butterflies

simple gestures, same great effects

WELCOME HOME!!!!” 


Kim Min kyu and Jo Ji Ah’s entrance was welcomed with great cheers from their dearest friends and family. 

 

“Uncle Min kyu!” shouts Donghyun who came running from her Mother’s side to hug her friend.

 

Min Kyu squatted down to welcome Donghyun’s hug warmly and carried the growing child. 

 

“Hey Donghyun, did all you do while I’m gone was to eat your Aunt’s rice balls? You’re getting heavier!” he joked. 

 

Donghyun wasn’t having it though and wants Ji Bae, her father, to scold Min Kyu. 

 


“Are you hearing this Dad? Don’t you ever let Aunt Ji Ah get married to him!”

 

The air was suddenly filled with laughter. 

 

This is home, Min Kyu thought. His home. 

 

He let go of Donghyun, touched her head and said “I am already engaged to your Aunt though child.” 

 

Ah, memories suddenly came flooding down like a current to his mind. The moment he asked Ji Ah’s hand for marriage under the night sky on the place of their first unofficial date, and his fear of Ji Ah’s brother when he was about to ask permission for his future plans with her. 


Her. 


His woman. 


The one who started it all. 

 

His Jo Ji Ah. 

 


“Eh, why are you smiling like an idiot?” Ji Ah suddenly busted Min Kyu’s mind bubble.

 

“He’s excited to get laid.” 


They all looked to owner of the voice. It was Sun Hye’s. 


The couple all went red. They all did. The response was met with awkward smiles and nervous laughter. It was Jin Bae who broke the ice. He was cupping Donghyun’s ears. “Hey! There are children here!” 

 

Smiles finally creased into their mouths and eyes. Ssanip laughed the hardest, followed by Hoktal. Ji Ah looked at Min Kyu and mouthed ‘welcome home’ in between her small but great laughs.

 

He felt that his heart skipped a beat. If it just wasn’t for Ji Ah holding his hand, he might have touched his heart and felt its rapid beating.

 

Sometimes he wanted to ask her how she does it. Simple words, nothing special, but the effects were the same. 

 


Butterflies on his stomach, racing heart and its ever expanding feeling. 

 

 

“Welcome home, brother!” screamed Ssanip while crying and aiming for a hug and he hugged him back.

 

He missed this crying mess. 2 years had gone and he’s still the same. 

 


He hugged all of them. Hoktal, Baek Gyoon, Pai, Jin Bae, Hong Joo, Donghyun’s litte sister, Ri El and even Yoo Cheol. 

 

Since his reconciliation with Yoo Cheol, he was planning on working for the betterment of their relationship. 

 

Yoo Cheol was his best friend, before he betrayed him 17 years ago. Min kyu thought that there is no way he's going to reconcile with the cause of his sickness. 

 

His sickness caged him for 15 years. 

 

15 lonely years.  

 

But he realised that his past doesn't concern him anymore. It doesn't hurt like hell like it did before. 

 

He was healing. Finally, he thought.

 

He didn't have the time to work on their relationship 2 years ago since he's about to leave for the army but he knew that he can trust Yoo Cheol now.

 

There is still some scars, yes, but, completely healed scars. 

 

 

"Okay, let's stop this before the food gets cold."

 

Hong Joo's growing concern for the food suggests that she might be the head of cooking for today. 

 

Ji Ah told him it's all home cooked food. She knew he missed the taste of it.  He didn't dared to ask if she helped with the cooking though, he might have lost the chance of getting kissed like that of earlier. 


He didn't actually mind.

 

No matter how bad tasting it is, for him, it's still better than his own-cooked meal.

 

Ji Ah made it for him after all. 

 

They all helped themselves on the table.It's actually a feast! There were food everywhere. 

 

 

This is their way of celebrating Min kyu's return.