7 year old scammer

Birthday Scammer

A/N: This is the second of my belated Yeri bday fics. This time we have child Yeri trying to scam her parents Seulrene, out of gifts. Because let’s face it Yeri is a huge schemer and we all know this. Please enjoy

 

Little, Kang Yeri had turned 7 years old a week ago. She had a huge birthday party her idol parents, Seulgi and Joohyun threw for her. She invited all her friends, and spent time with all her parent’s famous friends. She ended up with so many gifts. She didn’t know what to do with them all. She ate so much food, and cake that it was worth getting sick. Yeri felt like the luckiest kid in the world having such famous, and nice parents. They love her, and she loves them both so much. However, little Yeri has been thinking lately. Sure, her birthday was now a week ago, but there could be nothing wrong with convincing her mom’s that her birthday is this week.

 

Her parents are both famous idols and actresses. Both, Kang Seulgi, and Kang Joohyun are popular and in demand. Sometimes they are both busy, and she spends a lot of her time with her, Aunt’s Sooyoung and Seungwan. It wouldn’t be hard to convince her parents that her birthday is this week instead. They are usually both so tired from their individual schedules. Yeri has a feeling she could scheme them out of more gifts. She could even change the calendars around the house. She’d also have to get their phones, but one step at a time.

 

“I’ll definitely get more gifts.” The young child thinks in amusement, as she gets ready for bed. It will be like taking candy from a baby, or rather two adults. She’s not all that worried about, Mommy Seulgi. She would be the easiest to scam, because she’s often in another world and not paying attention. Her mommy, Joohyun, is a completely different story. She will not be as easily fooled that much is clear to, Yeri. Joohyun pays a lot more attention to details than Seulgi. Yeri knows that, Seulgi is the easiest target, and so she will try her luck there first. The next morning, she finds, Seulgi sitting at the breakfast table. Her eyes are glued to what appears to be a script for an upcoming movie. This is a perfect time to start planting the doubt in her monolid mother’s brain.

 

“Mommy.” She speaks cheerfully and walks over.

 

“Do whatever your mama says.” Seulgi immediately tells her without looking up. Yeri sighs, as it’s not looking good already. She forgot to add in the fact that for the most part, Seulgi listens to whatever Joohyun says.

 

“Mommy, I have to talk to you.” Yeri tugs on one of Seulgi’s sleeves. The monolid woman pauses in her script reading to look at her daughter. Yeri looks hopeful, and Seulgi wonders, if it’s anything important.

 

“Okay, sweetie. What’s going on?” Seulgi gently picks her up, and places her in her lap. She supposes that she will read her script later.

 

“It’s about my birthday. You know it’s coming up soon, right?”

 

That makes, Seulgi look at her curiously. She could have sworn last week was, Yeri’s birthday. She knows that she can get busy in between her acting roles, recording, and appearances. That doesn’t mean she would just up and forget about, Yeri’s birthday.

 

“Really, are you sure about this?”

 

“I’m positive, mommy. Remember, you and mama are so busy a lot. It’s not surprising you’d forget my birthday.”

 

Seulgi doesn’t have the chance to say more, because the second Yeri sees, Joohyun’s purple bunny slippers she makes a getaway. She can’t continue this conversation now, not with her mama too. Joohyun is not going to fall for it as quickly.

 

“Um, Yerimie?”

 

“We’ll talk later, bye mommy.”

 

“Yeri-ah, where are you running off to? You haven’t even had breakfast yet.” The raven-haired woman tells her daughter.

 

“I’ll eat later, bye mama.”

 

Joohyun blinks curiously at the sight of Yeri running off so quickly. She comes over to her other half and kisses her softly on the lips. Seulgi returns the kiss instantly.

 

“Morning, baby.” Joohyun smiles when they break away for air.

 

“Morning, Hyunnie. Did you sleep okay? I know your schedule ran late, last night.”

 

Joohyun doesn’t like it when she gets the schedules that keep her away from her family longer than necessary. There are times where she is too tired to properly spend time with her, wife and daughter. That’s why she tries to make every moment count.

 

“I slept fine besides you, like always. Do you know why our daughter ran out of here so fast?”

 

Seulgi looks around first to see if, Yeri is hiding anywhere in sight. She often does like to hide and listen in before appearing out of nowhere. Seulgi gently squeezes her hand and pulls, Joohyun close so she can whisper it to her.

 

“Yerimie, is trying to convince me that we forgot her birthday.”

 

“Oh, I see.” Joohyun smiles knowingly. The fact that their daughter is trying to scam them out of gifts. It doesn’t surprise her in the least. She has grown to expect such behavior from Yeri. Their daughter is quite the little schemer. She would like to say it’s because she spends too much time with their friend, Park Sooyoung. She has been known to pull a good scheme or two, but it wouldn’t be fair to blame it all on Sooyoung. Yeri, although only 7 year old is very aware of herself, and uses situations to her advantage. Joohyun knows she should be worried for the future, but for now it’s the present that needs to be addressed.

 

“You know, I say we let her think she’s getting away with it. Perhaps, teach her a bit of a lesson?” Joohyun suggests to her other half.

 

“Hyunnie, are you serious? You want us to trick, our only child into thinking she’s getting more presents?”

 

“Yeah, do you think we shouldn’t?” The raven says with a knowing smile. After a moment, Seulgi smiles too. That sounds like a plan to her.

 

“No. I think we should. Let’s play along with her, maybe she’ll learn something.”

 

Yeri was given a huge party with so many gifts. She was also surrounded by her friends, family, and people who loved her. There are other children in the world that don’t have the same luxury. Perhaps, Yeri will end up learning something after all. Her parents, are just both fortunate to be in the position to spoil her. That doesn’t mean she should actively look to take full advantage of the situation. They share one more kiss as if sealing the deal. It’s time to let, Yeri think she’s actually fooling them.


 

Yeri doesn’t actually try to talk to, Seulgi again until later. When Joohyun has to step out for a recording. The small child knows that her best bet to make this work is, Seulgi first. She finds her mom actually drawing in her home studio. Yeri has always been fascinated by her mom’s clear artistic talent. She’s even drawn her personal paintings of characters she loves. All of them currently hanging up in her room.

 

“Hey, mommy. What are you drawing?” She does wonder genuinely.

 

“It’s for your, mama. Her birthday is after yours, remember. I’m going to surprise her with this drawing as one of her gifts.” Seulgi explains.

 

“Oh, okay. Well, can we finish talking now?”

 

“Sure, of course we can.” Seulgi puts her pencil down, and turns to give her daughter her full attention.

 

“Yeah, so as I was saying my birthday is coming soon. You and mama, should buy me more gifts. Some that I can pick out.”

 

Seulgi looks neutral, but on the inside she is laughing. This is already going just as she and Joohyun had anticipated. Yeri wants more gifts. That was clear from the beginning. It’s going to be too easy playing along like she’s winning. After all, she and her wife, are both actresses that know how to deliver on their roles.

 

“Sweetie, are you certain that your birthday is coming up?”
 

“Yes. I know when my birthday is mommy. Remember, you and mama both, are so busy.”

 

That part does really affect, Seulgi to hear. Yeri is saying so straightforward, as if it doesn’t affect her at all. When in reality it’s true that she and, Joohyun can get busy. They were lucky to have planned her birthday party ahead of time. Then again, nothing would have stopped them from celebrating their daughter’s birthday. Still, there are times where Yeri is with their friends, Sooyoung and Seungwan more than the two of them. Seulgi wants for Yeri to know that no matter how busy she and Joohyun can get. That doesn’t mean they don’t love her more than anything.

 

“Hey, Yerimie. Baby, you know that mama and I love you so much, yes?”

 

The small child looks up with a questioning gaze. She didn’t ask for all this mushy parent crap. She just wanted to get more gifts. There were a few things she didn’t get, such as her barbie dreamhouse, Hello Kitty convertible, and a PS4. She probably wouldn’t get that PS4 just yet, but there was no harm in throwing it out there.

 


“Yeah, I know. Why do you sound so worried?”


 

Seulgi leans over and kisses her forehead. She and Joohyun, really need to try and spend more time with her more. It’s not their fault that they both have such hectic schedules. It’s a part of the idol life they signed up for. Their daughter, however didn’t sign up for such a life. She is important, and they will let her know that more.

 

“I don’t want you to think, we love our jobs more than you. We love you, and we’ll try to be around for you more.”

 

“Okay.” Yeri nods, although she really didn’t want to discuss these types of things. She wants to know when they can go shopping. She needs to get the list she has prepared with all the toys she wants. First though, she will have to deal with her mama. Joohyun isn’t going to fooled easily.

 

“Can we go shopping, mommy?” She smiles. “For my birthday, of course.”

 

“Oh, for your birthday. Yes, of course.” The brunette gives a nod. She thinks so far she is doing a good job pretending to be clueless.

 

“Yeah, I already have a list.”

 

“Oh, I bet you do.” Seulgi thinks to herself with a smile. “We’ll go, but we have to talk to your, mama first. She would want to be there shopping with us.”

 

The smile slowly fades away. She knew it would come down to this. She’s going to have to be smooth enough to convince her mama too. Yeri thought she had some time to prepare for her showdown with her mama. The child had no idea that Seulgi meant that night over dinner. Yeri nervously avoids the raven’s gaze. She is definitely a bit more scared of, Joohyun than Seulgi. Her mommy is more the chill, relaxed parent. The one who she sits up and plays games with, or takes her out to eat chicken that they both love. Joohyun can be fun too, and quite silly with her. That doesn’t change the fact that she’s the true disciplinarian when it comes to both her parents.

 

“Yeri-ah, what’s wrong? You’ve barely touched your food?” Joohyun wonders from her seat at the table.

 

“Nothing’s wrong. It tastes good.” That at least is true. The beef is great, and the rice too. Somehow, her mom made sure to sneak all the vegetables she hates to her plate. Yeri didn’t say anything about it because she is hoping to get her gifts.

 

“Are you sure?” The raven questions. “Eat some more if you can. Then we’ll have some dessert.”

 

Dessert sounds good as always. She wants to eat some of that strawberry ice cream she knows is waiting in the refrigerator to be eaten. She is so busy avoiding her parent’s looks. She misses the way her mom’s smile knowingly at each other.

 

“So, Yeri-ah. Mommy told me that someone has a birthday coming up.”

 

The way, Joohyun says this it makes, Yeri snap up quickly. She had no idea that her mommy would talk to her mama on her behalf. This is great, and now she doesn’t have to work but so hard to convince them. She honestly can’t believe her actual luck.

 

“Oh, um yes. My birthday is coming up. We need to get gifts.”

 

Joohyun smiles, but it is definitely one of her fake actress ones. Seulgi knows the difference quite well. Poor, Yeri doesn’t seem to see any of this coming.

 

“Of course, Yerimie. Mommy and I are free tomorrow. We’ll go shopping.”

 

“We will!”

 

“You bet, kiddo. You have your list, right?” Seulgi asks, and the only response is Yeri running off to get said list. Her parents laugh in amusement. They will go shopping alright, and play it up as if Yeri will get exactly what she wants.

 

“We’re not bad parents, right?” The monolid woman questions semi-seriously.

 

“Of course not, Seul. She’s our daughter, and we love her, but we have to start teaching her to be more grateful. Don’t worry, we have this.”

 

Seulgi trusts her wife more than anything. If Joohyun thinks that they are doing the right thing. Then she trusts her judgment. Seulgi takes her hand for a second and squeezes.

 

“Hyunnie, I also think she feels a bit too comfortable by us not always being here. I think she’s used to how busy we can be. I just don’t want her to think we don’t love her, you know?”

 

Joohyun nods in understanding. She has similar concerns in regards to, Yeri being used to their busy schedules. They do need to reassure their daughter of how important she is to them, but not before a little life lesson.

 

“We will, Seul. We’ll talk to her, but first we teach her not to try and scam us again.”

 

“Mommy, mama, I found my list!”

 

“Okay, baby. Show us the list.”


 

From there, Yeri happily shows them a huge list that’s full of different things. Some were practical toys, such as the barbie dreamhouse. There were a few extravagant items, like a ps4, big screen TV, Ariana Grande.

 

“Um, do you mean, Ariana Grande to come sing for your next birthday?” Seulgi questions.

 

“No, I mean, Ariana Grande.”

 

“Okay, that’s enough. Time for you to get ready for bed, goodnight, Yeri-ah.” Joohyun hugs and kisses her cheek first.

 

“Night, mama.”

 

“Goodnight, squirtle.” Seulgi playfully ruffles up her hair. Yeri frowns and pushes her hand away. She hates it when Seulgi calls her squirtle.

 

“Don’t call me, Squirtle.” She frowns cutely.

 

“Hey, it’s a cute pokemon. Anyway, goodnight, kiddo.” Seulgi also kisses the other side of her cheek.

 

“Night, mommy.”

 

Joohyun folds up the list and puts it away. Yeri sure did plan everything out well. The raven can’t deny how calculated her daughter is. She should really be worried about what sort of future trouble, Yeri might get into.

 

“Okay, honey. We better get to bed too. I guess we’ll be shopping tomorrow.”

 

“Yeah, let’s go to sleep for this busy day of shopping.” Seulgi laughs and wraps her arm around Joohyun. They head to bed, and know tomorrow will be interesting to say the least. It sure starts off interesting, Yeri comes in to wake them up bright and early. The couple are both startled awake by her jumping into bed with them.

 

“Mama, mommy! Rise and shine.” The small child jumps up and down several times before jumping onto the brunette.

 

“Ow, what the fu…” Seulgi nearly curses, but Joohyun hurries to capture her lips. The curse dies on her lips as she gets caught up in her wife’s lips. Yeri immediately covers her eyes. She is willing to make sacrifices for her gifts, but she doesn’t need to see them kissing.

 

“Are you two done?”

 

“Yes.” Joohyun sneaks in one more kiss before ending it. Seulgi would rather be getting more kisses, but Yeri is sitting right there. After her parents assure her that they are no longer kissing. The child removes her hands from her eyes, relieved that they are no longer making out.

 

“Okay, you’re both awake. Can we go shopping now?”

 

“After we have breakfast.” Joohyun lets her know. Yeri nods in understanding. She knows better than to fight against having breakfast. For the most part they always have meals together, as a family. If they can, sometimes she eats with her Aunt’s. Yeri, can’t believe how slow the breakfast goes. It feels like forever since her mom went to cook. Joohyun does seem to be going extra slow for some reason. She is still putting ingredients together, and making no moves to cook.

 

“Um, can’t, I just have cereal?” Yeri wonders. The slight glare from the raven makes, Yeri be silent. She knows the drill. They will have a fulfilling breakfast, and it will take as long as it takes. Yeri thinks she will be 100 years old by the time she finally gets food.

 

“Here you guys go, enjoy.” Joohyun starts setting plates of food down before them.

 

“Finally!”
 

“What did you say, Yeri?” She raises an eyebrow to her. The child straightens up in her seat. She clears , and starts to eat.

 

“Nothing, the food is good, mama.”

 

“I thought so. Well, eat up since we have a busy day. Mom and I have your list.”

 

“Don’t worry. I made copies.” Yeri assures, and that makes the couple exchange looks with one another. What is really going on with this child? She shouldn’t be this prepared.

 

“Yeah, just eat your food, okay, Yerimie.” Seulgi smiles, hiding the fact that she is really worried. Yeri has the potential to be one dangerous, scary young adult. They finish with breakfast and prepare to go shopping. At the store it’s amusing to see, Yeri running around the toy store like a bat out of hell. She shows her parents toy after toy. They tell her to just put whatever it is in the cart.

 

“We’re going to need another cart.” Yeri thinks aloud, as she starts to drag a life size hello kitty over to her parents. They go from one end to the store with their daughter. She keeps shoving in so many things that it’s dizzying.

 

“Yeri, don’t you think you’ve got enough things.” Joohyun says to her.

 

“Wait, there’s one more thing I wanted to check out. I’ll be right back.”

 

“We’ll be right here.” Seulgi assures her. They watch her run off towards another section of the store.

 

“You know what to do right, Seul? You distract her with ice cream, while I pay for the toys.”

 

“I got it, and when she asks why none of the toys are in the car. I’ll say it’s too many so we’re having them delivered.”

 

“That’s it. We got this, babe.” The raven puts out her hand for a high five, which Seulgi readily accepts. She did feel somewhat bad for tricking their daughter. Then again, with one look into the cart full of toys. Seulgi is positive that they are doing the right thing. Yeri stops in the middle of trying to grab another oversized plush when she notices a kid about her age. They are with their parents too, only their cart is barely full of anything.

 

“Okay, honey. We can afford only one expensive toy this year for you. I know you really wanted that drum set. We’re sorry.” The mom apologizes to the daughter.

 

“That’s okay, mom. I know you and dad, wanted to get me more toys.”

 

“We did, but we will be sure to do something extra special for your birthday.”

 

Yeri is stunned by what she is seeing. All the friends she has also have parents that can afford to give them most anything. She never really stopped to think of what other kids go through. The ones who don’t have famous, celebrity parents. The small child leaves the plush there. She returns to where her parents are waiting only to see her mommy.

 

“Mommy, why are you by yourself?”

 

The brunette carefully picks Yeri up. “Come on, Yerimie. We’re going to go for ice cream. Your mama will pay for everything.”

 

“Oh, okay.” Yeri nods, although her mind can’t help but to think of that other kid. She feels badly for them, and thinks that she is very lucky to have such parents. Seulgi explains to her during ice cream that the toys have to be delivered to the house later. She has way too many toys to fit in the car. Yeri nods, and thanks her. She swirls around her strawberry ice cream.

 

“What’s wrong, kiddo?” Seulgi wonders.

 

“Nothing. Thank you for the ice cream, mommy.”

 

“That doesn’t sound like nothing is wrong to me.”

 

“I just wonder if there are lots of other kids that can’t get anything they want. Like, if their parents can’t afford it.”

 

Seulgi is shocked to say the least. That’s the last thing she could have imagined Yeri to say. She looks up when she sees Joohyun heading over. The raven sees right away the air is tense.

 

“What’s, wrong?”

 

“Nothing mama.” Yeri smiles suddenly. “Here, do you want to try some of my ice cream. It’s delicious.”

 

Seulgi gives a look that says they can fully discuss it later on. Joohyun takes a spoonful of the strawberry ice cream.

 

“You’re right, sweetie. It’s really good.”


 

They don’t stay long at the ice cream place. Just long enough for everyone to have at least two more scoops of their favorite flavors of ice cream. The ride home goes smooth too, as Yeri feels better and thinks she will be getting those gifts. Joohyun makes sure to make chicken for dinner too. At the least, Yeri could have a good dinner. She seems distracted after too. Since she and, Seulgi are playing video games together. Joohyun and Seulgi start to wonder if she has forgotten. However, just before bed Yeri asked.

 

“So, where are my toys.”

 

“Oh, the toys. Let’s go get them, come on Seul.”

 

“We’ll be right back, close your eyes, okay Yerimie.”

 

The couple leave, and have to stay in their room for several moments. All because they are so busy laughing.

 

“We’re wrong for doing this, Hyunnie.” Seulgi admits through her laughing. Joohyun stops laughing for a moment.

 

“We’re not, come on let’s go surprise her with her gifts.”

 

When the couple return. Yeri still has her eyes closed, and waiting. They tell her to open her eyes and she sees practical gifts. Things like new shoes, clothes, coloring books. No fancy toys, definitely not a PS4, or life size hello kitty.

 

“Where’s my dream house?”

 

“Surprise!” The couple shout together. “You didn’t think you were getting all those gifts for real, did you?”

 

“Wait, what?”

 

She is shocked. How could her wonderful, loving parents trick her so. Then they start laughing at her surprised face.

 

“Yeah, we knew what you were up to. How could you think to trick us it was your birthday again?” Joohyun says in a disappointed tone.

 

“I’m sorry.” Yeri apologizes.

 

“Wait, you are?” Seulgi is now surprised. Yeri nods and asks for her parents to sit down on the bed.

 

“I didn’t think about how some other kids don’t have a lot, or their parents can’t give them everything because they can’t afford it. Not until earlier, and I see how I’m really lucky to have you both.”

 

That makes the couple smile at their daughter. It’s a thoughtful and unexpected response. Perhaps, she already had learned a lesson. They each take turns hugging her.

 

“We’re proud of you, baby. It’s true not everyone can give their kids all the things they want. Your mommy and I are just in a fortunate position.” The raven whispers softly.

 

Seulgi nods. “We also love you very much. I don’t want you thinking we put our careers over you. We’ll do better about spending more time with you.”

 

“I love you both, too.” Yeri hugs them again, and thanks them for the gifts. She’s a little disappointed, but not as much as she would have thought. She is luckier than most kids. She has two parents who love her, and gets much more than some other kids.

 

“I am a little bit disappointed by no ps4, though.” She whispers to herself before closing her eyes to sleep. Joohyun and Seulgi sit up in the living room for some time. They drink tea, and talk about how proud they are of their daughter.

 

“That was a sudden change of heart.” Joohyun admits. “I’m still proud of her.”

 

“She mentioned earlier she realizes other kids aren’t as lucky. I think it was a big step for her.” Seulgi tells her wife. Joohyun agrees. Maybe they won’t have to worry but so much their daughter.

 

“She is a lucky little girl, and we love her very much.”

 

“We do.” Seulgi nods. They exchange looks with one another again.

 

“You bought some of the toys, didn’t you?” The raven asks knowingly.

 

“I sure did. You as well?” The brunette grins.

 

“I did.” Joohyun sighs. “Our daughter is one very lucky girl.” She repeats.

 

“The luckiest, and definitely also a huge scammer. We better keep an eye on her, Hyunnie.”

 

“Yeah. She’s only 7. I don’t want to imagine her when she’s a teen.”

 

Seulgi shudders. “I don’t think the world can handle a teen, Yeri.”

 

“No, but she’s our daughter, and the best little girl in the world.”

 

“Yeah, she’s the best little girl in the world.”


 

A/N: I’m done. We have kang family, scammer Yeri, married seulrene all in one. I hope this was a good read.