♡ [1/1] ♡

Distraction
Please log in to read the full chapter

Gahyeon checked her surroundings before running up the nearest ramp and crouching low underneath the castle's window to avoid anyone's line of sight. She let out a heavy sigh and attempted to adjust the uncomfortable vest strapped over her chest. Every time she would run, the vest would heavily smack against her shoulders. Every time she would make an attempt to actually hide somewhere seemingly normal in the arena, the vest would get in the way, the laser target points smacking against the walls preventing her from squeezing into the hiding spot. It was annoying. Who even came up with the idea of laser tag for their free day anyway?

All she could remember was their leader barging into her room a few hours ago, happily explaining how the company allowed them to go on a group outing as their free day. She reluctantly crawled out of her warm bed, changed out of her pajamas and followed the other members to their van outside. Only then did someone fully explain where they were going. Apparently they were heading to the new laser tag arena that recently opened up, but before that, they were going to pick up Dami's friend who would be joining them to make the teams more even.

They spent most of the car ride bickering about how exactly the teams are going to be formed, who goes to which team and teasing the shorter members about how Sua might get lost playing due to her short height and how the vest would be too big on her or how Gahyeon would let the opposite team win due to her being an 'actual cinnamon roll' as Jiu called her and due to her... uncompetitive nature. She rolled her eyes at both comments. Sure she may not be as competitive as Yoohyeon or Siyeon who would do almost anything to win a game, but she could be competitive when she wanted to be.

Once they got to the arena and Jiu paid for them all to play a few rounds of laser tag, they went to grab their gear for the first starting game. While they were all putting on their gear, the host explained how the games are each twenty minutes long and there will be a few more people joining the game, though they would be formed as a separate team. Dami helped Gahyeon put on her red colored vest, strapping her in and making sure it wouldn't fall off (or worse - smack her in the face) while she was running around. With a pat to the younger girl's head and a small smile, Dami walked away to be with the team formed of her, Siyeon, Jiu, and her friend Jihye she met on MixNine.

Sua, Yoohyeon, Handong and Gahyeon formed the second team with Yoohyeon as the captain giving them direction of where to go to avoid line of sight and where the best hiding spots were with Sua cutting in after every sentence to complain about how it's unfair she has to shoot her own girlfriend. The other three ignored her comments, Yoohyeon continuing on her little rant right up until the music began playing, signalling the start of the first game. Soon the area was covered in bright neon lights and four different team colors all running to find their hiding spots. Yoohyeon ran off through the tunnel with Handong right behind her, while Sua ran through the bottom gate of the small lodge.

That is how Gahyeon found herself currently crouched underneath one of the castle's windows trying to avoid being seen. Shouts and sounds of laughter echoed throughout the place. Shots through the electronic sound of laser guns firing in every possible direction. It was an actual war zone and she felt like she was going to be stuck in the crossfire. Did she regret coming? Of course not. Was she having fun? Of course. She just wondered why they chose to come here of all places to choose from.

"Lee Gahyeon! Why do you still have zero kills?!" Yoohyeon shouted from below as she ran after Siyeon who was diving behind random objects. She looked down at the laser gun in her hand, taking notice of how many points as well as kills her team had. Yoohyeon and Jiu both had four kills, eight hundred individual points each and got the team up to eight team points. Handong surprisingly had two kills, four hundred individual points and gave the team an extra two points, which now brought them up to ten. Gahyeon... had none.

"Should I just start shooting every person who has a different colored vest then?!" Gahyeon shouted back, poking her head through the window to catch a glimpse of what was happening below her. It was a mess to say the least. Siyeon was rolling around on the floor acting like an agent, Sua was chasing Jiu through the weird neon green obstacle course, nearly tripping over her own two feet, Dami was running through the tunnel with Handong close behind her, Yoohyeon ran after one of the members on the purple team, suddenly fed up with the older girl's silly antics. However, Jihye was nowhere to be seen. She was on the blue team along with the others, yet she hasn't seen her since the game started. Strange.

That was when someone with long hair suddenly ran past where she was hiding, their feet hitting hard against the set. The person slowly made their way down the ramp and made a right turn, disappearing into the darkness and hopefully far away from the girl frozen inside the castle. She slowly peeked around the corners to make sure there were no others following behind the person before looking out the window, the others were still having a battle below her so she assumed it was safe to move hiding spots. She held her vest and began crawling over to the left exit, nearly crashing into someone who had come up from the ladder. Following her line of sight, she realized who it was. Jihye.

"Why are you crawling around in the castle, kiddo?" Jihye asked, clearly amused by the whole situation.

Gahyeon stood up and dusted her pants off. If she was going to get shot inside of the castle of all places, she wanted to have at least some dignity left. "I was hiding, fairly well might I add, but then someone ran by me and I didn't see what color vest they had on and I didn't really want to get shot or else Yoohyeon unnie would get mad for me giving the other team free points and, well, yeah." She rambled on, waving her hands in the air as she spoke, almsost smacking herself in the face with the laser gun.

Jihye chuckled at the younger girl's cute actions. "You do know it's kind of hard to hide in a blacklit dark place wearing a yellow sweater, right? You're practically glowing." She pointed at Gahyeon's glowing yellow chick sweater with a smirk. The younger girl looked down and groaned. She really should have taken Sua's suggestion of wearing dark clothing more seriously.

"Alright, if you're going to shoot me, just shoot me already so I can find another hiding spot." Gahyeon crossed her arms over her chest, her bottom lip jutting out to form a a small pout. The older girl mirrored her actions and leaned against the wooden post inside of the castle without taking her eyes off the girl standing in front of her.

"See, I would shoot you, but Yoobin told me not to."

"Dami unnie told you not to shoot me?"

"Yeah. When the game first started and we were hiding in our base, she told me not to shoot you if I found you and to

Please log in to read the full chapter