Final.

An Invitation to Wonderland

"Have you done your homework?"

"I have"

"How was the test?"

"Fine. I got straight A's again"

These are the questions Chenle always gets after school.Zhong Chenle is a clever 17 year old boy.He was an only child of a doctor and a lawyer.You would call him a perfect student and a teacher's pet.Since his parents have been successful people,he is always told to be the best in academics.And he is.

Chenle went straight to his room to study after greeting his parents.He sat down at his desk and opened the text book to read.After a while,he got bored, his feet aching to move so he decided to go for a walk.

Whenever he was feeling down,there was one place Chenle would always go to, the woods near his home.He would lay down under a random tree and watch the leaves fall and the hear the birds chirping.

Suddenly,he heard rustling from a nearby bush. The startled boy shot up at the sound.

"Who's there?"

A figure stepped away from the bush revealing an older looking boy wearing a red coat on top of a white dress shirt and black trousers. The boy had jet black hair and was smiling at the other.

"Hello,my name's Renjun.I've been looking for you, Zhong Chenle."

Chenle tilts his head in confusion.

"How do you know me? Have we met?"

The boy-Renjun smiles and walks closer to the younger.

"No,but I've been given orders to deliver this to you"

Renjun fished out a letter with a red heart shaped seal and gives it to him.Chenle examines it curiously before opening it.It reads:

Greetings,

You are invited to the Royal Highness, Prince of Hearts birthday party. The party will be held at the Castle of Hearts in Wonderland tonight.We look forward to your presence.

Thank you

​​​​"What? Prince of Hearts? Wonderland?",Chenle looks at Renjun for answers but the older just smiled apologetically.

"I'll explain later but now we have to hurry.There's not much time"

Renjun took Chenle's hand and started running, dragging the younger with him. The latter wanted to ask where they were going but thought the former won't hear him if he's mumbling ''we're late, we're late, we're late" repeatedly.Only stopping to look at his watch then running again deeper into the woods.

The two stopped in front of a giant hole under a tree. The hole looked dark and scary.Chenle shivers.

"Jump"

"What do you mean jump?"

"Wow, you're dumb.Like this."

Before Chenle could comment about the insult he was pushed down the hole.Renjun joining him.

The fall was long and dark.It felt like he was falling down a ten-storey building.Chenle shut his eyes and screamed and screamed...

...

 

"Stop screaming.My ears hurt."

Chenle opened his eyes to realize he was lying on the ground.Renjun was beside him, covering his ears.Chenle got up and looked around.

It was so beautiful. The trees were pink and blue instead of green.The birds letting out orchestra music from their beaks. The flowers had odd shapes.Chenle gawked at the view.

"Wow."

"Pretty huh? Welcome to Wonderland"

Chenle was still looking at the view when he realised,

"Wait, weren't we falling down just now?"

"Oh we were.Now come on,there not much time."

Renjun took Chenle's hand and started walking.After a while, the two arrived at some kind of cottage.In front of it was a long table fit for 20 people filled with all kinds of desserts and pastries.But strangely,there was only one guy sitting at the table, dining happily.Renjun approached him.

"Lucas hyung?"

The guy looks up at the mention of his name.He looks at Renjun and smiled widely.

"Finally you're here. I thought you would never arrived.I see you brought a friend.",his eyes travelled to Chenle.

"This is Chenle.Chenle, this is Lucas.He's a bit mad.

"Why thank you,Renjun.Now would you two like some tea?"

"Yes, please"

While they were eating, Lucas looks at them interestingly.

"It's so nice watching my young guests enjoying the pastries I made.You know at this time a song is in my head.

Underneath the sunlight, so what? we hot we young.   Don't worry,so what? we hot we young."

Chenle gazes at Lucas weirdly but then Renjun told him that Lucas is naturally like this so he continues eating.Lucas had already sang the same song repeatedly when Renjun called him.

"Hyung,can I use your toilet?"

"Be with me today, sure it's beside the kitchen, it'll be alright"

Renjun got up and went to the cottage while Chenle was drinking his tea.

"Sorry I'm late."

Chenle turned to the owner of the voice beside him.It was a boy.Maybe younger than him with blonde hair.The boy sat beside him, reaching for a cupcake on one of the plates.

"Jisung-ah, you came!"

The boy-Jisung smirked and turned to Chenle.His eyes sparkled.

"You must be new here.I'm Jisung."

"Chenle"

"So,Chenle what brings you to Wonderland?", Jisung asked while still eating his cupcake.

"I don't know actually.I'm supposed to go to this prince's birthday party whom I've never met before.",he scowls.

"Maybe he just wants to be friends.I know I want to"

Chenle smiles.He's starting to like this boy.

"Are you coming to party too?", Chenle asked.

"Yup"

"Oh,so you're invited too"

"Nope"

Chenle tilts his head.

"But then how are you going?"

Jisung smiles mischievously.He finished his cupcake and was his fingers like a cat it's paws.

"I have a habit of disappearing and reapearing whenever I like",at this he slowly fades.The older widens his eyes when Jisung was suddenly gone.He looked around the table yet the boy wasn't there.

"Boo!"

"Aah!", Chenle jumped when Jisung suddenly appeared behind him.Jisung just laughed at him.

"Hahaha.It's fun playing with you.But unfortunately I have to go now.I'll see you later Chenle.",he walks to Renjun's seat and eyes the unfinished tea.

"Okay.I'll see you then", Chenle was disappointed that his new friend had to go so soon but he'll see him again later at the event.

Jisung takes a big spoonful of salt and put it into Renjun's tea,stirring it to dissolve.Lucas laughs mischievously at the action.Then the youngest turns to Chenle.

"Good bye",and fades away into thin air.

The door to the cottage swung open revealing Renjun.

"Alright, let's go Chenle.Ew what is this?",he said ,reaching for his cup for a last sip.But his face squirmed when the tea was suddenly very salty.Lucas was laughing so hard at the background.

The two thanked Lucas for the food, the latter still laughing when they left.Then Chenle remembered,

"Renjun-hyung,you haven't told me what's up with the letter yet"

"Oh, that's right I forgot.Apparently the prince had specifically asked me to invite you but he never said why.I'm just following orders here.I actually thought you would know why but I guess not",Renjun shrugs.

"But I don't even know him...", Chenle said more to himself.

They started to talk about anything about themselves and by sundown they  arrived at the castle's main gate.The castle was enormous.The walls were painted red and white and the towers stood tall and proud.A guard that was guarding the front gate opened it when he saw Renjun.

When they were inside the castle,Renjun brought him to the grand ballroom where the party is taking place.The ballroom was magnificent.The floor was made up of marble tiles.The big windows had long curtains covering them.The chandelier was big and decorated with tiny heart shaped crystals.Many people af all ages where there.But the centre of attention of the room was probably the mahogany throne.But what caught Chenle's attention wasn't the furniture but the person sitting on the throne with a crown on his head.

"Jisung?"

Jisung looked at the person calling him.His eyes lit up when he saw that it was Chenle.

"Chenle!"

Renjun looks at both of them,

"Oh so you met."

"We met at Lucas' place.",Chenle said.Jisung opened his mouth to say something but closes it.Renjun glares at Jisung.

"You sneaked out when you were supposed to be getting ready?"

"Busted",Lucas appearing behind them, laughing.

Jisung smiles sheepishly,letting out a soft "sorry" to Renjun.The boy sighs and waves it off.

"Well at least you're here now"

The four of them started talking the night away.Chenle found out Renjun was Jisung's personal butler and childhood friend.Lucas was also their friend which explains why they called the prince by name.He also found out that Jisung had been watching him every time at the forest and wanted to befriend him.He told him since they're also friends now he should also call him Jisung.

Hours later when all the guests had left, Chenle also had to go home.His parents might be worried for being gone the whole day.But he would be lying if he said he's not sad leaving his new friends.Jisung gave him a small vial of clear liquid saying that drinking this would send him back home.

"Am I gonna see you again?", Chenle asked sadly.

"Of course! If you want to come back just find the rabbit hole. I'll be waiting.",Jisung smiled reassuringly.

Chenle gave them all a small smile and opened the vial.

"I'll see you guys soon",he drank the liquid,it made him feel sleepy.He close his eyes and fell asleep.When he woke up,he realised he was lying underneath a tree in the woods.Chenle wondered if all of it was just a dream.But the small empty vial in his hands proved otherwise.He smiled at the vial and got up to go back home.In his head, he's planning to come back again tomorrow.