Chapter 1

Of A White Lily and A Flame.

#Prompt no 35;

(tattoo artist/ florist au); Junmyeon is the florist across the street, and it's not that Chanyeol finds him cute or anything, but he kind of wants to paint flowers on his skin...just because it would look pretty, probably.

 

To the prompter, I hope I did justice to your amazing prompt.

__________________________________________________________________

 

Junmyeon always loved flowers, all sorts of them, the small, medium or large ones, the evergreen beauty that the flowers embodied reminded him of the mysterious feeling of love. Junmyeon always loved flowers, both the dull and bright ones (although he personally preferred the soft coloured ones), they possessed fragile beauty, thus, his small hands always handled them with utmost care. Junmyeon always loved flowers, he loved to sniff the sweet alluring scent coming from them, it had this kind of miraculous soothing effect on his heart. He loved the way the flowers smiled back at him, he literally could see the cheerful smile that they flashed towards him, it brightened up his day. He loved the way the flowers waved at him, how the leaves gracefully danced either to shyly greet him or to pay their gratitude, it was silent but yet so peaceful, it was a language that only Junmyeon could understand. Even though plenty of time had passed, Junmyeon was still mesmerized by the exuberant freshness of the flowers that was all over the place. He wasn't exaggerating to say, after all, Junmyeon was a romantic type of guy and a lover of flowers. He took it upon himself to be a lifetime flower enthusiast. He was wholeheartedly a florist.

Junmyeon was simple, the simplest kind of guy. He didn't want too much attention as it overwhelmed him, he was that kind of guy. With his master's degree in business, he supposed he could be somebody, he could be the brightest star that the world could offer, but yet he opted to be a nobody. Junmyeon was timid and insecure...He had this constant fear of people. He preferred to be alone because the most fearsome thing for him was to get hurt or to hurt others.

Besides, his parents and his elder brother, Kim Minseok, the flowers and the white little bunny were always there for him. At least, the flowers and the bunny wouldn't hurt him. Sometimes Junmyeon believed that animals and plants understood him better humans.

Junmyeon was soft, softest type of guy...innocent with a pure heart. A human personification of white lilies. Junmyeon was extremely kind, always polite and gentle like dew drops. He was a kind of guy whose kindness people took for granted. Junmyeon was someone who always smiled, and smiled and smiled, however, people never seemed to notice whether Junmyeon faked it or not. Junmyeon smiled the brightest when it was spring, his favourite season. For Junmyeon, the flow of the river, with multiple colours of flowers and green grass that rooted beside the flowers was a memorable sight.

____________________________________________

For someone who was an impersonification of sunshine, always full of radiance and energy, always so loud and had the tendency to make fool of himself, he was quite soft and bubbly inside. Unexpectedly, Chanyeol was romantic, well at least that's what he thought about himself when he found himself awkwardly standing in front of a flower shop across the street.

It was 14th February, valentine's day, when he tried to appear romantic. He was trying because most of the time, he didn't seem to be that romantic - instead, he looked dumb rather than cool, and indeed he was clumsy, with uncoordinated limbs. It was almost end of the winter season when he stepped into the floral shop for the very first time. He was new in that small town, he recently opened a tattoo shop -  thus he wanted to get to know his neighbours and an opportunity for socialising sounded too appealing to pass.

The shy snow slowly fell down from above, and Chanyeol stretched out his right-hand, feeling the snow that fell and melted in a blink of his eye. He smiled silently because of how lovely it was when the snow brushed against his bare hand. He enjoyed it idly.  Ah, he almost forgot the entire purpose of his visit as he stood in front of a sign that read 'Little Bloom'. The name sounded too precious too, he thought.

Not wanting to get lost in his thoughts, Chanyeol pushed the glass door. The bell's sound jingled in his ears, greeting him. He was in awe...almost..not totally yet.  A sweet fragrance of multiple flowers made its way into his nostrils. Before he even knew, he deeply inhaled, eyes closed tightly as if taking all of the overwhelming scents with his olfactory canals. He felt blessed with the heavenly scent.

"Hi, welcome to Little Bloom...Can I help you, sir?"

A soft honey-like voice greeted Chanyeol, cutting him off from his momentary bliss and the moment he opened his eyes again, he was awestruck by the beauty of the man who greeted him.

The man standing right before him was totally fascinating. His skin was very pale, rivalling the snow,  beautiful shining black hair and a pair of twinkling black pupils, giving a beautiful contrast to his fair complexion. His lips were small and naturally cherry red, with a small pointed nose, beautifully sculptured on his face...and to his surprise, this beautiful human being was small and tiny.

If this was the owner of the flower shop, then Chanyeol could see why...this man, was literally the most beautiful flower he had ever seen in his entire life. Even in his very humble apron, and simple white long-sleeved shirt, he still outshined everything.

"Hey, are you alright, sir? " the voice tried to wake him up from his trance.  A small hand waved in front of his eyes.

If he ought to answer, of course, he was not. But he just swallowed the answerback, his better judgement still able to save him from embarrassing himself furthermore. Chanyeol's eyes blinked several times before meeting another gaze - He legit stumbled in front of the owner of the flower shop.

"I ..uh...flower.." He stuttered incoherently.  He groaned internally, cursing his entire being for ruining his coolness in front of this newly found masterpiece. ( although he wasn't cool at all to begin with). Wait..why he should bother about his image in the first place? In his own misery,  Chanyeol literally shook his own brain into thinking more rationally  - he had this amazing girlfriend waiting for him at home, but why he was here, acting all whipped up just because of another guy's beauty.

Brace yourself, park chanyeol, he resonated with himself.

The petite florist in front him tried to hold his laughter, his face contorted in a funny way, he eventually gave up, bursting out with a small soft chuckle. He probably looked stupid, but then the melodious giggling that sounded like a chirping bird was too precious, it soothed his heart.

"Sorry...". the pale male said after calming down from his outburst, trying to gain composure. Chanyeol bet that this man's stomach was probably hurting because of the copious amount of laugh. He wasn't sure whether this was a good sign...of course, hearing the other's laugh was good, but making fool of himself wasn't.

"You're looking for flowers right?" the tiny florist continued his remaining words.

Yes, flowers. of course. what's else could he get from a flower shop? Although Chanyeol himself wasn't sure what kind of flowers he should get for his lover.

"Yeah..I' m looking for flowers although I'm not that very sure what kind of flowers I should get for her .." Chanyeol finally blurted out.

"Ah, I almost forgot... it's valentine's today.She must be your girlfriend right?" The florist seemed more excited than Chanyeol himself. "if that's the case, you're in the right place then."

"Yes!"  Chanyeol mumbled quietly.

"A bouquet right? tell me what do you prefer?. We have a great selection of flowers from the gorgeous classic red rose, the alluring lavender or the innocent white lily" the pale man eagerly exclaimed, hands gesturing here and there to where the flowers were placed. Chanyeol wondered if this man was always warm with strangers like him.

"It's not my first time buying her flowers, but still, I don't know myself what I want. Perhaps, something different..." Chanyeol replied frankly, giving out a vague answer. He probably looked lost. "So, can you lend me your help in finding the right flowers for her ?" he requested politely yet felt ashamed at the same time.

"Oh, that’s fine, I think I should be able to help you" the overexcited florist proudly announced. “So, let's give it a try..." he added with a determined looked in his eyes. "So, could you please describe your girlfriend a bit?"

Chanyeol was taken aback. He thought about his beloved for quite awhile, before replying, "She's beautiful, mysterious and cold on the outside. She loves attention. However, she deeply cares for me and looks after me."

Yes, it was true after all. Park Soo Young was a woman devoid of her own emotions, her way of showing affection was different from others. To be honest, it was hard to understand Soo Young, even after three years, he still couldn't understand her fully.

She was a kind of woman who showed a stoic face and seemed unbothered when she was with Chanyeol in public but later on, displayed her affection through leaving pink sticky notes all over Chanyeol’s apartment reminding him not to skip his meals.

The florist attentively listened to him before commenting “She sounds like a complex woman, let me see if I can find you something that’s suitable for her” he said before disappearing to the back, Chanyeol assumed it must be the greenhouse.

A moment later, the other came back with two different flowers, a vibrant and a fragrant one. "The purple rose is for her mysterious personality and the white tulip is for her sincere soul" He stated.

Chanyeol was unaware that flowers could have this kind of symbolism.

The florist's small hands agilely decorated and crafted the blossoming flowers. It was impossible to work fast without being harsh, but his small hands made it seem possible as he cleanly cut at the stem without tearing it.

It appeared as if his hands had their brains on their own, the creativity was overflowing through them into the flowers as he arranged them into a masterpiece - the white tulips surrounding the mysterious purple roses.

"Here we go!"

That sudden beam of voice jolted Chanyeol’s mind from his indefinite deep trance. It seemed that even with this short encounter, he had already had two episodes of brain inertia.

Chanyeol didn’t reply immediately causing the shorter male to confusedly ask "You don’t like it? "

Of course not, Chanyeol definitely loved the put-together bouquet of flowers. It was amazing, and breathtaking and wonderful and fantastic and every good word Chanyeol could think of.

"Of course not!! it's really lovely and I am sure my girlfriend will like it" Chanyeol said eagerly, trying his best to convince the already upset florist. "I only reacted that way because I'm new here I want to make new friends and talk to you more but you already finished your work." He added on quickly to explain his situation.

The florist giggled amused at Chanyeol's eagerness, he let out a sweet soft laugh, it was the most beautiful symphony Chanyeol had ever heard in his entire life, it was serenely melodious and like a gentle tweet of a bird.

"You should have just said that then" the florist teased. "I am Kim Junmyeon."  He shyly extended his right hand for a handshake.

"Nice to meet you, Junmyeon. I'm Chanyeol, Park Chanyeol."

If Chanyeol was honest, he didn't want to let go of the fragile hand that he held. Every fleeting moment felt so precious when Junmyeon's small hand was in his.

"By the way, I just opened a tattoo shop across the street recently. You’re welcome to visit anytime you want."

Then the rest of transaction went smoothly. Chanyeol paid for the bouquet and bid Junmyeon farewell. As he was about to leave, Junmyeon wished him “Happy Valentine’s day”

Chanyeol thought his eyes deceived him, but he saw a hint of sadness glimmer in Junmyeon's eyes. The hurt look in his eyes contradicted his superficial smile.

"Happy Valentine’s day to you too!" Chanyeol replied waving his hand before he left the shop.

Chanyeol spent the rest of his day thinking about the lonely smile that was plastered over Junmyeon’s face. He wanted to replace it with a genuine smile. He wanted to paint Junmyeon’s porcelain skin, cover it with flowers and preserve his happiness.

Certainly, there was something wrong with Chanyeol. Why was he so concerned about some stranger’s well-being? and what was with this strange urge to paint Junmyeon's face with flowers?

 

 

 

 

 

 

First day of March eventually hit the calendar, and so did the lively spring slowly replaced the melted snow of winter. 

Once in a month, on the first day, he was expecting the arrival of someone to his 'Little Bloom' shop. 

It had been three years all along, since the business was entrusted to him after the death of the original owner of the shop, Madam Han. It was not the blood line that define their relationship, nor how long they had known each other, money or other material things..  but mutual passion and pure enthusiasm were the one which united them. 

Besides Madam Han, Junmyeon also got to know Lu Han, one of her eldest nephews. He was the only relative who seemed to be closed enough to her, paying her a visit once in every week or two weeks. 

Junmyeon always cherished every moment that he had with Madam Han, an old chinese woman he only got to know when she was at the edge of her life - she was already passing through the dusk age with dreadful illness that seemed mercilessly plucked away every possibility of her to gain happiness even at the slightest. Still, she said she felt grateful that Junmyeon came into her life, when she was just barely clinging onto her own life.  For Junmyeon, it was grateful and regretful moments all at the same time. 

Madam Han was always so kind, affectionate to Junmyeon.  She treated him like her own youngest son or grandson. ( He found out later that she never had child on her own). Already wrinkle grew on her pale skin, some part of her lock already turned grey, but her beauty never fade away. Her smile was always so warm, it kept on repeating in Junmyeon's mind. He couldn't forget that already wrinkled, fragile hands still wanted to play and feel the sand between her fingers. He couldn't forget the way Madam Han talked about flowers to him with so much love -  longing and fond look were clearly reflected in that round eyes whenever she eyed the blooms. 

She should have rest properly at home, but still she wanted to spend  every last breath in the greenhouse. Seeing those little seeds grown into beautiful flowers gave her so much happiness. And Junmyeon was always being there for her, accompanying her every walk, every move, every laugh that tried to hide and wrap every pain that she had. 

Time was a cruel enemy - every second was passing by seemed to slowly steal away every moment that Junmyeon had with Mrs Han. He wanted to hold her hands for a little bit longer, guiding her walk through out the garden full of flowers, hugging her in his arms, comforting her in every way that he knew that could relief the misery.

Junmyeon always knew, her illness was total tormenting. Already underwent surgery and multiple chemotherapy, but still her cancer not completely cure, it went more furious and wild. 

Soon, the cancer took over her entire body, she knew it was time for her to give up.

She was becoming weaker and weaker and weaker - Her every step became more sluggish, her every breath became hitch, it was more painful to breath in. The most devastating part was, she could no longer hold back Junmyeon's hand.

Madam Han didn't have much time left.. she always knew it. Sixty-three years were too much to hold, even more with the illness. 

Death was inevitable fate. The only permanent termination of all suffering. The irony of her fate was how she met her end of route. 

It was  serenely autumn season of Junmyeon's second year knowing Madam Han. Mrs Han had always loved flower, Junmyeon prayed that she could meet another spring although he knew she probably couldn't make it. 

The ill kind lady was bed ridden for almost one month, her eyes could barely open. Still, she wanted to see another kind of blossom beneath the autumn's ray - Madam Han once said that the dull golden leaves was flowers of the autumn, although they might be lacking of lustre.

On her last day, she was lying on the bed, besides the opened window. Junmyeon and Lu Han sat besides her, each of them holding her already weak clammy hands, barely left her side. 

"It's very beautiful outside. Look at that leaf...." Her feeble voice was barely heard even in that silent, dim room. Tears already welled up at the corner of her eyes. 

Both Junmyeon and Lu Han turned their gaze toward the golden coloured leaf which had been slowly fallen down, the gentle breeze swirled the leaf, making it danced on the air for a while...

Once the leaf grazed the ground, Junmyeon and Lu Han tightened their grip on the fragile hands. But both of them knew, that was her final breath, because the moment they looked back at her, her eyes already closed forever....

At the age of 63 years old, Madam Han was like a beautiful falling leaf in the autumn, she might lack splashes of the lustre colours that belong to spring, but her love was everlasting and eternal - the leaf is so selfless, it willing to fall and decay to let new flower bloom...

Now the falling leaf had rest in peace....

"Thank you so much, Madam Han....."

_____

 

'Ring...ring ...'

The doorbell chimed, jolting Junmyeon from his deep thought. He was staring blankly at the white lily when he heard the ring sound. 

A familiar face could be seen slipped through the glass door. Yes, he was expecting for this man's arrival.  His face was too familiar to Junmyeon because it reminded him of Madam Han - Her beauty was reincarnated on that gentle face. Lu Han, the handsome guy he knew since the past two years, was the one whose  monthly supplied  seed and fertilizer to Junmyeon .More than that, Junmyeon thought, he couldn't make it without this Chinese guy - the business wouldn't survive if not without this guy's aid. 

The brunette with doer like eyes flashed a dazzling smile before walking toward him. 

"Hey, what are you doing, Junmyeon?" he greeted. 

"Talk to the flower and bunny as usual..." Junmyeon replied, suddenly busying himself wiping the counter. "Would you like something to drink, Lu Han?" he asked, without looking back. Junmyeon knew he was acting weird around Lu Han even though the other was not foreign to him. That handsome face was kind of distracting, so he better avoid looking at him. 

"Hmm, interesting...I never know you have that ability..." Lu Han commented sarcastically, before comfortably sitting on the chair in front the counter- one hand rest on the counter, while the other crutched his chin. Lu Han was usually gentle, but part of him had this audacity to do whatever he wanted. "Anyway, can i have coffee?"

Junmyeon disappeared into kitchen, before coming back few minutes later with two cups of coffee. He gently placed them in front of Lu Han before sitting across the other. He sipped the hot coffee as his eyes still refused to meet Lu Han's. 

"Junmyeon- ah, look at me..." Lu Han pleaded.

 

Junmyeon knew it was useless, he couldn't avoiding Lu Han's eyes ever since forever, so he gave in. He looked back at the chinese guy, but still didn't say any word. 

 

"What you're thinking..Junmyeon-ah?" Lu Han asked again, once Junmyeon looked back at him. Lu Han, was a kind -ge who always so caring about him, a type of guy who always so insistent, but never overbearing, he was loveable, Junmyeon if ever could, wanted him to be by his side, couldn't afford to lose him by any mean...

Junmyeon contemplated for his words for a while. 

 

So, if he was going to confess his love, there is a risk of loosing somebody who was important to him -- it was a risk that Junmyeon didn't even dare to take. 

He rather locked his feeling inside rather than losing his best friend ...

"I..i miss Madam Han..."  Junmyeon half lied but it was true that he was deeply missing that old lady, that old lady who always showered him with a lot of affection, but it wasn't supposed the answer. 

Lu Han just smiled, his eyes looked at Junmyeon fondly. "If that was the case, just stare at my handsome face. I got a lot of comments saying my face resemble her in many ways..." he said while patting Junmyeon's lock. 

If Luhan thought that his words would help, then he utterly didn't. Junmyeon didn't like it in many ways- Lu Han was being oblivious was one thing, looking at his handsome face was the other thing, and last but not the least, he never wanted to be treated like a younger brother by Lu Han. 

Having an internal fight in front of the crush didn't help in many ways either.

"Madam Han asked me to take care of you well. Of course there's no need for me to tell you that, but if you feel any trouble, you can always tell me. Even if i can't help much, at least you'll feel better..."

Lu Han's words was comforting, but the words always so heavy in his chest, even so more to spill them out, as if they stuck in his throat, he felt like chocking. 

He ended up swallowing back his words...It taste bitter, but he better endured it. 

"I'm okay, don't worry so much about..." Junmyeon reassured...but the look of inconvenience never left his face, and Lu Han was pretty quick to catch it up. 

The turn of conversation seemed to be the better option, at least at the moment...

"Ah, I saw one new shop across the street before coming in.." Lu Han said, gulping the coffee down his throat. 

"It's tattoo shop...The owner already came here twice. He's nice....but awkward a bit" Junmyeon replied. Unknowingly, a his lips formed a small smile. Flashes of memories flipped into his mind - that pair of yoda's ears seemed waving forever,  his husky deep voice, his clumsy long limbs, his large hands but look so gentle handling flowers and his white bunny....

"By the way, where's your brother, Minseokki..." Lu -Han asked while feeding the white bunny sitting on his lap. 

"I heard somebody mentioning my name ..."

Their serene conversation had been broken...

A loud cheerful voice that just came straight from the opening of glass door was not mistakenly belong to his elder brother, Kim Minseok. His  adorable cat eyes peeked through the opening, blinking for several times. 

"For how long you've been there...just come in already, you idiot..." Lu Han sneered

Junmyeon sighed, feeling his tense eased a bit with Minseok's presence. There would be no longer silence as they started exchanging words, with occasional yelling sound could be heard across the room, but they never had serious fight. Lu Han and Minseok friendship was made by roasting each other, with added spice in their words but in the midst of their havoc, they took care not to involve Junmyeon. 

War outside, but at least they had this peace in mind, because Lu Han and Minseok had always been frank and honest to each other.

So it was not exaggerating to say, if both of them quiet, there was probably something wrong going on. Junmyeon would rather worried if both of them being too polite than being plain honest with each other.

The three of them began carrying fertilizer and seed from Lu Han's truck to the store. They chatted for a while, with Junmyeon slowly sliding away from conversation, busying arranging the stocks at the back, it not too far from Lu Han and Minseok, so he could interrupt here and there. 

Lu Han finally left the shop, waving farewell several times, but the conflict in his heart didn't..it remained there since the rest of forever, inflicting more ache, and the only irony was.. he felt fear to end it once and for all. 

Junmyeon sighed meaninglessly, could only look at the truck which gradually disappeared from his sight. 

"Bunny, do you think Lu ge like me too? hmmm..." Junmyeon questioned the white rabbit in his arm, bringing the poor bunny closed to his face, facing him ....

The white fluffy creature could only stare back at him innocently..."huh, he likes me too...really?" Junmyeon rhetorically asked, slightly pushing the rabbit's head to nod at him. He smiled like an idiot, grinning at his own joke. Not exactly funny, but he felt happy.  

"Talking to bunny doesn't help, Myeonni, you should confess..."

Minseok's words snapped his delusional rhetoric exclamation. Junmyeon frowned, the small talk that he had with his little bunny was the only thing that could comfort him, why his only hyung opposed it, although not too deep. 

His heart sore a bit, but not that much, cause Minseok was always so gentle saying his say, but Junmyeon, just being young to Minseok couldn't help but pouting. 

"Sorry Myeonni, you can't keep dreaming. If you like him, talk about it to him..." the elder paused, ruffling the younger's black lock, looking fondly at him. "Am I right, bunny? " he asked, starring at the innocent rabbit in his arms. 

"But...." Junmyeon stammered. 

"No but... anyway, I am always here for you, you know right?" Minseok cut him off - Giving no space for argument

Junmyeon always knew. He felt grateful, always, because Minseok, forever being his reliable hyung. 

He was about to enter back his shop, resuming back his work, but the sight of new tattoos shop just across the street caught his eyes. The shop was always been there just about recently, but he rarely giving it second thought.

 

PHOENIX ART

 

That the name stated on the sign board. Junmyeon cited queitly. It strangely sound cool.  

The images of that tall lanky guy, with grey hair peeped up again. He was uncoordinated, but in weird way Junmyeon thought Chanyeol was kinda cool. 

Instead of freaking out, may be he should give himself a chance to venture new people. 

"What do you think about Park Chanyeol, huh?"  again, Junmyeon asked the bunny, "He's nice right?" 

It has been nearly 2 weeks since the shop had been operated, and Chanyeol had visiting him for at least three times. The time frame was short, but there was so many things about Chanyeol that he learned. 

That kid, who appeared rude, but he always cared about his surrounding, always sensitive, he knew how to cherish people. That kid, who always looked tough and rough but Park Chanyeol guy was literally big puppy, always soft inside, loved to be patted and to be shown affection. He was bright, smart and gifted with so many talents as well, always excited to learn new thing and naturally a fast learner.

Chanyeol loved to talk about Park Soo Young. Junmyeon was more than happy to know that she loved the bouquet that Chanyeol gave her. As a florist, it self satisfying to know his work was appreciated by the couple. More than anything, his heart was overwhelmed to know that love bloomed even more between them. 

Junmyeon never met Soo Young, but he was certain that she was perfect match for Chanyeol. His heart eager to meet her too. 

It was decided then...

It was just a small step to overcome his own fear, but Junmyeon wanted to give it a try. 

Instead of Chanyeol coming to his shop, today it was going to be his turn to visit his tattoos shop. This time, he wanted to be the one who initiate....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey, cutie!!!"

 His yoda's ears could clearly hear the loud wooing from where he was now. He ignored it. Obviously it was not for him.  Byun baekhyun existence himself full of flirtation. He mean no harm.  But, Chanyeol in his current setting obviously would - with Tattoo machine was still in his hands, puncturing the deeper layer of the skin, it was lethal to the client if Chanyeol driffted  his mind even for split sceond . 

Continuing his craft, he paid no mind. The sound then muffled, but only for a while. 

"Chanyeol, you have a guest...." 

Chanyeol was tattoing one of his client when his business partner, Byun Baekhyun, who was taking part in charge the counter at that moment, called him out. 

"Who's that?" Chanyeol asking back, raising his voice, just so the other side could heard him. The service room and the counter was not that far, so he didn't have to strain his vocal cord. This kind of arrangement was nice because both him and baekhyun loved to communicate conventionally.

"He said he's Junmyeon .." Baekhyun yelled. 

Now, he minded..

Hearing that name almost gave him a heart struck, his super clumsy hands almost made a mistake in sketching, but the acute awareness enabled him to gain control over his fumbling hands. 

His business currently not yet receiving promising response, barely gaining customer, so he couldn't afford to ruin it, even more causing fatality. . 

"Give me another 20 minutes, by the way, I almost finish...." he exclaimed.  

Talking and chatting (and flirting?) was totally Baekhyun's specialty. He was loud, annoying but in charming way. He knew his limit, he knew when to stop - He was totally harmless ...but this is Junmyeon hyung, his tiny hyung we are talking about....so..

Chanyeol became hyperaware, not that he didn't trust his sometime bratty- but - in -a- good -way friend. Not that, it was just that....

He felt Junmyeon hyung was too precious...

Too innocent ...

___

He finished five minutes earlier than expected. 

''Hi.." he greeted, once he came out from the sterile room .

Baekhyun at the counter took over the remaining business with the client. 

"Hi, Chanyeol..." Junmyeon granted Chanyeol a gentle smile. He must look completely bewildered that Junmyeon, as if he could read his mind, quickly resumed. "I'm here because i want to give you guys this " The elder timidly said, showing him a medium size food container, before handing it to Chanyeol "It's nothing much, but i hope you guys like it.." 

"what's in there?" curious voice of Baekhyun mingled the otherwise lack of spark in conversation-it was not that Chanyeol was a quiet person, but it was more like he became self conscious in front of this hyung.  

"It's muffins, but they're not for you, Hyun..." Chanyeol quickly replied, playfully dissing the other shorter male, rolling his eyeballs to show his disgruntled.

Baekhyun pouted. 

"By the way hyung, don't worry, chanyeol will eat them well," Baekhyun reassured, but more like sneering back at him. 

Junmyeon just comfortably chuckled at the Baekhyun's remark. "Of course you could also have them, Baekhyun..." Junmyeon gently said, soothing the not so bitter Baekhyun. "Anyway, where's Soo Young? You can share them with her too..." 

The question hit Chanyeol that he never brought his girlfriend to the other's shop. 

"Ah, she's working at one of child day care nearby. But I think, it's almost over now...." Chanyeol didn't even have a chance to complete his sentence when an appearance of a tall slim figure wearing red dress caught his eyes through the glass window.  "By the way, she's already here..."he said, making an eye contact with Junmyeon's to follow the trail. 

"Hi..." She greeted once she slide in through the glass door.  Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Junmyeon greeted back in unison. First greeting was always hardest as Soo Young never met Junmyeon before, but Chanyeol wasted no time in introducing the elder to her. He occasionally talked about Junmyeon to Soo Young, it just that they never met each other before, so them getting to know each other was not a hard job at all. 

Soo Young was not that type who showed her affection even to chanyeol, but her cool demeanour changed when it came to Junmyeon, and it's surprise Chanyeol a bit. Not that particularly affectionate like Baekhyun, but Chanyeol could tell, So young still had this soft and warm side in her. 

"Woah, it's so delicious...oppa should teach me next time..."  Soo Young complimented Junmyeon's baking, while munching the chocolate muffins. 

Junmyeon fondly grinned, didn't know what exactly to reply, saying it's nothing, but nevertheless said he would if Soo Young want. 

They chatted for a while before parting. The business was about to wrap anyway. It was their day to day routine, with Soo Young made a stop in the evening so that they could go home together. Having Baekhyun as a business partner was a real blessing, although he seemed carefree most of the time, but actually he was serious when it came to work. He usually the one who was handling the closing of the shop, so that Chanyeol and Soo young could go back earlier. Nothing was different today except the additional of Junmyeon and they were working together tidying up the shop.

"He's cute.." Soo Young simply said on their way home. There was a tease tone in her voice, and it was kind of odd when she said that only behind his back, because she got all the opportunity to say that right in front of him. 

They were holding each other's hand, swinging them idly back and forth in between. 

Despite a bit awkwardness, Chanyeol couldn't help, but silently agreed, indeed Junmyeon was cute. .

A cute hyung... 

 

 

 

 

 

  

Getting closer also meant that getting to know people better, vice versa and the vicious cycle continues. Four months already passed by since Junmyeon first met Chanyeol, it was a good amount of time, but it didn't prepare Junmyeon that well for breaking up the wall. Times was flying too fast, but he didn't ready for anything yet...

Well, that was happening when So Young hit him with casual question, but he never expecting that at that particular moment. 

"Junmyeon oppa, do you happen to have any girlfriend.." So Young asked one day, when she was at Junmyeon's kitchen, learning to bake muffin cup cake from Junmyeon. 

Junmyeon was taken aback. There's was curiosity resonated in her voice, but more than that, she sounded purely concern about him as a friend. He could appreciate just as much, wanting to reciprocate as well, but there was still an invisible barrier that he didn't dare to break it yet. He felt uneasy, although he knew So Young was always so pure heated, possess no judgemental mind if he said something odd about himself. 

He really wanted to run away from his own home, right now, disappearing forever and never come back....

As if she could sense discomfort in him, Soo Young resumed, "Because you are handsome, cute and kind, it's almost impossible you still single," She tried to ease away any doubt in him. 

Junmyeon thought he must be very obvious that So young could sense how uncomfortable was him when she asked about that question. Sometimes, he hated himself for being obvious, his feeling was too genuine it sometime showed off just likes that, he hated himself for unable to fake otherwise. 

"Don't worry, I'm not going to dig in down further if you felt uncomfortable to tell us anything..." So Young smiled re ensure. 

"It's not like that...." Junmyeon attempted to retort So Young's words, but being cut off...

Chanyeol who was sitting at the dining table, suddenly interrupted the conversation. Knowing Junmyeon, it's impossible not to notice his change. It was easy to discern how his smile faltered, how his eyes no longer twinkled in delight, they subtly became dull. 

May be he knew Junmyeon enough to notice the changes or may he paid too much attention to his hyung, that even the slightest bit of change would not escape his notice. 

"It's okay Junmyeon hyung if you're still single. It's not that bad thing either.."

It was not his first time seeing his most favorite hyung like this, emotionally vulnerable but still trying hard to hold on. Faking his smile, but sharp eyes could easily catch on.

The first time he saw the same look on Junmyeon's beautiful face was during their first time encountering each other. As far as he could remember this was the second time, and it was best to say it was related to the same theme -love. 

Chanyeol wondered if there was anything else he could provide to the elder beside comforting words. If only he able to cut himself into two....one for Soo young, another for ...

"Yeah, Chanyeol is right . It's not bad thing for being single, also...I'm still single and available..." Out of nowhere, Baekhyun's voice could be heard across ths kitchen, trying to light up the mood. He was at living room, but it seemed that he also eavesdropped the conversation. 

Chanyeol could literally see Baekhyun's flirtious wink, although baekhyun was not with them. 

For certain reason, Chanyeol hated his best friend for still single and available, hated his gut for talking of his mind out loud without fear being dislike, able to casually joke around without any filter but still able to maintain a full insight of his sorrounding. He may seem to be a type of guy who play around a lot, but he always attentive toward others. 

That natural charm, Byun Baekhyun was likeable by everyone. Chanyeol felt a little bit surge of envious, because who wouldn't? 

Chanyeol usually had high self esteem and confidence level, but it was odd enough that at this moment he felt threatened. 

Yeah, he didn't even have any strong reason to feel any sort of vulnerability, but that's what he felt right now. 

"Baekhyun, aren't you by any mean, trying to say that you're gay? sorry if I've miss understood something here " Junmyeon sounded awry a bit to ask, but cleared his confusion anyway. 

Baekhyun never bite people, needless to say. 

"you're not wrong to say that..." He yelled, surprisingly proud of himself . "But more likely bi to be exact..." he clarified further. 

Junmyeon bite his own lower lip, contemplating to say something. It's call a lot of courage to come out, and Junmyeon was always so insecure anything about himself. He didn't realise his lower lip already started dripping blood. 

"Hey, are you okay.. Myeonni hyung?" Chanyeol gently asked, knocking Junmyeon's deep trance. 

"Ah, of course..I'm okay..."Junmyeon fidgeted a little. Only then he could taste the rusty taste at the corner of his mouth. 

"Because it's doesn't seem like that to me...mind to share with us Junmyeon oppa?" Soo Young concernly queried. 

Junmyeon fisted his own hands and took a deep breath. He really appreciated the concern, care and attention that all of them gave to him. 

May be this time, he should pay back their concern. He wanted to entrust them his little secret. After all, although their friendship was still new and green, was built under the name of trust, care, conviction and will. 

"I...." Junmyeon stuttered, looking at the other three, exchanging gaze in between. Baekhyun was already joining them, plopping into one of the chair. He looked so eager to listen, even more didn't want to be the last person to know. "I like this one person, we've known each other for longest time...but, i don't know whether our feeling is mutual or not..."

Chanyeol thought he was well ready with anything that could have come out from Junmyeon's mouth, but how irony, he wasn't. In fact, his heart felt like dropping from very deep cliff....

The taste of bitterness from the newfound squeezed his heart a bit, although not too much, but it was enough to suffocate him. Luckily, Baekhyun was there, his sunny like trait was useful at this particular moment - at least he could hide his disgruntlement somewhere in between his joyful, loud laugh. 

It was difficult to hide his feeling all alone....

"Why didn't you confess oppa? Pretty sure she will like you back..." So Young asked. 

"Wait a minute, do we know that person, hyung? Cause you never tell anything about it." This time, Baekhyun cut off the conversation, pounding Junmyeon with another question. 

It took a few moments as Junmyeon was contemplating, one after another, they seemed to be difficult questions...

Perhaps, they were not that difficult after all, but to deliver the answers were....His throat felt dry although he already gulped a glass of water earlier...

"It's a guy actually.."the answer finally spilled out from his lips . "I don't think you guys know about him cause he rarely around. He just drops here likes once a month to deliver seed and fertilizer..." 

Ah, talking about a guy who only dropped around once every month or sometime twice, Chanyeol thought he had seen that mentioned guy...it was just that he never meet the other face to face.  Chanyeol only had a glance at him from far away, from his own shop, but although from the distant, that was enough for him to give a picture what Junmyeon's crush look like. 

He was tall, although not as tall as Chanyeol, he was definitely taller than Baekhyun. Having brunette hair, his frame was lithe, although Junmyeon could be smallest among them. Chanyeol never have a close look on his face, but he was certainly handsome, so there's no surprise to know that Junmyeon had little (large) crush on that guy. 

"I've seen him several times. He's so handsome, i see why you like him ..." Chanyeol mumbled. 

"Woah...really?" teasing Baekhyun quickly cooed at Junmyeon. 

Junmyeon blushed. He really looked like a high school girl, looking shy all over after being teased about his crush.   " That's not it..," he softly denied, although not that strong, cause really, who could ever deny Luhan's look? But at the same, Junmyeon reminded himself, that was not all about it. 

Yes, Lu Han was more than a look. His personality did justice to his face. He was naturally charming all over. Soft outside, but strong inside. Outgoing but never overstep his boundary. The Chinese man always cared about Junmyeon like his own younger brother.

The thought being treated that way made Junmyeon uncomfortable. Romantic feeling shouldn't be harboured that way.....

"Back to our main topic, how  could you  know that your love unrequited or not if you never let him know your feeling, oppa? you have nothing to lose if you confess. At least, he know... reciprocating or not is another story...." Soo Young recommended. 

Things always get easier said than done. Execute what was being told, what he himself tried to convince was never being easy. 

Overwhelming fear, self doubt, insecure and many other feelings were all messing up his thought process. Not that he never wanted to give it a try, but every single time, for unknown weird reason, he just couldn't. All he just needed to tell was 'i-love-you' but that three miracle words didn't come out from him. 

The words seemed like forever tied up at the tip of his tongue. Lips felt like being glued together from uttering what he was intending to say. His throat felt dry ever seem forever. 

He could tell Lu Han everything but that words...it was kind of frustrating ...

Junmyeon already tired of trying....

Was it a curse or something?

"Hey Joy, you know may be it's not that easy, especially for Junmyeon hyung..." Baekhyun broke the pause of silence when Junmyeon unable to reply back.

Junmyeon gulped, looking at Baekhyun. There was too much thought and consideration in his words and he was forever grateful to this guy...

"Ah, sorry Junmyeon oppa if I hurt you. .." Soo Young profusely apologized. 

"That's okay...I know you only said that cause you're concern about me ..you only want the best for me...so, thank you.." said Junmyeon. He was blessed to have them in his life - this group of friends, he learned so many things from them. With this group of friends, his dull life was no longer plain and lifeless, it had variety of colours. It was a blessing to be surrounded by a group of people who had different personalities, but at the same could nullify each other. 

All of them had different ways of showing their affection, but at the end, all they cared for was to love....

"Part of it is my fault too, for not fully open up myself to you guys... although you guys always wanting to know more about me..."Junmyeon admitted. He got better socialize ever since meeting them, but what he had told them, only just a tip from the iceberg. 

"I afraid with so many things, not only for confession itself. I've been in relationships before, but all of them ended dreadfully..."  he heard his own voice muffled. He looked again at his best friends,  they seemed patiently waiting for him to finish his remaining words...the glint in their eyes showed encouragement and no force, and Junmyeon gained his courage. "Either we were breaking up or my lovers...died...I don't want to experience that kind of heartbreak again..."  Junmyeon just stopped at that point, deciding that he didn't need to tell the detail. what he had tell was enough. 

He felt fear to fall deeper in love just to lose again, the dearest person in his life. 

His life was full of curses when he was in love. Was his love life had been fated that way? Was it kind of his destiny? 

"You mean, you think your whole life has been cursed to only loosing again? " asked Baekhyun, trying to fathom what was there in Junmyeon's mind. Baekhyun was sharp, it was always easy even for Junmyeon who was not that good in expressing himself. 

Junmyeon weakly nodded, embarrassing by his own weakness, although he knew he didn't need to - this bunch of friends never judge him for anything. 

"Hyung, you'll miss the chance if you let your own fear stopping you from pursuing your own happiness...., " Chanyeol reassured his hyung. "You never know, may be that Lu Han guy is the one for you. You might be unlucky or fail for thousands times, but please don't stop...." 

Chanyeol never knew the words of encouragement could came from him, when he pretty sure there was a pang of jealousy buried in his heart. Yes, he said those words, but it was not without feeling burn inside. 

But for his hyung sake, he wanted to be selfless, only this time, he wanted to cheer  him up  to the most. Chanyeol wanted to be there for this most precious, the most innocent white lily he ever met, he wanted to support him in his every little step of pursuing his happiness even if, for under certain circumstances, he could not fall in love with Junmyeon.

He didn't want to let his selfishness overthrow his love for Junmyeon. He genuinely wanted Junmyeon to be happy, that was all the wish he could best ever think, he could ever hope. 

And, the last thing he ever wish  for his little white lily, his hyung was for him to get withered, wilted over the time, remain alone....

Cheering up people used to be the easiest task for him, but not this time, not because of this whirlwind feeling that he harboured for Junmyeon, but Chanyeol knew better than anyone, this was the best thing he could offer to his hyung, when he found himself saying "I'll always cheer you up Junmyeon hyung...so please, don't give up your hope ..."

He tasted his own words, the bittersweet, at the tip of his tongue. Still, he flashed his brightest smile, he faked to look genuine. How irony, but his eyes couldn't even lie properly when he caught baekhyun's, glancing back at him, giving him an incredulous look. He knew his best friend probably sense something wrong in him. 

He also foresee that he was going to have serious conversation with Baekhyun later on...he better prepared himself to be under Baekhyun's taunting doubt and suspicion. 

Chanyeol decided to worry about that later...perhaps, Baekhyun already realised about this earlier.