Chapter 2: The Protagonist 2

Distracted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wherein Lisa praises the ability of the prince to stay calm under pressure. And Taehyung finds out the wonders of Instagram.

It has been a week since she has transferred to the famous Bangtan High. And a week since she has been receiving different types of stares ever since the swallow tail incident. The first ones were the curious types. Those were the types that stared at her, their faces neutral but you could see the curious glint in their eyes.

They were the ones who heard the rumor of the 'new girl who finally caught the prince' and wanted to have a closer look. Most of them comprised of boys and girls who admired the prince and didn't entertain any romantic and possessive feelings. They were the most unpredictable-- other half were friendly deeming the new student 'not bad, and maybe they could be friends' while the other half were not hostile but not friendly either,'she looks so ordinary. undeserving'. Lisa really didn't mind, its not like she wanted to be popular.

The second ones were the opportunist ones. They were curious but you could see a different glint in their eyes. Social climbers. People pleasers. The people who felt high on the majority's recognition. They were the 'Hello my name is. My family's the owner of. Have you heard them? Oh no you don't?". And when they ask Lisa's family background and they found out about her accountant mother and her father being that 'professor in the history department who gives really heavy requirements', their faces twitch and they school their expression back to normal.

And you just know, the insincerity in how they smile back at you and say, "Oh...that's nice. Hey could we be friends?". They really didn't want to befriend her, they just wanted to be close to the 'fairytale princess' that was supposed to be fated to the prince of Bangtan High. Because hey, as Sejin had snidely commented ones after the attempt of one of their classmates, if they became friends with the girlfriend of the famous 'Kim' family the business prospects were numerous. 

And the third ones. Ah the third ones. Lisa had a love and hate relationship with those. She admired how honest they were. And if she weren't the victim to their hatred, she could have praised the way they genuinely did care and love the prince. They were the glares she was getting used to, and the hushed snide remarks she hears while she walks down the hallway. The 'She think she's all that', the 'ugly's, the ''s, and many more. They comprised of two third's of the population of not just girls, but also some boys, who developed some kind of the notion that the prince was public property and if he isn't he should belong to the people at the top of the food chain.

And the people at the top of the food chain--

Sejin had invited her to the main house just to lecture her for the whole day about the people she should be very careful with. Aside from the prince, the people at the top consisted of two guys and one girl.

Lisa had laughed at the way Sejin was explaining seriously and commented, "Really Sejin, why do you worry so much. It isn't like I'm his girlfriend or anything. Also I'm used to girls being hostile against me."

Sejin had sighed, scooted closer to her clueless bestfriend. She put her arms on her best friend who had the luck or unluck of becoming famous overnight, in the elite school for the snobbish and made her realize the predicament she really was in when she said, " You know Lisa. The girl isn't the only one you should look out for. The prince's charms crosses boundaries of gender."

And when Lisa had looked confused for a moment, until the realization had hit her suddenly. Sejin had patted her in the back and said, " Yep, the top of the food chain is basically a harem. And personally, I'm more scared of them than I am of the queen. She is, in fact, very cool headed but nonetheless- a . But the guys. Aish, " Sejin bitterly smiled," they're like the greatest work of art and the greatest horrors as well."

And Lisa had find out to her horror, that one of them was the current charismatic school council president and the other one was basically the 'Top Dog', the ruler of the deliquents at school. And to Lisa's further dismay, they were also best friend's with the prince. Which meant they were more in love, extra protective, and probably extra hostile to the transferee girl.

And as Lisa looks fearfully at the way the pasta sauce, that she couldn't pronounce right, bloomed like a gun shot wound on her chest--she ponders why she had the luck or unluck of becoming famous over night.

"Stop being so smug. You're just trash," and the perpetrator bitingly said to her. Her hands folded, chin raised, and an entourage behind her back. And if Lisa had time to categorize this girl, these girls, they belonged to the third one but not completely as well. Because per Sejin's lecture, Lisa had recognized this girl as one of the faithful followers of the Top Dog. The one who, as Sejin had commented, clearly dementedly in love with badboys but didn't stand a chance.

Lisa was really at loss what to do. One, she forgot to bring a spare uniform. Two, Sejin was absent today and aside from her, Lisa couldn't trust anyone else. And third, she was torn between trying not to get angry and trying not to cry. The high class canteen-- or buffet, or restaurant or whatever it was, had turned unearthly silent. And it felt like a single pin drop could be heard. There was tension in the air, and the different sides were waiting how the situation will turn out.

And Lisa had noted the smug smile of her bully. She knew full well, that yes Li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter