Meeting

Coffee Prince

The Thai boy's lips immediately formed a light smile as he stepped foot on Incheon Airport. He exhaled deeply, absorbing the breeze of the foreign place. With his luggage behind him, he walked outside the airport to greet Seoul. Warm rays of sunlight kissed his fair skin, trees dancing as if welcoming him, the fine weather making him think that it's a good choice to fly the way through here.


The only problem is that.. he doesn't know much about South Korea especially Seoul, not even places or their language. He tried to learn a bit but his accent was still a bit off, and he sometimes mix Thai, English and Korean. The young man rubbed his nape, it may be a good choice but is a great burden too.


Ten fished his map out of his bag and tried to examine it. He roamed his eyes around and sighed. Maybe he just have to hail a cab and find a cheap inn for him to stay? He doesn't have enough money to support himself so he must find a job quickly.


With another sigh, he strolled around with his eyes still fixed with his map. He's aware that his forehead is creasing with lines and his eyebrows are scrunched but he couldn't care less. Not minding his surrounding, Ten felt someone bump at him that made him lose his balance and fall to the cemented floor with a soft thud.


"Ow!," he whined in a soft voice. His definitely hurt with that fall. He pursed his lips and tried to sit up but to no avail, he found himself on the ground again.


"Oh my God! I'm really sorry!"


He heard an unfamiliar voice say. He felt strong arms help him stand up and Ten brushed off the dirt on his skinny pants. He looked up and a pair of caramel brown orbs met his own. For a moment, he felt mesmerized but cleared his throat to calm himself. "Ah no, it's fine. Don't worry," he said, flashing a warm smile.


The brunette man in front of him looked panicky even if Ten told him everything's alright. "Is there anything I can do to help you?"


Ten unconsciously bit his lip, eyes switching from his map to the stranger. "Uh.. to be honest.. I don't know this place and if I'll continue strolling around.. I might get really lost..," the young male said shyly, fiddling with his fingers.


The stranger raised a brow. "Oh! You're a foreigner? That explains your accent. Wait, I'm Taeyong, by the way. A natural born Korean and I guess I can help you," the brunette introduced himself, extending his hand.


Ten hesitantly reached the offered hand and shake it. "I'm Ten and I'm Thai. How are you going to help me?," he asked, voice filled of hope.


Taeyong suddenly gripped on his wrist as he hailed a taxi. They got in as the driver put Ten's luggage on the compartment and then they went off. "Is it fine for you if I'll make you stay in our house for a while?"


Ten's eyes widened, "W-what?! No, no. You don't have to. That's too much bother!," he exclaimed, waving his hands as if dismissing Taeyong's idea.


"The hotels' fee here in Seoul are way too expensive. You look like a student so I'm thinking that you won't be able to afford them. My auntie and I live alone in our humble home but we have enough room for you. We just have to ask for her permission," the brunette explained.


The ebony-haired man blinked as his lips formed a pout. He found Taeyong quite smart but still.. "You don't have to worry about that. I can handle myself. I'll just.. find an apartment, a job, then I'll be fine!"


Taeyong shook his head. "It'll be hard you. You don't even know how to roam around Seoul and I noticed that you're still troubling with our language so.."


Ten frowned, the boy got a point. "But I don't wanna be a burden to you just because you bumped at me in the airport a while ago.."


The older just patted Ten's head. "If it's an apartment you want, then just rent the space available in our house. You need a job to pay us? Then work for my Aunt's small restaurant. Don't be stubborn, Tennie-ah. You won't win."

 

Ten only sighed, eyes focusing outside the cab and admiring the view of the city. "Fine, fine. I won't argue anymore," he surrendered. "Though.. thank you.. so much."


Taeyong hummed as a response and the taxi stopped in front of an eatery. Ten stepped out of the vehicle and eyed the place. It was a small coffee shop, the outside painted dark brown and beige. The interior was more of designed with cream colored paint, the furnitures a mix of black and white. The dim lamps add coziness in the place, plus the oriental flowers decorating the café. The driver handed him the luggage and he felt Taeyong beside him.


The brunette gripped his wrist again and they approached a small white woman, hair tied into a tight bun and her face looked angelic just like her nephew. The said woman smiled at Taeyong and kissed him on the cheek. "You're back early, Taeyongie~ Who's this charming boy with you?"


Ten felt his cheeks burn with the compliment. "Hello. My name is Ten. Nice to meet you," he said with a bright smile, bowing to show some respect.


Taeyong put his arm around the shorter's shoulder. "Auntie~ Ten is new here in Seoul. He came here all the way from Thailand and now he got nowhere to go and stay. Since I owe him one, I dediced that maybe he can live with us and in return, he'll work here in the cafe. Well.. if it's fine with you?"


The woman eyed Ten carefully, looking at him from head to toe. The Thai male fidgeted on his place, feeling uneasy and judged by Taeyong's auntie. The latter even walked around him, making his discomfort increase. "Hmm.. you look innocent.. but looks could be deceiving too. Your eyes are so expressive and they tell you out. I think you're a nice boy. You can stay with Taeyong on his room."


Ten's jaw almost dropped with what he heard. He didn't get it wrong.. right? He glanced at Taeyong and the boy only smiled at him. It was the  first time that day that the brunette flashed a smile and Ten realized just how gorgeous the man is. His face is usually stoic but still attractive, and when he smiles, it's like the skies opened up to bless the girls around the said boy.


Taeyong held Ten's hand again, their fingers intertwining naturally which surprised the latter whose eyes are fixed on their hands while climbing up the stairs. The Korean didn't let go of the Thai male even when he opened his door's room and let the latter enter.


Ten checked the place quietly. The room was painted with black and white, simple yet elegant. There's a double-deck bed, the bottom one obviously used since it's neatly kept and there's a nightstand beside it that contains a lamp and a few pile of books. A black closet was on the side near another door which Ten thinks is for the bathroom. There were a few posters,  small television and a study table. It is also cool in there because of the split airconditioner. The room is fit enough for two people and the Thai male couldn't ask for more.


"You'll occupy the top bunk if it's okay with you. The right part of the closet would be mine, just please always keep your things in order," he eventually said as he finally let go Ten me sat on a swivel chair.


The raven nodded eagerly and smiled. "Sure. I did notice that your room is so neat and things are all organized," he commented as started to unpack.


Taeyong stood up and helped the younger with his stuff. "I'm sorry. You see, I have this thing called mysophobia. Please bear with me," he muttered, putting the clothes in the closet.


For a moment, Ten watched him move around gracefully. For a man, he's undeniably beautiful. He can't even point out a flaw from him since he's kind, though it doesn't show with his cold aura. The Thai slowly crept his hand to the other's and squeezed it, catching his attention. "Thank you. I promise I won't be a burden to you and your auntie."


The brunette ruffled the other's hair and smiled. "Just be a good boy or Aunt will surely kick you out of the house."

 

Ten only chuckled and went back unpacking. Since today, his life would change permanently. A life away from his controlling parents, away from his problems, away from his beloved country. He heaved a sigh, he can do this.