Chapter 1

Assassins
Chapter 1
 
 
"What the !?" I yelled out in pain as I was dragged into a car. I had no idea what was going on and was too scared to even scream out for help properly. 

I couldn't see their faces, they had masks on and their hoods were up. It all seems like so much of a haze.. Like it wasn't quite real.. Almost as though I wasn't really there. I wish I wasn't. I wish it was someone else they'd decided to take. I didn't need this right now.

Thoughts shot through my head at a mile a minute, panic setting in slowly but not quite. Adrenaline was pulsing through my veins so quickly that my body couldn't quite process it. That's when I out.

 

*****

 

The next thing I know, I'm in some kind of warehouse. I sat up slowly, looking around to try and figure out what was going on. There was absolutely no sunlight - although at this point I don't even know what time of day it is, but the place was enveloped in an orange light, but the source of the light wasn't clear. The place was full of rusty sheets of metal. It felt as though the building hadn't been used in years. There was a very obvious smell of musk in the air and dust everywhere. I felt my nose begin to tickle and let out a small sneeze. I couldn't believe the amount of dirt and grime I was sat in. As I turned around, I saw a huge flight of metal stairs that led to what seemed to be a small walkway through a doorway that didn't look as though it actually had a door. I quickly patted the pockets of my jeans to see if I still had my phone on me - like I'd be so lucky. I took a deep breath in, trying to calm my nerves and stop my shaking hands from being too obvious.

Almost as soon as my shaking eased, I heard a huge clunk as a door - if you could even call it that, slid open to reveal a man standing in the doorway. I was taken aback by his beauty, and forgot for a split second that I had in fact been kidnapped by him. He had bleached blonde hair and leather pants that clung to his muscular thighs. His shirt was plain black and the short sleeves clung to his perfectly sculpted arms. It was obvious he worked out. I noticed that he had two bracelets on and pierced ears, along with a little bit of eyeliner on his waterline. He must have noticed that I was gawking, because he gave me a disgusted look before yelling at me.

"Get up! Why are you just sitting there? Don't you know what you have to do!?" He begun to drag me up off of the floor by one arm. His hand wrapped around my wrist nearly twice over - he could have snapped it in two easily if he wanted to. 

"Ow! Who are you? What do you want from me?" I winced in pain as he completely ignored my questions, pulling me up the stairs that were behind me. He opened a side door with his free hand and threw me inside, slamming the door behind me. 

This room was different - it was carpeted for a start. It smelt welcoming; a faint twinge of mandarins and cinnamon wafted up my nostrils and gave me a temporary feeling of comfort before the lights came on and I was faced with another man, almost as gorgeous as the first. 

He had hair that was a colour almost undescribable. It was the perfect mix of pink and purple and suited his slightly tanned skin perfectly. His leather jacket matched his patterned black shirt and ripped black jeans perfectly. He started to step towards me, his big, biker-style boots thudding against the floor. I snapped back to reality after taking him in, with questions beginning to flood my thoughts. 

Who where these people? Why are they so sketchy? Where is this place? More importantly, what do they want with me?

"You're a bit more stubborn than we first thought" he said with a chuckle as he continued to talk towards me, "I guess our research just wasn't thorough enough.. I suppose I'll just have to make the rest of that information up from here."

"Who are you?" I didn't want to say anything else until I knew who these creeps were.

"We? We are BTS." I snorted as the man with the purple hair responded with such confidence.

"What are you? A bunch of teenagers trying to act cool? News flash, I'm 22, not a teenager. I'm not even from Korea. Let me go. Now." I stood up, walked to the door and begun to try and pry it open. It wouldn't budge. 

"Ah, so you really haven't heard of us. We knew you isolated yourself, but this much? Really? Do I have to explain?" He sighed deeply, pushing his hair out of his face.

"Yes, explain."

"We are BTS. Everything that's happened from 24 hours prior to us meeting stays quiet. Everything that happens with us or anyone else involved in BTS is kept quiet. You are not to tell anyone about BTS, who we are, where we are based or what we do. If you fail to comply with these rules then we will kill you, simple. Sound okay to you? Good, now let me explain... We are assassins. Hitmen. Murderers. Call us what you wish. We get paid to kill people. We have billions upn billions of dollars in the bank - lets not even attempt to convert that to won; we're probably the richest men in Korea." His voice was so smug. I hated him already. His story sounded like a movie plot. I laughed again and shook my head at him. 

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Where's my phone? I have work today. Your silly little joke will get me fired." 

"Oh, this isn't a joke. From this day onwards you are one of us. You will undergo training, you will come on missions with each of us, and you will do everything we do. You are now an official member of BTS. Oh, and we have your fingerprint on a contract. If you fail to comply with anything I've said, we have permission, from you, to kill you."

"Haha, yeah, joke times over. I seriously can't afford to get fired right now, I don't need your ." I laughed nervously as I once again walked towards the door, unsure of what to make of the situation or what to do.

"Too late for that" He said. As I turnt back to look at him, he had a gun pointed at me. 

"W-woah.. What's this for?" I held my hands up and began to shake. I felt physically sick. 

"Well, you won't agree to join us, but I've told you so much about us! I can't let you go knowing all of that now, can I? I'm going to have to kill you. What a shame too, you're a beautiful woman, and you have amazing potential" He smirked as he walked over to me. He cupped my face in his hand and pressed the gun into my chest, tracing my chin with his thumb. 

"Fine. I'll do it. I'll join. Don't touch me though" I snapped, slapping his hand away from my face. He seemed to think it was acceptable for him to kidnap me and then touch me. Just how delusional was this guy? I knew I had to play him at his own game for this to work out safely in my favour. 

"Good girl, that's a smart choice. So, from what I understand you've done three years military training in London, your home town, is that correct? That will come in handy.. You know a lot about guns and how small, secret operations work then I assume."

"Right.." I mumbled. How did he know so much about me?

"Okay. Well, I guess the only training I can give you for now is to take you out on missions to see how things are done. But first we gotta introduce you to the boys. You're the only girl here, but you also have way more potential than anyone else in Korea at the moment. You're an astonishing woman, you know that?" He took my linked his arm with mine before slowly opening the door. 

"I told you not to touch me!" I hissed. 

"A woman is supposed to enjoy being touched - especially by one of the BTS boys." He chuckled to himself and carried on walking down the dark, narrow hallway, refusing to unlink his arm from mine.

We eventually we got to another large room. He kicked the door open and walked in. There were six boys all sitting on a sofa; the blonde guy from earlier was there too. 

"Alright boys, so she agreed to join. Not that she had much of a choice, but even so... Suga and I were the only ones with information on her, so I'll introduce her to you all. This is S. She is from London and did military training for three years - the hardest male only course they offered. She's known throughout the UK military scene for her skill and unusual talent. She seems to be the best in Korea. Anway, she'll be going on a mission a day with each of you, so treat her like one of us  and show her your true skill. You can introduce yourselves to her while you're on missions with her. The next two weeks will be rough with a mission a day for us so make sure you all prepare well for them. Jimin, you need to go and pick up some equipment tomorrow morning, so take S with you and show her the ropes." 

I'd be lying to myself if I said this whole thing didn't sound awesome. They spoke so highly of me too! And 'S'.. Why were they calling me S instead of Sharlotte? I had so many questions which I knew weren't going to be answered tonight. I decided to bow slightly, causing the boys to laugh, and stood in the corner of the lounge-style room watching over them joke amongst themselves for a few minutes.

"You. Don't you dare think of causing trouble here. We're family now. You don't betray family, do you? Forget everyone you once knew, we are the only people you know now. Trust us, and we'll begin to trust you. If you do anything risky, I won't hesitate to put a bullet between your eyes. Be careful." It was the blonde guy from before. I knew his name was Suga, as the purple haired man had pointed towards him earlier. He towered above me - although that wasn't hard, as I was only small myself. "Welcome to the family" He finished with a small smile. 

I didn't expect a smile from any of these guys. They seemed too deadly. Too vicious.. Too hate ridden. 

"Ah, thank you. You can trust me, honestly. I'll try my best.." I stuttered as I pushed aside thoughts of how to escape this hell hole I'd been forced into. Although Suga didn't seem as bad as that awful purple haired man, so I agreed to myself that I'd at least give him a chance. 

"Good. I guess you could call me the co-leader of the pack. I'm Suga." He held out his hand and I shook it wearily. 

"Sharlotte." I said, trying to stifle a small smile. 

"No, you're not Sharlotte anymore. You're S. If anyone knows your name, the world could use it against you. You should probably think about changing your look a little bit too.." And with that, he spun on his heel and wandered over to the rest of the guys, shouting loudly. 

Change myself? Why? Why was everything changing? What do they want from me? What have I done to be dragged here? How do they know so much?

 

*****

 

I awoke to a loud bang the next morning. I quickly sat up and to check my surroundings. As I looked to my left, there was a man with light pink hair laying asleep next to me. I screamed as loudly as I could, causing him to bolt out of bed. 

"The !?" He yelled, his bare chest exposed. He only had on a pair of baggy grey boxers. It took me a few moments to take in his beauty. Perfectly shaped eyebrows, eyes that were dark and warm, a petite face and a slight overbite. He was the most beautiful one of them all so far. His chest was covered in various tattoos - the one that stood out the most was the black 'B' over his heart. BTS... Was this some kind of cult!? I snapped out of the daydream to realise he was still stood staring at me, waiting for a response. 

"Why are you in my bed?"

"It's my bed, . You're sleeping here tonight because your first mission is with me. Everyone goes off at different times, some earlier than others, so it's easier if you just sleep with the person you're doing your next mission with to save yourself some hassle" He must've seen the shocked expression on my face with the last part of his sentence, because he suddenly went bright red and shook his head. "No, no, no! Nothing happened! You just passed out here and I did too. We didn't, well, you know!" He was panicking, his face getting more red and flustered by the second. 

"I.. It's fine. Sorry. I overreacted. The past few days have been a bit weird is all. First mission? Huh?" I pulled the duvet up to my chin and looked up at him. 

"We have some equipment that needs picking up. We have some big missions this week and need to prepare."

"Equipment?" 

"Guns, smoke grenades, that kind of thing."

"What in the name of all things Holy do you guys do!?" 

"Don't you remember your conversation with RM yesterday?" RM must've been the red haired guy, as he's the only one I had a proper conversation with. My mind went completely blank as I realised just what RM had told me, and just what I was about to be involved in.

"Yes.. You're assassins.. You kill people for money..."

 
Author's Notes
Thanks for reading! Let me know what you all think. I'm going to aim to get a new chapter up either daily or every two days!
0Y0Lz4y.gif