Confession to Confusion

Dilemmas of the Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
.: Confession to Confusion


Baekhyun had a dilemma.

Not the type he thought he would have from the situation, but a dilemma nonetheless.

For one, Chanyeol hadn't stopped staring at him.

He broke Chanyeol.
 


EXO and the gang were having a fun night of just letting loose - guys being guys.

Games.

Alcohol.

Random loud noises.

What more did you need to end a tour with your brothers-in-contract?

The uncomfortable staring started with an innocent bet game between the members.

Well, as innocent it could be with a bunch of adults with their still adolescent mentalities.

The first rounds began with small things - truth or dare if someone lost.

They learned too much about each other they didn't wish to know when they were running out of things to tell, so they proceeded to the next level.

The next few rounds had them uping the ante.

Stakes were higher as they began to trade their belongings, strip, or worse.

Tell a secret absolutely no one knows.

Nearing the end of the tenth round, Baekhyun found himself doing his best not to shiver in his boxers while everyone laughed at him with missing jackets, sweaters, socks, and/or shirts.

So there he was, standing between his hyena-like friends who gathered as they awaited his choice after he had accidentally raised his hands up during their old game of 007.

Baekhyun stood proudly with his head held high and hands on his hips, displaying as much dignity and pride he could muster standing in pink polka dot boxer briefs.

A chorus of 'ooo's' sang out as EXO saw the man before them, ready to face his fate unafraid.

He flipped his bangs out of his eyes and faced Chanyeol, standing in front of the group.

Chanyeol fangirled with glee as if he were chosen to receive the pair of boxers but was surprised and given affection in an entirely different way.

Baekhyun bent over and took a swig of his remaining Soju. He stood, looked him dead in the eyes and said with a smile, "I've been in love with you, Chanyeol, for all five years we have been EXO."

He took a shot of whiskey to end his declaration - being the drama queen he was.

Baekhyun had to confess his way: with spunk, style, and some cliche manliness to leave his captors speechless.
 


So, here they stood.

EXO celebrating, dancing and gawking at the pair.

Chanyeol just stood with a blank expression, smile gone from his lips and eyes.

Baekhyun watched him curiously.

After about ten agonizing minutes, Chanyeol broke out into an amused smile and hit Baekhyun's arm playfully, laughing, "Yah... Baekhyun-ah! Don't joke like that... Hurry up! Choose - tell the truth or strip already!"

Baekhyun continued his eye contact with Chanyeol, his face serious, and he confessed again in simpler terms, "I love you."

Chanyeol spaced out again.

Baekhyun pointed at him. He poked his chest and confessed again in the most simplified way possible.

In one word, he says "Chuwa."

Another ten minutes passed by and EXO was waiting, staring and anticipating Chanyeol's response.

Kai shook Chanyeol when he was a bit too frozen and not breathing anymore, "Hyung. Hyung, you need to answer Baekhyun."

Chanyeol swallowed and could only murmur a reply.

"...But I'm straight."

"I know," Baekhyun replied curtly, unphased.

"...But we're best friends?"

"We are."

They stared at one another.

Chanyeol walked away.
 


EXO proceeded with their schedules normally.

There was no bad blood between them or even any awkwardness apparent.

Every interaction went on the same as any other day in the life of EXO until they came home.

Chanyeol just about ran away in the presence of his little friend.

Until one evening, Baekhyun caught him peeking around the corner almost like a tiny, timid but curious animal, observing the human on the living couch to see if he were dangerous.

Baekhyun raised his head slightly to meet his gaze.

Chanyeol squeaked out in an uncharacteristically, small, unsure voice, "...You like me?"

Baekhyun swallowed and nodded while pausing his show in case they were finally going to discuss it here and now.

Chanyeol disappeared into the hall back from the way he came.

Baekhyun shrugged and continued watching his show, munching on popcorn.

Jongdae, Minseok, and Junmyeon stared at him.
 


A few days later, Chanyeol peeked around the refrigerator door as Baekhyun was bent over, grabbing a drink.

"For all these years?" He whispered in such quiet disbelief, the question seemed more to himself than the member in the fridge.

Baekhyun jumped and screamed, squeezing the drink in his hand hard, making the juice c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter