Birthday Forgotten?

Birthday Surprise

A/N: This is the first of my belated bday fics for Yeri. Happy belated bday to my precious maknae Yeri. Please enjoy

 

Kim Yeri, woke up in a mostly good mood. Today was her birthday, and she just knew it would be a fantastic day. The young, dark-haired woman expected to be met with hugs and kisses from her long-time girlfriend, Park Sooyoung. So, when she didn’t get any it surprised her. Come to think of it, where is she anyway? It’s unusual for her to not still be besides her. Yeri leaves the bedroom to find the entire apartment to be quiet.  It’s weird for it to be so silent, as Sooyoung would be up making noise by now.

 

When, Yeri enters the kitchen. She sees her taller, red haired girlfriend eating cereal and listening to music on her phone. There is nothing particularly strange about that, but it’s her birthday. Sooyoung should be all over her by now with hugs and kisses, at the least. She’s not used to being this ignored, not from her overly affectionate girlfriend.

 

“Sooyoung.” Yeri taps her, but the taller woman is too busy singing along to the song.

 

“Sooyoung.” She taps her again even harder. The force of her tapping causes the redhead to pause.

 

“Who the …oh, hi baby.” She smiles, and offers her one single kiss on the cheek. She is normally met with so many kisses that she normally pushes, Sooyoung away from her. This is another warning sign that something is wrong. Yeri knows that she can ask, Sooyoung if she has forgotten her birthday. She decides not to do so. She will see for how long will her girlfriend not remember what today is. When Sooyoung finishes her cereal. She goes to put the bowl away. Yeri is wondering where is her breakfast? She should be treated like a queen.

 

“Um, Soo. Where’s my breakfast?”

 

“You have legs, don’t you? Get up, and make your own breakfast.”

 

“What!” The shorter woman shouts. Well, that was damn rude. She is expected to make her own breakfast on her birthday? She should be getting breakfast in bed, like the queen she is. Yeri huffs in annoyance and goes to pour herself a bowl of cereal. Sooyoung doesn’t seem to be on any way to acknowledging, Yeri, or her birthday. In fact, she leaves to go get dressed, and returns moments later.

 

“Alright, babe. I need to go into the office. You know how, Seulgi-unnie is if I’m not there to hold her hand.” Sooyoung works for their mutual friend, Seulgi, who is an executive in her father’s company. That’s also strange, because her girlfriend usually always takes her birthday off.

 

“You’re going in to work now?”

 

“Yeah, Seulgi-unnie called me in. I have to go, but I’ll call you later, okay bye.” She gives her one kiss again.

 

“Hey, wait….”

 

“I need to go, Yerimie. Bye baby!” She waves and the next thing, Yeri hears is the front door closing. She’s only getting angrier. Of all the people who could potentially forget her birthday. She would not expect for it to be Sooyoung.  They have been together for so long, and it makes no sense. She has gotten many well wishes from all their friends. She hasn’t heard a word from, Sooyoung. Something is surely going on.

 

 

The redhead, isn’t really going to work, but she is meeting with, Seulgi and their mutual friend, Seungwan. They just need to finalize the last-minute details for, Yeri’s surprise party later. She would never forget her baby’s special day. It was sure fun pretending that she had though. The look on, Yeri’s face when she told her to make her own breakfast, it was priceless. She meets the two older women at the party hall she rented. It’s already decorated, and the presents are already in one corner. Sooyoung made sure to notify all the people they knew to be here by 4, the latest.

 

“Hi guys, working hard.” The taller woman teases when she notices Seulgi and Seungwan both carrying the cake.

 

“You know, this is your girlfriend, and we’re doing most of the work.” Seungwan sighs, pushing back her blonde locks. The brunette, Seulgi just smiles politely as they set the cake carefully onto the table.

 

“Hey, Soo. Does, Yerimie suspect anything yet?”

 

“Nope. She doesn’t know a thing, and it’s going to stay that way. The cake looks good, unnie.” Joy nods in approval. Seungwan always makes the best desserts, and it’s good to have a friend willing to do the cake for free.

 

“Thanks. I hope, Yeri will like it. You did at least help us yesterday.”

 

“Hey, she’s my girlfriend. Why wouldn’t I want to make her day special?”

 

Seulgi keeps checking her phone as if she’s forgotten something. Sooyoung hopes it not the DJ, or anything else related to Yeri’s party.

 

“Unnie, what’s up?” The taller woman asks the brunette.

 

“Nothing, I just have this feeling I’ve forgotten to do something.”

 

“Well, as long as it’s not related to Yeri’s party then, who cares. Oh, I should go to the store, and get a few more things.”

 

“We’ll go with you.” They join, Sooyoung to get whatever last-minute items she might need. Seulgi still has the feeling that something is missing. She just can’t figure out what it is now. Meanwhile, Yeri spent some time at home pissed, but then went out. She’s not going to stay home when it’s her birthday. She found herself walking around for some time with no goal in mind. Until, finally settling on a café. She might as well treat herself to something good to eat, and drink. Just as the young woman gets her order. Her phone is buzzing away nearby. She wonders if it’s Sooyoung. If it is, she will yell at her for forgetting her birthday.

 

“Yah, Sooyoung, how dare you forget the most important day of your life!” Yeri shouts into her phone. She didn’t even bother to see if it really was her girlfriend. It’s not, because she hears familiar laughter in her ear.

 

“Joohyun-unnie, what do you want?”

 

“Hey, that’s no way to talk to me. I was just going to offer to take you out to dinner tonight to celebrate? Did Sooyoung really forget?” Joohyun wonders. It doesn’t seem possible to the older woman. She has known the younger couple for some time. She and her wife, Seulgi, helped to get them together. Joohyun doubts that Sooyoung would just forget that today is her girlfriend’s birthday. Not after that huge party she threw for her the prior year. Something is up.

 

“I don’t know. She’s been acting weird all day.”

 

“Well, if there is a chance she has forgotten, which I doubt. Seul and I will treat you for dinner. If she answers her phone.” Joohyun adds in an annoyed tone of voice. Seulgi, left some time ago, and hasn’t been answering her phone. That’s unusual since she can always be reached.

 

“Ooh, maybe, Seulgi-unnie is finally having that affair I suggested she have.” Yeri teases. It’s her birthday and she’s allowed to make someone else miserable. She never needed an excuse before. She stops laughing because she could feel the anger on the other end of the line. Joohyun, doesn’t appreciate that joke in the least. Everyone knows how much she loves her wife.

 

“You can forget us treating you to dinner. Goodbye, Yeri.”

 

“Hey, wait. I was only…”

 

The next thing, she hears is the dial tone. Well, that could have gone much better. Now, it seems her girlfriend has forgotten her, and now she’s out of dinner too. This day couldn’t possibly be any worse. She just wants to go home and crawl into bed. How could, Sooyoung really have forgotten that today is her birthday.


 

When Sooyoung, Seulgi, and Seungwan return with extra food and drinks for the party. They finish setting up, and notice that people are already starting to come. It’s about an hour until 4 so, the redhead knows she better go to get Yeri. She bids goodbye to the two older women, and reminds them of what the signal is when she gets back with Yeri.

 

“Don’t either of you screw it up!” Joy warns them.

 

“We won’t. Calm down, and just go get Yeri.” Seungwan tells her. She can’t help but notice that Seulgi seems to be zoned out.

 

“Hey, Seul. Are you okay?”

 

“No. I just can’t help, but to think I’m forgetting something.”

 

It’s on the tip of her tongue. So, how come she can’t remember what she’s missing. Oh, well maybe it will come to her before, Sooyoung gets back with Yeri. Speaking of what she forgot, Joohyun is once again trying to reach her wife.

 

“Seriously, Seul?” She sighs, and ends the call. What is, Seulgi doing that’s so important she can’t answer the phone? Joohyun wonders if her wife just has her phone off. She figures, she’ll just try her again later. When she’s getting a text from Saeron, who is Yeri’s best friend.

 

“What, a surprise party?” Oh, hell no. She can’t believe that this is going on, and no one told her. It says, Joy all over it, and Joohyun is very pissed right now. First, she has to get a gift for the birthday girl, and hopefully she doesn’t miss the party entirely. Especially not without telling, Joy a thing or two for trying to leave her out of the surprise party.


 

When, Sooyoung returned home, Yeri was in bed fast asleep. That just can’t be. This woman has to wake up and get ready. The redhead wakes her up with a tender kiss. Yeri frowns in her sleep. She turns over on her side to avoid the lips again.

 

“Babe, wake up.”

 

The smaller woman awakens to see, Sooyoung standing over her. She’s smiling so brightly and warmly. That for a second she is almost not upset at her. Then Yeri, remembers that her supposed girlfriend that loves her. She has forgotten about her birthday, and that pisses her off.

 

“What do you want?”

 

“Now, is that anyway to talk to me? I’m the love of your life, after all?” The taller woman teases and proceeds to pepper her face with those numerous kisses.

 

“Soo, get off!” Yeri complains. Although she has missed her usual kisses she didn’t get earlier.

 

“Alright, but I need you to get up, and get yourself together. We’re going out.”

 

“Out?”

 

“Yeah, so get ready. Wear something cute, because you have to save the y stuff for me later.” Sooyoung teases and kisses her one more time. She then leaves the bedroom, and Yeri is honestly so confused. She has no idea what to make of, Sooyoung’s odd behavior. She still gets herself together, choosing a simple pink blouse, and dark skirt. She puts on minimal makeup, and goes to meet Sooyoung who seems to be having a phone conversation. The second that the taller woman hears footsteps. She makes sure to end the call fast. It’s another suspicious move.

 

“There you are. Ready to go, baby?” The redhead smiles and wraps an arm around her.

 

“Yeah, but what are you up to?”

 

“Why do I have to be up to anything. Come on, you look super pretty by the way.”

 


“I know.” Yeri nods, as it’s only obvious. Since, she is always one, beautiful woman. Sooyoung laughs and gently kisses her cheek.

 

“Someone has gotten quite cocky now that they’re a year older. You’re lucky I love you, now let’s go.”
 

 

Sooyoung, takes her hand and gives it such a soft squeeze. Yeri, wonders if she is about to confess something terrible soon. That she’s sick, or dying, or anything terrible like that. All the couple do is get into Sooyoung’s car and drive off. Yeri tried to look around first for some sign of a gift. Her girlfriend just laughed at her and told her to sit down.

 

“Okay, so no gift. Where the hell is she taking me?” Yeri wonders to herself.

 

When, Sooyoung stops the car. She immediately covers her eyes with a blindfold. She doesn’t even ask her first.

 

“Hey! What is this, you jerk.”

 

“Shh, don’t worry. You trust me, right?” She smiles playfully and kisses her lips.

 

“I don’t trust you all that much, right now. If you’re planning to murder me for the insurance money. Then you really should have thought this out better.” Yeri deadpans.

 

Her tone of voice only makes, Sooyoung laugh. She texted, Seulgi and Seungwan that she was right outside. That everyone needed to shut up, and yell surprise after she brings Yeri inside.

 

“Oh, come on. Why would I do that, when I could just take whatever money you have now.” The redhead jokes, but then tenderly cups her face. She does love, Yeri very much, and hopes this will be a nice surprise for her.

 

“Soo, what are you doing? If this is some thing. We really could have done this at home.”

 

“No, calm down. It’s nothing like that, just hold on to me. We’re going in.”

 

Yeri does lock her arm with, Sooyoung’s, and follows her girlfriend to, wherever they are going.

 

“You know. We’ve been together a long time.” Sooyoung begins thoughtfully.

 

“Yeah, we’ve been together, forever. That’s because you didn’t know how to take no for an answer.”

 

“It wasn’t like that, and you know it. I’ am irresistible, of course.” The taller woman speaks proudly.

 

“Whatever.”

 

“Seriously, I love you very much, Kim Yerim. I just wanted you to know that.” She gently starts to remove her blindfold, but not before whispering to her that she needed to keep her eyes closed. They enter the party hall, and when Sooyoung says she can open her eyes. The first thing she hears is a loud chorus of “Surprise”.

 

“What is this?” Yeri can’t help to smile as she sees all of their friends. The cake, presents, the DJ, and how nicely decorated the hall is. There are so many pink balloons, Yeri is sure she would attempt to take them all if she could.

 

“Happy birthday, baby.” Sooyoung softly whispers to her. Yeri swears she will not cry, at least not right now. It’s honestly, one of the sweetest things that her girlfriend, could have done for her. She hugs her, and kisses her fully on the lips.

 

“Thank you, Soo.”

 

“I know. I’m the best that way, now come on. Let’s go this is your party, and you should enjoy it.”

 

They do enjoy every moment of it. The interactions with all their friends, the dancing, and of course taking silly pictures. They soon stand with, Seungwan and Seulgi in conversation. They haven’t yet cut the cake, but something seems to be missing.

 

“Um, Seulgi-unnie. Where’s Joohyun-unnie?” Yeri wonders, since it’s painfully clear that she is the missing factor.

 

“What?” The brunette says, through mouthfuls of chips.

 

“Oh my god. Seul, did you forget to bring, Joohyun-unnie?” Seungwan sighs in disbelief.

 

“Yes, that’s exactly what she forgot.” They hear the voice of the missing raven, as she makes her way over with a gift in her arm. She looks like she wants to murder her wife. Seulgi smiles, embarrassed, and hurries to hug her angry wife.

 

“I’m so sorry, Hyunnie. I thought you were asleep.”

 

Joohyun looks like she is about to whack her in the head with the gift. Instead, she takes a deep breath, and hands the gift to Yeri.

 

“Happy Birthday, Yerimie.”

 

“Thank you, unnie.”

 

“Uh, Hyunnie... are you angry?”

 

She looks too cute, and adorable for, Joohyun to stay angry with. She doesn’t even fully blame, Seulgi for this, not when, Sooyoung is standing there looking way too suspicious. She looks as if she knows something, but doesn’t want to share.

 

“You’re my wife, and you’re lucky, I love you. Did you have anything to do with this, Sooyoung?” The raven questions. The redhead places her hand to her chest in mock pain.

 

“Unnie, I can’t believe you would think that I, Park Sooyoung could possibly leave you out of the party on purpose. That is absolutely ridiculous, and you’re getting quite paranoid in your old age.”

 

“Sooyoung!” Joohyun tries to hit her in the head with her bag, but Seulgi gently wraps her arms around her waist.

 

“Hyunnie, don’t be upset. It was my fault for not making sure you were there. I love you, and I’m sorry.”

 

Naturally, that makes Joohyun weak enough that it distracts her. Perfect time for, Sooyoung to pull Yeri away and onto the dancefloor. She bursts out in laughter in remembrance of how pissed, Joohyun was to arrive way later than anyone else.

 

“Did you see her face? It was too much.”

 

Yeri simply wraps her arms around her taller girlfriend. “I have the feeling this was more about getting back at unnie. Instead of celebrating my birthday.”
 

Sooyoung responds with a kiss. That is of course ridiculous, as to why would she use an opportunity to get back at Joohyun here. This is her girlfriend’s birthday.

 

“Yerimie, I am so hurt. I can’t believe you would even suggest this.”

 

“Yeah, sure, you’re hurt.” Yeri rolls her eyes, but smiles. She knows that despite the obvious prank, Sooyoung did this because she loves her. She surprised her with a party to show that she does.

 

“Hey, babe.” Yeri whispers, with a hand to her face.

 

“Hm?”

 

“Thank you for the party. I thought you forgot about my birthday earlier, so this was really nice.”

 

“I would never forget your birthday, baby. I’m just glad you’re having a good time.”

 

“I am, and I love you.”

 

That makes the taller woman smile so widely to hear those precious three words. Her work is done, and she made sure, Yeri had a great birthday, and the bonus is she was able to mess with, Joohyun too. This is without a doubt the best birthday she could have planned for her girlfriend.

 

“I love you too, Yerimie. Happy Birthday.”


 

A/N: I don’t think I write Joyri well enough yet, although that is my top ship for either of them. I guess this was an okay read overall. I hope so, and thanks for reading.