He's Park Jinyoung

You are my star (Jisoo x Jinyoung)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They studied piano together as little kids, five years old and could barely pronounce all the words correctly. He was nothing like he is now; the boy she remembered was shy and sweet when she was first introduced to him. 

"Jisoo yah, meet Park Jinyoung, Mrs Park's son, he's my new student, take care of him okay sweety?"

And her eyes widened in surprise at the sight of a boy, slightly taller than her, clinging onto the back of her eomma's shirt, hiding half of his face. 

She remembered smiling and holding out her hand to him, offering him a friendly handshake. She spotted him sitting in the corner quite alone, huddled up and casting glances at the other kids across the piano class. 

"Hi Jinyoung, don't be scared, I will do my best to help you."

He stared at her hand for a while, and she was about to retract it, when he reached out and accepted the handshake. She couldn't hide the wild happy smile on her face then.

They were like jam and bread since that moment. And as she expected, he naturally excelled in piano, playing every difficult piece of music her mother assigned for him with ease, occasionally helping her with her own practice. Jisoo had more difficulty, her hands smaller and her memories less perfect than his, but he was patient, and he guided her through. She remembered their little giggles between breaks, sharing a cup of milk and a dish of butter cookies. She would do silly imitations of her mother shouting and he would be stifling his laughter.

And he left. 

His family moved away from the province; both of them were ten. She remembered this memory with more force than the others; it hit her like a single saturated color out of a very soothing pastel spectrum. She remembered vividly the tears spilling down her very chubby cheeks when she hid behind the door of her family's sitting room. It was grown up stuff they were talking about, and she couldn't recall most of the conversation between Mrs Park and her eomma, but she remembered the words that down her ears like lightning.

Leaving. Jinyoung. No more piano lessons. Sorry. Jinyoung. Leaving. Jinyoung. Jinyoung. Jinyoung.

She remembered bursting into the room, and the shocked faces of her mother and Mrs Park. And most of all, she remembered that he didn't come to say goodbye. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yah Jisoo? Do you remember that the teacher assigned you to wipe the board today? Do you want to get into trouble with the class president again?"

Jisoo wakes up with a start, staring up at the face of an amused and agitated Kim Jennie. Her best friend and the scariest girl on mother Earth.

"Huh? Um right yeah sorry..." 

She attempts, and fails, to get out of her desk. Jennie rolls her eyes and removes Jisoo's bag out of the way so the poor girl can get to the blackboard. Jisoo is sheepish, doing her best to wipe off the drool from her cheeks before meeting the eyes of the creepily calm class president. Park Jinyoung. A stupid grin spreads across Jisoo's face at the sight of her ultimate crush. 

"You waited for me?"

She asks, voice lilting with hope.

Jinyoung's expression is less than amused. He tosses her a board rubber and as she hastily catches it, he turns around before saying.

"You're late, get to work."

Jisoo sighs, giving his very attractive backside a wistful glance before proceeding to wipe the board. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jinyoung! Jinyoung!"

She spots him by the water fountain, and nearly trips over her own shoelaces in her effort to get to him. Her camera is dangling dangerously on her arm and she skid to a halt in front of the indifferent boy.

"Can I have a photo of you please? Please? I need them for my photography project."

She uses her pleading tone that always worked on her dad before, even throwing in the puppy eyes and a dazzling smile for extra effect. 

"Go ask someone else."

Jinyoung is merciful enough to spare her a look, and he walks away. Her smile falters at the sound of a not-so-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter