quit playing games (with my heart)

quit playing games (with my heart)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The last thing Jennie needed for this semester is a group activity.

To make matters worse, finals is just around the corner, the theater club is in complete shambles, being one of the principal members of the production team sure is taking up too much of her time and the group activity in particular is a research paper to be done and presented by pair.

To make matters even worse, she is paired up with the darling of the entire campus, her of a neighbor, Lalisa Manoban, the epitome of mischief herself.

A dancing machine of some sort, the subject of everyone’s ual fantasies (be it to be of any gender because of her insanely hot physical attributes), a rumored model for a clothing line, a certified party animal who barely attends her 8 A.M classes and an all-around woman of dynamics who can handle everything – except academics-related affairs.

Jennie’s prejudice goes beyond Lisa’s repute. The dancer herself is Jennie’s every day nuisance. Lucky for her, Jennie has an extensive wide-range of patience and had managed to sustain composure for a long period of time.

As much as she would actually want to knock on Lisa’s door, the younger girl always appears to be absent – or if not, she would always have guests coming over.

Jennie did not want to intrude, and to be frank, she’d rather do this activity all by herself.

But she can’t and God, there’s nothing more she loathes for than uncooperative and stubborn associates.

 

-

 

A week before the deadline, Jennie had already finished all the written works (which will take up half of their grade, by the way), had done the power point presentation herself and the only thing left to prepare for is the presentation.

The frustration is killing her.

It was a Friday night when Jisoo finds her in their wooden ‘thinking’ magic chair – as Jisoo likes to call it – surrounded with stacks of bond papers and drowning on a book.

Like literally, with her face pressed down the brown pages.

“Come on, Jen. At that point, you’re never going to get anything done,” Jisoo says while applying Jennie’s lipstick. Eh, she didn’t have to ask for permission anyways.

Jennie lifts a finger, her head still bowed down. With a muffled voice she says: “Actually, I do have everything done. Also, that’s my favorite lipstick. You better pay me the next time I buy it.”

“Aish, you’re really a baby. Is this how you treat an unnie like me? Besides, Seulgi likes this shade,” Jennie groans in response, almost sounding like a dying whale. “Manoban’s still MIA?”

“I really really want to get this done – she’s not in class, I don’t see her home,” At this point, Jennie’s in the verge of storming Lisa’s dorm. “She’s probably in one of those parties doing God knows what,”

“There, there. Don’t worry. Maybe some miracle will come knocking on your window sooner or later. It’ll be okay,” Jisoo murmurs and gives her a hug from behind, with a pat on her head. “Hey, you know what? I’ll be meeting a bunch of people tonight at Sooyoung’s. Before I come home, I’ll be sure to get her number for you,”

Now, that’s comforting.

Jennie’s face lights up in the slightest. “Okay, but how?”

“Trust me, I have my ways.”

With that Jisoo gives her a wink before bidding her goodbye.

 

-

 

Jennie did trust Jisoo’s words.

Oh well, most of it, yes. But what she didn’t expect was, something – or rather someone, will come knocking on her window.

Nevertheless, it wasn’t a miracle. Not one bit. And it didn’t knock.

Just before sleep crept on Jennie’s system after getting tired of worrying about the stupid damn project, then comes Lalisa Manoban shooting herself inside Jennie and Jisoo’s dorm window with all her crowning glory.

Jennie then wipes her eyes in disbelief of what she’s seeing before her eyes, instantly checking the time.

1 in the morning.

The .

“What . . . Are you doing here?” Jennie asks with a rather exhausted tone than a surprised one. This is nothing unusual, not if you’re in college and you have a Lisa Manoban next door. 

The inquiry is ignored by Lisa, who is then moving in quick pace, as if looking for somewhere to hide.

“Lisa!”

They both hear a call outside – just as where Lisa came from.

“I said–,” Jennie is about to question her trespassing again but interrupted by Lisa’s actions and a flashlight on their window.

Lisa is quick to react. Jennie’s single bed is now occupied by two people, long, slender fingers are over and the scent of alcohol and an addicting fragrance of perfume fill her system all of a sudden.

Oh yeah, she also feels the person who caused her trouble all week long in such close proximity that she can’t breathe.

Jennie, with her eyes wide from shock, tries to free herself from the girl, but her protests are no use when she feels a hand on her waist to hold her down.

 “Shh. . . Just a few seconds,”

Lisa’s soft and low whisper tickled Jennie’s ear.

.

Jennie relents.

A few more seconds.

“She’s not here,”

Lisa sighs.

Jennie turns her lampshade on at once. “What the was that?”

“Who are you?” Lisa appears to be just as dumbfounded, “Did we . . . perhaps sleep together?”

“Christ,” Jennie immediately stands up from the bed, arms crossed. “That’s so typical of you. You wish–,”

“But you’re in–,”

“No. God, no. You are in my bed.”  

Jennie is not having it.

“Oh – this isn’t my room.”

“No , Sherlock.”

Lisa laughs. The audacity.

“Okay, look, I’m sorry but oh m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter