fin

let me into your galaxy

 

he's really a quiet kid, hanbin notes when he spends time with him for the first time. hanbin himself isn't really talkative, but being with jinhwan for hours and not having him respond to anything at all alarms him a bit.

 

 

they're paired for a project and had the remaining 4 hours of their only friday class in the university to do it. jinhwan is a great partner, he really is. but he doesn't talk. it's not like he can't, hanbin confirmed this with their teacher,

 

('he's just a weird kid who hates everyone because we're all taller, now get out of my office, hanbin')

 

and hanbin feels somewhat responsible for jinhwan being quiet, because what if he is making jinhwan uncomfortable that's why he doesn't talk?

 

'are you okay?' hanbin asks, and for the first time since they've started working, jinhwan looks at him.

 

the first thing hanbin notices is his hair. for a face so small, jinhwan had a bit of a long hair, with bangs almost covering his--

 

eyes.

 

'what very pretty eyes,' hanbin thinks with awe. 

 

looking into his eyes is like staring into the late night sky and seeing, feeling, the warm light pouring out of the stars. 

 

hanbin just stares. jinhwan blinks twice and a blush forms on his cheek, but he doesn't look away.

 

'you have a whole galaxy inside you, do you know that?' hanbin blurts out suddenly. 

 

jinhwan's face flushes and he looks away. hanbin regrets speaking.

 

'i'm sorry.' he says. jinhwan hesitates for a moment, but then he looks at him again.

 

'it's okay.' he says softly. hanbin nods, looking away, still embarassed with the blatant staring he did seconds before.

 

but then realization hits him. he turns his head to look at jinhwan so fast it made him dizzy. 'you talked to me.' hanbin replies dumbly.

 

jinhwan's face turns red. he looks down and continues doing their forgotten work. 

 

hanbin is still confused, but he continues working too.

 

from time to time, hanbin stops his work and looks at jinhwan. somehow he can't help it.

 

jinhwan notices him but doesn't react.

 

'why don't you like talking to people?' hanbin asks. 

 

jinhwan stays silent. hanbin thinks he won't reply again but he does.

 

'i just don't want to.'

 

jinhwan says this with a sad voice, like there is more to it than just that, but hanbin decides not to ask more. there's time for everything.

 

'okay.'

 

this time it's jinhwan's turn to look at him. hanbin sees the conflict in jinhwan's eyes. 'can i trust you?' 'can i let you in?'

 

hanbin desperately wants to answer back, but his eyes are just a few flowers and jinhwan's are a garden.  

 

so he just smiles, wishing for jinhwan to understand.

 

jinhwan smiles back. he does understand.

 

'okay.' jinhwan says too, smiling.