Lyrics

Misunderstanding

Changbin looks up. “Is this okay?” He sees Felix staring. “Felix?! Do you like these lyrics?” Felix breaks from his trance “wha… what?...” his face looks flustered “YA! HAVE YOU EVEN BEEN LISTENING TO ME?” Changbin playfully hits felix’s shoulder as he laughs. Felix’s lips corner up a little in a painful smile. “I asked if you like these lyrics”. “yeah they are good” Felix answers in a whisper. “what’s up with you man?” a slight look of worry crosses Changbin’s face. Someone knocks on the door. Chan slowly opens it… “are you guys almost done here? I need those lyrics.”

“Yeah” Changbin says irritated because of the lack of reaction from Felix. He walks to the door handing the paper over to Chan as he walks out. “uhm, thanks mate.” He calls after Changbin as he walks down the hall. Changbin waves up his hand as he disappears around the corner. “Did I interrupt something?” Chan turns to Felix now. He shakes his head. “you look off” Chan says more as a statement than a question. Felix gets up and leaves the room. ‘what the hell is going on between those two’ Chan wonders to himself as he watches Felix disappear.

 

---

 

Not much later Chan walks into the training room. All the other members are sitting on the ground drinking some coke and happily chatting. Jisung is laughing about something Woojin said Changbin sitting beside them smiling. Felix is sitting on the other side with Hyunjin. Seungmin is goofing around with Jeongin. Minho is sitting on his own silently looking at some video’s.

Chan walks to Changbin “I liked the lyrics you wrote” he says as he drops down on the floor next to Woojin. Jisung’s attention shifts from Woojin to Changbin. “what did you write about?” he asks excited. Chan notices Felix looking their way. “oh just some stuff.” Changbin replies. “some stuff?” Jisung pokes around still curious. Changbin had never been this closed about these things before.

Jisung throws an arm around Changbin’s shoulder pouts and asks again “what did you write about?” “you’ll find out when we record it!” he replies trying to play it off as playful but the irritation shows. Not sure why he had not just answered the question in the first place. Maybe the lyrics are just too personal and he doesn’t want any follow up questions or because felix’s reaction, or lack of reaction better said, to the lyrics earlier. Either way he did not want to talk about them now.

Feeling the mood in the training room die out fast Chan calls the boys together. “Let’s practice…” he suggests “… and how about movie night tonight?” he hears approving sounds coming from the boys as they make room and start getting in position.

 

---

 

Jisung runs into the dorm and let his body fall on the couch “I’m exhausted” he screams to no one in peculiar. The other members slowly walk in after him each of them starving and tired “I’ll order chicken” Woojin says as he walks into the kitchen. Minho walks to the couch, lifts up Jisung’s legs to make some room for him. Jisung lets his legs fall on his lap as soon as Minho sits down. The other boys find their own spots to sit.

Chan grabs the remote control and starts up Netflix. “What do you want to watch?” everyone mumble some movie titles. Chan goes to the search menu, types the only title he could decipher from the mumbles and presses play. Woojin walks back in from the kitchen scanning the room “Felix, aren’t you going to watch with us?” he asks as soon as he notices Felix standing back against the wall. Felix shakes his head “I’m tired, I think I’m just gonna go to sleep.” Woojin stares after Felix while he walks into his room.

Woojin sits down next to Chan and whispers “did something happen? he doesn’t seem like his usual self” Chan lifts his shoulders “I don’t know he seemed off all day, I think something happened between him and Changbin. Both of them were tense all day.”

Chan looks for Changbin. Finding him on the couch behind him. He taps Changbin’s foot to get his attention. He looks at him questioning. Changbin shakes his head in reply, moving his focus back on the movie. Chan taps his foot more urgent this time. Changbin looks at him with an irritated expression. Chan points at Felix’s room as to asking ‘shouldn’t you go check on him?’. Changbin replies with a face that says ‘why me?!’ Chan scoffs at him. They stare at each other like that for a minute then Changbin gives up.

 Changbin slowly gets up not really feeling like doing this after what happened this morning. Still not quite sure why it set him off so much, it just did… The other boys complain when Changbin walks in front of the screen. Which made him feel even more annoyed. Why did he have to go talk to him?! He silently cursus at Chan for making him do this.

Changbin softly knocks on Felix’s door before he walks in. He finds Felix laying on his bed, headphones on his head, blasting his music. He probably didn’t even notice him come in. Changbin sighs and actually feels bad, Felix clearly wasn’t feeling well today and he didn’t really help. The elder drops down on the bed next to Felix and gives him a painful smile. Felix jumps. Quickly removing his headphones. Changbin can’t help but laugh at him, neither can Felix hold in a smile. “Hey, the hyungs are worried about you” Changbin says when Felix recollects himself.

“Oh…” he replies not hiding the disappointment. “Also I’m worried about you” Changbin quickly adds. “What’s with you today? You weren’t your usual self.” “I thought…” Felix takes in a deep breath “…I felt like I annoyed you this morning. I didn’t want to make it worse.” Changbin can’t help but laugh at this statement “You never annoy me”. They look at each other in silence for a moment. “Why weren’t you listening though?” Changbin asks eventually. “Oh… it was nothing” Felix replies hesitantly. Changbin looks at him with a look that says ‘yeah right’.

Felix sees the disbelieve in Binnie’s expression. Felix’s face slowly turns red “okay I’ll tell you… but really it’s stupid.” Changbin signs at him to go on. “It’s…” Felix sighs heavily “… it’s just, I got overwhelmed by your voice and you look so passionate while rapping and I love the way you look while doing that and…” Felix’s face turns an even brighter shade of red if that was possible. His voice turns small as he continuous “… and I forgot to listen to the actual lyrics…” He looks down at his hands not sure how to position himself.  “you know my Korean isn’t that good yet” he ends in a whisper almost too soft for Changbin to hear.

He pulls the younger into a hug and can’t keep himself from bursting out in a laugh. “It’s nothing for you to suddenly become shy like this” Changbin notes. A smile grows on Felix’s face “It’s because I like you” he softly says and as soon as the words left his lips he felt a weight lift of his shoulders. This time Changbin is flustered. “you like me?” He pulls away from Felix far enough to look at his face. Felix nods. “Those lyrics… I wrote them thinking about you” Changbin softly says. “I hoped you caught that and maybe I was a little disappointed you didn’t” Now it’s Felix’s turn to look flustered. “What I’m saying is I like you too.” Felix throws himself in Changbin’s arms, they sit in silence like that for a while. “Now, let’s get some of that chicken! I’m starving” Changbin says as he grabs Felix’s hand and drags him along into the living room.