Chapter One (Forward + Continued)

I WAIT

"Hana~ Guess what~," came a melodic voice. Hana turned around to see her best friend standing behind her.

"What's going on, Shannon?" Hana asked, crinkling her eyebrows.

"Hana, don't do that. It'll cause wrinkles, which aren't attractive. You DO want to find a boyfriend, don't you?"

Hana sighed. "Please don't lecture me about this right now... that's not what you wanted to talk about... is it?"

Shannon's eyes closed as she laughed. "No~ Of course not, silly!"

"Then what is it?" Hana asked, unwilling to play Shannon's guessing game.

"Can you at least guess what it's about?" Shannon asked, pouting.

Hana sighed, and rubbed her forehead. "Sure... ummm... is it about The Rose?"

"Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!" Shannon exclaimed.

"Really? Is it good news? What's going on?"

"The Rose is going to be holding a free concert out in the park nearby our university today!"

"Really?!"

"Really~~~," Shannon sang. Both girls screamed joyously. They were already at the university courtyard, and therefore, not too far from the park. Several students passing by looked over curiously, but the girls did not notice, nor would they have cared. They were going to see their idols - they could not contain their joy.

"Oh my gosh, let's go now! I bet it's already packed!" Hana exclaimed, grabbing Shannon's arm. Shannon nodded and the two ran towards the park hand in hand. As predicted by Hana, the park was heavily concentrated with people. Fan girls and boys pushed and shoved to get to the front of the crowd, eventually, pulling Hana and Shannon apart.

"Hana?!" Shannon shouted.

"Shannon?!" Hanna panicked.

As the crowd kept pushing, the girls were separated further. Hana began to hyperventilate. What should I do? Maybe I can find a quiet place to call her! I wouldn't want to see the show without her. With that in mind, Hana pushed her way out of the crowd and headed to a secluded area - a nearby building's doorway. As she began to search for Shannon's phone number, she backed up, bumping into something and dropped her phone. "!" she exclaimed, bending down to reach for her phone. "Is my screen broken?"

"Well, that's not very ladylike," came the voice of a boy. Hana turned around, dropping her phone again, and blushed. "I'm sorry - did I bump into you?!"

In front of her was a tall, thin boy with scruffy blonde hair and big glasses. "Yeah..," he said, looking away from her. Hana couldn't help but notice he was kind of attractive, which caused her to blush even more, but suddenly, she stood up angrily as she realized his harsh words.

"W-wait a minute - who are you to judge what's ladylike and what's not?"

He laughed. "Cussing isn't cute. Even if your face is... kind of."

Hana became red with rage. "Just who are you, anyway?!"

The boy's eyes widened and his mouth gaped open. "You don't know who I am?"

"No, and why would I?!"

"Interesting... I'm Jae. And let's just say, I'm a pretty big deal."

"Yeah, well so am I, ." Hana retorted.

"Wow, your face is looking less and less cute," Jae laughed.

"Screw off, you jerk," Hana shouted, tears forming in her eyes due to her frustration. "I was just trying to find my friend. Why did I have to bump into you?"

Jae's eyes now showed just a slight bit of sympathy. "Is she lost in that crowd over there?"

"Yeah," Hana cried. "What of it?! Why do you care?"

"I don't. I was just asking,"Jae shrugged. In truth, Jae did feel bad for Hana, and he didn't mean to come off as a jerk, but as she had angered him, he would not let her know that.

"You're so mean! You know, I almost thought you were kind of handsome - but you're honestly way too tall like a bean pole and super skinny - you must not have any muscles at all, and do you comb your hair? What's with those glasses, too?" Hana ranted.

"Hey! That's so rude!" Jae shouted back.

"You know what, you remind me of someone, I just can't put my finger on it..." Hana said. She thought for a moment before swiftly pointing up at his face. "That's it! You look like Chicken Little!"

Jae's face became red with anger. "Oh, yeah?! And you look like a future cat lady!"

Hana gasped. "You take that back!"

"No way! And good-bye! I hope I never see a crazy girl like you ever again."

Jae turned and walked away. As he did, Hana's phone began to ring. It was Shannon calling. Hana turned to look back at Jae just as he had turned a corner. She sighed, and picked up her phone, which had remained on the ground throughout her whole argument with Jae. "Shannon!" Hana cried. "Where are you?"

"Where are YOU, Hana?" Shannon responded. "I've been looking all over for you. The Rose is about to go on. I'm towards the front of the crowd - make your way towards Sammy when he comes out, and that's where I'll head to too." 

"Okay!" Hana exclaimed, running over to the crowd.

Just around the corner, Jae stood against the building, ruffling up his hair. "Chicken Little," he scoffed. "Really? I can't believe I let her get the best of me..." But honestly... she was kind of cute... As he thought this, her teary eyed face showed up in his mind, causing his heart to pound. He put his hands on his chest. "Damn, what's wrong with me?"

Jae did not realize it yet, but Hana would be someone who he kept thinking about. He could not help but wonder if Hana found her friend. He wondered if she would be okay. And most of all, he wondered if he would ever see her again. Jae's body seemed to move without his permission, as he found himself back at the doorway of the building where he bumped into Hana. He looked into the crowd. Hana was nowhere in sight. He sighed, and headed towards the back of the building. He too, was at the park to support The Rose. However, with the risk of being caught and recognized as a member of another band, he had to hide behind the building and support from afar. He pulled his hoodie over his head and pulled the strings tight, leaving most of his face covered. Not a moment later Jae felt a tap on his shoulder.

"Is that you, Jae?"

Jae turned around to see his friend, Sammy, member of The Rose. "Yeah, hey Sammy."

"Thanks for coming, man."

"Dude, no problem. Give us a good show. And it wouldn't hurt for you to cover a DAY6 song, you know?"

Sammy laughed. Behind him came his band mates: Dojoon, Jaehyeong, and Hajoon. They smiled and waved at Jae before walking off. "Well I guess I better get going. Can't keep the fans waiting," Sammy winked.

"Alright, see ya, bro," Jae smiled. Sammy returned his smile and the two proceeded to fist bump.

Just moments later, screaming began. Jae chuckled. "I guess that means they're out front already."

Jae could not help but wonder about Hana again. I wonder if she's one of those screamers. He began to laugh as he pictured Hana screaming her lungs out for The Rose. I bet she is... what a dork...

Back in the crowd, Hana made her way towards the front. As soon as she heard screaming coming from all around her, she knew she had to act fast. People would come pushing in all directions, but she was determined to stand close to Sammy and find Shannon. Blocking her face with her arms, she pushed herself between people until she felt an arm grab her. It was Shannon.

"You made it!" Shannon exclaimed. "I was so worried!"

"I was too."

"Well, it's all over now... and so worth it. Look," Shannon smirked. "Look who's less than 10 feet away?"

Hana looked forward to see Sammy, smiling brightly and waving at the crowd. She blushed, realizing he was more handsome in person than in photographs and on television. "Wow, it's really him..."

"Hello, everyone, this is Sammy! The first song we want to play for you guys is one of my favorites... and I bet it's yours too! Can you guess which song that is?!"

Everyone screamed.

"Which song is it?!" Dojoon shouted, hyping up the crowd even more.

Everyone screamed again. "Sorry!!!"

"That's right!" Sammy smiled. "Now enjoy the concert!"

As soon as The Rose began to play, the crowd went silent. Hana's eyes were glued to Sammy. gaped open, throughout the song, and as it came to an end, it seemed that Sammy noticed Hana's face, and he could not help but laugh. Hanna's stare broke as she heard that laughter, and she noticed Sammy made direct eye contact with her. Embarrassed, she covered , to which Sammy shrugged and winked at her, making her heart pound.

"Hana..," Shannon called out. "Did Sammy really just wink at you?!"

"I... I think so..."

Hanna began to tremble.

Shannon's face showed concern. "Hanna, are you okay?"

"I will be," Hanna replied.  "I just need a minute."

The Rose began to play another song. Hana and Shannon watched thoughtfully, while also holding their phones up to take fan cams. After the song ended, Sammy picked up his microphone and tapped it. "I'm so happy to see so many smiling faces," Sammy began. The crowd awed. "We are really happy to be performing this free concert for you guys. We wanted to do this to show you how grateful we are for you. Without you all, we would be nothing. And we have a special treat for you."

The crowd began to scream again.

"Wait for it..." Sammy paused. "We have a special guest!"

Gasping came from all around.

"Jae, come on up here and let's perform a DAY6 song!"

The crowd began to go wild, everyone except for Hana and Shannon. Hana's face went from confused as she saw a hooded figure come up to Sammy, to sour when the hoodie came down and it was him - that guy she had a falling out with not too long ago.

"No...," Hana groaned. "It can't be..."

Shannon looked over curiously. "Can't be what?"

"I ran into that guy earlier... he was such a jerk."

Shannon's eyes widened. "Really?!"

"Then again, if I knew he was in a band, and a friend of Sammy, I guess I would not have reacted the way that I did. Maybe it's my fault after all."

Hana sighed and looked back up at Jae. He had spotted her, and was performing while piercing her with his eyes.

"Hana, I think that guy's trying to kill you with his eyes," Shannon informed her.

"I don't doubt it," Hana responded. "I guess I should apologize. I did say he looked like Chicken Little."

Shannon burst out laughing. "Chicken Little?! Gosh, Hana, that's so mean! But now that you mention it, I can really see the resemblance."

Hana shivered, looking back up at Jae. His eyes were now even more intense. There's no way that he could have heard that... right? Hana's heart began to beat fast. She mouthed the word 'sorry', to which he scoffed and looked away for the first time since he noticed her in the crowd.

After Jae finished performing with The Rose, he looked back at Hana once more. He motioned his head back to the building where Hana bumped into him before walking off. Hana nodded and reluctantly told Shannon she suddenly remembered she had an important errand to run. Shannon was upset but allowed her to go, and so Hana made her way back to the doorway where she ran into Jae - but he was nowhere to be found. Or so Hana thought.

"Chicken Little, huh?"

Hana jumped and turned to see Jae's chest just inches from her face. She looked up to make eye contact with him. "Hey, I said I was sorry, okay?!"

"It didn't sound so sincere," Jae said in a serious tone. "I mean, it looks like you only said sorry because you realized who I am now."

"That's where you're wrong," Hana informed him. "I still don't know who you are."

Jae's eyebrows furrowed. "Whatever!"

"I'm sorry," Hana said, backing away. "Maybe I shouldn't have come. I just wanted to apologize for being so mean earlier. It's not like me. I was just really upset."

"No, that's my line," Jae sighed. "I shouldn't have said you're not ladylike. It wasn't my place. Can I make it up to you?"

Hana let Jae's apology marinate in her mind before answering. "How?"

"I.... I'll take you inside to meet The Rose."

"REALLY?!" Hana exclaimed.

"Yeah, it's no biggie. They're my friends."

"Wow, you really must feel bad, huh?" Hana sighed. "Well, sure, why not."

"Alright, cool... now... can you tell me your name?" Jae blushed, scratching his head. "You never told me your name."

"Oh, right, Hana began, oblivious to Jae's rosy cheeks. "Hana. My name is Yang Hana."

Jae held out his hand. "I'm Park Jaehyung."

Hana reached out her hand and awkwardly shook his. "Okay."

Jae coughed and cleared his throat. "Well, they'll be coming this way in about twenty minutes. Let's go around the corner. We can watch the rest of the concert from afar."

Hana nodded and followed Jae around the building. The rest of the concert felt awkward for Hana, as she stood so close to Jae. He really was tall. He hovered over her by nearly one foot. Soon enough though, the concert ended and The Rose disappeared. After a few minutes, the members, lead by Sammy, appeared in front of Hana.

"Hey, it's you!" Sammy smiled, looking over at Hana. "Sorry I laughed earlier. Your face was too cute."

"C-c-cute?" Hana stuttered. "Sammy, I..."

"Pardon her," Jae interrupted before Hana could make a fool of herself. "This is my.... Hana. She's a huge The Rose fan."

Sammy and Dojoon looked at each other raising eyebrows in accordance.

"Nice to meet you, Hana," Sammy smiled.

"Would you like to have dinner with us?" Dojoon asked.

"Me? Oh, I um... sure," Hana blushed.

Jae's facial expression became serious. Why are they being so nice to her when they only just met her? . Maybe this was a bad idea. She's got the hots for Sammy, clearly. And she's cute enough... maybe he'll like her too. Why does this bother me?

Sammy broke Jae's train of thought. "Jae, you coming, bro?"

"Yeah," Jae sighed. "I'm coming."