HN- ONE

CLICHÉ | WANNA ONE

It was a very sunny afternoon, and very boring too. I was in my room, fiddling through my laptop, trying to keep up with my social media life.

I continued ogling through my laptop while munching my very unhealthy snack— cheetos and coke, when suddenly, there was a knock on my door and my brother Minhyun entered.

"Imo, what are you doing? You've been in front of your laptop all day. C'mon, be productive!"

I looked at him. My neat-freak, campus-famous, perfect-in-every-aspect older brother. I rolled my eyes then pouted.

"Oppa, I'm bored. What do you expect?" I said.

"Have you packed your things?" He asked, a little bit annoyed.

He's been nagging me to pack since last week.

"Omo!" Shoot. I haven't packed anything yet. I've been procrastinating since.. well, last week. Hehe.

He scratched his head then said, "aish, go pack later. Let's go to the mall. Be ready in 30 minutes. Araso?"

"Wae? Can't you go on your own?"

Well, you see, I'm kind of a brat, you know.

"Tss. Just get ready. I'll buy you some yogurt ice cream. Deal?" He said grinning.

I smiled then nodded. Freebies were my weakness.

"This brat." I heard him whispered. He closed the door as he left.

"YAHHH!!!" I shouted.

"Stop shouting!! I told you not to shout. I'll wait for you downstairs!" I heard him shout back outside my room.

Our life goals was to annoy and protect each other at the same time.

He left me with no choice so I got ready.

Minhyun oppa was driving while I was riding shotgun. I got my phone from my body bag then texted my best friend Gen.

To: BFF Gen
Babe, I'll be at the mall with Minhyun oppa. Wru?

She replied immediately.

From: BFF Gen
I'm here with some friends! Meet me at Starbucks? Bring Minhyun oppa with you!

Gen likes Minhyun oppa. Take note— she likes him a lot. But Minhyun oppa didn't know about it. Or I guess he's pretending to not know since it's so obvious that Gen likes him.

To: BFF Gen
Who's with you? Anyway, sure. See yah.

She didn't reply after that. Wow. I do have the betest (ok-no-such-word) friend in the whole wide world.

Minhyun oppa wanted to buy some clothes since we're already moving to our dormitories tomorrow.

Wait, have I mentioned it already? Have I even introduced myself? I'm sorry, my bad. I was a really forgetful little girl.

Right, let me begin. I'm Hwang Athena Imogen. 17 years old. I'm pure filipino and I'm adopted. I grew up in Korea and stayed there until I was 10 years old then we went to the States and stayed there for two years. I have an older step-brother and his name is Hwang Minhyun— the most neat-freak person you'll ever meet. He's pure korean. Though that attitude annoys me a lot, I still love him to bits and I know that he loves me too. He treats me like a princess. He's my one and only oppa. Gen Avery Go was my bestest friend in the whole wide world. She's half chinese, half korean and 1/3 japanese, 1/8 filipino. Uhm, did that even made sense? Geez, I at math big time. It was quite difficult for me to have some friends since we stayed here in the Philippines. I got bullied because I grew up in Korea and that I'm adopted but Gen made it easier for me. She can be the scariest human being if she wanted too and I love her for that.

Tomorrow we'll be transferring to our new dorm for our new school. I mean, me and Gen. Minhyun oppa's already on his final year. We're excited but kind of nervous. Good thing, Gen and I were classmates.

"Yah! Imogen!! You're doing it again. You're staring blanky in space.." Kuya snapped his fingers in front of me looking all worried and I was suddenly brought back to reality. I've been like this for the last two months. Well, I'm broken hearted and I'm still in process of moving on.

"Ah. Hehe. Mianhae." I said.

"Tss." He scratched his head then said. "Does this look good on me?" He showed me an orange shirt.

Orange. Eew.

I shook my head. "Ani." I picked up the black shirt and handed it to him.

"Try this instead. You look cooler in black." He smiled then patted my head.

I'm right. He looks better in black.

He paid for his clothes. The cashier was obviously trying to flirt with my brother. Psh. Typical scene whenever I was with him. He's that good looking, you know? Not to mention that he's also tall and really smart. He also sings well and dance well. Yep, my kuya was the epitome of perfection.

I'm praising him a lot. He should really treat me. Trolololo~

When he's done, I grabbed his hand then dragged him with me.

"Oppa, let's meet Gen! She's at Starbucks. Treat your dongsaeng coffee instead! I don't feel like eating ice cream yogurt today!" I said in my sweetest voice.

He laughed then said, "Okay! Okay! Stop dragging me and stop being too cute. You're such a kid!"

I smiled then hugged him.

He pinched my nose. "Ah, stop it, you cute little bean."

Yup, we're bipolar if you haven't guessed already.

I laughed while we walked towards starbucks. "Oppa, stop treating me like a baby."

"Then stop acting like a baby." He said as he patted my head.

See? He loves me so much.

***

I saw Gen waving at me as we entered Starbucks. I smiled and waved back at her. My brother Minhyun and I walked towards her table but I suddenly stopped when I noticed the person who's with her.

My eyes went like this O.O

Omo.

Ottoke?

OTTOKE??!

"Seongwu!" Kuya walked past me. He went straight to Seongwu then they did this weird thing with their hands. Basically, just a fist bump but they made it cooler.

Geez.

It's Ong Seongwu.

What do I do?!

I looked at Gen and she was trying so hard to restrain herself from laughing. Aurgh, Gen-ya you traitoorrr!!

Ong Seongwu. I liked him. I liked him since I didn't know when. All I knew was that, I liked him since I had known how to like a person. I mean, in a romantic way. He's been friends with kuya since they were kids.

Seongwu oppa, my first love.

My first ever heartbreak.

I could still remember it clearly. I could still feel the pain as if it was just yesterday.

When I was twelve, I confessed to him that I like him. He smiled at me and said that he would wait for me. He even promised me that he'd marry me someday. I held on to that. I held on to every word and promise he made me believe.

Not knowing that words were just words..

Words were as empty as his feelings for me.

But words were like bullets. Words could kill.

I could still remember the words that killed me two months ago.

"Imo, I'm sorry. I only see you as my friend. You are more like a little sister to me. Jeongmal mianhae.."

Those were just words but those were the words that killed my every hope and shuttered my whole seventeen years of existence.

Those were the words that made me doubt every promise.

Minhyun noticed my awkwardness so he went near me and put both of his hands on my shoulders.

"Are you okay? Do you want to go somewhere?" He asked, worried.

He knew everything. It almost ruined their friendship. He was so mad at Seongwu. I told him that it wasn't Seongwu's fault if he didn't like me back.

I shook my head then forced a smile. "I'm okay."

I walked towards their table and sat beside Gen. I tried my best to avoid Seongwu's eyes but I felt him staring at me. His stares were burning holes— right through my heart.

I gave Gen a look that means "why-didn't-you-tell-me-you-were-with-him" and she gave me a look that means "because-I-knew-you-wouldn't-come". Yes, we could talk through our eyes that's how weird we were.

It was really awkward and I wasn't at ease. Seongwu's presence was making me uncomfortable. I couldn't avoid his eyes any longer and so we stared into each other.

My heart was beating fast.

I looked at him and I felt everything that I've been avoiding to feel for the last two months.

His face was still as small as how I remembered it.

His eyes. His eyes that twinkles and made the stars lose their shine. His eyes that curls up like a crescent moon when he smiles.

His perfectly arched eyebrows. His right eyebrow that rise up a little bit higher when he laughs.

His nose that crunches up whenever, just because.

Those constellation of moles on his left cheek that looks so adorable.

Those thin lips that always smiles so endearingly but says nothing but lies.

I loved him but I hated him at the same time.

It was a clash of emotions and I hated how he's making me feel everything all at once. I hated how his impact was affecting me this much.

He smiled at me. That stupid smile that made my heart beat faster than it already was.

Ong, you pabo. I thought.

I just nodded.

I couldn't take it. It was suffocating being around him. I was about to go when somebody yelled behind me.

"Seongwu hyung! Minhyun hyung!"

I turned around and a saw a tall guy walking towards us. He's just a little bit taller than Seongwu and Minhyun oppa. He has dark grey hair and puppy like eyes. He's also really fair. He was smiling and oh boy, was he charming. They did this weird hand gestures again.

"Daniel!" Minhyun and Seongwu said in unison.

I never met Minhyun's other friends. All I knew was Seongwu since they practically grew up together. I knew he had a lot of friends since he's really famous in his own ways. Well, I can't deny that my Minhyun's one hell of a looker. And Seongwu, don't even get me started but this Daniel.. he looks like a bad boy yet he's so charming. I couldn't stop staring.

I wonder how his other friends looks like? Were they all good looking? Because from what I've heard, they were.

"Yah! Imo, stop looking or you'll embarrass yourself. Girl, please close your damn mouth!" Gen whispered, giggling.

I just realized that indeed, my mouth was hanging open. Geez, why do I kept on doing embarrassing things?

I looked at her and we both giggled.

"Kang Daniel, such a cutie, right?" She teased. I knew that look she's giving me.

I smacked her head. "Shh! They might hear us!"

She kept on poking me on the side of my stomach. "He's so famous with a lot of girls. He's so cool yet so charming. Ahh, I didn't know he's friends with Minhyun."

Minhyun then grabbed me by my shoulders then faced me towards Daniel. Daniel looked at me charmingly.

Oh my God he's so cute. He had broad shoulders that looked like he could protect me from anything. I'm pretty sure he's working out. He's got really long legs too.

Wait, why am I checking him out?!

"This is Imo. My little sister. That's Gen." Minhyun said as he pointed towards Gen.

Gen smiled the cutest possible way she could. I almost choked. Ugh, this girl.

Daniel waved at her and then faced me. His eyes disappeared as he smiled even more.

Aigo.

Cute.

Cute. Cute. Cute. Cute.

His smile was like a ray of sunshine.

Oh, my, God. CALM DOWN IMOGEN.

He pinched my left cheek.

HE PINCHED MY LEFT CHEEK.

HE PINCHED MY LEFT CHEEK.

I felt that part of my face become warm. I felt my whole face become warm and I'm sure as hell that I am blushing.

"She really is cute!!"

He said I'm cute.

HE SAID I'M CUTE.

HE SAID I'M CUTE.

I held my breath.

I think I forgot how to breathe.

I need some air.

Give me some oxygen.

I didn't know what happened next. Everything went black.

To be continued..