|dignity|

Husband of Pride || Jikook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook fidgeted nervously in his seat. He glanced anxiously around him.

It'd been nearly half a year since he took his spouse out of their house for the first time since their marriage. And even though nothing in the media had been mentioned—probably due to the fact everyone thought Jimin was really a woman, therefore assuming the man with Jungkook now was just a friend— Jungkook was still nervous. He tried to come off as if he were having fun, and quite honestly he was, but he was just too prideful to not think of how this would affect his reputation.

For the first several weeks of releasing Jimin of his confinement, everything was going so smoothly. Perhaps a little too much so. But, slowly as time advanced, Jimin stopped attacking Jungkook with kitchen tools and even start acting loving towards the younger. And now here, at the restaurant they were eating at, Jimin's hand was coming from across the booth's table to curl around Jungkook's own. His foot would brush up Jungkook's leg every once in a while.

Jungkook sighed and set down his phone and looked at his spouse. "Is there something you need?" Even though Jungkook was nervous being seen so flirtatious with a man, he allowed himself to hold Jimin's waiting hand.

Jimin, leaning his head on his unoccupied fist, flashed his signature eye smile, gazing at Jungkook dreamily. It was almost as if Jungkook were watching a young schoolgirl with a crush.

"Nope," Jimin replied. "Nothing, I'm good."

"Why do you keep touching me?" Jungkook asked.

Jimin laughed and stuck out his tongue. "Damn, can I not touch the man I love?"

Jungkook's eyes widened. "What?"

Jimin's smile fell into a pout, and he pulled his brows together childishly. "Have you seriously not picked up on that? You've been so loving to me recently, and you're already my husband, so why not?"

"You say it as if our one-night stand never happened," Jungkook pointed out with a frown. "Didn't you tell me you'd never love me after that?"

"More like several-night stands," Jimin mused to himself. He lifted his head upright to wave his hand dismissively. "I was being dramatic; I didn't even know you back then. And besides, that was years ago."

Jungkook chuckled, recalling how he'd supposedly broken Jimin's heart after rejecting Jimin's feelings. The way Jimin had been so flustered when he confessed his love for Jungkook was just so cute, but at the time Jungkook felt nothing for Jimin. But if that was then, how did Jungkook feel about his spouse now?

"Do you love me?" Jimin asked, pulling Jungkook from his thoughts. "Or do you just like to watch me dance?"

Jungkook swallowed down his smile. Ever since Jungkook had caught Jimin dancing that one time, Jungkook would ask his spouse to dance for him whenever he felt stressed. Watching the way Jimin twisted and twirled to the beat of the music playing was always relaxing for Jungkook, and quite beautiful to watch (especially if a ier song was playing, giving Jimin's body a more look as he danced to it).

"Oh, never mind." Jimin pulled away his hand from over Jungkook's and used his fingers to twirl his hair, which was pulled apart and curled into small sections, making it look like noodles were sitting on Jimin's crown.

As the two sat in silence, their food was brought to them and they chewed politely and said nothing further. It felt awkward. Jungkook knew he had to say something, but he figured he made Jimin feel bad by not answering in time. So what could he say to reassure the other?

"Hey, Jimin?" Jungkook asked.

"Hm?" Jimin hummed. His finger swirled around in his cup, spinning the ice cubes, but he popped his finger in his mouth when Jungkook called him, on his finger.

Jungkook his lips, watching his spouse's pink lips wrap around his finger, his cheeks caving in as he . Jungkook swallowed and looked away for a moment, collecting his thoughts. Jimin'd been doing this a lot lately; teasing Jungkook with sensual moves. However, if Jimin was aware of his provoking or not was unknown to Jungkook.

"Do you want a divorce?" Jungkook finally asked, his attention suddenly perked by an interesting stain on his napkin.

Jimin's mouth dropped open and his hand fell to the table, smacking a fork and causing it to clatter to the floor. Jungkook flinched as he felt attention attracting to them from the other tables. Jimin's brows pulled over his eyes, showing his clear displeasure.

"Excuse me?" Jimin's voice broke at the second word. He made a move as if to grab the knife but froze before he did. "You..." Jimin leant in, his head tilted in confusion. "You're asking me that? After I just told you I love you? How— How could you say that to me?"

Jungkook looked up in alarm and watched Jimin's face flush pink and his eyes turn watery.

"I—I didn't mean anything by it!" Jungkook immediately went to his own defence. He kept his voice lowered, hoping the other people in the restaurant would go back to their meals.

"No, I get," Jimin growled. He shook his head, biting his lip and looking around in disbelief. "God, I'm so stupid. I'm just your wife because my parents wouldn't sponsor yours unless I married you. I forgot I'm someone you used to lock away because you were embarrassed by me." Jimin stood up, Jungkook watching with his mouth agape and his eyebrows pulled back.

Jimin's voice was just above a whisper, shaking as he forced himself to get out, "I'll go home."

Jungkook could only nod as he felt shame fill him. For once, he wasn't even focusing on the people watching the scene unfold. He was only focused on his spouse... No, his husband walking away from him.

* * *

Jungkook drove fast, his hands turning white as he gripped the steering wheel. His face was overcome with panic and sadness. In his left clutch, along with the wheel, were law papers.

Papers of divorce.

Jungkook pressed down on the pedal at his feet, speeding past the yellow light that was threatening to change red. At least five horns blared after him, and he received several middle fingers, but he didn't care as he flew past them. He was determined to get to this destination before time was up. Because in the passenger seat next to him, was a letter from Jimin.

Dear Jungkook,

I'm sorry for the way I bound you to me. All those years ago, the way I claimed you as my first and used that as an excuse to see you over and over again. The only reason I gave my body to you that first night was because I thought I loved you. The only reason I continued to do it after that was for the same reason (and you made me feel really good, let's be honest).

I'm sorry that you had to choose between me and three other women for marriage in order for your family's business to survive.

I'm sorry for being a man, making you embarrassed of me and hiding me away in your house for months on end.

I'm sorry you were scared to take me out in public.

But I still love you. Jungkook, I release you. My parents have already sealed the deal and the money's been transferred, so now I can relieve you of your debt to me.

Sign the divorce papers and mail them to the address I have listed at the bottom of these papers, and you'll be free.

My brother and I are going to America together to study dance and pop culture, so you won't have to see me again after this; you can move on. The plane leaves at March 16th at two in morning, so count the minutes to your releasing of me.

Are you excited?

Signed, Jimin.

Jungkook had checked his watch once he'd finished reading the letter and noticed that Jimin was leaving in three hours. Blin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter