Chapter 1: The Shadow

The Shadow of Death

I opened my eyes and found myself standing, trapped inside the cold dark empty room which everything is silent. I look around and I was alone, the door is closed but one thing I know is someone is observing me. 

Yerin looked around her, clueless. She was alone in the classroom, sitting at the corner. Someone's loud footstep is heard coming  towards the classroom, Yerin shifted her look to the open door waiting for that someone to enter. There, she saw her small and cute bestfriend, Umji. 

I sigh as I slowly walk forward going to the closed door,my sight is somehow clear eventhough it's very dark inside; maybe I have the so-called 'superpower'. I continued walking until I was able to hold the door knob; revealing me to a new adventure. But the next destination surprises me, it looks very familiar, this scary building is our house. I wondered why does it looks different, it doesn't look lively. Instead, it looks like hell. Very hot, like I was surrounded with fire.

I just notice that I was wearing a silky black jacket and a white tshirt beneath it and a black pants and boots; my whole body was covered but my outfit just makes me sweat. So, I decided to remove my jacket and wrapped it around my waist, in that way it will become less hotter. I sigh, and then continued my journey in this house.

I tour around the first floor of our house, checking if there is also someone else. I first went to the living room, I stand near the glass table while my eyes and head are searching for any presence; I sigh, there is no one besides myself. I started to walk again going to the kitchen and something caught my attention, there is someone running towards the kitchen and only its back I was able to see. I secretly run and follow but as I arrive to the kitchen; I found absolutely nothing and there is no way for that person to escape. I sigh, putting my hands on both waist; shaking my thoughts. It was only my imagination.

 I continued searching but there is no one else around so I tried to call my parents, shouting my nicknames to them but only my echo responses back. I started to worry,this doesn't seem right to me. I know I was just dreaming because everything around me and myself is in grayscale but... It feels so real. I continued walking finding my parents,they should've been here responding my calls but why it was all silent. "Are they not here?". It's impossible.

I slowly climb up to the stairs without making a noise, my heart beats faster when I heard someone's voice who was struggling for help. I tried to calm myself but my tears started to fall. I know it's not them, I know all of this was just a dream that I can control but why, why do I want to continue it? Why I wanted to experience this horrible situation? I continued stepping up, footsteps slowly going towards the open room, I gasped at the event I just saw. 

I continued climbing up until I stopped from where I am when I saw my parents being murdered by this unknown man, I tried to hide to avoid being seen. Gunshots are heard every second, it is getting louder and louder and unstoppable. Everything that the man did to my parents hurts my heart, I wanted to step back and run away from the scene but my feet decided to stay. It was so violent that I covered my eyes and cried. Why it has to be this nightmare? Why not something happy? Why it has to be like this?.... I notice a footsteps coming towards me, I look up and saw the man in front of me. I can't see the face. The man noticed me and stopped in front of me. My feet started to numb, I can't run away, he approach closely to me and lift me up, grabbing my tshirt. I look at him and cried but I can't see his face, I can't do anything. If it ends like this, I think it would better so that I can wake up now, I want this dream to end. He pointed the gun directly to my head, I shook my head asking him not to do it. He slowly shifted the gun to my...stomach, my eyes widen. He still have the plan to kill me. I cried and close my eyes until he pulled the trigger, I was shot. The man release its grip to me and escaped. I was there lying on the ground, blood coming out from my body. I look at my parents who were also lying, my tears can't stop falling.I  just look at them like that until I lose my consciousness.

 

 

" Ahhh!" Yerin shouted as she got up touching her stomach which she feels the pain, she check her stomach and found blood on it, a shot on her stomach.

"what is this?" She stuttered when she saw a blood on her hands and on her stomach. Like it was a gunshot.

She just ignored the shot and she forcely got up from her bed and tried to walk out from her room to go to her parents room while she tried to endure the pain in her stomach, her hands were already covered with blood. Yerin shouted for help but no one is answering. She tried to walk faster but she can't, she fell down on the floor, the shot was bad. She tried to reach out for her phone on the drawer but she failed. She fell unconscious again.

 


"Mommy!" Yerin ran towards her mother and give her a hug. Yerin cried which made her mother laugh.

"Are you afraid of heights?" Yerin nodded as she hugged her mother tightly. Her mother broke the hug and adjust herself leveling her daughter's height. She cupped her daughter's face and give her a kiss on her forehead.

"Stop crying. I will join you" Yerin stopped crying and her eyes shines, also her beautiful smile came out naturally. She excitedly pulls her mother along to the roller coaster.

 

"What do you want for your birthday my cute baby?" Yerin's father gave her a piggy back. Yerin just look at her father. Her father look at her and ask her again. 

Yerin smiled, " anything is okay as long as it comes from you."

His father smiled, " you are really like your mother." He gave Yerin a fun piggy back ride that made Yerin smiled. 

Yerin's parents are not living together due to some problems that only the two of them knows. Yerin grew up with her mother in the age of 4, she was still young at that time. Even her parents are not together, they still have strong connections and they would even meet to have some bonding time with Yerin. Yerin doesn't understand the fact on why they need to be separated when they were okay but even so, she was happy that they have time to meet and have bonding time together.

 

"How old are you now?" Both of her parents asked while holding a cake.

"8!" Yerin said happily.

"Woah! Our child is growing cutely" her father said. Her mother agreed.

Yerin blowed the cake but she had a worried face loooking at her parents. Her parents were both confused at her. Yerin just shook her head and smiled, she doesn't want them to worry.

Yerin went to her bed and lay down. Both of her parents were staying in the house. Her father shared a story for her to listen. Yerin closes her eyes as she listens, she tried to focus at her father's voice.

Yerin was asleep by the storytelling. Her parents slept beside her.

 

Yerin suddenly opens her eyes and panted, she then notice her friends who was there beside her bedside; waiting for her to wake up. She look around the unfamiliar place. She was surrounded in a white four walls.

"Where am I?" she asked gently as she looks at them.

"You are in the hospital." Hayoung, her friend replied.

Yerin just nodded her head as she remembered what happened and looked at her stomach, the shot was healed. She move her head around,looking for someone else. Her parents.

"Where are my parents?" Yerin asked looking at Hayoung.

Hayoung remained silent and put her head down, looking sad. Yerin was clueless, she look at them confused.

"What? What happened to them?" Tears naturally falls from her eyes while asking.

"They are gone" Joy answered while crying.

Yerin stopped asking and open in disbelief with tears falling one by one until she sobs in pain. She feel guilty at the same time. If only she had told them earlier, maybe it will be prevented.

 

If I told them, they might freak out and maybe will not believe me.

 

Yerin grew up as young and beautiful lady, she grew up taller than she was before.But she has a hidden secret that no one knows.

She wanted to forget about it but she can't... that voice keeps hunting her.

Would I tell them or not? 

But it is not true after all, why am I so worried?

 

Remember this... I will... kill your parents.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note: woah i finallyy write this idea which is stocked everytime i sleep hehe...btw, the 1st person POV is a dream...thank you :) (I edited it to make it a little better)