That night

Insatiable

 

Her scent drove him mad, mad with lust, so sweet and so sensual. He needed her, he needed to taste her. Their kisses were eager and desperate. A hunger had built up inside of him, he was famished and she was willing to satiate his every need. Their passion drove them out of the club and into an abandoned alley. Their tongues were still fighting for dominance. She had him in a trance, he was unable to control himself. He had hoped to prolong this, to draw it out, to savor it but his body had other ideas. Their careless kissing caused the sharpness of his canine to tear the delicate skin of her bottom lip. He felt the warm liquid flow from the cut onto his tongue. And damn, she tasted glorious, like heaven melting in his mouth. The effects of that one drop were ic. He wanted more… He needed more.

“Ouch! Careful hun” the girl spoke in a southern drawl as she looked at him, beautiful, she thought. Her eyes focused on his sensual mouth, a mouth she was sure had seduced so many other girls like her. She didn’t care. All that mattered was getting her lips back onto those parted plump lips of his. That’s when she noticed it, his teeth. He had unnaturally long and sharp canines. She instinctively stepped back only to meet the cool, hard surface of the brick wall. She looked up at the beautiful man whom she had wanted so badly only a minute ago. His expression had changed from lustful to something ravenous. Her insides began to shake as her body told her to run. It screamed danger at her but her feet was glued to the ground. She felt paralyzed. And in that moment of realization of the monster she was dealing with she saw a smile cross his face, he was enjoying this. And she knew that that was the last thing she would ever see.  

Wonho loved the hunt. Most times he would let his victims go, make them think they had a chance for survival, a chance to get away from the monster. But tonight he couldn’t handle it. Tonight his thirst was too great. His eagerness made him fumble but the look of terror on her face made it all so worth it. He eyed her jugular. It was visibly pulsing. Her heart was pumping twice as fast, twice as hard. Her frightened state just made her look so much more divine. He flashed her a smile that soon turned sinister as his lips curled back, showing the full length of his fangs. He leaned forward and tore into her neck.

Euphoria.

She tasted like everything he thought she would taste like and more. Within minutes her body was lying limp. She was not dead, yet. Her heartbeat was faint. He could hear her heart struggle to pump, to stay alive. He frowned. The moment of euphoria was always so short lived. He hoped to keep his victims alive so he can drink from them for as long as he wanted to but his thirst always got the better of him and it wasn’t any different this time. He drank some more but stopped as he heard the faintest whimper.

Wonho unwillingly tore his fangs away from his victim’s neck and looked towards the sound that was emanating from rubbish bin in the alleyway. It was dark yet his eyes made out the scared little girl crouching by the bin, whimpering, tears staining her plump cheeks. She couldn’t be older than 5. A smirk formed on his blood stained face. “Don’t be afraid little human” Wonho’s velvety voice echoed down the narrow alley. He abandoned his victim who was unconscious, he could still hear her heartbeat, it was fainter than earlier but she was alive. He never leaves his victims alive but it’s not like she’s going anywhere he thought. With blood dripping down the side of his mouth, he made his way towards the little girl. His movements were careful, cautious; he didn’t want her to scream. Yet his attempts were futile since his face rivaled the devil, his pearly white fangs were visible from his parted lips, the ends were dipped in blood that slid down his chin, dripping onto his white shirt. He looked worse than any monster the child’s imagination could conjure up. Her face was pure terror.

The little girl gathered up her courage and ran, ran as fast as her legs could take her. Oh how he loved it when they ran. Unfortunately for her she only ran further into the alley, reaching a dead end. Not that it mattered since he could outrun her without even using the speed gifted by the devil.

“There, there little human… I don’t want to hurt you” Wonho had his hands raised as if showing he meant no harm. He inspected the girl. She was poorly dressed, clothes dirty and torn in places, she clutched a little brown teddy that had seen better days. He was confident that she was a homeless orphan wondering the street, no doubt scavenging for food, oblivious to the fact that she might be food. There was no one to care for her… and no one to notice that she’s gone. He smiled.

Wonho belonged to a society of monsters conveniently called Monsta X. Whether he liked it or not, he belonged there. This underground society had rules. One of them was “Never attack a minor”.

But everyone knew the little ones, they were the tastiest of them all. Rumors about that rule floated around, people said its banned because drinking the blood of a child brought upon an insatiable bloodlust. He thought this rumor was nonsense, vampires were thirsty creatures after all. He thought it was just a lie created by the elders so that they can have the tasty ones all to themselves.

He took a deep breath. Her scent filled his lungs, she was a mix of sweetness and fear. Just the concoction he loved, he began to salivate. A hunger that was on the verge of being satiated had started once again. He ached for her. “I just want a little taste” he spoke in a trance like state as he approached the little girl. “Just a drop” a low, primal growl had started in his chest. The little girl, who was now backed up to the brick wall with no openings to escape, started to scream but he pounced on her before a sound could escape her lips.

The southern girl he ate earlier was divine but this, this was heavenly. Her blood had the effects of pure satisfaction. His eyes rolled to the back of his head as he drank in pure ecstasy. It was blissful. And it was over in a couple of seconds. He harder, he needed more, his thirst was not quenched. But she was dry and silent. Not even a faint beating of her heart could be heard.

He threw the dead girl aside and wiped his lips with the back of his hand. He his hand clean, savoring the last bits of his scrumptious meal. He woke up with a sigh as he looked at the discarded girls lying on the floor. Both were dead, one was drained and the other had succumbed to her wounds. Time to clean up he thought.

The alley was soulless. He was in the clear. All that was left was to clear his tracks. He picked the girls up one by one and tossed them into the boot of his car. He drove to a clearing and dug out a grave. It was six feet deep - effortlessly dug with his super human strength. He dumped the bodies as well as his ruined shirt, covered it all up and got back onto the road.

He felt glorious with little human blood pumping through his veins. His hunger was satisfied. He got way more than he bargained for this evening. So much for that stupid rumor he thought. He proceeded to go home and go back to being an upstanding citizen of the human world.

He entered his loft. His movements were as silent as a cat as to not wake up his sleeping beauty. He proceeded to have a steaming hot shower. He felt the hot water wash away his sins and help him calm himself down from his high. Once he felt like it was ok to step back into the world as a “human” man he stepped out of the shower and changed into his boxers, slipping on his wedding band in the process. He crawled into bed and snuggled against his human wife. He instinctively breathed her in. And a hunger that was quelled had started once more…