Jay Park x OC

A Valentine's Day One-Shot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Despite to contrary belief, Valentine's Day is not the day that I receive flowers from a secret admirer or get bought a box of chocolates by a lover, it's more of a normal day to me like it is to probably millions of other people.

I seriously dislike Valentine's Day because it is a constant reminder that my love life is none existent. Especially when I scroll through my Facebook newsfeed or on Instagram and see all these couples enjoying the day. I just want to burn everything down. That's just me and my best friend of 4 years. She totally understands my struggles.

One could say that I am salty in more ways than others. At one point in my non-exciting life, I did have a boyfriend, but we didn't last long enough to celebrate a Valentine's Day. Maybe I still harbored remorse, then again I could just be petty and a salty . Who knows. The world may never know.

Walking down the cold and snowy sidewalks, I saw nothing but couples around me. Just about every last building was decored with hearts that varied from pink to red. Even the street lights were decored to celebrate Valentine's Day. It was a day to celebrate those in a healthy and happy relationship or those to spark something in their love lives, while the rest of us who were single is pushed aside and forced to either ignore it or fall into the mold.

Sighing deeply, watching it materialize in front of me as it signaled just how cold it was outside. I dug my hands deeper into my heavy coat and walked towards my destination.

 

"What took you so long?" Soo said as I sat down at the table. She wanted to eat at a restaurant even though I said I didn't really want to. Obviously, she won that argument.

"Oh you know, traffic," I shrugged as I ed my coat and looked down at the menu.

"I already ordered your hot chocolate,"

"Thanks," I smiled at her. She was the best friend anyone could ask for and then some. Sometimes our family thought we were in a relationship just because of how we act around each other or the things that we do for each other. We loved each other in the best friend kind of way and nothing could change that.

She really helped me through my last relationship. I don't know what I would have done if it wasn't for her. She opened my eyes to just how bad my relationship with my ex-was.

"Did you order already?" I asked as I flipped through the menu.

"No not yet," She mumbled as she read the descriptions of the food. She was lucky I even agreed to this, mostly because I can't eat just anywhere because I'm vegan so I have to do my research beforehand. By luck, the place she picked out is number 1 when it comes to vegan food and she somehow managed to reserve a table.

"I heard the food is good though so..." she trailed off as she continued to read. "Oh! I want this!" she exclaimed as she placed the menu down with a smile before looking at me.

Rolling my eyes, I flipped through trying to see what I would want. After much debate, I finally decide and right on cue, the waitress came by.

"Are you two ready to order?" she asked as she looked between us.

"Yes, we are. I would like this," Soo said as she pointed to the menu.

"Oh that's a good choice!" the waitress exclaimed as she jotted it down on her notepad.

"What about you miss?" she said as she turned to me.

"I want this," I said also pointing to the menu.

"Good choices ladies. Is there anything else I could get you?" she asked as she placed her notepad in the pocket of her apron.

"No, we're good,"

"Alright!" she walked away to another table before heading towards the kitchen.

"So anything new?" Soo asked as she looked at me. Shrugging, I wasn't sure what to tell her. Nothing new or exciting happened recently. It wasn't like a prince charming was going to sweep me off my feet.

"Nothing. You know just work and sleep,"

"Same girl same," she sighed. What was funny was that we lived together in a three bedroom apartment. The 3rd bedroom we used as our office.

I was a graphic designer at a video game company while Soo worked at a tech company. We barely saw each other during the week because of work. She would leave earlier than me and would get home to only sleep until who knows when. So we only had the weekend to actually talk and hang out.

"Nothing new at your company?" I asked.

"Nope,"

 

After eating and casually talking, we decided to go walk around.

"Ah this feels so nice," she said as we walked out of the restaurant onto the sidewalk. One thing about Min Soo is that she loved the cold. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either.

We didn't have a place we wanted to go so we just simply walked a few blocks until we stopped in front a large building.

Looking at the building, I didn't see anything special about it. It looked like any other building in the Gangnam district. Plain and simple.

"You know Bo Han, I have to tell you something," Soo turned to face me. One thing that everyone should know if that I hate surprises. I really do. So the fact that here we were was making me anxious and nervous and just about every emotion anyone could feel.

"Tell me what?"

"Well... I have this co-worker right and that co-worker has a friend that knows this guy that knows Jay Park,"

I didn't know if I wanted to laugh or what but I don't think she liked my initial response. Plus I was confused.

"My point is, that co-worker's friend's friend put in a good word about not just me but you. He may have also shown him a picture of you so uh..." Soo didn't have to finish what she was saying because the doors to the building opened and out walked the one and only Jay Park. The guy of my dreams. The guy with the angel like voice. He was standing just a few feet away from me and I couldn't budge.

"You're welcome," I heard Soo whisper as she waved for Jay to come over. I internally started to panic as I didn't know what the hell I was supposed to do.

"Why would you do this?" I whispered back. I don't think my voice could get any louder than this. 

"I thought you'd like to meet him," she shrugged as she gave a smile to Jay. He smiled back as he looked at me.

"You must be Ban Bo Han,"

I simply nodded my head because I was left speechless. Suddenly, I felt extremely hot and I didn't know if it was just me or what.

"Come on, let's go inside. It's getting really cold," he grabbed my hand and lead the way inside the building.

It seriously was a dream come true. Walking into the building, it was evident that it was small yet cozy. The front was simple as it just had a desk for the receptionist as well as a sitting area.

Jay lead the way towards the elevator as he still was holding my hand. Soo was close behind but it seemed like it was also her first time here too.

"Min Soo, why don't you wait here? I'll get someone to get you," Jay winked as we both stepped into the elevator and Soo waved goodbye. Maybe a little too eagerly. I knew these two were up to no good.

We went up about 2 floors befor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter