Coffee Rain.

For You I Would...
"An order for Minjae!" It was crowded as always, that small coffee shop on the corner of the intersection to Seoul. Right next to the ocean, a view that could be seen for miles. The line had grew so long, and it was just about time to clock out. I sighed staring at the clock that ticked every so slowly. "Americano for Juhee!" A close friend of mine tapped me on my shoulder having a wicked smile on his face, grinning as he cleaned the machines. Either he was glad that it was almost closing town or he just found himself a dashing man to talk too. I chuckled, still looking at the clock. Finally after twenty-minutes of working overtime the crowded shop had became barren. Jimin cleaned the counters, looking at me as I quickly placed the chairs on top of the tables. "Hey, let me finish up here." I looked up, wiping the bit of sweat that had formed between my temples. "N-No, I can..." Jimin gave me a glare, one that sent chills down my spine. I bowed with a small smile as I rushed to the back. I had to hurry before he leaves. After changing out of my uniform, I clumsily got my glasses and shoes on, grabbing my book bag that was fully of art supplies and picked up the portrait I've been bringing for the past few weeks. It was for him. I ran out of the café trying not to slip, it had just began to rain, but even if my clothes got soaked, I was going to finish this portrait. I don't know how it began, one moment I was in the karaoke bar with my friends, or drinking alone in the comfort of my apartment on Tuesday evenings, but now I run a 30 minute traveling distance to see a man stare out towards the ocean. His mysterious reason for being there at the same time on the same day every week brought the creative side of me back out. The beauty of the scene, is just something I want to draw, something I hope can never be forgotten. It was already pouring by the time I made it to the beach, the water rushing down the steps, but even so he was there. I blinked, a little cold from the sudden downpour, but just as he stayed, so did I. I took the same position I did every Tuesday, next to the stone stairs that lead to the beach, I could only think of painting his backside. In all the weeks that I began this endearing task, it never crossed my mind to ask him, just why do you come here? I'm too afraid, too shy, not enough confidence. This is enough. I set my portrait up, luckily I bought an expensive waterproof canvas, so other than me getting soaking wet, I can still manage to draw. My head would peak out once in awhile, to capture how he seemed, his form. Whether he sitting of standing, his head titled of straight, does he wear shoes or none. In just a few glances I could capture his being, he seemed sad. Sadder than other days. I wondered if I could have been from the rain, but maybe I shouldn't be asking such a question. I had lost focused, scribbling lines in various ways. When I looked back once again he wasn't there. I gasped quietly, looking at the barren view, I then turned down to my watch, he wasn't suppose to leave yet. Why did he leave so soon. I was so concentrated on what was in front of me, I certainly didn't think about what would be behind me. I felt something warm draped around my shoulders. I turned around practically screaming, earning a few glares from the nearby seagulls. I blinked, it must be him... "You shouldn't stand in the rain without a jacket, you'll most definitely get sick." I was stunned at how deep his voice was. "I-I..." He smiled. "You should hurry home." I didn't know what to say I hadn't had a conversation with a stranger since I was ten years old. He was leaving yet I was so interested in his being. "What about you!" I clenched my soaked pants hoping he heard me through the pounding rain. He turned my way. "Hmm?" I lifted up the jacket hesitantly. "Y-Your jacket, y-you should d-definitely k-keep it." I cursed myself mentally, I hadn't stuttered in ages, but here I am panicking my heart away. The other chuckled, "You need it more." "And...I like having a personal painter." I blushed the rain feeling heavy on my body. "H-How should I return this to you?" He pondered. "You should keep it." He began to walk away again. "The coffee shop!" He stopped. "T-There's a coffee shop, thirty minutes from here, I—please come to the coffee shop so I can properly return this to you." I bowed, I was hoping he'd respond with a definite yes. But I heard nothing but footsteps and the landing of the raindrops. I made it home carrying all the items. Sighing as I punched my code to get into the apartment, I struggled to get my shoes off from my soaking feet and pulling the portrait inside. I set the dry canvas in the corner of my room, closing the curtains of my living room. I was tired, not because of work, but that interaction took the life out of me. I didn't expect to talk with him, no not at all. I opened the door to my bathroom staring at the mirror, that blush still plastered on my face. I covered it with my hands, feeling more embarrassed than before. Gosh...I wondered if he'll show up. I fell deeply in love with the man who sat by the Oceanside. He was kind and sweet, someone different and beautiful, if only I had known sooner that our time together would be short lived.