is this really the end?

The Ghost of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been four weeks.

She inhales.

She exhales.

It’s so ing hard.

She stared at her phone blankly, scrolling down some old messages and pictures. Back to the days when she was genuinely happy. When they were happy.  She smiled to herself when she found their silly pictures together, where she his left cheek and he smiled to the camera.

It was so beautiful. Why did I let it go?

She couldn’t stop blaming herself. She didn’t sleep for 3 days straight without crying her eyes out when he left her. She didn’t eat. She, to this day, still blaming herself for letting him slip away. For letting him walking out that door. 

She thought he’d be different. She thought that he’s the one. Hell, she thought that they were invincible. Me and him against the world. But in the end, both of them gave up. She smiled bitterly to her memories, two years ago. When he wouldn’t stop chasing her, even when she left her group and did her own things, he’s still there. Trying to talk to her, even when he was busy preparing his group’s comeback.

She remembered the way she fell in love with him. The way her heart would jump whenever she saw his name popped up on her phone, the way they both could talk about anything up until four AM and they wouldn’t abour anyone, they would just laugh it off. Or when he came to her house in the middle of the night, bringing beers and snacks where he asked her to be his girlfriend. She instantly said yes.

it was in the middle of the night, when they looked into each other’s eyes and smiled. He shifted himself closer to her and inhaling her hair as she slipped her hands around his waist.

“Sehunnie” she whispered, tracing his chest with her fingers.

“hm?” he said, giving her light kisses on the top of her head, “what is it, Jinri?”

“who am I to you?” she sounded fragile, so insecure. Why? She messed up her careers two years ago, getting involved in dangerous scandals and he, on the other hand is in the most successful group in Korea, if not, in the world.

She could heard him laugh jokingly at her, “really?” he said, their fingers laced on each other. “you, Jinri, is someone important to me. Someone I want to share everything with. Someone in my every thoughts, every day. Someone who knows that I’m a total mess but still accept me for who I am” he sighed, looking at her with nothing but love and adoration. “don’t ever question that, ever again” he said, latching his lips onto her, kissing her deeply and she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter