1 : Secret Garden

I Dream
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Dream 1 || Secret Garden

1.3k

 

 

It was a sea of color. Rainbows upon rainbows across the vast land before him; from dark hues of the primary spectrum rustling the trees’ leaves to the soft pastels of the flower covered ground. Baekhyun was in pure utter awe.

 

 

When he opened that door he found hidden beneath a thick layer of vines in an abandoned mansion’s maze garden, Baekhyun wasn’t sure what to expect, but it was certainly not something like this. It was a completely other world hiding behind those tall walls draped in curtains of vines, beyond the eerie land of the mansion that was practically abandoned by time, a complete opposite of the leafless trees and dying shrubs that surrounded the ghostly property. Here, it was full of life. Soulless, but completely alive.

 

His feet took him here. Why? He isn’t sure. Something just told him that on this particular day – he must leave his quaint house in a small town and travel miles far to this abandoned mansion, a route he for some reason knows by heart.

 

 

“Wow.” Baekhyun gasps; his jaw hung low and eyes owl big. He turns to the lone tree beside him, standing atop the hill he stands, and draws another sharp breath seeing the colorful leaves up-close, raining down for every gentle wind that breezes through. A swing sways in silence, eerie yet captivating; scenery too picturesque for Baekhyun to feel even a hint of fear.

 

Standing under the shade of the raining tree was even more breathtaking, for the leaves fall all around and atop him. Baekhyun spins in glee with his arms spread wide, creating a mini tornado like some imagined fantasy – leaves of greens and violets, burgundies and sapphire blues. They were just leaves, but so odd it was beautiful.

 

Baekhyun lost it in his mind to question if everything was a dream or not; if he’s still even standing on the same earth he was born in. Maybe later, he says to himself as he runs down the hill completely mesmerized towards the field of blooms.

 

More joyous giggles escape the smile on his lips as he steps through the pastel painted field and falls to the ground, caught and cushioned by the pillowy softness of the flowers. They were never-ending; stretching towards the horizon it was practically an ocean of pastel, merely surrounded at the far sides by more colorful trees. They were as simple as Forget Me Nots, the size of Cherry Blossoms, but grew short almost kissing the soil beneath. They did not break under the presence of his body; shrinking on his weight yet stretches back as he leaves. Their scent was pleasant; not too strong but not too faint. It was as if someone took one last tiny spritz of a just empty perfume bottle, allowing it to linger in the air and tickle his nose - something smelling so oddly familiar.

 

He stares at the sky above of bright cerulean, with dashes of white spread across like sprinkles. There was no sun but the land was bright.

 

One fully bloomed flower Baekhyun picks. He holds it gentle in the tip of his forefinger and thumb, admiring the delicate creation of purple petals. Somehow, for some reason, he felt a pang in his chest. A surge of nostalgia washes over him as if his mind just remember something he forgotten. It was no more but a memory of feelings – pain, loneliness… happiness, love.

 

Baekhyun drops the flower and clutches his chest tight; his groans staining the serenity he lies in.

 

 

He doesn’t know how long it lasted, but by the time the pain eases away, from the ever soothing scent of the flowers, Baekhyun wasn’t aware that he was falling right into a peaceful s

Please log in to read the full chapter