Excerpt

Pour Toujours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first time I met Mino, we were both kids running around the refreshments table during one of the many social functions our families attended. You know all that situation where adults are busy talking about politics and economics while their kids that they dragged along are easily bored so they entertain themselves by finding their peers and start playing games only they understand.

 

Or so I remembered.

 

Maybe we've met before that, maybe we have not. There's a possibility that we've known each other since we were in diapers. Maybe even before one of our moms had given birth to us. Who knows? These parents and their upper society run for decades. Talking about old money.

 

I think we got along well when we were kids. Not bffs but you know, I'd like to think we played together several times. Of course as we were getting older, we got busier and we skipped gathering here and there until we stopped accompanying our parents altogether and began spending more time with our own mutuals; schoolmates and coworkers and all.

 

I forgot the exact time when we met again after puberty and teenage days. But I remembered that I've bumped into him at parties every now and then in the years prior to that fateful night. We didn't talk much, just exchanging greetings or nodding to acknowledge each other's presence. We might come from the same elite Seongbuk neighborhood, but the adult us danced in different social circles. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter