Right time at the right moment

Right time at the right moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BREAKING: BTOB's Yook Sungjae and Red Velvet's Joy will star MBC's new drama!

The two were paired on We Got Married a few years ago and were loved by many. This is such a great news for Bbyu fans who've waited for many years just to see the two idols on screen together again. Guess MBC loves Bbyu fans so much they've revealed that this drama were specially made for Sungjae and Joy. We can't wait to see the Bbyu couple together again! Bbyu fighting!

————————————————————————————————— 

First Script Reading

A tall and handsome man walked inside the room and greeted everyone.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" He said while bowing to everyone. He then scanned the area as if looking for someone in particular. 'She's not here yet.' He thought.

He sat down in his designated chair and the writer started talking to him.

"Sungjae-ssi, this drama was specially made for both of you. Have you read the script already?" The writer mumbled and gave him a small smile.

"Ne, I've read the script jakganim. It's really interesting. Kamsahabnida, for choosing me and Joy for this drama."

It's been a while since he last said her name. They were still friends after their virtual marriage and talked to each other sometimes if their schedules overlap.

But he hasn't talked to her for a while because aside from being busy, he was being careful after their KBS Youth interaction received a lot of negative comments specially from his fans.

He didn't want to disappoint anyone specially his fans, and he wanted to protect her. He knew how fragile she is. He knew too well, of what will happen if they continued talking to each other.

The only thing he can do after all these time, was to watch her from afar and search her on SNS to check on what's happening with her life.

If they met on shows he just smiles and she would do the same, that's after checking if there are really no cameras and people watching them. Nothing more, nothing less.

He was always envious of his hyungs, they can freely talk to her even during live shows and no one would react.

While there he was, gathering all his strength to control himself even from just looking at her because of the eyes watching everywhere. It . But this is the life they have.

He was drowned on his thoughts when he heard the door open. He looked up, then he saw her, beautiful as always. His heart pounded. ''Oraenmaniya' He thought. Yes, it's been a while since his heart pounded like crazy, and it only happens when she's close.

She was skinnier than before, yet her beauty never fails to take his breath away. She was wearing a white V-neck shirt, ripped jeans and boots. Like when they were at the Han River and she asked for a love 'chungjeon' from him.

"Annyeonghaseyo." She greeted while smiling and bowing. Then she looked at him, his heart stopped for a few seconds when he saw her smile at him like the way she used to.

'You never learn Yook Sungjae.' He cursed inwardly. Aware of the fact that she saw his shocked expression awhile ago. He reciprocated the smile while saying. "Annyeong Sooyoung-ah."

He saw her tighten her grip on the script she was holding. "Oppa annyeong. Oraenman."

She smiled with that eye-smile he has been missing for years, he can finally see it again, live.

She was about to sit beside his chair since the lead actor and actress naturally sit beside each other but before she could that, he stood up and pulled the chair for her.

She was careful not to touch him, she knows he still has the same effect on her even after everything. "Gomawo." It earned them 'oohhh' from  people inside the room in which they just both smiled as a response.

The script reading went on for a good 2 hours and the two can't help glancing at each other. They were given a 15 minute break before they proceed for the last part of the script reading.

Sungjae was talking to one of the actors, Jung Hae In who will play as his brother, along the hallway just outside the room. Joy came from the pantry carrying a tumbler with her manager.

Sungjae's eyes unknowingly followed Joy as she was walking until she entered the room.

"Aigoo, she might melt with you staring at her like that. How did you even control yourself all these years?" Hae In told him and Sungjae quickly covered his mouth. They were a bit close since they have common friends.

"Ah hyung, jebal." He roamed his eyes to check if someone heard Hae In and fortunately everybody was busy talking.

"It's hard huh?" Hae In said.

He nodded before replying. "Yeah, it is. Fortunately hyung you're an actor and not an idol." He tried to laugh.

"Well it's been years Sungjae-ah. You've all matured and you've achieved a lot. I guess this drama was made for the two of you so you can get the closure you need, whatever kind of closure it may be."

"I guess so hyung. I just hope she still wants to talk to me about us. After avoiding her all these time, even though I did it to protect both our careers, I can't change the fact that I was the one who avoided her first."

"Maybe she understood why you did it back then. If she didn't she wouldn't be smiling like that to you."

"What do you mean 'smiling like that hyung'? She just smiled at me naturally."

"I'm not blind Sungjae-ah. Even if I don't have a girlfriend right now I've been in love before. So I know your actions dongsaengs."

Sungjae just laughed at him for being such a keen observer.

After another 2 hours, they were finally done with the script reading. Everyone was saying their goodbyes and good lucks for their drama.

They start filming 2 weeks from now. Sungjae and Joy were asked to take a picture with the script to be used for the news announcement.

They were standing side by side about half a meter away from each other.

"Can you both please stay a little closer?" The photographer spoke.

Sungjae then scooted a little bit and Joy did the same. His right hand suddenly moved on its own to Joy's shoulders. Old habits die hard.

She was stunned, eyes widened at his action as well as he is. But he can't undo what he did so he just smiled the awkwardness away.

She also smiled when the photographer counted before taking their pictures. Everyone was smiling at them because their chemistry was still there. Nobody can deny how good they look together.

After the awkward photo taking, everyone was taking their leave. Sungjae, Joy and their managers were the one left in the room. Their managers knew each other and were talking to each other while walking outside the door.

She was about to go when he stopped her by holding her wrist gently.

"Sooyoung-ah, jaljinaesseo?"

She turned and looked at him.

"Eo..hh. Oppa jaljinaesseo?" She tried to smile to hide her blushing features.

"Ani, I haven't been fine. Because I was missing you." He smiled at her. The smile he used to give her during their virtual marriage days.

"Eoh? Mwoya? There you go again with your jokes." She was shocked at his confession but she tried to laugh it off.

"Mwoya? Why do you always not believe oppa?" He also laughed to go with her joke. He felt that she wasn't ready to talk about it yet.

'Because I don't want to get hurt all over again.' She wanted to say but didn't, instead she said with a laugh. "Ah jinjja. Oppa you never change."

"But you did." Sungjae spoke seriously.

"Me? I didn't. I've always been the same." She weakly giggled.

He just smiled to cut the topic. "Give me your phone."

"Wae?"

"Geunyang, just give me your phone Sooyoung-ah. Palli!" He said in a kid-like manner.

She beamed, and gave him her phone with eyebrows raised. He started typing and then got his phone out of his pocket.

He gave her back her phone while smiling like an idiot and she was amazed at how he still managed to surprise her with his out of nowhere gestures.

"Ah jinjja! You could've just asked me."

"Oppa-ya!" They were both laughing at his words while walking outside where their managers were waiting for them.

They talked about things like nothing happened. They were back to their 21 and 20 year old self. It's funny how some things never change for them.

She was laughing like crazy because of his jokes. He was happy just because he was with her. He would do anything just to make her smile now that their paths have crossed aga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter