1/1

Party Baby Halloween

Daehyun had a countdown on his phone that he checked daily; the countdown til Part Baby . He loved counting down the days, and since it was happening on the weekend of Halloween, he wanted to dress up.


Daehyun suggested back when it was announced that they all wear costumes for the show, and now that the show was quickly approaching, he wanted to know what the other members were planning on wearing (of course, Daehyun had his costume ready for weeks now). He sent a message to the group chat,
"Hey!! What are you all dressing up as for ????"


Junhong replied, "I'm going to be a superhero! I haven't decided which one yet, maybe Captain America?"


As Daehyun read Yongguk and Himchans replies, he noticed Jongup and Youngjae didn't respond, so he texted them individually.


Jongup hadn't replied because he told himself "I'll reply after this episode of my anime." Well "this episode" quickly became two, then three, and soon enough he was already halfway through the next season. So when Daehyun had asked what Jongup would be, he finally replied, "I'm thinking about being this character from an anime hyung. He looks so cool, hyung!" Jongup attached a picture of the character to his message.

Daehyun replied back, almost instantly, "You should be Joker! I'm going to dress up as Harley. It would be fun having some matching costumes on stage!"


Jongup groaned, he knew what some babyz would think if they saw a couples costume on stage. And knowing how popular "Daeup" was.


Youngjae was thinking the same thing with Daejae. Even though he loved Daehyun, it wasn't how some babyz made it out to be. He still thought it was cute, how much babyz loved Daejae. After all, friendships like that are rare, maybe even once-in-a-lifetime.


So Youngjae came up with a plan. He wasn't gonna go with being the Joker, and he already told Daehyun "no" to his idea. One morning, when he and Himchan were trying to wake Jongup, he had an idea. Joker is a murderer, right? Or at least a bad guy of the movie series. What other characters are murderers and bad guys? He thought.


After a few minutes of thinking, Youngjae remembered the movie that had recently come out, Cult of Chucky.


That's it! He nearly shouted at his idea, I'll be Chucky on the second day of the concert! Youngjae got excited with his new idea, but he wanted to keep it a secret from Daehyun, to surprise him.


Youngjae found the Chucky clothes online, but he didn't really want to wear a wig, they were usually much too itchy for him. He needed the clothes and the knife, Chucky's weapon of choice. They arrived just in time for the concert, just before the first night. Youngjae was so excited, he could hardly contain himself. Of course, all the members felt that way since they were going to perform for Babyz again. Daehyun was a little sad no one wanted to be his Joker, but, like all the other members, he was happy to be on stage again. Just you wait Daehyun. Youngjae thought, You'll see tomorrow.


Finally, it was day 2. Youngjae was more excited for this day because of his surprise for Daehyun. Youngjae made sure to change into his costume quickly, while Daehyun was becoming Harley for the second night. Youngjae grabbed his Chucky knife and jumped out in front of Daehyun and yelled, making the scariest face he could.


Daehyun screamed and threw his hands over his face, only to stop halfway, realizing it's just Youngjae. "Youngjae!" Daehyun yelled, smacking the younger, "You nearly gave me a heart attack!" Daehyun held his heart. "What are you???"


"ㅋㅋㅋ I'm Chucky! And I'm your friend till the end!" Youngjae grinned, saying in his best cutesy Chucky voice still holding his knife up.


"Ah, but if you're a killer doll, aren't you supposed to be bloody?" Daehyun asked, laughing at how cute and scary Youngjae looked in his long sleeve shirt and overalls.


"I didn't have time to do that yet. I wanted to scare you!" Youngjae said, using the knife a little too much when he was talking because he enjoyed it.


"Let me help you." Daehyun said, finding the jar of fake blood and applying it carefully to Youngjae's chin. "Why did you change your costume?"


"I know you wanted a Joker, but I thought that might start more Daejae things online..." Youngjae said, trying not to mess Daehyun up, "so I wanted to be a different bad guy. So someone could match you, like you wanted." Youngjae's voice was soft, he knew what this meant to Daehyun.


Daehyun was so touched by Youngjae's gesture, after he was finished with the fake blood, he hugged his best friend. "That's so thoughtful of you Youngjae." Daehyun said, squeezing his friend a little too tight, but Youngjae didn't mind, knowing it just meant Daehyun was happy. "Thank you." Daehyun was almost at a whisper. He was so lucky to have a friend like Youngjae.


They went on stage and had even more fun the second night, Daehyun knowing his best friend always had his back, and Youngjae being satisfied that he made his best friend so happy.