they're really saying, i love you

what a wonderful world
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

        ever felt so much love for someone it feels like your heart is going to burst? that every time you see them, your heart will rip at the seams and everything you feel will come spiling out? that's what park chanyeol feels for byun baekhyun.

        of course, they've never talked. they've been going to the same schools since kindergarten, and they've never had a conversation. maybe a talk once or twice, but only because the teacher set them as partners. but that's as far as it has gone. and now, in their senior year, chanyeol thinks that that is as far as it will ever go. because this is the last year of their lives being twisted together and after this, it's to seperate colleges, seperate careers, seperate lives. they will no longer be even mildly connected to each other after this year. it hurts chanyeol to think about it, but what else is there to think about it? chanyeol's only ever been a dreamer about music, never about people.

        but chanyeol could argue that baekhyun is music. 

        that the way he walks through the halls has its own distinct rhythm. that his laughter has its own melody and his voice is the flawless accompaniment. that his hips sway to their own tempo and his footsteps and shouts make their own symphony. that the way baekhyun whispers and taps his feet in history is a concerto, a piece that would make beethoven shiver.

        because to chanyeol, baekhyun is music. all he cherishes and more.

        and hearing him sing in the music classroom that chanyeol always happens to walk past during lunch just makes the attraction that much stronger. his friends call him deluded and laugh as he steals gazes at baekhyun during lunch, but he can see the pity in their eyes when he focuses back on them again. and he knows, he knows that it's stupid to feel so much for someone that you barely talk to, that would probably pick you last if they had a choice, but then he looks at the curve of baekhyun's lips when he smiles and the way his eyelashes brush the top of his cheeks whenever he closes his eyes in concentration and he thinks, 

        "how could i not feel something for him?"

        chanyeol thinks that and he knows it's stupid but sometimes he'll talk to kris in history and look over at baekhyun and see baekhyun looking away. or maybe when he presents and catches baekhyun's own steady gaze and sees the pink light up his cheeks.

        or maybe that's just his imagination.

        one day though, things seem to change. the universe seems to shift ever so slightly and chanyeol's own little world cracks just a little more. 

         baekhyun gets a boyfriend.

        his name is zhang yixing and he's an exchange student from china. he has dimples so deep you could drown in them and a smile so charming that even sehun, the stone cold bastard, blushes every time he sees it. his body is lean and according to sehun and jongin, he's an amazing dancer. so amazing he caught the school's eye during a competition, so amazing he got to switch high schools just for dancing. so amazing he caught baekhyun's eye (and his heart too, but chanyeol's too scared and too fragile to think about that.) and all of a sudden, every time chanyeol looks over at baekhyun, there's yixing standing with him, laughing with him, making him blush. all the things chanyeol wishes he could do but he can't.

        kris notices, the caring idiot, and tries to help. he gets people from their classes and other classes, other schools even, to try and go out with chanyeol. brings a good looking guy to their coffee meetings and then runs, le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter