Ah, love

Bewitched: the Misadventures of Witchy Bangtan

 

Jungkook loves sunshowers. He loves the image of the sun shining bright and reflecting off dewey droplets of water. The way the light rain saturated the world and makes colors deeper while the sun makes them brighter. He loves the rain, but jimin loved the sun. So, sunshower became his favorite type of weather.

 

It was sunshowering that day. Earthy wet scents lingered into Jin’s plant shop. Jimin sat in the window, face upturned and soaking up the sunlight. Soft melodies fell from their lips and drifted through the shop like the afternoon rain. Jungkook smiled as he wiped residual soil from the shop counter. His eyes flitted over to Jimin often, catching sight of green leaves peaking out of their hair or the soft pink petals that never fell from the corner of their eyes. Jimin was special. They was a one of a kind creature, born from a rose and some accidental potion making, but Jungkook could and would never regret it. Jimin added so much to his life (though you'd never hear Jungkook admit that he was smitten).

 

Jimin’s sweet singing was stopped at the ringing of the front door. It was a soft tinkling sound, much like laughter and welcoming embraces. It was a gift from their friend Hoseok, a rather talented wizard (Jin loved it because it encompassed everything he wanted in a welcoming bell). Jungkook looked up to see a familiar face, though he didn't know the man’s name. He came often, searched through the potted paisleys, ambled through the rows of thornberries before wandering up to the counter to ask Jin a random question that would capture the man’s attention for at least 15 minutes.

 

“Good afternoon sir, are you looking for anything in particular?” Jungkook greeted, as was mandated by Jin.

 

The man flinced a bit at being address and shuffled nervously by the front door, “Ah, no...I’m just browsing for the moment.”

 

Jungkook gave him a friendly smile, “Take your time. We have a sale on Aums and organic tonics made inhouse by our botanist.”

 

“Ah, thank you,” the man nodded before clumsily trotting through the store.

 

Jungkook sighed when the man disappeared behind a shelf. He threw his hand towel onto the front desk before skipping over to Jimin and curling himself over the flower.

 

“Stooop, you're heavy,” Jimin whined without malice.

 

Jungkook chuckled and slid down Jimin’s back so that he was sitting behind the rose.

 

“ Ah,” Jungkook winced as one of Jimin’s thorns found purchase on his skin.

 

Jimin turned around with wide eyes and pouting lips, “Did you cut yourself again? Lemme see.”

 

Jungkook smiled and waved him off, “It's fine, just a nick.”

 

Jimin’s pout deepened and their shoulders sagged a bit, “I'm sorry I'm like this…”

 

“I'm not,” Jungkook immediately replied, “Ok, yeah it might not have been on purpose but I wouldn't have made you any other way.”

 

Jungkook wasn't sure how he expected jimin to react but it definitely wasn't big, fat tears pouring down their face.

 

“Kookie!” Jimin shouted as they turned and nearly tackled the young witch, “I love you so much.”

 

Jungkook laughed and gathered the pink rose into his arms, “I love you too, Jiminie.”

 

They were interrupted by a quiet cough and both looked up to see the customer that had come in earlier. His face was a bit flushed and he seemed to be trying to avoid staring at the two, as if he was intruding upon a private moment. Jungkook coughed as well, more so out of embarrassment and quickly untangled himself from Jimin.

 

“A-ah, sorry sir,” Jungkook chuckled slowly, “Is there anything I can help you with?”

 

“W-well, I-I was wondering...if it’s not too much trouble, that is, is the-” the man’s nervous stuttering was cut off by the door opening and the whimsical bell tingling.

 

“Jungkook! Come help me bring these Corlys in please!”Jin shouted as he hauled a large box into the store, too preoccupied with himself to notice the man next to his apprentice.

 

“One second, we have a customer,” Jungkook called back, hoping that Jin would realize that he was much closer than the witch had thought (all the shouting would upset the Sparkweed and he really didn’t want to go through that mess again).

 

Jin looked over his shoulder, arms straining with the large box, and exclaimed at the sight of the man, “Oh! Joonie! What brings you here?”

 

The man, Joonie- by Jin’s mouth, blushed even more and rocked on his feet, “Ah, well-I think I killed the Raskovnik you gave me last week.”

 

“Namjoon!” Jin shouted indignantly, carefully squatting down to put the box down.

 

“I'm sorry, I'm just not compatible with plants!” Namjoon whined back, stepping closer to the witch.

 

Jungkook and Jimin shared a look of confusion as the warlock gave Jin his full attention. Jungkook shrugged before turning back to Jimin and pulling them back into his lap on the windowsill.

 

“ I guess that is to be expected from a warlock; war magic never blends well with earth magic,” Jin sighed, “But again, what am I going to do with you Namjoonie?”

 

“Give me another Raskovnik?” Namjoon asked hopefully.

 

Jin’s exasperated expression fell immediately into a small glare, “No.”

 

Namjoon looked like he was going to protest but Jin cut him off.

 

“Not until I teach you how to properly take care of plants,” Jin sighed, “You're killing more than Jungkook does, Joon.”

 

“ Uh…sorry?” Namjoon smiled sheepishly, rocking on his feet once again.

 

“ When's your next day off from work?” Jin asked, bending over to pick the box up.

 

Namjoon saw and tried to take the box from Jin after he had stood back up. Jin jerked his body away with a frown.

 

“Not after last time,”Jin nearly growled, “But you can open the storeroom door for me.”

 

Namjoon smiled and eagerly followed the witch, trailing behind like a puppy.

 

Jungkook watched them walk away from over Jimin’s shoulder and mumbled into the roses neck, “That was weird…”

 

“ I think it was cute,” Jimin responded with a giggle.

 

“Cute?” Jungkook asked, turning his face so that his nose pressed into the juncture of Jimin’s neck and shoulder (a place where Jungkook gladly found never grew thorns).

 

“It's pretty obvious they like each other,” Jimin stayed and ran their hand through Jungkook's hair.

 

“ Really?” Jungkook mumbled, melting under the rose's soft hand.

 

“Yep,” Jimin laughed.

 

It was quiet for a while save for the sound of the occasion raindrop hitting the window or Namjoon and Jin’s low murmuring in the back.

 

“Kookie?” Jimin suddenly asked.

 

Jungkook hummed in acknowledgement.

 

“Where's Tae?” Jimin asked, shuffling in Jungkook’s grip, “Shouldn't he have come I with Jin?”

 

“ God Dammit, did Jin lock him in the van again?” Jungkook groaned, pulling away from his rose, “Let's go get him.”