1/1

A Friend Date with Daehyun

"Hey :)"


"I'll be there in 5, you ready?"


Two new text messages appeared on your phone, almost simultaneously. As soon as you and Youngjae started dating, all of B.A.P started to treat you as family and loved you like a little sister.


Especially Daehyun.


When Daehyun realized how similar you are, he was always ready to take you out and do fun little activities if Youngjae was busy. Today, Daehyun's friend opened up a boba shop not too far away, and mentioned how good it was, so he wanted to take you since his friend had promised free drinks if Daehyun came.


You told him you would be ready when he pulled up.


After a few minutes, he texted you to let you know he was outside. You ran out the door and jumped in the passenger's side. You greeted Daehyun and noticed Kanji jumping around in the back seat, his tail wagging excitedly. You reached behind you and gave him a few head scratches until he decided to lay down, and it hurt your arm to try and pet him any more.


The two of you were talking and laughing the whole way to the boba place. Daehyun introduced you to his friend, who asked what you wanted to drink.


"Blackberry peach black tea, very sweet with honey boba for me, and she'll have rose milk tea with popping boba." Daehyun replied. His friend got to work making the drinks as you and Daehyun found a seat on the patio outside, since it was such a nice day. It really felt more a nice coffee shop than a boba shop. Kanji was happy to be out of the car and enjoyed laying in the sun.


Daehyun's friend returned with the two drinks in his hands, and promised to return later when things weren't quite so busy.


You and Daehyun returned to chatting. The topics seemed to bounce around, from music and musicals to your school work to dogs. Soon enough the boba shop owner sat down with you, saving a treat for Kanji in his pocket. Kanji could tell as soon as he approached and jumped up on his back legs, begging for his treat. Daehyun's friend laughed and handed Kanji the treat, which he happily ate.


It felt nice hanging out with Daehyun, like you two were old friends catching up. It felt nice being accepted immediately by B.A.P, realizing how well you and Youngjae matched each other. And it made them happy to see Youngjae so happy with you, they could tell by the way you two interacted from the start, that both of you would be a good match.


Your phone vibrated, and sure enough, it was your boyfriend asking when he would be home. You nudged Daehyun and asked him.


"We'll be leaving soon. I know Youngjae has a surprise for you." Daehyun's lips curled into a smile, which made you more confused. Today wasn't any special day, what did he have planned?


After a few moments, when his friend had to get back to work, Daehyun suggested to go home. You were excited to finally reach home and figure out what the surprise would be.


The drive home was filled with you asking questions, trying to figure out what could be happening, but Daehyun kept his lips shut, something that must've been hard for him to do.


When you got home, you found Youngjae sitting near the door, waving a cartridge in between his fingers. "Look what I got." Youngjae said confidently. You held it still so you could get a good look at it.


It was the Super Smash Brothers game for the Nintendo Switch!


"Wanna play? Winner gets to decide dinner?" Youngjae said with a cocky grin. You could tell by the plastic seal he hadn't gotten a head start on the game, and had waited until you got home to play it.


"Sounds like a deal." You replied, quickly grabbing a controller and Youngjae opened up the game.


Though it was only about 12:45 in the afternoon, you knew by the time you were finished it would be time to make dinner.