. She made such a delicate, beautiful gift for her. Something from her own hands and made from the heart. Joohyun flips through the book, and immediately takes out one that reads.

 

“You may kiss the bear at any time you want.” There is also an image of the bunny planting a kiss on the bear alongside the words.

 

“I think I’ll use this one now.” Joohyun happily leans up to kiss Seulgi fully on the lips. She has a good feeling that she will really like this coupon book.

 

“Hyunnie…” Seulgi tries to get her attention.

 

“Wait, just one more.” She smiles, going in for another kiss. Well, she’s the birthday girl, and if she wants more kisses. Then she will get more kisses, as many kisses as she desires.

 

“You’re taking advantage of the coupon.” The slightly taller woman teases her.

 

“I’m holding onto this one.” The raven makes sure to keep that particular coupon close to her.

 

“Okay, you can keep that one all day. Why don’t you get showered and changed. We have a full day ahead of us.”

 

“Alright, but can you join me, or is that not apart of my coupons?”

 

It wasn’t officially a coupon, but Seulgi supposes that she can make an exception.

 

“It’s your birthday. We can bend the rules a bit.”

 

“Great.” Joohyun smiles.  “Let’s go.” She grabs her hand, and leads her towards their bathroom. Whenever they shower together it takes twice as long, because the last thing either of them are focused on is showering. There is usually too much kissing, groping, and pinning each other up against the shower walls.

 

“Babe, if you don’t stop kissing me. We will never get out of the shower.” The shorter woman pretends to be more upset than she is. She doesn’t ever need any excuse to make out with Seulgi.

 

“You’re the one that won’t stop kissing me.”

 

“Your lips are so distracting. I can’t help myself.” Joohyun has always been a bit addicted to her soft, pink lips. Long before she even had the chance to feel them against her own. She would do nothing but stare at her while she spoke. She would stare and imagine that she was kissing Seulgi. The raven would constantly fantasize about her lips, wondering if they were as soft as they looked. When she was finally able to kiss her, and feel how perfect they matched against her own. She naturally became addicted to kissing her. It’s without a doubt one of her favorite things to do with her girlfriend, among other intimate acts. Seulgi reaches over to push some of her dark locks back.

 

“Try to help yourself a little, okay.” The brunette whispers. “We have a busy day.”

 

The couple decide that it’s best to not dwell too much longer in the shower. They finish and go to change separately. If they get dressed together then it would be more kissing, and less clothes being put on. Seulgi dresses in a simple black and white striped shirt, and dark jeans. She comes her hair down and puts on a pair of comfortable sneakers. Then she goes to wait in their kitchen for Joohyun to come. When she does come out wearing a knee length purple dress, matching ankle boots, and nails painted the same shade of purple. Her lips are a pretty red shade, and hair let down her shoulders. She looks amazing as always, and Seulgi knows she is staring. Joohyun walks over and playfully closes .

 

“You’re staring, sweetie.” She says with a soft whisper. It makes Seulgi snap out of it quickly.

 

“It’s not my fault that you’re so beautiful.” Seulgi grins, and pulls her onto her lap.

 

“Seul, this was just ironed.” She complains, but sits down carefully, mostly to avoid any creases.

 

“It’ll be on the floor later anyway.”

 

“You’re silly, but hold on. Let me look through the book to see which coupon to use now.”

 

Seulgi nods, and wraps her arms around her girlfriend’s waist, so not to mess up her dress in anyway. Joohyun looks through the handmade booklet, and picks the one that reads, “Trip to your favorite laundry detergent company” There is also a cute picture of a bear presenting the bunny with a bottle of downy fabric softener. Joohyun’s eyes are about to pop out of her head. If this is a joke then she will be so upset at Seulgi for doing such a cruel prank, although she can never imagine Seulgi playing a cruel prank intentionally. Her girlfriend also knows how much she loves Downy Lavender scented fabric softener.

 

“Are you kidding? Is this a joke?”

 

“No, of course not. I called ahead to get us a tour, and we can go there first if…”

 

“Yes, let’s go now!” The shorter woman gets up quickly, and pulls Seulgi out of the chair. The brunette barely has time to grab her bag or keys before Joohyun is rushing them out the door. She is glad to see the raven so excited, even if she has never met anyone so happy about fabric softener. Seulgi could still remember Joohyun telling her about her laundry/ironing skill, or obsession depending on who you ask.

 

(Flashback)

 

They were finally out on their first official date. Seulgi could hardly believe the slightly older, goddess Bae Joohyun agreed to a date with her. She was so nervous of making a fool of herself that even Joohyun could see. The older girl held her hands several times in an effort to calm her. The movie they went to was fun and distracting. Seulgi could have sworn she felt her trying to hold her hand then too. It was clear that the older girl loves skinship, and Seulgi not all that used to it freezed up a few times. Dinner went well too, and they were even able to talk about a few of their shared interests like music, and dance. Seulgi thought maybe they had a lot in common, that is until Joohyun mentioned hobbies.

 

“I draw.” Seulgi admits. She considers her drawing a hobby, her best friends tell her that it’s a skill, and she has god-like drawing abilities. “Do you have any hobbies you like, Joohyun-unnie?”

 

“I have things I’m good at, but if I tell you I think you’ll find me weird.”

 

There’s no way Seulgi could find her weird. Joohyun is so quiet, but nice and has this mysterious air about her.

 

“No, I won’t try me.”

 

Joohyun looks hesitant still, and that’s because she’s nervous. She really likes Seulgi, and is hoping to get to know her a bit better. They’ve been friendly with one another, but she wants to know Seulgi more personally. She has a good feeling that Seulgi likes her back, as more than friends. She just doesn’t want to jinx it, or read too much into things. Joohyun especially doesn’t want to scare her away.

 

“You’ll laugh.”

 

Seulgi can see in that moment she is just as nervous. The younger girl places her hand over Joohyun’s, and the simple yet comforting action makes her smile. She knows her earlier initiations of skinship made Seulgi tense, so the fact that she’s trying now means a lot.

 

“I won’t laugh at you, Joohyun-unnie. Why don’t you tell me?”

 

“Okay.” She nods, as Seulgi has this way of making her feel comfortable. Joohyun feels as if she can tell the younger girl just about anything, and there would be no judgements. It’s the second hand squeeze that really makes her feel ready to talk.

 

“I am good at laundry, and ironing is one of my specialities.” She admits, and closes her eyes thinking Seulgi will laugh. When she doesn’t hear any laughter she looks.

 

“You’re not laughing?”

 

“No, I don’t know many people who like to do laundry or can iron really well. I think it’s a Joohyun-unnie talent.” The sincere way Seulgi says it makes Joohyun’s heart feel like it might explode. She squeezes her hand back.

 

“Okay, thank you, but I need you to do me one thing.”

 

“What’s that?”

 

“Call me, Joohyun. I’m not interested in being just an unnie to you.” The way she says it is not lost on Seulgi at all. The way her cheeks turn red, causes Joohyun to laugh in amusement. She will love getting to know Kang Seulgi better, that much is certain.

 

(End)


 

Seulgi may have thought back fondly to that time, but now she is questioning her decision to surprise her girlfriend with the trip to the Downy headquarters. The woman is running around like a kid in a candy store. She is so excited getting to see how the product is made, asking questions, and forget the part where she was able to test smell different scents. Seulgi stands back amused and scared all in one moment.

 

“Babe!” Joohyun shouts from upstairs. “They might offer me a job here. Do you think I’d make a good spokeswoman?”

 

Seulgi smiles at the earnest and excited look on the raven’s face. She has no doubts that Joohyun could be the spokeswoman for any item, and it would sell. She isn’t just some pretty face only, not when she is one of the most charming women Seulgi has ever met.

 

“I think you could sell anything, and everyone would run out and buy it. Whether they need it or not.”

 

The look on Joohyun’s face is one that is of someone completely touched. She mouths an “I love you” because the person who was giving her the tour says they have to show her something. It’s Seulgi’s cue to go make sure the other surprise is ready.  She goes to a room where one of the workers is waiting for her.

 

“Hello, Ms. Kang. The gift you requested is ready.” The worker smiles and hands her a purple colored gift bag that contains a gift she helped design for her girlfriend. She knows Joohyun will love it.

 

“Thank you, my girlfriend will love this.”

 

“I have never met a person more enthused about fabric softener. It was a joy to meet her.”

 

Seulgi thanks the worker again and goes to find Joohyun holding a bunch of free samples she was able to get. She still looks excited, and Seulgi can’t wait to show her the gift.

 

“Did you have fun, Hyunnie?” The monolid woman asks when they are leaving the factory.

 

“Yes, I still can’t believe you arranged this for me. You’re so sweet.”

 

“I try.” Seulgi gives a slight bow, and pulls her off to the side so she can hand over the gift. Joohyun looks curiously at the purple colored bag.

 

“Another gift that you weren’t supposed to give me?” The raven smiles knowingly. Seulgi is one of the kindest, sweetest people she has ever met. The fact that she is getting such meaningful, thoughtful gifts makes her feel so loved.

 

“You’ll want this one, but you need to close your eyes first and then reach into the bag.”

 

“Okay.” Joohyun agrees, and does what Seulgi asks of her.  The brunette brings the bag close enough so that Joohyun can reach in.

 

“A little more to the left.” Seulgi instructs with a soft smile, and watches as Joohyun curiously reaches into the bag with eyes closed. The raven’s hand lands onto what is definitely a bottle of fabric softener. She has held these bottles for so long she would know.

 

“Babe, is this…”

 

“Open your eyes, Hyunnie.”

 

When she does it’s to see a bottle of the lavender scented fabric softener. It’s not the typical bottle however. When Joohyun takes it out. She sees that it has her picture on it.

 

“Seul…” She softly speaks. Seulgi took a photo of her and used it for inspiration for a personalized bottle.

 

“Happy Birthday, Hyunnie.” The taller woman leans over to kiss her cheek. Joohyun beats her to it and pulls her into an immediate kiss. She doesn’t stop at one. She can never stop at one. There are multiple soft kisses exchanged between the couple.

 

“I’m just using the coupon.” Joohyun teases with one final kiss. Then the couple head back into Seulgi’s car. The brunette tells her they will go grab lunch. Joohyun agrees because she is starving at this point. The raven tells her they can just go to a tteokbokki stand. Seulgi responds that she will be happily surprised soon.

 

“Another surprise. You’re not in trouble, Seul are you?” She teases with a soft kiss to her free hand.

 

“Not today, I’m not. You just deserve everything in the world.” Seulgi responds, and Joohyun feels her face heat up. She could be an old woman, still with Seulgi and probably still blush easily whenever she says anything sweet to her. They come to a stop at a small restaurant. The kind that is for casual, but intimate dining where there isn’t a huge crowd, but you know the food will be delicious. Seulgi opens the passenger door for her, and takes one of her hands to help her out the car.

 

“So, you remember the place we had our very first date?” The slightly taller woman wonders, while they walk hand in hand to the restaurant.

 

“Yeah. I wish it didn’t close down.”

 

That restaurant held so many memories for them. It wasn’t only where they shared their first date. They returned for yearly anniversaries, and Seulgi had asked the owners to close the place down for them so she could propose to her. They were able to at least share one more meal there before the owners closed completely.

 

“I know, but I was able to find the owners family. They own this place, and we can eat here now. It’ll be almost like our first date again.”

 

Joohyun thinks she is so lucky to have an amazing partner in her life, like Seulgi. Someone who is so thoughtful and sweet. She thanks her with a soft kiss against her lips. They go instead and meet the children of the previous owners. There is also food that tastes just as it had years ago, everything feels exactly the same outside of the difference of location. This time, Joohyun insists on feeding her. Seulgi doesn’t try to talk her out of it. Joohyun is the birthday girl, and if she wants to feed her then so be it.

 

“This was a really nice surprise.” The shorter woman tells her afterwards, while Seulgi has paid the bill, and they are preparing to leave.

 

“I knew you’d probably like it, and I hope you’re enjoying your day so far.”

 

“I’am, baby. Everything so far has been great.”

 

On their way to the car, Joohyun has been looking through the coupon book. She grins when she spots one she must use right now. Seulgi doesn’t even flinch when she feels the all too familiar hand reaching to squeeze her . She’s only been feeling Joohyun grab her for years. She turns with a knowing smile.

 

“I see you found the coupon of touching my whenever you want.”

 

“Yes!” The raven nods, and happily squeezes again. The photo in the book was also cute. The bunny was happily squeezing the bear’s . Joohyun will definitely hold onto that coupon too. Not that she ever needed an excuse to grab her before, but the coupon is really appreciated. The monolid woman could never forget one of the first times, Joohyun showed her true erted nature.

 

(Flashback)

 

They were now dating each other exclusively. She and Joohyun decided three months ago that they would officially date and become each other’s girlfriends. Seulgi sometimes found she could hardly believe that Joohyun was hers. The girl was so perfect, kind, sweet, fun, caring, and such an ideal wife type of person. However, the more time the bear-like girl spends with her. She’s noticing certain things that aren’t right away obvious. For one, Bae Joohyun is not exactly some proper lady that everyone assumes. Sure, she is soft-spoken, polite, and charming in a lot of ways. She can come across as distant, but that’s more until she knows you and more of her true personality shows. Seulgi could have never imagined her girlfriend was a huge ert.

 

That is until she felt a hand reach over and playfully tap her . She would have jumped then if she hadn’t remembered the only person with her is Joohyun. Seulgi turns to see her grinning at her, erted gaze and all.

 

“Hyunnie, you’re a ert?” Seulgi questions in surprise. It’s not something she would have right away associated with the slightly older girl. Joohyun looks offended at that.

 

“I’m not.” She disagrees. To prove her point she gives Seulgi’s another playful squeeze. It makes Seulgi, push her hand away softly.

 

“You’re not? You seem like one to me. I can’t believe I don’t know this about you, Hyun.”

 

“I’m not. I just really like butts, and it’s not like I’m going around squeezing other people’s. Just yours, baby.” She whispers hotly in one of Seulgi’s ears, and it makes the younger girl blush. Joohyun is usually very affectionate. So her using pet names with her, doesn’t necessarily surprise her. Still it’s nice to hear someone call her baby. No not someone, but her girlfriend. Joohyun notices that she is zoned out so she sneaks in a kiss against her lips. It does the trick and snaps Seulgi back to the real world.

 

“Bae Joohyun is a huge ert. I can’t believe this, aww y Hyunnie.” The monolid girl pokes her cheek and laughs.

 

“Well in that case. I am your ert.” Joohyun teases, and maneuvers herself over her slightly taller girlfriend’s body. Then she leans down to kiss her lips.

 

“Uh…”

 

“Is that a problem, Seul?”

 

“Oh, no. Not a problem.”

 

(End)


 

At the moment, Seulgi is seriously questioning her idiotic decision to put that coupon in the book. Everywhere they go Joohyun has her hands on her . They went to a bookstore so Seulgi could pick up a few books she preordered for her. Joohyun’s hands were glued to her the entire time. It’s a good thing the brunette asked their friends to pick up her birthday cake, and decorate the house as she asked for later. She also planned for a chef to cook dinner for them later on when they get home. The evening will hopefully go as well as their day has so far.

 

“Hyunnie, are you not tired of grabbing my yet?”
 

The raven glares at her with a look that makes her shut up. There is no such thing as being tired of touching her, not for Joohyun.

 

“I suppose I’ll give you a break, but I’m still holding on to the coupon.” Joohyun grins and kisses her.

 

“I know. I knew you’d take full advantage of that one. So, birthday girl. Is there anything you want to do that’s not apart of the coupon book.”

 

Everything so far has been wonderful. She is getting exactly what she wanted, and that’s being together with the person she loves. The shorter woman gives her hand a squeeze.

 

“I think today has been perfect so far, baby. That’s because I’m here with you and that’s what I love most.”
 

“I love being with you most of all too. Are you sure there isn’t anything at all?”

 

The raven thinks, and then the idea comes to mind. She grabs one of her girlfriend’s hands and starts leading them off. Seulgi wanted to ask where they were going. Instead she just follows her shorter girlfriend as she leads the way. Her questions are answered when they arrive at a familiar cafe. They came here a lot in the early days of their relationship. They’d always have something sweet to drink and a pastry. The visits lessened over time, because they would often become busy. Still, it is another special place for them.

 

“Here for that carrot cake muffin you love so much?” Seulgi wonders as she opens the door for her.

 

“That, and we should also have hot chocolate here. You know, like how we used to always order.”

 

“I remember. Hyunnie, why don’t you grab a table. I’ll order, alright?”

 

“Alright, but let me know if you need help.” She kisses her cheek then goes to grab them a table by the window. Being here always brings back the best memories. They would share pastries, order drinks, and talk sometimes until closing hours. There were times Joohyun would find herself pushing brown locks out of her girlfriend’s face while she fell asleep on top of her books from school. The couple have come here so often. Without a doubt they have probably tried every item on the menu at least once. Joohyun thinks this is one of the best birthday’s she has ever had, and is looking forward to just going home to a quiet evening after.


 

Seulgi returns with matching hot chocolates, one chocolate pastry for her, and the carrot cake muffin Joohyun wants.

 

“This was a nice idea.” Seulgi thanks her with a squeeze of her hand.

 

“I know. We don’t think to come here often anymore, but we had a lot of good dates here.”

 

“The best.”

 

The couple don’t stay long. Just enough to enjoy the quiet atmosphere, drinks, and one another. Joohyun flips through the book to pull out one more coupon. She will use this one when they return home. The drive home has her feeling like Seulgi has more up her sleeve. When she tried to ask. Her girlfriend played it off like she had nothing extra. The raven knows her well enough to anticipate more. She is right because outside of their house, Seulgi shows her a blindfold.

 

“What are you about to do?”

 

“I need to put this on you, Hyunnie. It’s a surprise.”

 

She is smiling at her hopefully, and it makes the shorter woman agree. She allows Seulgi to gently cover her eyes with the blindfold. Then takes her arm to lead the way inside. The monolid woman is relieved to see how the place is decorated just as she asked. She can only trust her friend Seungwan to help. She didn’t necessarily trust her younger friends Joy and Yeri, but they all did a good job. The dining table is set nicely. The purple balloons and decorations she asked for look great. The cake box is hidden in the kitchen where Joohyun can’t see it. Seulgi will thank her friends the first chance she gets.

 

“Um, Seul. Can you please take this blindfold off?” Her girlfriend asks from besides her, tugging on her sleeve.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry. Let me take this off.”

 

When Joohyun is able to see it’s to find the house nicely decorated with purple birthday balloons. The table has nice tablecloths, candles waiting to be lit, and fancy plates.

 

“Seul, you are the sweetest.” She leans up to fully kiss her lips. Seulgi doesn’t hesitate to return the kiss with the same amount of enthusiasm. She would much rather make out with her girlfriend now, but the chef is coming soon.

 

“Hyunnie, so I hired a chef to make dinner for us. They’ll be here soon.”

 

“Babe, you’ve been going above and beyond for me today. I love you.”

 

“I love you too, and you’re worth all of this and more.”

 

Joohyun changes out of her dress into something a bit more comfortable, a shirt and some jeans. She is also holding onto the coupon she took out of the book, and will try to use it after they have dinner. The chef ends up being someone from a high end restaurant. Joohyun knows Seulgi must have had to save up a lot of money for everything that went on today. That means she has probably been planning this particular birthday for some time. Just when Joohyun thinks she is already so in love with Kang Seulgi, and that she couldn’t possibly love her more. The monolid woman keeps showing that she can still fall head over heels, and even deeper.

 

The food is delicious, as expected. It was prepared right in front of them by the chef, and there was even enough for leftovers. Joohyun appreciated the chef and his efforts, but she also wanted to be alone with Seulgi so badly. She even playfully rubbed her foot against her taller girlfriend’s leg. She had to hide her laughter at Seulgi’s face. The bear-like woman was trying her best to not overly react to her teasing. It’s a good thing while the chef was here he didn’t notice much, or he was being polite. Seulgi soon sees the chef to the door, and Joohyun is excited to finally use the coupon. She takes one more look at it and grins. This is going to be another personal favorite. The raven isn’t surprised that so much detail went into each page. There was also so many options. The raven is positive she will use any remaining ones for her next birthday.

 

When Seulgi comes back to the where Joohyun is sitting. She wraps her arms around her shoulders.

 

“I know you’re excited to use that coupon.”

 

“I’m very excited. Can I use it now, or is there another surprise in store?”

 

“Not a surprise, but something necessary. I’ll be right back.” She sneaks one more kiss before heading into the kitchen. Joohyun uses the time to respond to some birthday messages. She had a few that happened through the day, and she wanted to be as alone with Seulgi as possible. The brunette carefully takes out the cake from the box. Pleased to see it looks perfect and not destroyed in anyway. She can never be too sure with Joy or Yeri. They might have thought it be fun to mess with it, but they also know it’s Joohyun’s birthday. They are a bit too afraid of the raven to mess with her today of all days. She sees that Joohyun is on her phone, most likely replying to messages. Seulgi uses the time to light the candles and starts singing the birthday song.

 

Immediately when she hears Seulgi’s voice. She puts her phone down and turns to see her girlfriend coming over to her, cake in hand and smiling. Joohyun isn’t even surprised there’s a cake. Seulgi has already made sure that today was one of the most special days possible.

 

“Babe…” She whispers softly, as the brunette finishes singing.

 

“We couldn’t not have cake for the birthday girl today.” She grins, and kisses the top of her forehead. She places the cake down in front of the her.

 

“Ready to make a wish, Hyunnie.”

 

She nods, and focuses on the cake in front of her. She has all that someone could possibly need in life, and the love of her life to share it all with. Joohyun doesn’t need or want anything else. She does think of something that she wants, and proceeds to blow out the candles.

 

“Happy Birthday, baby.” Seulgi tells her the second Joohyun turns around. The raven cups her face in her hands. Then kisses her much deeper than she had a little while ago. She just wants Seulgi to understand how much she loves her. They never really needed to have a lot of words. A look, or touch could always say things words didn’t need or have to. The second she feels her soft, pink lips touch hers. Joohyun knows that Seulgi is hearing everything she is expressing to her through the intimate act.

 

“You’ve made this the best day, Seul.”

 

“I try. Let’s cut the cake, okay.”

 

Seulgi takes to cutting two nice slices. She gives Joohyun her’s first and then closes the box back. This time around they end up feeding one another a bite at a time. The raven purposely keeps getting icing on her face, but only so she can it off. The couple soon ends up with the shorter woman in her lap, and making out heavily in between. Slices of cake left forgotten on their plates. Joohyun ends the kiss and carefully touches her face.

 

“The cake was good. It tasted even better on you.”

 

The brunette laughs in amusement. That sounds like her girlfriend alright, and Seulgi is sure that the left over icing on the cake might be used later.

 

“y Hyunnie.” She teases the nickname she hasn’t used in years. “Well, are you ready to use that coupon. You’ve been holding onto it for a while.”

 

“Yeah, I really want to use this one.” Joohyun shows her the exact one she wanted to use. Seulgi gives her a knowing look. It doesn’t surprise her in the least that she picks that one.

 

“Okay, let me go get ready.”

 

“Yes, and you know what I want to see.”

 

“I do, be right back, Hyunnie.”

 

Joohyun waits in anticipation for Seulgi to return. She looks at the coupon once more and can’t contain her excitement. She is more than ready to be able to use this one. The brunette comes back soon in nothing but dark sweatpants, and a sports bra. It’s exactly what she wanted to see. Seulgi’s amazing body is on full display. Now she is able to touch and feel those abs as much as she wants. The coupon has a picture of the bunny caressing the bear’s abs. She doesn’t even wait for Seulgi to get to her. She walks over to her and immediately places her hands to her sculpted abs.

 

“Happy now?” Seulgi teases, running her fingers through her raven locks. The only response is Joohyun caressing her abs like they are the most precious thing in the world. Seulgi has her answer. She is thrilled and happy. She is so happy that she doesn’t stop touching Seulgi. Her hands are glued to her abs everywhere she goes. From the washing of the dishes, and to the leftovers as well as cake being put away. The raven stands behind her head on her shoulders, simply caressing her abs.

 

“You have the most amazing body ever.” Joohyun whispers huskily in her ear. It makes the taller woman’s face and neck heat up. Seulgi turns to kiss her then. Those fingers feel too good with her soft motions along her skin.

 

“You should know. You’re always checking me out.”

 

“You’re my girlfriend, why wouldn’t I  check you out?” She then grabs her once again. She didn’t forget that she was also holding onto that coupon too. Seulgi has the feeling that there will be a lot of groping and squeezing through the rest of her birthday.

 

“Hyunnie, are you ready for bed. It’s been an eventful day?”

 

“Yes.” She is feeling rather tired, and the best way to end  the night is to cuddle up with the woman she loves. “Shower?”

 

“Yeah, let’s shower. Try not to grab me too much.”

 

“Uh, yeah right. Have you met me?” Naturally she playfully smacks her on the way to the shower. Their shower is not strictly about washing up. Joohyun takes full advantage of all the coupons. She kisses her taller girlfriend almost non stop, pressing herself into the brunette against the shower wall. Her hands she used to wash her stomach, yet used the fact she was washing her as an excuse to further caress the glorious abs she loves so.

 

“We will never get out the shower at this rate.” Seulgi teases with arms around her waist.

 

“Mmm, just kiss me some more. We’ll get out of the shower soon, but not before this.” She grabs her again, but much softer. Seulgi rolls her eyes playfully. It was not the best idea to draw up a coupon that said she could grab her . Joohyun never really needed permission before. Now that she has the coupon. Seulgi knows she will continue to take full advantage of them now, whether it’s her birthday or not. Once they finish showering, and changing into pajamas for the night. Joohyun in a purple striped pajama set with matching slippers, and Seulgi wearing a similar orange striped one with her own slippers. They look like any couple about to go to bed.

 

Seulgi tells Joohyun to go to bed first, and she’ll be there soon. There was some last minute cleanup she needed to take care of. Joohyun is indeed the more tidier of the two. At the moment she just wants to be in bed with her girl.

 

“Baby….” She whines and hugs her. “You want to go to bed alone? Do you even love me?”

 

Seulgi laughs. There she goes with that attention-starved wife routine. She does this often. No matter how long they have been together. Joohyun is always hungry for her attention most of all.

 

“I’ll be right there. I promise.”

 

“Alright, but hurry.” She leans up to another kiss from the taller woman. Seulgi waits until Joohyun is completely gone from sight, before heading into her art studio. There is no last minute cleanup. She just needed the time to retrieve one more gift. The brunette checks the bottom draw of her desk. It’s still there inside the black bag she bought it in. She hides the bag behind her back and heads to the bedroom. Joohyun is sitting up waiting for her.

 

“Hey, do you still have the coupon book?”

 

“I do.” Joohyun gestures to the purple booklet on the nightstand. “I’ll be able to use some next year even. You put so many options in here.”

 

“Anything for you, Hyunnie. Now, can you do me one more favor. I want you to turn to the last page.”

 

“Okay.”  She does this as Seulgi asks. There is a cute drawing of a bear presenting the bunny with what is an ring box. Joohyun’s eyes widen in recognition. It’s clear what’s about to happen. A part of her still doesn’t want to get her hopes up. However, Seulgi takes one of her hands and kisses her hand.

 

“And so the bear asks the bunny to spend the rest of their lives together.” Seulgi reads what the coupon says.

 

“Yeah.” The raven whispers. “I’m assuming they live happily ever after, then?”

 

“I think they will. Only one way to find out for sure.” Seulgi takes out the ring box and presents Joohyun with it. She takes a deep breath and shows her the gorgeous, princess cut ring. There are definitely tears threatening to come down her eyes. Joohyun could care less. Her girlfriend is about to propose to her. It really is the best birthday ever.

 

“Seul, are you really about to ask me to marry you?”

 

“I am. I wanted to ask you last year, but I had to wait a bit to save up enough money. I can’t imagine not being together with you for the rest of our lives, Bae Joohyun. You’re the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I love you with all my heart.”

 

“I love you too, Kang Seulgi. Please ask me so I can answer.”

 

The monolid woman nods with a tender smile. “Bae Joohyun, would you please do me the honor of becoming my wife? Spend the rest of your life with me, by my side, and letting me make you happy, always.”

 

Joohyun has tears pouring down her eyes at this point. It doesn’t matter as she manages to say an excited yes. Seulgi is able to slip the ring on her finger, just before the raven throws her arms around her shoulders.

 

“Yes, of course yes. I will marry you. I love you so much, baby.” She kisses the side of her face. They are going to be married. It really is like the best present of all, on top of all the other incredible surprises she could have gotten. Joohyun wanted only a nice, quiet dinner alone with Seulgi. She ended up with much more than that, and now a ring, and a promise of their future. She knows as long as she has Seulgi everything will be fine.

 

“Did I do good?” Her monolid love questions, with eyes forming crescents when she smiles.

 

“Did you go good?” Joohyun repeats with a laugh. “Honey, you did amazing. I couldn’t have asked for a better birthday, or a better wife to be. Thank you.”

 

“Are you kidding? This is all I wanted to do for my Queen on her birthday. I’m so glad you had a good day, Hyunnie. You’ll be my wife too, and I can’t wait.”

 

“I am going to be your wife.” She promises with a kiss against her lips. “Best, birthday ever.”


 

A/N: Well, I think I outdid myself personally. This is probably even better than the one I did for Seulgi, which blows my mind. That means next years bday fics for Seulrene must be even better than these. We’ll see. I hope that you all enjoyed what you read here. Happy bday to Joohyun, I hope at some point she can celebrate with the people who love and care about her. Thanks for reading ^^