Take #1

Eyes on Me, Please
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
~ “Shadow”

~

 

It was the seventy-fifth times someone asked her the same question again and again. Although her face was red in annoyance, Kim Yunji just pressed her lips thin. She was still outside of the safe-haven of his label entertainment building. She couldn’t just curse those ignorant-with-no-class people in front of cameras. She still needed to maintain her images as the chosen national little-sister.

“Is Nayeon-ssi really sick? Can you pass my get-well-soon message to her?”

Yunji closed her eyes for a brief second when another staff of the drama production team asked her the same question even before she answered the previous one. If this was the outcome of her decision of accepting this drama role as the second lead –in which Nayeon was the main lead again, she wouldn’t come to the filming set when Nayeon ditched it because of some flu she caught.

It was so annoying.

Every single person she was encountered always asked her about where Nayeon was or if she was alright.

It wasn’t like Yunji know the answer too, even if they were under the same label, even if they were neighbors, she didn’t give a single care about that chosen national daughter-in-law well-being.

With another –pretending- sad crestfallen face, Yunji shook her head slowly. “I’ve been calling her all day. She didn’t answer my calls, so I don’t know about her condition…” She bit her lower lips while lowered her chin to show a perfect act of a worried friend.

“I’ll be really really grateful if Director-nim could give me an early leave, I need to check on Nayeon eonni…” She added, this time gave the assistant director in front of her a glance before back at observing the dirty soils under her heels.

“Oh! Of course, you can leave first, I’ll tell Director Hong about it, don’t worry… just be with Nayeon-ssi, she’ll get better if her considered sister is by her side” The young director said while nodding his head.

Yunji was mentally rolling her eyes at his words before showing him her grateful smile, a perfect dimple appeared on her cheek.

“Thank you!” She said lastly and then turned around her heels, walked at her van with a wicked smile on her face.

What an idiot.

“Yunji!”

She just put her hairs on one of her shoulders as she stared at her manager, who was approaching her in hurry. She crossed her hands over her chest, waiting for the foreign man with a bored face.

“The filming doesn’t finish yet, but the assistant director said you’ll go home early?” her manager asked immediately as soon as he was standing in front of her. His hairs were in a mess and that disgusting yellow tracksuit made her nose twitched in distaste. Manager Wang was a twenty-five years old man with a really bad taste in fashion. But, for the last two-years, she just didn’t have a good enough reason to complain to the management so they’ll replace him with someone else who is more fashionable. She just really really disliked the things he filled his cupboards with, it was just so extra for her liking.

“A sick neighbor was a perfect excuse to go off work early” She answered lightheartedly, pointed her chin at the van while tapping her fingers on the side of her arm in a hasty manner. She really wanted to just go home early, spending two hours long shower and eating a nice home-cooking dinner before ending this day with eight hours beauty sleep.

“Then, you remember that we have a company dinner tonight, right?” Jackson Wang reminded lightly, opened the van before a small chuckle left out from his lips when he saw Yunji stunned expression.

“ing goodness, I forgot” the young girl cursed under her breath, opened the van door in annoyed. She ruffled her hairs in frustration as soon as the black-tinted glass protected her from the outside world, out of the camera.

“Can I skip?” She hopefully asked at Jackson, the man just spared her a glance before shaking his head with a loud laugh.

“Nope!”

Yunji just sulked in her seat throughout the way to her apartment.

Well, at least she had three extra hours until she has to play pretend again.

~

 

Just like every company dinners in the past –which she attended monthly, nothing really changed. Her tablemates were still those trio group whom all of the members were Japanese, her eccentric manager Jackson Wang, her crush Park Jinyoung, the everyone favorite Im Nayeon and her manager, although this time those two seats were empty.

Yunji just played with the straw of her strawberry juice absentmindedly, not really bothered by those two absent people, albeit all of the people at her table were talking about them. She just wasn’t in the mood to engage in their conversations, nothing unusual with that.

“Are you okay, Yunji-ya?”

The youngest in the table lifted up her chin straightaway when she heard that gentle voice from across the table. She was unable to come out an answer right away when her eyes met with his sparkling ones. Her heartbeats fastened, a normal effect she felt when Park Jinyoung gave her a little of his attention.

She her lower lips, this crush needed to come to an end.

“..Of course, I’m okay. Why are you asking me Oppa?” Yunji asked, perfectly masked her short moment of flustering with a cute chuckle and wide smiles.

“Nothing, Nayeon just texted me, it seems like most of the residents of your apartment building caught a really bad flu, she was worried if you caught it too”

Those, broke her little heart a bit, and nothing unusual with that.

“Of course I’m okay, I’m not as weak as you and eonni think, don’t worry!” She winked, didn’t show any sight of irritation that she was truly felt, although she tightened her grip on her glass unnoticeably.

Just when the damn waiter would come and brought the damn foods over so she can eat and then go home, back at the comfort of her bed soon.

“Right! I told her that, but she’s just spamming my phone with all those questions about your well-being, such a worrywart”

Yunji chuckled loudly, even if none really noticed her discomfort, she just pressed her discomfort down somewhere in her storage of patients. “She’s always like that”

“Nayeon eonni is really an angel. She is sick, but still has a mind to worry ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter