Final

Perfect Love

"Stupid February. Stupid Valentine's Day!" muttered Jongin as he kicked nonexistent pebbles along the pavement.

Jongin thought today was his worst day ever. Not only his boyfriend, now ex-boyfriend, Kyungsoo broke up with him few minutes ago, he just gotten a message from his friend Sehun that he got involved in a mini car accident that got his car - something he saved for years - received tons of scratches and busted one of his headlights. Good thing Sehun was safe, but he won't be safe on paying for all the expenses needed for the repair.

And back to his stupid cheater of an ex-boyfriend. Heavens, how could Jongin be so oblivious. Kyungsoo was cheating right under his nose with his very best friend since childhood, Chanyeol. The latter even had the nerve to initiate the break-up after Jongin confronted him.

What hurted him the most was the fact that Chanyeol chose his ex over their friendship of fifteen years. Chanyeol should have just asked. He should've just asked to let go of Kyungsoo and he would willingly let him go. In the first place, he knew Kyungsoo never liked him in a romantic way and only pursued him because Jongin was surrounded with famous people in their university: Baekhyun (social butterfly that knows everyone), Junmyeon (for appearing in famous dramas as a supporting actor), Chanyeol (bowling extraordinaire and Chairman's son), Sehun (model), and Jongdae (choir president). And Kyungsoo desired for prestige, too. He only agreed to date him to stop his friends from cajoling him nonstop to date the big-eyed male.

Jongin assumed that Kyungsoo wanted from the start was Chanyeol, his sweet and rich best friend and just used him - average joe Jongin - to penetrate their group and proceed with Kyungsoo's goal of being with Chanyeol.

To which he succeed, of course. He didn't know how he was able to charm his best friend but there were two things Jongin could affirm: one, Kyungsoo was a leech. Two, your best friend could betray you even if you've known each other from toddler days.

Aaaaaaand, there was only three days left before Valentine's Day. Even though Jongin was unaffected with the break-up, he still found himself sulking. He hated being dateless on a Valentine's Day.

Jongin was a romantic. A hopeless one at that. In fact, he was able to made a reservation to the most famous restaurant in town was crazy about, Kyungsoo bugged him several times to have a dinner date there. Jongin was kind and soft, even though he never like Kyungsoo, he wanted to make their Valentine's Day special. The tall male huffed, his ex made his Valentine's Day special in a different way, in an ugly way.

"Their restaurant was lousy anyway," Jongin was bitter, he admitted, "And this! Stupid flower shop, pretentious! Too many pink, too many red decorations to entice the young ones- Ooops." This time, there was an existent pebble he kicked, hitting the window of the said pretentious flower shop.

He stopped dead in his tracks, automatically stared at his sinful shoes. Jongin could run away, pretend nothing happened and continued to bitter with life. But Jongin was raised properly by his parents, if he committed something wrong, he should confess his deeds and apologize. He knew he made no damage to the window since he didn't here any sound of the glass crashing but it was still-

"Rude." Someone said in front of him and he was a thousand percent sure it was the owner of the store.

That made Jongin looked up. Of course! He had to be gorgeous. Hair as dark as the night sky and porcelain, almost god-of-beauty face. Royal blue apron wrapped around his petite waist with white long sleeve shirt paired with black slacks underneath. Long eyelashes nearly brushed the top of cheek bones as he blinked. Mouth so perfectly shaped and the tan male was starting to question the creator above about why everything about the man is front of him was flawless.

"Hey. Hey? Are you alright?"

Jongin came to reality with somewhat of a crash. His brain finally catching up to his ears, was the man asking him if he was okay or was he already asking to pay for the damages? No, no, no. He thought it was the first question. The gorgeous man looked kind to ask to pay for the damages immediately, he hoped. "Umm. Yeah? Okay."

Wow. Kim. Real smooth.

The said gorgeous male nodded slowly, as if hesitant to accept his answer. "Okay... Good to know you're fine. I want to request not to throw pebbles on my glass window again. You wouldn't want to pay for the damages, right?" The man with the porcelain skin inquired.

"Y-yeah," Jongin started while scratching the back of his head, "I'm so sorry. I sincerely apologize. It's an a-accident. I promise! Today was just a bad day for. My friend borrowed my car, got involved in a not-so-serious accident, resulting to busting one of my headlights. Did I mention there were lot of scratches on it? I loved that car so much! I saved all the money I got from my part time jobs, loaned half to my father. My car is red plus expensive and I love it so much! And some peasant with a name of Sehun recklessly damaged it! And then there's my boyfriend Kyungsoo! He's my ex now by the way! He ing cheated on me-"

"Whoa there," the owner raised both of hands as if to calm him down, also to shut him up, "That was too much information. How about we go inside? Maybe my flowers can relax you a little."

The beautiful owner made his way inside, Jongin following him. The chimes made lovely sounds as they entered. Jongin was welcomed with diverse display of flowers ranging from pristine white to dark purple. The tall male was in awe.

"You can look around. Go on." The owner charmingly smiled at him. Too flustered to say anything, Jongin nodded once.

He walked toward the display of tulips, it reminded him of his trip to Europe - a reward gift from his loving grandparents when he got perfect score on his entrance exam at Seoul University. It was nostalgic, the flowers brought him all the memories he had in the said continent, his right hand unconciously reached out to the red tulip and brought it closer to his nose.

"I see that you like tulips. They're my favorite, too."

Jongin jolted at the owner's voice, the latter didn't seem to mind the reaction and walked closer to the former, "Tulips reminded me of my stay to Europe because I always see these flowers whenever I stroll around. I guess you can say I like them." He shrugged.

The owner gave him another smile as an acknowledgment to his answer, "Tulips means 'perfect love'. I'm a hopeless romantic," he ing giggled, an offense! "That's why I love them." The smaller male bowed his head to smell the tulips while looking at him.

Jongin didn't register what happened after because next thing he knew, his was already on the floor, flower petals raining down on his as if he was in a cliché romantic animé.

He therefore conclude, today was his worst day. E-V-E-R.

'This is it', Jongin thought. Seoul University's star dancer was making a fool of himself in front of the beautiful owner of this flower shop his sorry currently sitting on. He just screwed his eyes shut, waiting for his imminent death. Jongin already accepted his fate, at least he would die at the hands- was that laughing? He opened his one eye to look. Holy God, the man was bent over laughing and yes, he really won't mind dying right now.

"Look at you! You look like a guilty puppy right now! So cute!" He continued laughing while the tan male was still lost for words, "Sorry! Let me help you up!" he hoisted Jongin up, "I'm sorry for surprising you. That was uncalled for. I should've asked before I invaded your personal space." Oh, so that was what happened, he could only shook his head at being disappointed at himself. Jongin wouldn't be surprise if the owner thought he was socially awkward. He could still feel his cheeks burning red. Jongin should've wish the floor ate him whole, he didn't know why he was so embarrassed with himself when he made much more embarrassing moments like dancing in the middle of the road at 2 o'clock in the morning, Baekhyun had a video as a proof. Maybe it was because he already have a puppy crush on the stunning owner. He nodded. He already have a crush on him and Kyungsoo could Chanyeol's willy for all he cared. Yeah, he could do this.

 "Hey, are you okay?"

"I'm Kim Jongin. You're so beautiful. Wanna date me?" 

"What?"

"I'm good-looking, too. I'm kind of uncool. But I swear if you go on a date with me I'll talk and walk like a human. I also promise I'm not socially awkward, in fact I have friends!" his voice urgent.

"Wha-"

"I'm a hopeless romantic, you're a hopeless romantic. I don't have a date this Valentine's Day and I'm so hoping you're single. God, I wish you are. I can take you to Minseok's restaurant and we could talk about our dreams and aspirations. I really swear I'm not weird, just uncool. Yeah... Uncool."

There was an uncomfortable silence suddenly. Jongin didn't know what to say next. There were so many things, actually. Like he could dance really well, he was part of the university's dance club where he was the captain, he had three cute dogs, he wanted to visit Japan and learn the language. So many things, but his brain ordered his mouth to shut up and wait for the reply of the owner of this lovely flower shop. Negative or not, he would accept his answer with respect. Who was he anyway? He kicked a pebble to his window, be socially awkward in front of him, destroyed some of his flowers, and now he was asking to date him? His Junmyeon-hyung would be proud. Rejected or not.

The owner finally ended the awkward silence with a light cough, and slowly but surely, a blush started to form on the man's cheeks, contrasting with his black hair. "W-well, my name's Zhang Yixing. And yes, I'd like to go on a date with you."

"I'm Jongin."

"You already introduced yourself." He giggled. An offense, really.

"I did? I'm sorry!" And with that, Jongin was graced again with the ethereal smile and Jongin nearly knocked over the display. Again.

Maybe Valentine's Day wasn't so bad after all.