Little mouse

Piano / Little mouse(Topsoo BottonJongin)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The audience in the hall was in awe listening to the man play the piano that night. His fingers so gentle and the music he creates so pleasing to the ears, the place was always packed on a Saturday when he would play.

Many people came to watch from afar. They’d get a table, order food and hours would go by before they know it. Kyungsoo's music was something else. You could listen to it and stare at him and once his fingers stop pressing onto the keys, only then do u break out of a trance you didn’t know you were even in.

There’s this pull to him. You can’t resist.

No one can, not even me.

I’m small and my fur is white. My eyes are red and I’m not a pleasant sight. Unlike him.....

Also unlike everyone else, I get front row seats to listen to him. I'm a really really tiny mouse, the size of your thumb, so I can hide behind the folds of the curtains on stage without anyone noticing

Sometimes I take the risk and hide next to his chair behind the the leg before he comes onto stage and make sure the leg of the chair is blocking the Audience's view of me.

At the end of every show he gets up, bows, and walks off stage ignoring the shouting for autographs.

It’s my only chance to leave so I time his every step and hide behind his feet as he walks off. He never notices.

One day I come by again just a few minutes before his show starts. There’s a triangle of cheese sitting right next to the curtain, like always, so I go to it and start nibbling.

Every time I come here there’s some cheese left around. I’m sorry if it was meant for someone else but....it’s really yummy and I hope this doesn’t change.

I nibble on the cheese as I watch him play from behind the Curtain.

He’s so beautiful...his eyes gentle and his posture is amazing.

His face has to be a work of art but0 his voice is something I never heard before.

Once again at the end he stands up, bows, and leaves the stage not once looking back at his fans. Some people say he’s rude for that, but I think he’s just humble. He never says a word to anyone about anything. He doesn’t stop to take a compliment.

Once he’s off stage my work here is done so I leave and go to a backstage room. There’s a hole in the wall I’ve made my home. I stay here knowing that I’m close to the stage he works on. After closing hours I go back to that stage and sit on top of the piano and imagine him playing again and pretend he’s looking at me

The week is dull without him but the times I think of him I’m happy.

I’m a mouse. A small little thing no one really cares much for at all but in my tiny little body my heart is big and it beats to hide to watch him play.

One day I arrive early, like usual. I find that triangle of cheese and start nibbling. Then I see something that puts a frown on my face. He’s coming through the entrance but this time a girl kissed his cheek before he went on stage.

My heart skips a beat.

He has someone special in his life...

What was I thinking?

And why am I crying?

I’m a mouse, I never had a chance...

Those 3 hours had to be the most difficult 3 hours I’ve sat through.

I’ve watched my family attacked by cats on the street. We were just making a round through the park since a nice little lady used to drop some cheese after her walk at the park.

The cats came out of nowhere and attacked my family. There was blood everywhere but mother yelled at me to run, so I did and I never looked back.

I was roaming the street dragging my broken and aching heart along with me. I found this place on a Saturday night. I heard the music and right there and then my healing began.

The more I heard him the more he heart began to heal. The pieces got put back together and when I saw his face for the first time the aching stopped. I felt like I was floating on a cloud.

He’s really something else.

Today I’m watching him play after seeing him receive that kiss and for some reason my heart hurts more than it ever has. It feels like all the healing has been undone. It’s getting worse and worse by the second.

I still listen and stay because I’m loyal, but I wanna a better seat so I wondered if I could still sneak up to the chair.

It’s worth a try...

There’s not a second that goes by where all eyes aren’t on him. How do I get there without being noticed?

As I’m thinking a shattering sound distracts my thought process. A waiter dropped a glass jar of water and people are looking to see what happened. Here’s my chance!

Without thinking twice I run towards his chair but before I can make it I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter