End

The Abandoned Apartment029

"Come on, we're gonna get caught!" Bobby dragged Tiffany into an empty alleyway, gasping for breaths as they both slouched their body exhausted beyond capacity. "Where's Jessica?" Tiffany managed to breath out, face pale and lips white. "I don't know, maybe she got out in time?" Tiffany's entire body was shaking as she slowly crouched down into a squat. "We shouldn't have gone in there!" Tiffany grabbed a handful of her hair, clutching it to the point of pulling it off. "I-im sure Jessica is fine! We should just-" Before Bobby could finish his sentence, a hand covered with blood grabbed him on his shoulder. A high shriek could be heard all around the alleyway, heck maybe the whole neighbourhood. "Shut up you idiot!" Jessica covered his mouth, her eyes widened menacingly. Tiffany embraced Jessica like her life depended on it.

"Jessica, you're alive! How did you-" 

"Never mind that Fany, we need to hide now." 

Jessica took hold of Tiffany's hands and ran further into the dark alleyway, Bobby tailing behind them with a blush on his face. They ran all the way to the other side, hoping to bump into another person but instead they bumped into a dark silhouette. Jessica yelped, Tiffany started weaping and Bobby, well Bobby ran screaming. The silhouette breathed out cold air, staring at the two girls with its rageful red eyes. It drew closer to them and at that point, they both could see its wicked grin and its bloody torso. "Who entered?" The girls flinched at the cold, hard voice, piercing into their eardrums. "We-we d-didnt mean t-to, we're sorry!" Tiffany whimpered, clutching onto Jessica's arm. Jessica held onto Tiffany, not daring to look at the thing. "Those who come in, is not permitted to come out." It raised its bony claws, the two frightened girls could only hold each other, crying their eyes out and spewing 'I love yous'. It lunged forward at them with its mouth wide open as blood drips off the corner of its mouth. 

20 years later

"Seulgi!" Seulgi turned to look at her best friend since childhood, judging her silently with a look of disapproval. Seulgi ignores her and continues eating her 8th ramen cup noodle of the day. "Kang Seulgi, you stop eating that right now." Wendy warned sternly, mimicking a mother by putting her hands on her waist. Seulgi whined and turned away from her, munching on her noodles happily. "You're gonna give me the cup right now or I will make Sooyoung and Yeri take whats left of your pringles stash." Wendy put out her hand, waiting for Seulgi to hand her the cup, giving her a glare. Seulgi paused at that and groaned, pouting as she handed over her ramen to her bully of a best friend. "But Wannie~ I'm hungry~" Seulgi launched herself onto her best friend dramatically as if she was dying of hunger. Wendy only swatted her best friend away and threw what's left of the noodles into the trash can. "Do you know how unhealthy it is to eat that much noodles?" Wendy shook her head dissapointingly. She walked over to the fridge and took out a salad she bought the other day. "How about a salad, Seul?" Wendy opened up the transparent plastic box, setting the salad on a plate. "I'd rather eat the food Yeri makes than eat a salad." Seulgi deadpans stated. Wendy rolled her eyes at her statement and chewed away on the salad.

"Yeri's food gave you an indigestion last time."

"And I would go through it all again than eat a leaf"

"It's not a leaf!"

~

Seulgi is doing her assignment in the library of her university when Joy and Yeri shows up, looking all excited about some piece of paper that they seem to be fighting to hold. Once they managed to seat themselves on the table where Seulgi is sitting, they stared somewhat boring holes with their eyes onto Seulgi's skull. "Okay satans, what sacrifice are you plotting now?" Seulgi leaned her head on her hand, tiredly waiting for the two satans to spill another one of their crazy ideas. "Have you heard of the disapearance of the two girls years ago when we were kids?" Joy asked, leaning closer to Seulgi, wriggling her eyebrows. Seulgi sighed and closed her laptop, moving it to the side. "Yes, what of it Sooyoung?" Seulgi looked back at Joy, already uninterested. "What if I told you, we found a piece of the story in one of those old newspapers that was hidden in the Storage room?" Joy smirked, raising her eyebrows up continuously. Seulgi shook her head and turned to Yeri. "Why do you hang around with this loser?" Yeri chuckled when Joy smacked Seulgi's arm.

"Same reason why Wendy puts up with your sorry ." Seulgi gasps as she places her hand over but then shrugs it off. "That's true." The girls cackles out loud until the librarian comes over to scold them for making too much noise. The girls apologized and decided to continue their talk in Seulgi and Wendys' shared dorm. 

~

"Absolutely not." Wendy turned down their idea the moment she understood where it was going. "Aw come on, Wendy! It'll be fun!" Yeri tried to convince Wendy by using her lethal cute pouty face. However, Wendy wasn't letting up anytime soon. "No way, you know what happened to those girls! We could end up like that too!" Wendy sternly warned. "Seulgi, please tell me you're not in on this too." Wendy pleaded, sitting down next to Seulgi on the couch. "It's madness! No one in their right mind would try this! Seulgi please, reason with them!" Wendy looked at Seulgi expectantly. Seulgi started to sweat nervously at the expectation radiating off on Wendy. "I-i don't know, Wannie. It sounds pretty interesting." Seulgi stuttered out, and at the death glare she received from her best friend, she knew she was going to die. "L-let's just take a peek tomorrow night. We just look from the outside and when we see there's nothing, we go back. Simple." Seulgi squieked out, moving further away from Wendy as she threw daggers with her glares. She sent desperate looks towards her other two friends, pleading for mercy. They got the hint and gave Wendy loving hugs. "Unnie, you know we love you with all our hearts." Joy flashed her signature smile while snuggling to Wendys' shoulder. "Unnie, you know how much I love ur baking." Yeri coddled to Wendy. "So you just love my baking huh!" Wendy exclaimed, aiming soft punches to Yeri. 

The four friends ended up laying on the ground, staring up on the ceiling. "So the story goes that the two girls along with a boy decided to enter the home of a woman who killed herself in the apartment. The woman had been in a cult and has written on the walls with her blood stating the demon that lurks in there is thirsty for blood. The police however didn't believe such tattletales and brushed the lady off as a mental person. The three kids heard of the story and got curious so they entered the apartment looking for any signs of a demon-" Joy paused, putting the old paper down. "The rest of the words are worned out, but its not like we haven't heard how the story goes right?" The other three nodded their heads, the dorm being eerily quiet. "The boy said he saw the demon eating away on some flesh that seemed to look like the corpse of a woman and at that point the boy had screamed, trying to run out of the apartment but got tripped on the way. He saw his friend, Jessica go towards him at the same time the demon came forth with its wicked grin. In the end, they managed to escape but the demon followed them and took his friends away." Seulgi recalled, looking back to the time when she was young, watching the news on tv as the boy shook immensely and his face as white as sheet. 

"And you still want to go check out that abandoned apartment?" Wendy sighed, getting off the floor to look at her idiotic friends. Joy's eyes lit up at Wendy's question. "That's the thing, unnie." Wendy furrowed her brows at Joy's over enthusiastic excitement. "It itsn't abandoned anymore."

~

Seulgi rubbed her hands together, looking up to the chilly night sky as Wendy walks out to meet her. Before Seulgi could spew any words, Wendy puts up her hand to stop her. "We're only looking from the outside. No knocking, no breaking in, no throwing of any sorts to the apartment and no pictures." Seulgi frowned and whined at Wendy. "Aw Wendy, don't you wanna meet the owner of the house? They've been living there for 4 months~" "And i am sure that whoever lives there is a creep who is also part of a cult." Wendy snarls, already regretting leaving the house. "Seul, please promise me you won't involve yourself with this creep? I just have a bad feeling about this." Seulgi nodded her head animately, muching on her pringles. "Seulgi, what the heck? Where did you hide that?" Wendy tried to snatch the can away but Seulgi was faster. "I can't tell you everything." Seulgi clutched her pringles possessively. 

The two best friends rode the bus to meet up with the satans a few blocks from the haunted apartment. They walked over to the duo when they saw Joy back hugging Yeri who seemed to be complaining about the cold. "Why is it so chilly tonight?" Yeri whined getting closer to the Joy who only squeezed her tighter. "Stop being a baby already." Joy let go of Yeri to give her her coat and continue huging her. "Can you two chill out with your affection? We just got here." Wendy sighed out frustatedly, walking past the two. Seulgi laughed at their red faces, jogging to catch up to Wendy. 

"So here we are, Apartment029." Joy looked over the place with a gleam of excitement in her eyes. "You know, normal people would be scared and never try to go anywhere near a haunted house." Wendy reasoned, still trying to knock some senses into her good for nothing friends. "Lightened up, Wendy. The boy could have just thought he saw a demon, but it could actually be a man or something." Yeri shoved her lightly, joining Joy in looking at the house. Wendy sighed what felt like the nth time. Seulgi came up to comfort her. "Don't worry, Wendy. We're only looking, we're not gonna break in or anything." Seulgi gave Wendy a reassuring smile. Wendy smiled back, glad that the night will be over soon. However, what she didn't notice is that Joy has already walked up to the front door, trying to lockpick it. "Joy, what're you doing?" Seulgi asked a bit warrily. Joy turned to look at Seulgi like she has grown a second head.

"Obviously, I'm trying to get the door." Joy turned back to the door while Yeri peeks through the window. "Guys, we agreed to only look, not to go in!" Seulgi walked up to them, panic in her eyes. "Oh come on, Seul. The owner is probably out, this is our only chance!" Joy continued working on the door until she heard a 'click'. Wendy already running up to stop them although she won't make it in time. Joy's eyes showed a glint of mischievousness, reaching for the knob.

But Seulgi stopped her. "Joy, don't. We could get into trouble if we just go barging in to a stranger's house." Seulgi warned, giving Yeri a warning with her eyes to back out too. "But unnie-" 

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS DOING IN MY HOUSE?" a voice screamed from behind the four friends. The group of friends froze, turning slowly to see a girl not much older than them, angrily staring them down. Wendy glanced at her friends and looked back to the woman. "Um, we were just-" "GET OUT OF MY PROPERTY, RIGHT NOW!" the woman yelled again, this time causing the four to up and run away. Seulgi managed to hear the girl murmer as she ran away, "That's the 5th one this week." and continued to run until she couldn't run anymore. 

"Holy poop, I thought we were goners!" Yeri gasped out, catching her breath. "Joy, you idiot! We could have gotten into trouble with your stupid actions!" Wendy angrily pushed Joy, her chest weaving up and down. "I'm sorry, I didn't know what i was thinking okay?" Joy heaved out, her hands up defensively. "We are not going back there, you hear me?" Wendy waited for the duo to agree as they both nodded their heads repeatedly. Seulgi could only think about the owner who yelled at them. How could she live alone in a famous haunted house? This makes no sense, isn't she afraid? Unless the stories about it being haunted is false....

"Seulgi?" Wendy called her friend, who seemed to be in a daze. Wendy shook her softly, "Hey, you okay?" Seulgi looked back at her best friend and smiled reassuringly. "Yeah Wannie, I'm fine. Let's just go home and pretend this never happened." Seulgi decided, already walking to head home but then stopped when something hits her. "Oh my god, I have an exam tomorrow and I never studied." Fear creeps down her spine at the revelation and quickly turned to Wendy. "Wendy, hurry let's go home, I need to pull an all nighter!" Seulgi grabbed onto her friends' shoulder desperately. Wendy sighed and shook her head. "Why am I not even surprised Seul?"

~

A few days had passed after that night. However, Seulgi still thinks about the girl who lives in that apartment. She can't help but want to know more about her. Like there's something intriguing about the girl that makes Seulgi too curious. Too curious that it makes her want to go back to the apartment. "Kang Seugli?" Seulgi grunted by the call and walks up to get her drink. She ignores the snickers from other customers and leaves the coffee shop. As she was about to open the door, the door suddenly opened up and smacked her hard, causing the coffee to spill all over her. Seulgi groaned in pain at the burning heat of her drink as she quickly fanned herself although it wasn't really helping. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. Are you alright?" a voice that sounded familiar asked her worringly as the stranger tried to clean her up as best she could. "Ah!" Seulgi realized as she stared into the girl that was cleaning her up with a bunch of tissues. The girl perked up and after a while frowned when she met Seulgi's eyes. "You're that girl who lives in apartment-" Before Seulgi could finish however, the girl clasped shut and dragged her out of the shop.

She continued dragging Seulgi until she felt like they were both alone. "Of all people I bumped into and it's you." the girl groaned, pulling her hair back away from her face, clearly annoyed. Seulgi watches the action, scratching the back of her nape nervously. Oh god, she's a goddess. Seulgi wiped the palms of her sweaty hands as she thinks about what she should say. "Well, uh fancy meeting you here?" Smooth. Seulgi groaned internally already hitting herself in her mind. The girl arched an eyebrow and proceeded to stare at Seulgi's ruined shirt. "I'm sorry about your shirt." she looked back at Seulgi feeling really bad. Seulgi looked down on herself and smiled back at the girl, "It's okay, I'm sure it'll wash out." 

The girl stared at Seulgi, suddenly quiet which made Seulgi worried. "Hey, you o-" 

"Cute." 

Seulgi is staring at her, flabbergasted. "I-i mean, I hope there won't be any stains on your shirt." the girl quickly said, her ears getting red as she looks down, hiding her face with her hair.

Oh god, don't do that, that's illegal. Seulgi coughs softly and shyly reached her hand out. "I'm Kang Seulgi." The girl looks up to Seulgi then to her hand, "Bae Irene." She shook Seulgi's hand with a soft smile. Seulgi smiled that smile that reaches her eyes, "Nice to meet you, Irene." Irene returned Seulgi's smile with her own, "Likewise."

"...."

"...."

"Are we gonna keep holding hands? Because I don't mind." Seulgi teased as Irene realizes that she was still holding her hand. Gibberish words left her as she let go of Seulgi's hand abruptly but all that she could hear was Seulgi's laughter.

~

Seulgi came back to her dorm with a toothy grin plastered on her face. After placing her ruined shirt in the wash and taking a shower, she still had that smirk on. Wendy had been watching the girl with the crazy joker smile at the back of the kitchen counter ever since Seulgi came back, she just had to ask.

"What's wrong with your face?" Wendy asked as she washed the vegetables for dinner.

"I met a goddess." Seulgi sighed out dreamily.

Wendy snapped her neck towards Seulgi. "What?!" 

~
Seulgi meets up with Irene outside the coffee shop everyday after that incident. They share stories about themselves, getting to know each other slowly. Seulgi enjoys hearing Irene's dolphin laugh. It makes her feel giddy seeing Irene happy around her. Even when Irene smacks her arm or punches her, she just smiles and laugh because she gets to see Irene with a blush on her cheeks, laughing away with her.

"You've been very jolly these past few days." Joy commented one day during one of their shared classes. "Wendy has been telling me how you come back home with this radiant aura around you." Joy added on. Seulgi just ignores her, focusing more on her phone, texting Irene, well more like teasing her about being a grandma. Seulgi snickers at her own joke, smiling to herself like a crazy person. Joy watched the whole scene with amusement as she has never seen the latter act in such a manner before ever since she met the pringles lover. "....Are you dating someone?" Seulgi choked up on the question and closed her phone, looking at Joy with a blush and wide eyes. At that point, Joy already got her answer. "You are!" Seulgi shoved the girl away. "I am not! I'm just talking to a friend!" 

Joy smirked, getting up to Seulgi's face. "You don't talk to a friend and look like you're in love when them when doing so Seulgi." Joy stated. Before Seulgi could argue, the lecturer walked in, starting the class. Seulgi's heart was pounding loudly as she looked back to her phone to see Irene's text. I just like talking to her is all.

"You don't talk to a friend and look like you're in love when them when doing so Seulgi." Seulgi groaned, knocking her head on her desk softly. I have it bad.

~

"Who is it?" Wendy asked one day when both Seulgi and her was chilling on the couch watching a movie. Seulgi turned to Wendy, confused at the question as she halted typing on her phone. "Huh?" "Who have you been seeing these few weeks?" She asked again, turning down the movie to face Seulgi properly. Seulgi her suddenly dry lips, turning off her phone that she's been using to text Irene during the movie. "Seul, you've been staring at your phone the whole time, you go out more frequently than usual and you come back glowing with sunshine. Who is this person that you're smitten with and why haven't I met them?" Wendy pressed on as Seulgi twiddled her thumbs like an innocent child. "Her name is um Irene." Seulgi blushed red just thinking about her. "Oh god you're so whipped," Wendy commented, Seulgi groaned and hid her face with her hands. "How do you two know each other?" Wendy smiled softly at her best friends' antics. Seulgi froze immediately and didn't dare to look at Wendy, already knowing her reaction if she told the latter. 

"Sseul?" Wendy called, frowning after noticing Seulgi's hesitation. "She's the owner of the apartment029." Seulgi said, looking down, avoiding Wendy's eyes. Wendy stiffened, closed her eyes to calm herself and tried not waver as she tried to speak, "You're seeing the owner of that apartment? That girl who yelled at us because she thought we were going to break in?! Kang Seulgi, explain!" Wendy turned the tv off, throwing the remote on the coffee table, grasping the latter's hands tightly. "We met a few days after that incident. she accidentally spilled coffee on me and we've been hanging around each other ever since." Seulgi softly revealed. 

Wendy sighed through her nose. "You don't know her, she could be a mass murderer o-or something! If she lives in such an anonymous building that is said to be haunted, then she must be hiding something! Please, Seul, don't spend time with her anymore. I don't- no, I can't trust her!" Wendy expressed her concern. Seulgi listened cautiously but she shook her head at the end. "I-I can't Wannie, I-I like her. She makes me feel like I'm on the moon! She isn't anything bad-" "Have she been to our dorm?" Wendy suddenly cut her off. Seulgi became silent. "You invited her here?!" Wendy got up off the couch, walking away from Seulgi. "It was just one time!" Seulgi got up to follow the shorter girl. "Yeah? Have you been to her place?" Seulgi flinched at Wendy's cold tone but thought back to the times with Irene and realized she has never been in Irene's apartment.

"Now tell me if she isn't hiding something." Wendy finished. closing the door of her room in Seulgi's face.

~

Seulgi went to Irene's place after her fight (?) with Wendy. It was already night and Irene might be asleep but she needed to confirm that Irene is anything but bad. Seulgi dialled the latter's phone, hoping she would pick up. "Bear?" Seulgi's stomach churned at the nickname. Irene had started calling her that when they were having dinner together a week ago. Irene had called her that because Seulgi looked like a bear when she was eating and now it's stuck. "Hey, can we talk? I'm kinda outside your house right now," Seulgi hears a bunch of noises coming from Irene's end as she waits outside her door. "You're what?! Hold on, don't come in!" Irene hurriedly says as Seulgi hears her running down some flight of stairs. Seulgi furrowed her eyebrows, How am I supposed to come in when it's your house?

Seulgi hears a 'click' of the door and moves back to see Irene with a horrified face on. Seulgi cast a worried look, "Rene? Are you okay?" Instead of answering, Irene pushed Seulgi further from the entrance of her house, glancing back every so often. "Why are you here?!" Irene exclaimed, clearly agitated. "I-I wanted to talk to you. I needed to talk to you." Seulgi softly but slowly Irene's arms in an attempt to calm her down. "Get out of here right now! We-we'll talk tomorrow, I promise." Irene constantly look back to inside her house, as if afraid someone will see them outside. "Why are you so scared?" Seulgi asked, flustered by how Irene is acting.

The front door suddenly slammed shut by itself while the curtains that were tied up nicely quickly opened and covered the windows. Seulgi hears an angry growl coming from inside the house. Irene tried to push Seulgi away but Seulgi was standing frozen. "Rene, w-what the h-he-" "Go now! It won't go after you, you didn't enter the house!" Irene finally succeeded in making Seulgi move however Seulgi was having a problem with moving her legs. Her legs were feeling too jelly and in the end Seulgi fell on the pavement of the lawn. 

"Seulgi!" Irene went to the fallen girl, helping her up. "I-is t-that the demon? It-it's real?! Why are you living here?!" Seulgi tried to speak, but her voice is failing to function as she continues to squiek. Irene bit her lip, looking back at the house then back to Seulgi. "I need you to trust me and go home, bear. I can explain everything tomorrow but right now I need you to run." Irene warned, letting go of the very scared girl. Seulgi wandered her panic eyes from the house to Irene and then to the streets. "Go Seulgi, I promise I'll see you tomorrow." Irene mustered up a smile as best she can. Seulgi ran to the streets, she ran and ran all the way back to the dorm. She slammed the door shut, her eardrums drumming into her skull. Her heartbeat going irregular. "Wendy!" Seulgi called out into the quiet dorm but there was no response. "Wannie!" Seulgi tried again, black spots appearing in her vision, Why can't I breathe? There was no signs of her roommate anywhere, Seulgi is clutching her chest as it started to hurt immensely. "Seungwan!" At that last call Seulgi has fell to the floor, leaning to the wall, wheezing. She couldn't hear anything besides her heartbeat thats quickening way too fast. 

"Why are you screaming, can't you see I'm trying to sle- Seul?" Wendy came out of her room after hearing Seulgi screaming till no ends. Once she sees Seulgi having a panic attack, she gets down beside her and speaks gently. "Hey Seulgi, I'm gonna need you to take deep breaths now okay? Just take slow deep breaths. Follow me." Wendy instructed as Seulgi followed how Wendy was taking deep breaths. After some time, Seulgi has calmed down, sitting comfortably on the floor next to the other girl. "Can you tell me what happened?" Wendy asked after a few minutes of silence, she really didn't want to ask but her best friend had just gotten a panic attack just after supposedly seeing her crush. 

"I went to Irene's place," Wendy nodded silently, allowing Seulgi to continue, "She was shocked that I was there and told me to leave. She looks so fearful, always looking back inside her house like she was afraid something was going to appear. Then the door slammed shut by itself, things moved in the house and I hear a growl that definitely didn't sound human." Seulgi shivered, thinking about the incident that happened not too long ago. 

Wendy stared blankly at nothing while listening to her story and after she was done, gave her a worried look. "Nothing happened to you right?" Seulgi shook her head furiously. "Irene told me to run, so I did. She told me she will explain everything tomorrow." Seulgi looked at Wendy and stared, waiting for the latter's response. Wendy hummed and nodded. "Then wait for tomorrow, tell her to come here and explain everything to us." she decided. Seulgi widened her eyes as she watched Wendy stand to go back to her room.

"Us?"

"If she wants you, she gets me too. We're a package." Wendy summed up.

Seulgi stared at her dumbfounded. "Wan, there's a demon involved." 

Wendy just rolled her eyes as she held her door open. "Yeah and that demon gonna have to deal with us both too." 

Seulgi was so puzzled that she couldn't even say anything but "Huh?"

~

Seulgi texted Irene to come to her place to talk about everything. She checked her hair through the mirror, flossed her teeth which Wendy exclaimed "She isn't here for you two to make out!" and double checked to see if there was any wrinkle on her shirt. Wendy clicked her tongue in annoyance. "You were having a panic attack yesterday and now you're trying so hard to look good in front of Irene? Are you sane?" Seulgi shoved her away and proceeded to wait for Irene. 

The text she received about Irene being outside gives her the cue to meet her outside. Once they greeted each other shyly and went up to the dorm, Seulgi gestured her to sit on the couch. Wendy glared at Irene clearly not trusting her since the moment she entered. Irene sat down on the couch, clearing at the awkward atmosphere. "So, what do you want to know?" Irene sighed out, looking towards Seulgi. "Who are you exactly Miss Irene?" Wendy asked her instead, proceeding to sit with her on the couch, giving her a look that screams I don't like you. Irene turned her head to Wendy, looking down nervously as she fiddles with her hands. Seulgi joined them both on the couch, sitting next to Irene, clasping her hands with Irenes',waiting for her to start speaking. "I," Irene sighs through her nose while closing her eyes briefly, "I'm a demonologist. I study demons and try to make contact with them to learn their past story and give them peace. I have like a sixth sense, I can feel when they are nearby and communicate with them when needed."Irene explained.

Wendy and Seulgi blinked their eyes repeatedly somehow simultaneously, staring at Irene and then at each other. Seulgi broke the silence after what felt like an eternity. "So you're like that lady from the Conjuring movie?" Seulgi asked innocently, which resulted with Wendy giving her a slap on the thigh. Irene laughed and held Seulgis' hands tighter, smiling lovingly to her. "Yeah let's go with that but it isn't as exciting as how they show in the movies. I don't really deal with any dangerous ones, they aren't really serious where we live but," Irene's voice wavered slightly, biting her lips."I heard about that story. About the girls that dissapeared after entering an apartment and the boy who managed to escape,so i decided to check the place out...."

Seulgi gave her a worried look at which Irene smiled reassuringly to. "I was just walking around, nothing happened but when I was about to leave, I heard a sound. It sounded like someone was eating something. I could hear the chewing and the swallowing,but I was alone in that house. That was when I felt something overwhelming pass through my body," Irene shivered as she talked, Seulgi had already moved forward to give her a side hug, leaning her head at the crook of Irene's shoulder. Wendy had already started to squeeze the feathers of the pillow couch, shrinking slowly to become one with the couch. 

"It was too strong, it was nothing like I've ever felt. I turned my head to where the noise was coming from and I saw something too gruesome. I remembered the boy's description of his first encounter with the demon and it was all the same. The woman lying bloody on the floor with a hideous black figure with a wide mouth full of sharp fangs feasting on her." Irene choke out, her body shaking tremendously. Seulgi hushed sweet nothings to her in hope that it will calm her down. Her best friend was being very helpful by being mimicking a passed out person as Seulgi rubbed Irene's back soothingly. "A demon like that can only exist if a terrible person had summoned it, Seulgi! How can someone be so terrible? Why would they-" Seulgi stops her mid-sentence as she envelops her into a bear hug. "Some people believe in different things. That person? She believed in spirits that were stronger than the belief of religion." Seulgi said, remembering what Joy had read on the small worned out newspaper. Irene sniffled and wiped her tears off, giving Seulgi the cue to let go. "I stay in that apartment because I want to send the demon back to wherever it came from. The demon has not decided to harm me but it can change it's mind at any moment. I'm running out of time." Irene leaned her head on Seulgi's shoulder, sighing softly. "Is it not harming you because of your gift?" Irene smiled to herself at Seulgi's question. Most people say that her gift is more of a curse but here's Seulgi treating her like a normal human being.

Irene breathed in Seulgi's scent, relaxing immediately in Seulgi's hold. "It's not harming me because it's amused by me trying to rid it. It doesn't want to leave." Seulgi hummed, thinking about how to help her crush. "Do you know why?" Irene's eyes darkened as she gripped on her jeans. "It's still hungry." Seulgi gulped audibly and tries to laugh it off, although it came out strangled. "It likes your scent." Irene suddenly admitted. The taller girl froze. "It smelled you yesterday, it told me how it thinks you could be very tasty." Irene hugged the girl possessively. "Don't go near my place, you hear me? Don't go anywhere near it. Even if I'm in trouble." The pringles lover didn't like that. "If you're ever in trouble I would save you no matter what." Seulgi grabbed Irene to face her. Irene, surprised by her serious tone could only mumble an "ok" as she furiously blushed at the close proximity they both have. 

Seulgi caressed Irene's face gently, looking into her eyes. "I don't want anything to happen to you." she says as she leans her forehead with the latter. Irene could only keep mum with her heartbeat going crazy in her ribcage as her face feels hot under Seulgi's touch.

~

They decided to move to Seulgi's room after Wendy cleared disrupting the romantic presence in the atmosphere. "Well then, if you need me I'll be in my room. Irene, it hasn't really been a pleasure to meet you- sorry it's just you live with a demon. I wish we never had met," Irene nodded her head sadly, pouting away. "Don't do that! Oh my lord, I understand why Seulgi is whipped for you." Wendy just raised her hands up in frustration then walked into her room. "Seulgi please behave, i don't want to listen to loud music to sleep." The brunette says before she closes the door to her room. Seulgi blushes red, sheepishly apologizing to Irene multiple times Irene couldn't help but giggle at how cute the taller girl looked.

They're just cuddling each other, listening to the sound of their own heartbeats. Seulgi was thinking about the first time she and her friends went to Irene's apartment. She just can't help but think about the way Joy and Yeri acted before Irene showed up. How they tried to break in, and when did Joy even learned how to lockpick? And usually Yeri was the voice of reason and make Joy stop before she does something she would regret. Seulgi frowned internally as she thinks how weird the two acted then. "Irene," Seulgi whispers softly, relaxed in the latter's embrace. Irene hummed, telling Seulgi that she's listening. "That demon," Seulgi started as she brought the both of them to a sitting position. "Can it make people eager to enter the apartment?" Seulgi looks worriedly at the raven-haired girl. Irene pauses, thinking about the possibility until suddenly her eyes widened in realization "Of course! Why didn't I think if that sooner?" Irene exclaimed, smacking her forehead lightly. Seulgi looked at the girl in puzzlement, "You mean you didn't know until I asked?"

Irene turned to the taller girl with a smile on her face. "Bear, you're a genius! I just thought people kept breaking in because I recently moved in, but it's the demon! You see, demons are part of the spiritual world. They can make contact with a human if they wanted to if said human has a weak protection from the spirits. Like for example, not believing in ghosts. This makes it easier for ghosts and demons to haunt or take your soul if they wanted to. So the demon must be giving people nightmares or thoughts that makes them too eager to see if whatever they're seeing is real." Irene concluded. 

Seulgi blinked, completely in awe and how quick Irene managed to figure it out that fast. "...you figured that out after my question?" Irene beamed at her, " I wouldn't have thought of it if you didn't ask, Bear." Irene looked at Seulgi lovingly. Seulgi couldn't look away, she was lost in Irene's eyes. How can someone's eyes be so mesmerizing?

Seulgi was too engrossed by Irene's eyes that she didn't notice Irene getting closer, more specifically, she's looking at Seulgi's lips. As Irene was about seal her lips with Seulgi's, the taller girl stood up rigidly. Irene moved back so fast she almost strained her back. "What-"

"Joy and Yeri."

Irene furrowed her brows, "Are you talking about the other two girls that were with you the other day?"

Seulgi hastily reached for her phone, dialling Joy's number. But there was no answer.

"Seul, what's wrong?" Irene reached for Seulgi's hand, trying to understand her sudden state of panic.

"The ones who came up with the plan to check out the apartment was Joy and Yeri." Seulgi said, panic in her voice. Irene looked at her, rigid. "They told me, they found an old piece of newspaper about the apartment. They said they found it in the storage room but I just realised," Irene stood up too and grabbed her house keys, ready to run out. "The library is new, they shouldn't have anything from 20 years ago." Seulgi turned to Irene but Irene had already left the room, running to the door. "Rene, wait! I'm coming with you!"

"No, you're not!"

"They're my friends!"

Irene scrunched her face, sighing as she looked down. "You stay outside. Do not come in." Irene turned to Seulgi, seriousness in her eyes. Seulgi clenched her fists, wanting to refuse but agrees with Irene anyway.

~

Seulgi has been trying to call either Joy or Yeri but neither answers their phones. She has told Wendy about the situation at which the girl had jumped off her bed to get ready, Irene had told her to find a certain priest not too far from where she lives and gave her his number. "In case we need to do an exorcism." She had said. Seulgi has checked their places and neither of them were home. Seulgi even called Yeri's mom, asking her if she knew her daughter's whereabouts but the mother only knew that Yeri was with Joy and that they went out. All those shared classes with those two, Seulgi never paid attention to them and just texted Irene the whole time. She doesn't remember the last time she talked or hanged out with them. Irene who sensed Seulgi being scared and worried, gave her a comforting hug. "They're fine, I'm sure of it." 

They're arriving at Irene's apartment when Seulgi got a call from Yeri. Seulgi fumbled with her phone due to her shaky hands. "Yeri?! Yerim, where are you?" Seulgi held her phone tightly, afraid that she was right at where the two trouble makers are. "Seulgi! We're in Apartment029, there's this thing. It's coming for us, there no where we can hide! Joy is hurt, her a-arm is b-bleeding a l-lot. Joy is- Joy is-" Yeri started freaking out after that. Seulgi shared a look with Irene walked over to her door, unlocking it. "Don't worry, Yeri. I'm right outside, help is on the way. Just-just don't let it get you okay?" Seulgi failed to sound calm at the end, hoping Yeri didn't hear her stutter. 

"The door is stuck! We t-tried to open it but it wouldnt budge!" Yeri exclaimed just as Irene opened the door. Irene gave one last look at Seulgi before going in. "Yeri listen to me. Irene is coming to get you and Joy okay? She's a professional when it comes to these things. She can get you two out-" The line suddenly cuts and Seulgi is left alone in front of the house, waiting for Irene to come out with the two girls. 

Though she's succumbing to her fear as she stands there, unable to see anything inside as it was dark and no sound can be heard. It's like there was no one inside. "Rene?" Seulgi called out. No answer. She peeks around, trying to see a sign of anyone in the house to only be left fruitless. "They're fine, they're fine, they're fine." Seulgi chants to herself as she walks back and forth outside. God I know I promised but Irene, what if you're in trouble? Seulgi bites her lips hard, tasting blood. 

"They're dead." Seulgi's heart jumped to . She turned her head to the opene door of the apartment. The first thing she sees is a wide wicked smile, teeth sharper than knives, eyes gray and dead looking at her. Seulgi clenched her shaking hands tightly. "No they are not, Irene-"

"She's gone." Seulgi struggles to stay standing straight. "She's alive." Seulgi managed to speak. The demon breathes out cold air, looking down at Seulgi like prey. "If you come in, you can see her. You can see her dead body lying on the floor." the demon speaks, reaching its ugly long slender hand towards Seulgi to take. Seulgi stepped back. "Irene will kill you." Seulgi spat out, staring the demon down. The demon frowned immediately, it growled angrily as it roared loudly at Seulgi's face making the house shaking, tearing the place apart slightly. 

Seulgi closed her eyes, gripping her arm, nails digging hard on her skin as the deaf sound rings into her ears. The demon returns to the inside of the house, leaving Seulgi alone once again. Tears slowly fell of the girl's face as she slowly sinks to the floor, trying to breathe. She hears foorsteps coming towards her and when she looked up she sees her two friends, Yeri having Joy's arm around her shoulder with Joy's other arm bleeding excessively. 

"Seulgi!" Yeri uses her last ounce of strength to collide with her unnie. "Seulgi unnie!!!" Yeri bawled out, crying to Seulgi's shoulder. Seulgi just hugged the younger girl back, checking to see if Joy was alright. She relaxed when she seen Joy giving her a reassuring smile. "Sseul, Sooyoung, Yerim!" The three girls turned to see Wendy with a man, must be the priest, coming out of a car, running to them. "A-are you guys okay? OMG JOY YOU ARE BLEEDING, WE NEED TO GET YOU TO THE HOSPITAL." Wendy helped Joy up, walking her to the car. Yeri followed behind, assisting Wendy bc lil smol Wendy can't lift Joy all by herself. "Are you alright? The demon didn't get you either did it?" The priest asked Seulgi, checking to see any wounds. "N-no, I'm alright." Seulgi promised, looking back at the house, waiting for Irene to come out. 

"We came as quickly as we could. When your friend told me about the situaution, I knew that Irene would need me to get here before it was too late." the priest told her. Seulgi turned to him confused, "What do you mean too late?" The priest gave her a pity look. "The only way to stop the demon, Irene made a deal to give her life so that it would finally leave the place and go back to wherever it came from. She came to see me one day, asking me if it was possible and it was. Her soul is very strong, many demons would want it. I think that was the only way she could save your friends." the priest explained. 

Seulgi stared dumbly at the priest, her entire body numb. "You're telling me she's gone?" The priest smiles sadly at her, "I'm so sorry."

Seulgi shook her head, moving away from him. "You're lying! Irene is still alive! She's going to come out of the house any second now!" Seulgi looked back at the entrance of the apartment, waiting to see her, waiting to see that smile, to hear that laughter, to touch her. She waits for a few minutes and runs inside the house. "Girl no!" The priest tried to stop her but she already went in. 

"Irene!" Seulgi called, running all over the house. "Irene please!" Seulgi called again, choking on her tears. "Irene!!!" Seulgi kneeled on the floor in the living room. "Where are you demon?! Show yourself! Give her back!" Seulgi screamed, looking everywhere. "Show yourself!" She screamed louder. 

She feels a cold presence behind her. she turns around to only be pushed by the side. "Seulgi, what are you doing?!" Irene questioned, huffing with fear and anger in her eyes. "You idiot!" Irene kneeled in front of Seulgi, punching her continuously. "You promised to never come in! You-you-" Seulgi held her hands, looking into Irene's eyes. "I told you, if you're ever in trouble I would save you no matter what." Seulgi stated firmly. Irene weeped, hugging her tightly, not wanting to let go.

Seulgi held onto Irene, picking her up as she stood up. She glared at the demon that is smirking at them. "You're going to let us go." Seulgi told it. The demon laughed, it sounded dark and hollow. "And why should I do that?" it asked, grinning toothly to her. Seulgi looked over at Irene, giving her a kiss on the forehead. "I love this girl, I want to spend the rest of my life with her. You're in the way of that dream." Irene blushed furiously at the sudden confession, hiding her face away in the crook of Seulgi's neck. 

The demon smirked amused, "Only one of you can leave, one must stay to die." the demon reached its hand out, reaping the floor into half causing the couple to separate. Seulgi gasped and glared angrily at the demon. Irene who was scared and embarrassed suddenly brighten, like she figured a plan. She gave a look at Seulgi to play along. Seulgi furrowed her brows, silently hoping Irene knew what she was doing.

"Take Seulgi's life." Irene told the demon. Seulgi's eyes bulged out. What?! Irene gave her an angry look to just play along with her plan. Seulgi cleared and fought back, "No, take her life!" The two bicker about who's life should be taken, the demon looked back and forth at the two losing patience. 

"ENOUGH! Stop bickering!" the demon growled. Irene turned to look at it, surprised. "Then, what do you suggest?" Irene asked. The demon snarled at her. "It doesn't matter! We're already in the other realm, just decide so that the deal is done!" Irene's eyes lit up. "So you're saying the deal has already been done?" The demon does not respond and awaits for them to decide. "How about you open the door, and whoever leaves first lives?" The demon smirks at this and opens the door. Seulgi who has been confused now understands what Irene was plotting. 

So she played along, fighting with Irene, trying to get to the door. Fake pulling her hair and throwing her down which was soon returned to her as they both fake fought to reach the door. Once they both was close enough, they stepped outside at the same time while holding hands. The demon realized too late about what was going on, only roared trying to reach them but it was too far from them to make it in time. They already stepped out. 

Seulgi looked up, seeing her friends looking back at her with wide eyes. The priest was shocked as well to see them leave the house unharmed. "Wha-what happened to the demon?" he asked nervously. Irene beamed brightly. "It's not going to bother anyone anymore. It already sealed the deal to leave this world and never return." Irene explained. Seulgi stared at her in complete confusement. "Wasn't the deal to give a life for it to leave?" Seulgi asked. Irene smirked at her. "The deal was to follow it into its realm and for it to never leave. I never said i was staying." Irene said. Seulgi made an 'oh' face as Irene smacked her hard. "Ow, what was that for?" Seulgi rubbed her arm with a pained face. "If you were a bit more patient, I would be out and we wouldn't have that complicated problem just now! You could have died Kang Seulgi!"

Seulgi smirked, giving her her signature smile. "Yeah but then I wouldn't have confessed so I think it was a win-win situation." "You could have died!" Irene reasoned. "It was romantic!" Seulgi whined. "There was a demon in front of us and you thought of confessing right in front of it!" Seulgi smirked wider. "And you blushed super red in the face- ow!" Irene continued to smack her as Seulgi laughed bubbly. 

She cupped Irene's face and looked at her lovingly. "I thought I lost you." Irene stared back at her. "Well you didn't." Seulgi smiled as she moved closer, closing her eyes as their lips touch- "For crying out loud, this isn't the time! We need to get Joy to the hospital!" Wendy cut off. "I actually can wait, please continue." Joy spoke up. "Joy!" Wendy exclaimed as Yeri laughed hard.