Chapter 1

Your In the Army Now

Sand. Some cactus more sand.

That was all Byun Baekhyun had seen for the past three hours as his bus drove through the Nevada desert. He sighed lifelessly as the bus was hot and cramped, filled with newly enlisted men and woman. He wiped the sweat from his brow as a static screech filled the bus, the intercom switching on overhead. 

"We'll be arriving at our destination in five minutes," The intercom made a high pitched noise before it snaped off. Baekhyun turned to the seat beside his. Chanyeol was slumped over snoring, his head resting on the seat in front of him. Baekhyun gave him a shove. The black haired man snapped up, awake and alert. He turned a groggy eye to Baekhyun questioningly. 

"We'll be there soon." He nodded ahead of him. Chanyeol grinned jumping from his seat. "Just wait until they see the great me. They'll beg for me to become the general !" He boomed while laughing like walrus, until the buses MP made him shut up and sit back down. He did so grudgingly. Baekhyun rolled his eyes at the act, wondering when his friends superiority complex would last, under the disipline of the army.

Baekhyun crained his neck over the seat in front of him for a glimpse. In the sand covered and hazy distance he could see the shadowy group of buildings that would be his home for awhile.

Fort Hallyu

The bus squealed to a stop inside the gates. The doors opened and people started grabbing up their bags and walking off the bus into the desert air. Baekhyun shouldered his bag and walked out into the sun. He covered his eyes with his hand, looking around. Despite the miles of sand and the damn sun, it didn't look half as bad as he thought it would.

Fort Hallyu was both famous and infamous. It was famous for their slew of incredibly  young high ranking officers but infamous as being a hell on Earth. 

"What do you think?" He turned to Chanyeol who was grinning madly. "Not exactly a beach vacation." he grumbled. Chanyeol grinned. The bus pulled away and Baekhyun watched as it disappeared into the desert haze. His last sight of humanity for some time, but that was what he had wanted when he joined wasn't it?

"LINE UP MAGGOTS!" Baekhyun jumped stumbling into the line that quickly formed. Chanyeol on his right. A young woman with bobbed brown hair and hazel eyes in green camo and heavy boots stood in front of them. A sadistic smile on her face.

A patch with 4 stripes and a star were embroidered onto both sleeves of the jacket.

"I am Sergeant Major Sooyoung, and as of now till your basic training is over you are all my es!" The sadistic grin never leaving her face. "Understand?"

"Sir Yes Sir!" Was the echoed reply. She stepped forward towards him. Baekhyun gulped nervously. He breathed a sigh of relief when she stopped in front of Chanyeol. "Understand?" He looked bored with the woman in front of him.

"Yea, I guess..." A loud pop sounded and in the blink of an eye Chanyeol was rolling around holding his stomach and yelling. Sergeant Sooyoung twirled the pistol around her finger before slipping it back into the holster at her waist.

"Stop crying you baby there blanks!" She laughed. Baekhyun gulped eying the officer warily. She turned hard blue eyes on him. The cold barrel of a pistol was shoved into his nose. 

"You got a problem maggot?" She pressed the gun. "No ma'am!" He managed. She walked back to the front. "Grab your and follow me to the barracks!" She called marching off to two large camo painted buildings with a white skull painted on the side or each and B-1 and B-2 painted next to it. They followed quickly. She stopped in front of them.

"B-1 is Women's barracks and B-2 is Men's barracks. Pick a bunk then head over there." She pointed to another building across the field. "You'll be given your gear, change into your duds then meet me at the obstacle course in twenty minutes, dismissed!" Everyone scattered into the right barracks.

The inside of the barracks was pretty much what he'd expected. Two rows of bunk beds and a bathroom.

"Come on we'll bunk together, Baekhyun" Chanyeol picked a bunk and threw his bag on the top bunk. "I call top." He grinned. Baekhyun shrugged.

"That's cool; I'd rather sleep on the bottom anyway." He tossed his bag onto the bed. "Let's go." he sighed walking towards the door. "I don't want to be late and give Sergeant Sooyoung a reason to shoot the hell outta me." He muttered hurrying across the field to the supply tent. Some of the others were there already getting their clothes.

He stood in front of the counter and a tall strong looking young man with black hair and wide grey eyes came up to him.

"Shirt, pant and shoe size?" his voice quivered. Baekhyuns brow arched quizzically at the young man whose shirt held two yellow stripes and read 'Taemin', but gave him the numbers.

He nodded timidly and turned to the back. "Minho, Men's large, 20 and 11." A few seconds later a dark green t-shirt camo pants and a pair of black boots came flying out of the back. The clothes landing in Taemin's arms the boots smacking him in the face. He rubbed his nose gingerly before handing them to Baekhyun.

"Thanks..." He muttered unsure of the pink haired corporal. He nodded and Baekhyun hustled back to the barracks to change, he stuffed his civilian clothes into his bag. He wasn't sure when he would wear them again.

Baekhyun looked himself over on his way out of the barracks. His camo army duds and boots fit alright. He hurried to the obstacle course where sergeant major Sooyoung and the other new recruits stood waiting. He stood next to Chanyeol, who looked quite unhappy in his new clothes. He was glaring daggers at Sergeant Sooyoung.

"How's your shot wound?" Baekhyun muttered quietly. "It ing hurts." He snarled.

'POP!'

Chanyeol dropped, Baekhyun turned wide eyes to his downed friend. The large red welt on his forehead smoked. Sergeant Sooyoung blew the smoke from the end of her pistol before returning it to its holster.

"Now, first things first, when I call your name you sound off and that's it, you got it?" She glared at Chanyeol who was up again. He glared back but toned in with the rest. 'Sir yes sir.' She quickly read off names then tucked the clipboard under her arm.

"Alright Maggots were going to run the obstacle course!" she waved exaggeratedly over the field. Baekhyun paled. A roughly mile long strip of every kind of exercise he could think of. Walls to climb over barbed wire to crawl under, tracks of tires and everything in between.

"LINE UP!" As they did she picked Baekhyun and Chanyeol both out. "Elf ears, puppy face!" Baekhyun stopped dead, already scared to death of the woman. Chanyeol glared at her.

"You two will lead the way!" She pointed to the front, where they hightailed it to. "You will run this course until you do it right! I don't care if it takes you all day and all night!" She pulled the stopwatch from her pocket. "You have 4 minutes to complete it."

"GO!" Chanyeol shot off, trying not to trip on the tires. Baekhyun right behind him, everyone else pulling up from behind. Through the tires then onto his belly under the barbed wire. "Damnit" he grumbled edging his way under the wire.

"Faster you worthless pieces of !" a few shots rang out and Baekhyun crawled frantically, his hair getting caught in the wire occasionally. He cursed jerking it free as he crawled. If he stopped, their crazy as hell Sergeant would shoot him. He was sure. Coming out from under the wire he hopped up quickly. The farther he got the less chance Sergeant Sooyoung would shoot him.

Running through another set of tires he jumped onto the climbing wall grabbing the rope. He yelped as a blank bounced off the board by his head. He scrambled up the wall. 'Not far enough away.' he chanted to himself huffing. As he sprinted down the last stretch to the finish.

He slid to a stop behind Chanyeol, panting as he laughed. "I actually managed to finish." He crossed his arms a smug smile on his face. Baekhyun scowled at him. Sergeant Sooyoung came around to them as others finished. "Impressive Maggot." She mussed. CHanyeol puffed up his chest. "There is no one better than me." the Sergeant snorted. "Ha, you were 15 seconds from beating the current record."

"No way." he growled. "Yes way, snot nose! Our own Major Seohyun holds the current record for this obstacle course." Chanyeol fumed.

In the Shadow of a nearby building two figures in army duds watched Sergeant Major Sooyoung tongue lash the elf eared recruit before shooting him in the stomach . A pair of brown and black eyes crinkled in mirth.

"It's no wonder by the time they get to us there scared I'm going to shoot them." He chuckled. Patting the twin pair of pistols around his waist. A snort was his answer. He turned questioning eyes to his companion. Critical chocolate eyes watched the scene.

"It's her job to put fear into them; it's what they need, especially before they graduate to our squads." She crossed her arms leaning against the building, out of the sun's rays.

He shrugged "I suppose your right. After all." He paused to grin. "Our training regiments are far from a Sunday stroll through the park."

She gave a sharp nod. "I didn't make Colonel at my age, for being soft."

He smiled before turning back to watch the recruits. "They don't look too bad this time." He mused, watching the elf eared recruit making faces at Sooyoung while her back was turned. "Of course... I could be wrong."

Everyone gathered around Sergeant Sooyoung as they finished. "Not too bad Maggots!" she praised as she inspected the line. Some were huffing and puffing like they were about to fall over and some looked as good as before they started.

She closed her eyes and nodded thoughtfully a smile on her face. "Alright runts, now were gonna run!" Baekhyun groaned

"POP!"

"OWW!"

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, um, welcome to my first story on asainfanfics. I thank and applause anybody that managed to read this terrible first chapter. Please support the story and comment! I'm sorry if this short and awkward for anybody for an author's note. I'll try to make them more sincere next chapter!