Oneshot

Apples, stars and you

When Baekhyun had first burst into the lecture hall hurriedly, bag flinging messily behind him as he scanned the hall to find a place, he had sat next to Chanyeol.

That had meant something, but they hadn’t known.

What did Professor Kim say? He asked in a rushed tone, pulling out his notebook from his bag and flipping to a random blank page before fishing out his pencil case — all done without as much as a glance directed at the person he was speaking to.

The writing deadlines. It was the deep voice that rang low in his ears that had him snap his head up to see tightly pursed lips that were pressed into a thin line and a hand, bigger than his own with faint veins visible, pushing another notebook towards him with deadlines marked down.

Thanks. Baekhyun murmured and wrote them down, tilting his head slightly as he did, because he found it funny how the boy’s eyes were full of stars. He pushed the notebook back towards the lanky boy next to him with a slight smile.

He drummed his fingers on his lap throughout the lecture, the bracelet with a dangling decoration of an apple blinding him occasionally as light beads reflected off it. The deep-voiced, tall teen didn’t talk to him anymore. The lecture ended, and Baekhyun practically ran out of the hall for lunch, leaving Chanyeol shaking his head as he packed, eyes twinkling with a little bit of amusement and a little bit of something else.

(Baekhyun ran because his stomach was feeling uncomfortable with a little bit of rumbling hunger and a little bit of something else that could possibly be described as butterflies taking off.)

-

It was a few months later when the two met again, with Baekhyun nearly having a heart attack as he stumbled into this tall guy who felt like a wooden board. His nose hurt from the blow, and he rubbed it, pouting with distaste as he waited in line for his food. The guy in front of him didn’t seem to even realise that someone had banged into him, and Baekhyun couldn’t stop himself from tapping him on the shoulder, ready to bark out insults with as much venom as his little mind could think of.

But the guy whirled around, his lips still the wary, cautious tight line that hid too much of his plump lower lip, and Baekhyun’s mouth dried and he forgot all his words as he found himself face to face with the familiar boy he couldn’t even put a name to. Not that he had ever hoped to know that name, of course. Definitely not. Baekhyun’s eyelashes fluttered as he blinked soundlessly, hand still unconsciously rubbing his nose as he openly stared at the not-exactly-stranger, his mind dazed as he watched the stars in the boy’s eyes twinkle, and Baekhyun found their glow the brightest.

Excuse me? The tall boy asked, eyebrows raised, and Baekhyun silently prayed that he wouldn’t recognise him.

You— I— my nose— He stuttered with little grace and mentally smacked himself, cringing at his own awkwardness.

Oh, so you were the one who hit me earlier? Sorry I thought it was some child. It was that velvety deep voice again, this time with a little more amused warmth folded neatly inside the calm tone and Baekhyun whipped his head up at the word ‘child’, nostrils naturally flaring.

Excuse me? He angrily asked. Stranger, insulting him when he was the one who had Baekhyun hurt? He glared at the taller, his grip around his stack of books tightening.

Two rows of pearly white teeth appeared, and Baekhyun came to realise, in a haze, that the guy was smiling, and oh God, believe him, it was one beautiful thing. Baekhyun tried to shake the thought away from his mind as the stranger leaned down slightly in a patronising manner, I’m sorry about your nose, I hope it doesn’t hurt. And—I like your bracelet. Apple. Still so shiny.

Baekhyun couldn’t seem to speak as he made an unintelligible squeak, jaws slack as he instinctively looked down at the bracelet on his wrist, the apple pendant dangling from it with childish grace.

Nice meeting you again, Byun Baekhyun. I’ll see you around. The thin line of pressed lips appeared again, and as Baekhyun’s mind reeled with how the guy knew his name, he was left alone with a retreating tall figure.

What is your name? He nearly yelled, sounding slightly too desperate and the tall boy turned around slightly, flashing his winsome grin again as he called back, Park Chanyeol.

That night, Baekhyun fell asleep with his phone in his hand, screen still bright with a list of accounts with the name Park Chanyeol but none belonging to the tall, deep voiced, beautiful Park Chanyeol.

(He hadn’t thought of why Park Chanyeol had left before even paying for his food. Little did he know Park Chanyeol had ran because of the tingling of his heart as he saw Baekhyun.)

-

And the next meeting of the two occurred another month later. Baekhyun was running to catch up with Kyungsoo after class since the latter had stomped out of the lecture hall grumpily. Kyungsoo had packed and was ready to go when he had called for Baekhyun ten times to leave only to realise the said boy next to him was staring blank-faced at a series of deadlines.

What’s so interesting about these dates that you have to ignore the ten thousand times I’ve called your name, Baek? He asked irritably, to which Baekhyun replied dreamily, My writing deadlines.... He lent me his book to copy these down....

Who? Who is ‘he’? You have a crush, Baek? Kyungsoo asked, incredulous before Baekhyun had finally snapped out of his dream and was ignoring him pointedly, packing his books into his bag lazily with an air of you-don’t-need-to-know. This had Kyungsoo mad as he flung his bag over his shoulder, huffing in anger and leaving without a word. Knowing his best friend’s temper, Baekhyun gave a soft laugh before following him, striding quickly in hope of catching Kyungsoo up.

Kyungsoo! He called after the angrily retreating figure before realising that he wasn’t the only one who had yelled for his best friend. He paused for a moment as Kyungsoo slowed down as well, his gaze directed at another direction and Baekhyun watched in horror and disbelief as Park Chanyeol emerged from the Art Building, a lopsided smile showing slightly on his face as he walked towards Kyungsoo.

Baekhyun stood rooted in place, unable to believe that the person who had been in his mind in the past month, months even, was standing in front of him again with ease. Realising he wasn’t the only person who had called for Kyungsoo, Park Chanyeol whirled slightly towards Baekhyun’s direction, and Baekhyun swore he saw the tall boy’s eyes light up with amused surprise. Baekhyun watched the usual stars in Chanyeol’s eyes blind his vision, and this time, the stars were laughing in bright joy, as if they were happy to meet him again.

Oh hey, Chanyeol, what’s up? Kyungsoo smiled, rubbing his temple as he followed Chanyeol’s gaze towards Baekhyun and huffed, I’m sorry, that’s my idiotic best friend, Baekhyun.

Trotting slowly towards the pair, Baekhyun decided to keep his mouth shut as it usually brought him nothing but trouble.

We meet again, Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun, his gaze straight, bold and unwavering. Blushing slightly, Baekhyun dropped his head in embarrassment and replied a simple Yes.

For a moment, no one spoke as Baekhyun stared at his own fingers, finding himself yearning to wrap them around Chanyeol’s. Chanyeol was still gazing at him, and Kyungsoo looked between them in confusion, What is this ridiculous awkwardness? Baekhyun I swear you are becoming more ridiculous, from staring at writing deadlines and fanboying over how your little crush told you about them to this awkar—Ouch what was that for!?

Shut up, shut up! Baekhyun hissed, his palm tightly wrapped around Kyungsoo’s mouth, another hand feeding Kyungsoo’s biceps with punches as he glanced at Chanyeol, face bright red and gaze averted once he met Chanyeol’s amused stare. Kyungsoo struggled in Baekhyun’s grip, muffled yells of Byun Baekhyun you little brat faintly understandable.

He wasn’t t-talking about the deadlines you told me about—I-I’m just saying— Baekhyun stuttered as he lied through gritted teeth, cheeks flaming under Chanyeol’s intense stare.

You were fanboying over another guy? Ow, I’m hurt, Chanyeol chuckled teasingly, and Baekhyun decided not to reply so he wouldn’t embarrass himself anymore.

Anyway, Kyungsoo, it’s great to see you. I had wanted to tell you that Professor Jung said we are having Calculus II tomorrow evening at 7pm. Chanyeol turned back to Kyungsoo who was panting from fighting with Baekhyun. Baekhyun watched Kyungsoo’s eyes enlarge comically as his best friend screeched, Tomorrow evening? Hell, no, I have an exhibition to attend tomorrow!

Well, Chanyeol laughed, soft peals of bubbly laughter ringing like a melodic tune in Baekhyun’s ears, if you are talking about the Art exhibition, I’d love to tell you that Jongin is not going tomorrow, so quit waiting for him. I’ll see you in Calculus then?

He’s not going?? Kyungsoo practically screamed, No way! Well, then Calculus it is then. He turned away glumly, Thanks, and see you tomorrow, Chanyeol.

Baekhyun was half-dragged away from Chanyeol when he lost his control and bursted, You take Calculus?

Chanyeol smiled at him, the gorgeous smile Baekhyun had seen only three times but had already fallen in love with hung on his cheeks as his deep voice rang, Yeah, I guess, but I’m an Art major. Artists need Maths and logic too.

Baekhyun mumbled how he disagreed and hated Maths before sending Chanyeol a feeble smile and a wave that was too sloppy for Baekhyun’s liking. He watched Chanyeol shove his large hands into his pockets as he gave Baekhyun one last glance and entered the building behind him.

 

You do realise that you are totally into him, don’t you, Baek? Kyungsoo asked, amused as he watched the daze look on Baekhyun’s face. No I don’t, Baekhyun gave him a look, Are you guys close though, seeing he knows about your crush on Jongin?

 

Yeah, we take a few classes together… I could give you his number, seeing how he is totally into you as well? Kyungsoo asked.

 

Baekhyun had too much on his mind that night as he fell asleep on the couch, a pack of Doritos tossed and left unnoticed on the floor and his phone left untouched as it displayed a string of numbers throughout the night that Baekhyun hadn’t had the courage to dial.

 

-

 

They hit off right after though. Baekhyun had his mind too stuffed with Park Chanyeol’s eyes, Park Chanyeol’s hands, Park Chanyeol’s ears and Park Chanyeol’s lips that he hadn’t really thought about why Park Chanyeol himself had appeared and sat down with Kyungsoo and him during lunch the other day, but he knew he was more than ecstatic about it.

 

And Baekhyun realised, after a month or so of which he had spent with Kyungsoo and Chanyeol, that he adored the tall boy. He had become so much more comfortable with Chanyeol, but he still went utterly weak in his knees whenever Chanyeol addressed him and said his name in that melodic velvety voice of his, his clammy palms clenched into little fists behind him that held him back from wrapping his fingers around Chanyeol’s.

 

The stars in Chanyeol’s eyes were always there. Baekhyun had read horoscopes in them, and they always seemed to speak to him, greeting him with joy in the morning and bidding him goodbye. Baekhyun had always been too mesmorized to know that they were speaking for Chanyeol.

 

And there was Kyungsoo. Will you, He snapped irritably one day as the trio walked towards their next class, stop staring at Chanyeol and really listen to what I am saying, Byun Baekhyun? Chanyeol’s laugh echoed along the way as Baekhyun blushed scarlet and tackled Kyungsoo to the floor, punching him playfully in mortified embarrassment. His eyes crept to Chanyeol who was laughing so hard, and for a moment, Baekhyun hated how even the curve of Chanyeol’s lips had his stomach doing somersaults. His lips ran dry at how beautiful Chanyeol looked, and Kyungsoo had to snap his fingers in front of his eyes to stop him from drooling. Baekhyun ducked his head, cheeks puffed in sheepish annoyance that seemed to linger through the rest of the day as he avoided Chanyeol’s gaze pointedly, his eyes unconsciously returning to Chanyeol before looking away quickly whenever caught.

 

Deep down, Baekhyun wondered how Chanyeol felt. Baekhyun knew by now that it was no secret to Chanyeol how the shorter boy was oh-so-into him, and Baekhyun couldn’t help but ponder why the taller boy was still lingering around them. It has been months, months of not-so-secret admiration to Chanyeol in Baekhyun’s case, and Chanyeol didn’t seem to be slightly bothered by it, laughing every tease from Kyungsoo off as if they were merely a joke in a soap drama.

 

Unable to solve the question himself, Baekhyun opted to asking Kyungsoo about it one day when the latter was working on his Calculus notes in Baekhyun’s room. Chanyeol had just phoned Kyungsoo, informing him that Jongin was going to attend a night party next week, which had Kyungsoo hyper as he thanked Chanyeol with fervent gratitude, Chanyeol’s loud laugh echoing around the room and bouncing off the walls. Upon hearing the beautiful laughter, Baekhyun decided he liked Chanyeol a little more.

 

It has been two months since he has been hanging out with us, Baekhyun started after Kyungsoo ended the call.

 

Yeah… So? Kyungsoo asked carelessly not taking his eyes off his work.

 

Like, why? Why is he always around? I mean— Baekhyun paused, flustered and all.

 

Kyungsoo glanced at him and groaned, I can’t believe I have been third-wheeling for nothing. Don’t tell me you are asking yourself this now, Baekhyun, are you blind? I thought by now your dense little brain would know—Chanyeol has been around because he likes you, apparently!

 

Baekhyun huffed and said nothing in reply, because a voice in his brain told him that there was simply no way Chanyeol liked him. He sulked slightly, his shoulders sagging and for a moment, he wanted to wallow himself in self-pity as he thought about his crush being so near and yet so far from his grip.

 

Have you seen the way he looks at you? Kyungsoo asked, slightly incredulous.

 

Have you seen the way he looks at everything? Baekhyun retorted. In truth, Baekhyun had not seen the way Chanyeol looked at him because he had been either too shy to look up or too busy goggling at Chanyeol’s arms to notice. Honestly, Kyungsoo, he looks at a passing butterfly or the spaghetti you make him with the same smile as he looks at any of us.

 

Actually, no. I don’t know if you remember anymore, but I have never seen Chanyeol smile as much as he had in the past two months. God, Baekhyun, he is not someone that good with smiles. Kyungsoo replied. Baekhyun recalled the first time he had seen Chanyeol and the tight line of his lips pressed together before realising that Kyungsoo did have a point.

 

But he still doesn’t like me. Baekhyun argued stubbornly, his traitorous heartbeat quickening as he considered whether Chanyeol had been smiling because of him.

 

Kyungsoo didn’t reply to that, choosing to roll his eyes and focus on his work with an air of I-am-not-taking-your-crap-anymore-Baek. Baekhyun threw himself deeper into his pillow and quilts, his drawn out sigh muffled as he willed himself to a take a nap that would distract him from his crush.

 

(Baekhyun woke up in the late evening from a particularly unforgettable wet dream that involved too much of his secret desires. Kyungsoo was long gone and Baekhyun shamefully palmed himself on the couch, finishing off what Chanyeol had started in his dream.)

 

-

 

The confession was the simplest one, with nothing extraordinary. It was Chanyeol’s celebration party of his first art piece entering a huge exhibition, and a bunch of his friends including Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were invited. Baekhyun was left alone at his seat, Kyungsoo long gone chasing after Jongin as Baekhyun twirled a glass of wine in his hand, cringing slightly as the strong bitter scent of beer in the crowded party room hit his senses.

 

When Chanyeol had stumbled towards him, Baekhyun observed his beautiful features, mouth running dry and fingers unconsciously tightening around his glass. Chanyeol’s eyes were wide, irises full-blown as if seeing something pleasantly surprising, a careless grin hung on his face as he walked towards Baekhyun, wobbling slightly. Baekhyun swallowed with slight difficulty, heart beating a little too fast as he met the carefree gaze of Chanyeol.

 

Baek, Chanyeol said, giddy as he sat down next to Baekhyun, who felt like jolting at the deep voice that he had thought about since forever.

 

Hey, I see you are not just a little drunk. Baekhyun teased, setting his glass down on the table and turning to face Chanyeol.

 

Hm. Chanyeol sighed in content, not really replying to him as he closed his eyes with a smile on his face. He sat still, like a puppy waiting to be pet by his owner, and for a moment, Baekhyun couldn’t stop himself.

 

Will you remember this when you wake up tomorrow morning? Baekhyun whispered.

 

Chanyeol opened his eyes, giving him an innocent look without replying, smiling like a retard that Baekhyun found too cute. Gently, hesitantly, Baekhyun ran his fingers through Chanyeol’s soft brown locks, a proud smile set upon his lips as he watched Chanyeol close his eyes again, leaning against his elegant fingers.

 

Baek, he sighed again, Baekhyun.

 

I’m here. Baekhyun replied softly, Chanyeol.

 

When Chanyeol’s eyes opened again, they were on fire. They burnt with an intensity that was abnormal for a drunk boy, and as Baekhyun met his gaze, he was melted, sweetness piercing through his heart like honey. The stars in Chanyeol’s eyes were alive, waltzing around as if hyped, stumbling into one another as if they were messed up like Baekhyun’s heartbeat, and Baekhyun watched them twinkle, glowing and glittering. He felt his affection towards Chanyeol swell in his chest, settling into his every fibre and every marrow of his bones.

 

Will you remember this when you wake up? Baekhyun asked again, his fingers stopping their movement and settling comfortably against the back of Chanyeol’s neck.

 

Chanyeol spoke nothing and continued to look at him, gaze burning and lightened up.

 

I hope you won’t, Baekhyun continued when he got no reply and shuffled closer to Chanyeol, because I’ve been wanting to say this too much.

 

He exhaled, looking down at his lap for a second to prepare his uncontrollable confession, only to have his chin tilted back up by a finger. He yelped softly in surprise, his stare moving upwards as he came face to face with Chanyeol.

 

Tension was so thick in the air that Baekhyun could taste it on his tongue, intensity rolling off Chanyeol as the drunk boy held his gaze, What?

 

I— I, Baekhyun stuttered, flocks of butterflies taking off in his stomach and diverting his attention from speaking. His hand was limp on the back of Chanyeol’s neck, and he knew if he were to stand up now, his legs would be too wobbly to move.

 

I like you.

 

There. Baekhyun said it. He squeezed his eyes tight as he waited for Chanyeol’s rejection, hatred even. He could feel his heart pounding against his ribcage, blood scorching into his brain and fully taking his ability to think away.

 

And Chanyeol’s lips were on his.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes flew open in surprise and disbelief, only to find Chanyeol’s face directly in front of him, too close and too beautiful, his eyes softly closed and his lips biting gently on Baekhyun’s lower lip.

 

Baekhyun’s mind was screaming nonsense as he quickly closed his eyes and eased into the kiss, fully enjoying Chanyeol’s soft lips against his.

 

Yes, I’ll remember this when I wake up tomorrow morning. Chanyeol whispered as he broke the kiss, smacking his lips as if he had just devoured something delicious, and Baekhyun’s cheeks flushed crimson as he watched Chanyeol, dazed, and for a fleeting moment, Baekhyun realised he didn’t only liked Chanyeol.

 

He had fallen in love. He didn’t know when, didn’t know how, only knew he did.

 

Oh, and by the way— Chanyeol said, standing up, I like you too.

 

And Baekhyun fell a little more.

 

-

 

The next morning, Baekhyun rushed into the morning lecture as usual. He scanned the lecture hall, hoping to find a seat far away from Chanyeol. His usual seat next to the tall boy was empty, waiting for him to take it, but he shook his head and walked towards the opposite direction, eventually sitting down next to his friend Minseok.

 

Good morning, Minseok commented, glancing slightly at Chanyeol who was looking at Baekhyun, a blank look on his face, How about your friend Park Chanyeol?

 

Friend? What? Since when have Park Chanyeol been my friend? Baekhyun asked sarcastically. He had never, not even one single moment, thought of Chanyeol merely as his friend.

 

Minseok raised his eyebrows at that, Chanyeol and you are fighting?

 

Baekhyun shook his head quietly at that and pulled his Mac out from his bag, his mind getting muddled.

 

To be honest, Baekhyun had no idea what he was doing. He had confessed, and got a confession in return, even, what could he ask for? He bit his lips, his cheeks flushing as he thought of Chanyeol’s I like you too, and Baekhyun lowered his head, relishing in the messy sweetness of the confession and the kiss.

 

He was shy, he admitted to himself. There was no other reason he was avoiding Chanyeol, the boy had admitted to liking him back, for God’s sake. He wasn’t ready to face a sober Chanyeol whose eyes twinkled with too many stars.

 

When the lecture ended, Baekhyun had planned on running. He waved Minseok goodbye, the boy staring at him with amused sympathy but Baekhyun couldn’t have cared less.

 

He got to his feet abruptly, flinging his bag across his shoulder as he darted towards the exit at top speed. For some reason, he had forgotten how long Chanyeol’s legs were when he had been planning his escape route, and therefore as Baekhyun neared the door, he was caught in the arm by no other than Chanyeol.

 

Baekhyun. Chanyeol said, voice too deep and downright y for Baekhyun to handle.

 

Woah, hi, Chanyeol, didn’t see you there. But I am sorry, I have to go-- Baekhyun rushed, an embarrassed smile on his face as he tried to struggle out of Chanyeol’s grip, his heart pounding too hard and his blood rushing to his mind.

 

Where are you going? Chanyeol asked, sounding slightly irritated and slightly amused as he tightened his grip on Baekhyun’s arm, pulling him closer to himself.

 

Ummmmm, Baekhyun racked his brain for a proper excuse. He was vaguely aware of the groups of students swarming out of the lecture hall as he struggled to think straight, because Chanyeol being physically closer was effectively messing his train of thoughts up.

 

Wherever that is, Chanyeol continued, his voice getting softer as he watched Baekhyun’s expression, I hope you wouldn’t go. I’ve got us two tickets for The Greatest Showman this evening.

 

The Gre-- A movie? Us? Baekhyun squeaked, fireworks exploding in his mind as he looked at Chanyeol, jaws dropping, Do you mean we are going as a-- as a--

 

A date, yes, Chanyeol laughed, ruffling Baekhyun’s hair with his free hand, So, are you going anywhere else then?

 

No, Baekhyun replied too quickly, No, I am not.

 

Chanyeol laughed again, and Baekhyun thought that there must be a thousand of galaxies in Chanyeol’s eyes. The tall boy leaned down, pecking Baekhyun on his forehead as he whispered next to his ears, I remembered everything when I woke up, Baek. I’ll see you later.

 

Baekhyun watched Chanyeol go, mouth still fallen open wide. A shrill ringing of his phone from Kyungsoo’s call snapped him out of his trance a few minutes later, and swallowing the drool that had been threatening to spill, he answered the call, running back to his dorm to get ready for the night.

 

-

 

The gift from Chanyeol that Baekhyun adored the most was a necklace, one simple silver chain that he had worn around his neck since he had received it. On the thin chain hung a pendant in the shape of an apple, its surface covered in silvery pebbles of diamonds that glittered in the dim light of the streetlamps as the two walked slowly, sided-by-side back to their dorms.

 

Your bracelet caught my attention the first time I saw you, Chanyeol had explained as he watched in satisfaction the way Baekhyun admired the necklace, twirling it between his fingers, I thought I would get you one.

 

Baekhyun glanced down at his wrist, watching the reddish apple dangle from his bracelet in a childish grace, and decided not to tell Chanyeol it was a gift from Kyungsoo since such piece of information would no doubt ruin the romantic thoughts Chanyeol had towards it.

 

I love this, Baekhyun whispered fervently, motioning at the silver chain around his neck as he locked his fingers around Chanyeol’s, Thank you.

 

Chanyeol seemed to be struggling for a bit, before he leaned down and pecked Baekhyun on his closed eyelids, And I love you, Baekhyun.

 

It was the first time the word ‘love’ had been presented between them, clear as daylight and so ready to be conveyed. Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol, smiling brightly as he fleetingly thought about how lucky he was to have met his Prince Charming.

 

I love you more, Baekhyun replied, soft and sure.

 

The silvery moonlight illuminated the dark, and Chanyeol stopped his steps, halting Baekhyun with him. The warm street lights sprinkled glittering gold onto the sprigs of grass near them, and Baekhyun thought Chanyeol’s eyes had meteoroids that soared with grace and beauty. The taller boy was leaning down, and as their lips met, Baekhyun felt his heartbeat quicken as if it was the first time.

 

Above them the stars twinkled in grace, and right below their sealed lips, the silver apple pendant shone as it had never before.

 

-

 

Baekhyun liked Chanyeol’s voice.

 

It was undeniable how his heart sped up whenever Chanyeol spoke his name, and it got even worse whenever Chanyeol sang.

 

Chanyeol wasn’t a good singer, no. His vocal range was a tad too narrow, and when his voice broke he would continue so smoothly that Baekhyun wondered if he had even realised it.

 

But Baekhyun still loved it. On their second anniversary, Chanyeol sang for Baekhyun. With light on the guitar, Chanyeol sang Baekhyun his heart, his deep voice wonderfully complementing the soothing melody of the song, and Baekhyun decided that the little broken notes at the end made the whole performance more perfect because after all, it was Chanyeol who was singing.

 

Chanyeol’s voice alone was enough to replace the harmony of a choir of angels’ for Baekhyun, and as Baekhyun applauded when Chanyeol finished, he hoped that his monotonous clapping would be heard as a standing ovation to Chanyeol, because that was what he deserved.

 

Baek, Chanyeol chuckled as he put his guitar away, You are drooling.

 

Baekhyun didn’t reply, instead grabbed Chanyeol’s face and slanted his lips against Chanyeol’s plump ones, feeling the taller boy smile into his kiss, his long fingers silently curling around the apple necklace resting on Baekhyun’s neck.

 

You sing beautifully, Baekhyun breathed against Chanyeol.

 

For you, Baek, Chanyeol replied, rubbing his thumb over the silvery apple and capturing Baekhyun’s lips again, Anything for you.

 

-

 

Chanyeol painted for Baekhyun.

 

Being all too talented with paint and brushes, Chanyeol drew evenings away, and Baekhyun would watch in amazement how the brushes twisted and waltzed in Chanyeol’s hands.

 

You are so good at this, He would admire, sometimes in his mind, sometimes aloud.

 

And the crooked smile Chanyeol sent his way would be too attractive for Baekhyun to handle, I know… And I wonder what I am also good with my hands, Baek.

 

Chanyeol’s long fingers would curl around his waist in a flirtatious manner, and as Baekhyun screamed in laughter for Chanyeol to focus on his artwork, the two would eventually fall onto the couch, heated palms leaving trails of fire everywhere on each other’s bodies as they sealed their lips together.

 

And as Chanyeol pounded into Baekhyun in earnest, Baekhyun would see stars. It was the only time ever, Baekhyun thought in a daze, that he would see stars outside Chanyeol’s eyes.

 

-

 

Baekhyun wrote for Chanyeol. He had graduated to become a young writer, one that had not yet finished his first work and was still negotiating with the publishers.

 

But that was okay, because Chanyeol said it was okay. Don’t hurry with your work, He would say as he watched Baekhyun fist his own locks in front of his unfinished stories, We want quality, Baek. Quality. Take time and write the perfect book.

 

I have no income, Chanyeol, Baekhyun would reply, desperate, I want to use my own money on you too. I want to stop spending yours like the irresponsible brat I am right now.

 

It’s okay, Baek, Chanyeol would murmur, lips barely touching his ears, leading Baekhyun to close his eyes and let angry tears accumulated from the cumbersome stress fall down his cheeks, One day you will be the well-known writer all around the world where parents would read your books to their children, and it will work out very very soon.

 

Baekhyun doubted Chanyeol’s words, but his heart ached for them as he whispered, Thank you, Chanyeol.

 

And Chanyeol would stay up with him, wiping his tears, reading the fresh new pages Baekhyun wrote and whispering the sweetest compliments of all. Baekhyun would look at Chanyeol and let the taller’s encouraging words sink in and tug at his heart.

 

As he held the necklace around his neck in bed, feeling the smooth shape of apple rest silently in his palm, he vowed soundlessly to never let the stars in Chanyeol’s eyes lose their shine.

 

-

 

Chanyeol got down on one knee after they had been together for seven years.

 

For some reason, Baekhyun hadn’t known how to react when the taller had knelt down in front of him, holding out a silky box with a ring nestled in its centre. He had thought of crying, and the tears had threatened to spill, but Baekhyun didn’t want to ruin the moment with his tears, and so he forced them back, biting his lips so hard that they bled, flooding his sense with the strong taste of metal and iron.

 

Are you not going to answer me, Baekhyun? Chanyeol asked, his eyes shining as usual and slightly amused, his hand unmoving with an air of confidence and fervent passion.

 

Baekhyun continued to stay silent as he looked deep into Chanyeol’s eyes. Momentarily, he was thrown back to the second when he had rushed into the lecture and asked Chanyeol for writing deadlines. He remembered Chanyeol’s face from that time, younger, with softer features and lacking a trace of smile, but still with the same stars in his eyes that had him into their never-ending galaxies. He had fallen, right from that second, and he had no doubt that he would be in love until the very end.

 

You have stars in your eyes, Chanyeol, He murmured, taking a step towards Chanyeol, who had meteoroids twirling in his two magical orbs, And there is nothing I love more than them.

 

Chanyeol smiled at him, warm and expectant.

 

Yes, Chanyeol, Baekhyun spoke, quiet but clear, Yes I would love to spend the rest of my life with you.

 

Their lips met, and Baekhyun felt the silver ring, cool and smooth and so perfect for him, close around his finger as he gripped onto Chanyeol’s not-so-straightened shirt, exhaling in content and wonder.

 

And above them, the stars flew across the dark splash of the sky, the faint vibrations from their joyous laughter filling Baekhyun’s mind. Below them, the apple pendant shone, this time not alone, but with the glittering rings on the two men’s fingers.

 

-

 

End, ta-da! I am not sure how long this is, and I really don’t wanna bother with counting and proofreading… My first ever finished Baekyeol fic! Please comment loads and love you all.

 

Xoxo,

Gorgeous313

 

P.S. I have imagined Chanyeol singing “Your Song” by Sam Kim to Baekhyun, it’s such a beautiful song if you have ever listened to it… <3