final

it’s permanently etched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

❝everything's blurry, but these feelings that have bloomed out of our hearts are real.❞

 

 

It’s a well-known fact that Kim Jennie’s a below average Slytherin member in terms of character traits.

Packed with more intelligence than cunningness, she often tries to take the honourable road. There’s nothing less satisfying that winning without utilizing your own abilities and strengths. A trait that's inwardly frowned upon. Ambition was key here and that includes doing everything you possibly can to succeed.

It’s a wonder how she wasn’t sorted into Ravenclaw instead, but unfortunately, first year Jennie was a lot more idealistic and naive, a little vindictive too.

To summarize, she often went against her house's motto and code of conduct, but no one could argue against her being an exceptional prefect. At least, she was resourceful and rather a potent leader. What her house doesn't know is, she really ing wishes she wasn't a Slytherin member. They'd be outraged if they ever found out.

Aside from that the largest betrayal she's holding close to her soul is that she’s unluckily head over heels for their greatest rival, Jung Jaehyun, Gryffindor’s most prized house member and the supposed breaker of Slytherin hearts. Not to mention, the precise reason why Lee Taeyong was not picked as one of the Trizward Competitor. He’s notorious, clever, wicked, a prefect, but most of all, a Gryffindor.

(that’s why she does her very best to avoid him in public even when they’re stuck beside each other at meetings most of the time.)

 

 

 

 

 

He’s the first stream of light after a season of rain. The calm after a hurricane, the remedy for a destruction. The words in a poem that makes people's heads spin and mouths curve upwards.

But she needs to remember, he's the ing enemy.

(but she admits, it's indoubtly hard to do when he flashes a spellbinding smile at her when she passes by him in the halls.)

 

 

 

 

 

Jaehyun’s a bit of a fraud. Okay, maybe a complete counterfeit, but he swears upon his wand, it wasn’t his fault that the rumours of him destorying Yeri, the Slytherin chaser, began circling. He wholeheartedly blames it on Jungkook.

The little didn’t have the courage to confess to her and proceeded to panic when he tried to profess his love on Valentine’s Day before saying Jaehyun was madly in love with her. (which he wasn’t in the slightest.)

Yeri exlaimed her adoration for him later that day in front of the entire Divination class. Being the brave third-year that he was, Jaehyun adamantly denied it and turned her confession down without another thought. She ran off, tears streaming down her cheeks in embarrassment.

Jungkook punched him in the nose afterwards at their Common Room. He admits that he probably deserved it, but Jaehyun’s a firm believer in accidents and actions being influenced by emotions especially irritation. (they completely ruined his birthday though, not that anyone really cares except maybe him.)

It’s no surprise when people begin to gossip over how cruel Jaehyun was and how he supposedly “loved” Kim Yeri just a few moments prior to her declaration.

Thus the nickname, heartbreaker, was branded across his face.

(he finds it ridiculously cliché and unreal but jungkook’s never defended him. he suppose it’s retribution for being unreasonably cruel to yeri, jungkook’s current girlfriend in the past. peculiarly, he's gotten more confessions because of his title-- he still doesn't comprehend why.)

 

 

 

 

 

She’s the serene moonlight, surrounded by shadows and darkness, but he thinks, she still looks beautiful. They know each other.

They’re not meant for each other, he knows this very well, but Jaehyun has never trusted fate.

 

 

 

 

 

They hardly ever interact in public.

It's quite difficult when the rivalries between the two houses have been considerably higher this year. Jaehyun is aware it's because of the Tournament, but he never asked to be picked-- much less to be in the lead right now. The Daily Prophet articles and interviews were giving him a reoccuring and throbbing headache. It was not his fault he was the only one who thought of putting the fire-breathing beast to sleep. Transfiguration and Defence Against the Dark Arts have always been his strongest suits.

She acts as if he doesn't exist. He doesn't like this in the slightest, not when he's shared his fears, and life stories with her. When he's heard her laugh at the foolish things he does when no one is watching without a tint of judgement or the efforts he puts into his work that his fellow classmates often undermine. Jokes come easily to him, but baring his soul does not.

Instead, they’ve had some meaningful conversations, shrouded by darkness, when there’s no one else left in the library besides them. (which is a rare occasion indeed.)

It all did start with him asking to borrow a quill, and her muttering a small joke underneath her breath. He thought it was quite funny which was precisely why he laughed. She cleared , but he already caught a glimpse of the smile quirking up the edges of her lips behind her surprised expression.

This is when he likes her the most when their barriers are taken down and they can talk without the defences and horrid reputations. There's no preposterous bar for him to climb. It's just them. The very thing he enjoys to the fullest.

What he doesn't fathom is that she cherishes every single moment of theirs starting from the time they first began to talk, stripped away from the labels surrounding the colours they donned.

(it's the exact time when jennie felt human and begun to fall a little for jung jaehyun. he can't ever know this, so she keeps it hidden in the crevices of her heart that continues to expand and beat for him. and him only.)

 

 

 

 

 

"Butter beer," he persists.

"That's all?" She arches a raised brow. Jennie was going on an impromptu trip with Jisoo and Seulgi to Hogsmeade in a few minutes which is why she ran to the library to inform Jaehyun that she's going to be an hour late to their nightly talks. (it's a bloody miracle nobody asks her why she's gone at late hours so frequently.)

Perhaps being academically driven was a good thing.

"That is all I want. I don't think you could also take my name out of the Goblet of Fire for me."

"Unfortunately, I'm not gifted, but you're not doing that bad,"

"I'm concerned about my own mind," he deadpans, writing his Potions report. "It's driving me mad."

Jennie snorts. "I'll get a little globe for you, Alice."

He starts chucking.

But she softens, because she make out the dark circles lying underneath his eyes. His bistre coloured hair is disheveled and he's obviously exhausted, but he’s trying so hard to make everything work. (she really needs to tell him to stop coming over to talk and study, and tell him to sleep instead.)

"Make sure to come back in one piece." He grins before brushing an emerald stray thread off the shoulder of her robes.

“I’ll make sure not to get hexed.” Jennie straightens before allowing a small smile to slide across her lips, slinging her bag over her shoulders, and walking out of the library.

She almost runs headfirst into Taeyong, but she’s lucky to have great reflexes.

"Were you talking with Jaehyun?" Taeyong asks nonchalantly, expression neutral. His Slytherin robes are displaced proudly on his lean frame.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter