ONE

The Abandoned House

“Yuu, I heard from my dad that there is one abandon house which is full of spirits. You should go there and check,” Nayeon showed the abandon house’s photo to Yuu.

 

Yuu examined the photo carefully without missing the details.

 

“Are you sure? Looks like this house is still occupied tho,” she doubt about that house’s status. By looking at the photo, it doesn’t seems like it was abandon for ages. It still look very new.

 

Nayeon nodded and said, “I’m pretty sure that that house is already abandoned. My dad said that it was abandoned since last year. I don’t really know what happened to the family who lived there.”

 

Yuu makes an ‘o’ shape mouth showing that she believed it.

 

When Yuu was a kid, she never believe about the existence of ghosts in this world.

 

She can only heard from her friend’s story who told her that they had seen a ghost.

 

She cannot believed it until she see the real ghost with her own eyes, not by hearing the stories from her friends.

 

Since then, she will go anywhere that have the possibilities to see ghosts. But it was never appeared in front of her.

 

“So, you wanna go there after school?” Nayeon asked. Even if she didn’t asks that question, Yuu will definitely go there. All by herself. Alone.

 

“Yup. Wanna join?” Yuu moves her closer to Nayeon’s face and gave a mischievous smile to her.

 

Nayeon pushed Yuu’s face away from her.

 

“Hell no! I’m not as brave as you, Yuu,” she rolled her eyes.

 

Yuu just laughed.

 

Just right in time, the teacher walks in the classroom with the materials required for the subject.

 

Both of them stopped their conversation and give full attention to the class.

 

Yuu diligently wrote down all the important notes on her note but her mind flew away from her body.

 

She keeps on thinking about that abandoned house.

 

This will be the last one. If there is still no ghost, I won’t believe it anymore.

 

 

 

 

 

In front of the abandoned house,

 

Wow! This house is much pretty than in the photo.

 

The house figure make Yuu amazed it. The house looks very clean without any single dust. Maybe there is but clearly it looks not what she thought of.

 

Yuu walked into the entrance and stand in front of the house’s main door. The white main door engraved with beautiful rose pattern on it.

 

The thought of the possibilities of ghost in her mind slowly faded.

 

Is Nayeon sure that this is the abandoned house? How come this house is so beautiful?

 

She still doubt about it.

 

Her hand reached the door knob and pushes it.

 

The door is unlock.

 

She opened the door ajar and put her head in like a turtle to look at the scene inside the house.

 

All the furniture in the living room are covered with white clothes. Except there are a few candles on the table.

 

Taking a risk, she bravely walked in and closed the door.

 

She walks slowly mesmerizing the interior structure. It looks very unique, seems like the owner of the house designed it personally.

 

She never saw the abandoned house that look very different with that she saw among the abandoned houses she went.

 

Yuu didn’t realized that there would be someone else inside the house too. Her overwhelm about the house makes her guard off.

 

While her eyes still wandering around, suddenly her shoulder is being touched coldly.

 

“ARGHHHHHHHHHH!” Yuu screamed very loudly that she swung her bag to that figure.

 

“Ouch! That hurts me,” that figure spoke.

 

“OMO!!!!! GHOST!!!!!!!!” she swung her bag again. But this time, she swung it very hard till it would really make someone who hit with it will faint.

 

“YAH! I’m not a ghost,” that figure spoke again. That figure steps backward to avoid being hit again.

 

“Oh…”

 

“I’m sorry. I thought you are a ghost,” Yuu hugged her bag and bowed.

 

The tall figure man glared at her like he would eat her alive.

 

Yuu gulped.

 

“Did you hurt?” Yuu touched his face. His face feels cold.

 

Cold? Is he a ghost?

 

Yuu remembered something that she read before that a ghost always feels cold. But she don’t know the reason why.

 

“Hey. Are you a ghost?” she asked curiously.

 

If he is a ghost, then this game is over.

 

“Of course I’m not. Who do you think I am? A vampire?” he smirked at her.

 

Ohhh he’s not a ghost then.

 

“I thought you are a ghost because you feel cold when I touch your head,” she raised her eyebrow.

 

“Why do you come here?” he turned around to take his bag on the floor.

 

“To see ghost.”

 

He looked at Yuu.

 

“Do you believe about ghosts?” a smirk plastered on his face.

 

“Of course I don’t. That’s why I’m not afraid to go alone into this house,” Yuu crossed her arms on her chest.

 

“Oho so how about we play spirit game?” he took out a thick old book. Seems like a wizard book or something that have spells to call out the spirits.

 

He was just trying to provoke her. He didn’t mean to do it real. But he was wrong.

 

“Why not. Maybe I can see a real ghost,” she shrugged her shoulder.

 

“...”

 

“I don’t feel like to play anymore,” he placed the book next to him.

 

He just left Yuu alone in the house and went out.

 

“Hey! Wait for me,” she chased after him.

 

He pretended not to listen anything and walked away.

 

Yuu walked beside him and looks at his face, “What’s your name?”

 

“You don’t have to know,” he answered coldly.

 

“I’m not asking about anything. I just want to know your name,” she still not give give up.

 

“Taehyung. Kim Taehyung,” he didn’t looked at her.

 

“Ohh I’m Hwang Yuu. You can call me Yuu,” she smiled at him.

 

“Pffttt what a weird name you have huh,” he chuckled and smiled.

 

Yuu was amazed with his smile.

 

His smile is so cute yet very y.

 

While walking together, she scans his appearance from head to toe.

 

There is no doubt that he is perfect figure she ever seen. His long eye lashes, his sharp nose, his sharp jawline, his broad shoulder, his long and thin finger, and even his long leg.

 

He might be able to be a model, or even a worldwide model with that body shape.

 

Maybe a Gucci model would suit him.

 

“Are you done staring at me?” his sudden question makes Yuu wake up from her imagination.

 

Her cheeks blushes red. She turned her head feeling embarrassed to mesmerized his body.

 

“I… I.. I’m not staring at you,” she stuttered.

 

“Such a liar,” he smirked.

 

 

 

 

 

The next day in the classroom,

Nayeon and Yuu eat their lunch together in the class.

 

“Yuu, did you go there?” Nayeon stuffed with a spoon full of rice.

 

“Yup,” Yuu nodded.

 

“So how? Did you see anything?” Nayeon asked very curiously.

 

“No. Only a guy.”

 

Nayeon choked . She looked at Yuu with wide eyes.

 

“WHAT?!!! A GUY?!! IS HE HANDSOME?!! IS HE IN OUR SCHOOL TOO?!!”

 

“Yah! Can you please lower down your voice. The others might hear you,” Yuu slapped Nayeon’s shoulder lightly.

 

“Answer me, Yuu,” she cupped her own cheeks. She’s too overwhelm hearing what her best friend said just now till she can’t control herself.

 

“Yes, he is. But no, he’s not in this school. Maybe K high school because his uniform looks different from us.”

 

“Awwwww how lucky you are. Instead of seeing a ghost, you met a hot freaking guy!,” Nayeon looked up while grinning. She looks very cute doing that.

 

“Yes, I am. But no, I’m not,” Yuu nodded and then shook her head.

 

“What the ?! What are you saying, Yuu? I don’t understand,” Nayeon looks back at Yuu. Their food left untouched on the table.

 

“Yes, he is a hot freaking guy coming out from another planet but no, I’m not that lucky because he acted coldly to me yesterday,” her explanation make Nayeon nodded her head.

 

“Maybe because he don’t know you well, that’s why he acts like that. Don’t you think so?” Nayeon sugarcoats.

 

“Mmmm maybe. I hope so,” Yuu continued eating her lunch. Nayeon joins too.

 

After they finished their lunch, the school bell rang.

 

 

 

 

 

At the abandoned house,

 

Why did I come here anyway? Its not like I’m going to see a real ghost popped out in this house.

 

Yuu walked inside the house boldly.

 

The scene is the same as what she saw yesterday. Nothing changed.

 

Yuu walked into a room with a door opened ajar.

 

As she walked inside, she saw a single bed and a closet.

 

Hmmm this bed still look very clean. Did anyone came here and clean this house?

 

Once again, she let her guard off. The door closed loudly.

 

She jumped off from where she stands. The blood rose up till her head. She panicked.

 

A ghost? Really? Ghost?!!!!

 

She closed her eyes and trying to breathe properly. But it doesn’t seems work for now. She still feels nervous.

 

! A real ghost came out now?!! NOW?!!!

 

As she trying to figure out how to come out from the room, a footstep coming closer to her.

 

!!! I”M GONNA DIE HERE! MOMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

 

Her tears fall on her cheeks.

 

The footstep slowly can be heard very clearly which makes her body stiffened.

 

Then, she felt something cold behind her.

 

The ghost tapped her shoulder, making her screamed out her voice from . She quickly ran towards the closed door.

 

She closed her wet face with both hands.

 

A laughter can be heard from the ghost.

 

“Gotcha! I know you are a coward,” Taehyung uncovered himself of the white cloth.

 

He continue laughed at her.

 

Yuu glared at him angrily but she can’t stop crying.

 

Seeing her crying face makes Taehyung feels guilty.

 

Taehyung walked closer to her. He wiped her tears with his thumb.

 

“Hey.. stop crying. I’m just joking around. I didn’t mean to scare you like this,” he cupped her cheeks.

 

He hugged her to comfort her from being scared. He her hair, wanting her to feel comfortable.

 

Taehyung never thought that Yuu would be cried when she scared. He thought that she only screamed and ran away like a cute dog but he was wrong again.

 

Yuu finally calmed down with warmness from Taehyung’s hug.

 

He’s so warm.

 

Yuu pushed Taehyung’s chest away from her, not wanting to make her blushes with his action.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“No, it’s okay. Not your fault tho,” Yuu walked away.

 

“Hey, Yuu. Let me walked you home,” he chased her and grabbed her hand.

 

Only silenced accompanied them along the journey.

 

 

 

 

 

At Taehyung’s school during recess,

 

Taehyung and his best friend sat on the table that across the basketball field.

 

“Taehyung-ah, did you still go to that house? Don’t you will feel more lonely by doing that?” his best friend seems very concerned about Taehyung.

 

Taehyung have been to that house for almost one year without any reason.

 

“Yes. Only that house can shoo away my loneliness and darkness life,” Taehyung looked at the sky with both his hands supporting his body to lean.

 

“Yeah but if you not going to stop, you might not be away to shoo that away forever,” he trying to persuade him.

 

“It’s okay, Baekhyun-ah. There is an interesting incident occurred a few days ago,” he chuckled remembering what happened when he met Yuu for the first time in that house.

 

Baekhyun raised his eyebrow demanding Taehyung to tell him.

 

“I met a girl. She’s really brave to go that house alone tho,” he slightly smiled.

 

“Oho that’s why you went there don’t you?,” Baekhyun shoved Taehyung’s shoulder with his shoulder.

 

Both of them broke into laughter.

 

“I kinda like her. Yesterday I set up a prank on her but it makes her scared to death. She ended up crying and I feel sorry for her,” he scratched his neck shyly.

 

“Oho my friend is fall in love. TAHEYUNG IS FALLING IN LOVE!!!!!” Baekhyun’s sudden shouting makes Taehyung panicked. He slammed Baekhyun’s head with his hand.

 

“Ouch! It hurts,” Baekhyun acting aegyo this time.

 

Oh my God. Why I’m still friend with this dork?

 

Taehyung rolled his eyes and walked back to his classroom.

 

Baekhyun giggled thinking about how his friend finally falls in love. He never hear Taehyung talking about a girl before. His confession makes him very happy on behalf of Taehyung.

 

Forgeting about the recess time almost over, he quickly ran off to his classroom as fast as he can.

 

His laughter can be heard clearly along the hallway.

 

 

 

 

 

Inside the abandoned house,

 

Taehyung playing a piano with a sad melody.

 

The melody itself represents his feelings. His loneliness, his desire on affection, his darkness life, his love.

 

After the song ended, his hand reached a small frame on the piano.

 

He wiped the frame, not wanting a dust land on it.

 

Then he placed back to its place and went off.

 

But he didn’t realized that Yuu was watching him from behind the tree.

 

He went off so early today mmmmm

 

After she making sure that Taehyung’s figure vanished from her sight, she entered the house.

 

Yuu saw a piano is uncovered.

 

Maybe he played this piano just now. I never knew he could play it.

 

She walked closer to the piano and discovered a small frame on it.

 

She grabbed it and observed carefully.

 

The frame displayed Taehyung smiled brightly with his younger brother, his mother and his father.

 

She flipped the frame and saw a handwriting which says, Happy Birthday, Kim Taehyung [30.12.xx]

 

So, this is his house. This photo is his family.

 

Suddenly she remembered the news she heard last year that there was a car crashed and unfortunately all of the passengers including the driver burned in fire. It was said that only the oldest son still alive because he wasn’t with them in the car.

 

Thinking about that makes her feels guilty and sorry for Taehyung.

 

Maybe he wants to celebrate his birthday with his family. Maybe I can do it for him.

 

She took out a lighter from her bag and lights up all the candles in the living room. She ran to the nearest bakery shop to buy a bake. Luckily the bakery shop is not far away from the house, which makes her to have more time to set up everything.

 

When she placed down the cake she had bought on the piano, the main door opened.

 

Taehyung came in with a bouquet of flowers on his hand.

 

“Yu.. Yuu? What are you doing?” Taehyung seems confused. The living room is bright with the candles that had been lighten up by Yuu. He even saw a cake on the piano.

 

“Ermmm I’m sorry. I didn’t know that this is your house and errr.. I saw a photo frame on that piano and errr.. I accidentally know that today is your birthday so err.. happy birthday?” Yuu stuttered. She bent down her head, playing the edge of her school uniform with her fingers, not wanting for him to mad at her.

 

Only a sound of sobbing can be heard.

 

Yuu lifted up her head and saw Taehyung crying.

 

“Oh no no. I’m truly sorry. I didn’t mean to..,” as she wanted to finish her words, Taehyung hugged her tightly.

 

“Thank you for doing this. I’m very lonely for all this time,” he covered his face on Yuu’s shoulder.

 

Yuu hugged Taehyung as if she didn’t want to let him go.

 

“It’s fine now. I’m here for you,” she comforted him.

 

“I won’t run away from you.”

 

“You promise you won’t?” he lifted up his head and looked at her eyes.

 

“Yes, I won’t,” she really mean it.

 

“Forever?”

 

“Forever.”

 

He showed her his most beautiful smile that he ever had. His eyes, again full of tears, getting ready to fall down in no time.

 

“Hey, don’t cry will you?” she caressed his right cheek.

 

“I won’t.”

 

Then, his face slowly came closer to her face and he pressed his warm lips against hers. Yuu closed her eyes, enjoying the best moment ever in her life.

 

 

 

 

 

Author’s note:

 

I’m sorry if the ending quite disappointed ><”

I’m trying my very best to make it very interesting but I don’t know hahaha

Thank you for reading this story!

 

Do upvote and subscribe hehehe