Delusional Dreaming

Far Far Away [Indefinite Hiatus]

Amber’s POV

Bright sunny California is where I have always called my home.  From the cold Pacific Ocean beaches to the crazy rollercoaster rides in Disneyland to the taco trucks and to downtown Los Angeles, is where I’ve spent the past 16 years of my life. 

This is the place to be if one would want to make it big in the entertainment industry.  So, why out of all the auditions that I’ve done in the past, would one foreign Entertainment company suddenly recruit me to be a trainee?

SM Entertainment was having its global auditions in L. A. and all my Asian friends insisted that I needed to audition for them.  Before this, I had never even heard of them before.  SM Entertainment??

Apparently they were really well known for their idol groups and drop dead gorgeous stars they manage.  Well it was more dumb luck that they decided to take me on as a trainee because I definitely didn’t fit their typical image of a female idol star. 

I definitely didn’t fit into that role of a beautiful Asian cutesy girl that would put up the V sign for every photo opportunity. Well, granted I’m not really the normal typical girl in general.  When I look into the mirror I see my shortened black hair that only conceals my head and barely reaches my shoulders to the baggy boy clothes that I prefer over the pink and dressy outfits that my female relatives insist that I wear. 

I’m a tomboy, and I’m proud of it!!

My dream is to be famous, no, to be remembered for being someone great in singing and dancing.  Entertainment, that’s my future profession.  I’m not some fame-, no I actually have talent, in my opinion anyways.  I’ve been playing the guitar since I was 7 and I’ve been dancing since I heard Michael Jackson’s Thriller.  I do have what it takes to entertain the masses.  Well at least English-speaking masses.  I had no idea that SME was an entertainment company based in Seoul, Korea.  So the people I hold responsible for me moving half way around the world to train are no other than my fangirling friends. 

Flashback to 2 months ago

I should’ve just listened to Hikki, my longtime best friend, but of course on the day of the audition she was visiting her grandmother in Encino.  So I was carted away by my ‘other Asian’ friends to downtown L. A. to be criticized and poked at like an animal. No, don’t get me wrong, they weren’t that bad.  After I went through registration and got my audition number, I was led into an auditorium by one of the staff. 

“Please proceed to the stage when you’re ready.  The judges are eager to see your performance Liu Yiyun,” the staff member said with a thick heavy accent. 

Sigh, they had asked for my Chinese name along with where my family’s descendants came from (Tainan City, Taiwan) on the application.  I’m an ABC, American Born Chinese, so I mostly go by my American given name, Amber Liu.  The only other times I actually here anyone say my name is when I get an occasional Asian ‘F’ in school (Damn you AP Calculus!!) and my mother finds out and chews me out in rapid Chinese. 

Anyways, I need to concentrate, even though I’ve never heard of SME until a couple weeks ago they could be my answer to making my dream of becoming famous real.  They’re an actual company that would train me to become a star!! So of course the hypocrite that I am, after being forced to sign up online for the SME audition, I secretly started to practice my performance for the audition.  I know… what does this girl really want? Well I want to prove to everyone that I am capable of following my dreams and that I won’t end up like a hobo because of, according to my mother, “a delusional dream that will only bring shame to you and to this family.” I have a lot riding on this audition when I truly think about it, if I do get recruited, then I’ll get the chance to live my dream.

 

A/N: I don't know about this chapter.  Is it too slow or did I introduce Amber alright? Ugh, I hate writer's block.  Comments = Faster updates

P. S. I have three subscribers!! Shout out to my dongsaeng, SuperJuniorInLove, for all the support she's been giving me throughout the brainstorming stage of this fic. ^^ Please comment and subscribe. :D  No silent readers please! That means you, .