Some People Are Worth Melting For

some people are worth melting for

Xuan yi had been working for the SMPA or Seoul Police Force for 5 years.  She already had a good position amidst her colleagues and she had worked hard for it, even twice as hard as she was of foreign descent. She grew not to care about the degrading comments she received daily, either because of her gender or her nationality, and proved everyone her worth.

 

She recently had gotten promoted to the rank of superintendent and was more than proud of it, but it would be even better if she had actual things to do.

 

Indeed, Seoul had been somehow quiet these days and the police hadn’t really had to deal with anything major for a while.

 

“ this, man, I didn’t join the police force for this, why do I not have a thing to do these days? I’m ing jobless is what I am” she complained to Jiyeon, high school friend and now colleague.

 

“Language” Jiyeon replied jokingly. “It’s the same for all of us, and you know damn well that you have a higher priority when it comes to cases because of your rank, so imagine what I am going through”

 

“Fair enough” Xuan yi sighed. She took another sip of her now cold black coffee and stood up. “Gotta go check my latest emails and stuff” she said sarcastically “I’ll be in my office” .


 

Xuan yi closed the door of her brand new office and sat, or rather sinked in her chair, giving her computer screen a sad smile. She was about to fall asleep when her phone surprisingly started ringing. It hadn’t in a few weeks so Xuan yi was taken aback but quickly regained her senses and picked up the incoming call.

 

“hello ?”

 

“Miss Wu?”

 

“Oh Mr. Kim!”

 

“Yes. So, there is an unidentified individual causing trouble around gangnam-gu, and I was going to ask Mr. Lee to take care of it but he’s currently on sick leave so I was wondering if you could take care of it. Actually it is an order. I need this resolved, and quick”

 

“Yes sir, I will be departing the precinct immediately, consider it taken care of”

 

She hanged up. Ugh. Why was she given this rookie job, it was simply a waste of time.

“better than nothing” she muttered under her breath

 

She grabbed her coat and made her way to the parking lot and hopped into her car. Let’s do this.

Xuan yi called Jiyeon on the way so she could give her information on the individual’s surrounding to get there as quickly as possible.

 

“Jiyeon can you believe they asked me? Mr. Kim could have chosen anyone else, I mean Lim Dayoung arrived last month, couldn’t he ask her?”

 

“uh... she got into trouble for jeopardising her first mission so she’s sticking to paperwork for now”

 

“God dammit”

 

Soon enough, Xuan yi arrived in gangnam-gu, not too far away from the starfield coex mall where her target was located. She left her car in a less crowded area and started walking there quickly.

 

A few minutes later she could hear screams and loud noises coming from inside the mall as well as a large crowd surrounding the area.

 

sigh

 

“Police !” “make way !” “Yes I am a police officer.” “Excuse me!” She kept shouting these words trying to get through the crowd. And to think she could be taking a nap right now. Mr. Kim.

 

She was finally inside the mall and squinted trying to locate the “unidentified individual”.

She finally saw a woman of approximately 5’4, brandishing what looked like a (plastic) wand and screaming at anything or anyone that would walk past her. She was wearing a … dress ? Xuan Yi couldn’t really tell from afar but it looked like those ridiculous princess gowns her dad used to buy her. Either way, she seemed pretty harmless, just annoying and maybe a bit crazy but she had dealt with this kind of people a lot in her first few years. It’ll all be over in a few minutes.

 

Xuan Yi had an advantage which was that the woman currently had her back turned to her, meaning she could easily grab her by surprise if she acted fast enough.

 

She quickly rushed to the woman, grabbing her by behind, and putting both of her arms against her back, quickly turning her around so she could her out.

 

“Feeling less confident now uh? Please fo-”

 

what?

 

Xuan yi paused and looked at the woman’s face in horror. They had the same facial features. And she wasn’t talking about simple similarities. She meant exact twins. The same moles, the same face shape, eyes, lips, everything.

 

“okay now what the ” she whispered to herself

 

She massaged her left temple with her free hand. This was supposed to be a good day, not the day she’d figuratively chokeslam and handcuff herself.

 

She finally looked at the person she just arrested.

 

The woman was looking at her wide eyed, drooling and munching on a piece of her own hair

 

nope, definitely not the same person, xuan yi thought to herself

 

“Who are you? What’s your name?” she asked the woman

 

“Wu... Xuan... Yi…” she said slowly, still munching on her hair

 

No, that wasn’t possible, there’s no way another person, especially this one, not only looked like her but also had the exact same name

Xuan yi started feeling dizzy, her head spinning, the woman’s voice ringing in her head.

 

“Wu... Xuan... Yi…Wu... Xuan... Yi…Wu... Xuan... Yi…Wu... Xuan... Yi…Wu... Xuan... Yi…”

 

again and again and again

 

spinning and spinning and spinning

 

“make it stop.” “MAKE IT STOP” Xuan yi was screaming in vain.

 

it was too late, the crowd was laughing and the woman’s head was growing bigger and bigger.

 

soon it’ll explode and xuan yi will have to clean up the mess, she hoped jiyeon would help her.

 

but jiyeon was in the crowd laughing, and her head was inflating too.

 

she will have to clean up the mess

 

the mall was starting to be flooded

 

and xuan yi will have to clean up

 

she was screaming but

 

no one was listening

 

Wu... Xuan... Yi…

Wu... Xuan... Yi…

Wu... Xuan... Yi…

Wu... Xuan... Yi…

Wu... Xuan... Yi…

Wu... Xuan... Yi…

Wu... Xuan... Yi…

 

the woman’s head was growing bigger and soon it’ll break the mall’s ceiling

her skin was stretching and melting and dripping on the floor

and everyone was laughing

Jiyeon too

 

Wu... Xuan... Yi…

Wu... Xuan... Yi…

Wu... Xuan... Yi…

Wu... Xuan... Yi…

Wu... Xuan... Yi…

Wu... Xuan... Yi…

 

oh no.

 

it exploded.