Final

Just The Way You Are

Leaning back against his airplane seat, Yoongi sighed for the billionth time. The boys were flying back from their Music Bank performance in Singapore.

“What’s wrong, hyung?” Hoseok asked.

“Nothing,” Yoongi muttered, his eyes trailing over to the mochi sitting diagonally opposite him. Following his line of sight, Hoseok sighed and rolled his eyes.

“You’re pining over him again, aren’t you?” Hoseok realised.

“What do you think I am? Some lovesick teenager?” Yoongi retorted. “I don’t pine over anyone. Especially not Jimin.” Yoongi stated, crossing his arms in a sulk. Said person looked over at the mention of his name only to lock eyes with the elder. Instantly, Jimin’s eyes widened in surprise before he quickly turned back around. Closing his eyes, Yoongi exhaled deeply as he tilted his head back. “Alright fine. So maybe I miss him a little.” Yoongi admitted, quietly.

“Don’t worry about it. He’ll come around soon. Besides, what happened was an accident. It’s not your fault.” Hoseok reassured him.

“Yeah, it’s yours.” Yoongi told him.

“Well sorry for not going along with your revenge plan against me,” Hoseok shot back, sarcastically, making Yoongi roll his eyes as he thought back to that night one week ago.

Flashback

They’d just finished practice in preparation for their upcoming comeback and were about to head home for the day.

“Jimin and I are going to stay here and practice some more. You guys head back.” Hoseok informed them.

“Okay. See you at home Hobi hyung, Jimin,” Jungkook teased.

“Aish! That’s hyung to you, brat!” Jimin complained, making a move to smack him causing Jungkook to chuckle as he ran out of the room.

“From the top?” Hoseok asked, walking over to the stereo. Jimin nodded in response. Pressing play, Hoseok walked over to the center of the room as the two dancers went over their choreography once again while the other members filed out of the room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Is everything ready?” Yoongi inquired. Jungkook and Taehyung both gave him a thumbs up. “Okay hyung, call Jimin.” Yoongi instructed, looking at Jin. Nodding, Jin dialled the little mochi’s number.

“Hello?” Jimin answered.

“Hi Jimin. Where are you now?” Jin queried.

“I’m just about to leave the dance studio with Hobi hyung. Why?” Jimin wondered.

“Oh, I just wanted you to pick up a few groceries for me on the way home. Also, Yoongi wants Hoseok to come back straight away to go over some of his lines in the new song.” Jin told him.

“Okay, I’ll let him know. Just text me the shopping list and I’ll go buy them for you.” Jimin replied.

“Thank you.” Jin thanked him, hanging up the phone. “Everything is in motion.” Jin confirmed.

“This is going to be so much fun!” Taehyung exclaimed, excited for the plan. Why was there a plan? Well, a couple of weeks ago, Hoseok had gone to Yoongi’s room to talk to him about the rap line’s song when he accidentally walked in on Jin and Yoongi’s conversation about the rapper’s crush on Jimin. Needless to say, Hoseok had relentlessly about it and despite Yoongi’s countless threats, he did not heed the warnings. Now he’ll wish he had.

Only Jin and Namjoon knew of the real reason behind Yoongi’s revenge plan. The maknaes had been told it was payback for the time Hoseok accidentally broke his iPad.

“Let’s do this.” Yoongi decided, smirking evilly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hyung, are you sure it was alright for you to go instead of me? You know that when Yoongi hyung wants us for something he expects us to come straight away. He hates waiting.” Jimin reminded him.

“Ah, don’t worry about it. 15 extra minutes won’t kill him.” Hoseok reassured him. "Besides, I could do with a break from his miserable face.” Hoseok joked, making Jimin chuckle.

“Okay, I’ll see you soon, hyung.” Jimin responded, hanging up the phone. “I’m home!” Jimin announced, entering the dorm. Toeing off his shoes, he walked through the empty hallway, an unnerving silence filling the apartment. “Hello?” Jimin called out. Suddenly, music flooded his ears. And not just any music. Yoongi’s Agust D mixtape track, ‘Give It To Me’.

When Yoongi dropped his mixtape, Jimin was beyond excited and couldn’t wait to listen to it. But when he listened to track 3, the eerie tone sent chills down his spine and honestly, it gave him the creeps. He’d lied to Yoongi about liking it and had not listened to the song since, but now that he was here, alone, he felt that familiar feeling of dread settle in his stomach.

“Yoongi hyung?” Jimin said, lifting his hand to rest on the door handle of Jin and Yoongi’s bedroom door.

‘Wait a minute. That’s not Hobi. That’s…’ Yoongi thought, springing to his feet as he came to a sudden realisation.

“No, Jimin! Don’t!” Yoongi warned Jimin as he opened the door. Furrowing his eyebrows, Jimin sent him a confused look when a doll dropped down in front of him, covered in blood.

“AARGH!” Jimin screamed as he fell backwards, landing with a loud thump. Instantly, the room was filled with raucous laughter.

“Jiminie, you should have seen your face! It was priceless!” Taehyung cried, clutching his stomach.

“That was the best reaction ever!” Jungkook declared, holding onto Taehyung to support himself. Gritting his teeth, Jimin got up and glared at the two maknaes before flashing a hurt look towards Yoongi. Once, when he was hanging out with Taemin, Jimin had complained about not being able to pass BTS’ manly man test. Taemin had suggested watching ‘Annabelle’ together to try and overcome his fear but Jimin only got halfway through the film before the creepy doll got too much for him to handle.  Jimin had told Yoongi this in confidence so he couldn’t believe that he would do something like this.

“Jimin…” Yoongi began before Jin cut him off.

“We didn’t mean to scare you, we were trying to prank Hoseok.” Jin told him, explaining the situation to him. Jimin had understood and helped them to re-setup the plan to prank Hoseok which worked like a charm. He wouldn’t be bothering Yoongi for a while. The only problem was that ever since then, Jimin had been ignoring the elder rapper and Yoongi didn’t like that one bit.

End Flashback

“Jimin, when are you going to stop avoiding Yoongi hyung? It’s been a week already.” Taehyung remarked.

“I’m not avoiding him.” Jimin lied. Avoiding Yoongi was the last thing Jimin wanted but that prank had brought back the horrible memories of Annabelle which caused him to have a recurring nightmare every single day this week; he’d be trapped in a room with the blood covered doll, a mix of spooky doll laughs and Yoongi’s creepy laugh from ‘Give It To Me’ spilling from its mouth as the spine-chilling tune blasted through the room.

“Right, and I’m not totally smitten with golden boy over there.” Taehyung replied, sarcastically, nodding his head towards the maknae who was sitting across the aisle with the eldest member and the leader.

“How is that going, by the way?” Jimin questioned.

“Don’t try and change the subject. Just sort things out.” Taehyung advised him, making Jimin sigh. Sneaking a glance at the object of his affections, Jimin’s heart lurched at the kicked puppy look on his hyung’s face. He had to fix things.


Once the boys got back to Korea, it was late so they got takeout and headed back home. After dinner, Jin took the plates and chopsticks to the kitchen and made a start on the washing up. As he washed the last plate, he felt strong arms secure themselves around his waist.

“Hey,” Namjoon murmured, making Jin smile.

“Hey you.” Jin returned, turning his head to peck his boyfriend on the lips before returning his attention to the dishes. Sighing happily, Namjoon nuzzled his face into the back of Jin’s neck. How did he get blessed with this perfect human being?

“Just leave the dishes and come to bed.” Namjoon mumbled against his skin.

“Then I’ll have even more to do tomorrow.” Jin pointed out.

“But I want you. Now,” Namjoon purred into the elder’s ear, sending shivers down his spine.

“Namjoon.” Jin warned him, half-heartedly, as Namjoon began to pepper kisses along the expanse of his collarbone. “Namjoon, stop!” Jin said, giggling.

“Yeah Namjoon, stop.” A voice commented from behind causing the couple to turn around. Ignoring them, Yoongi walked straight past them to get a glass from the cupboard.

“How are things with Jimin?” Jin inquired.

“Fine.” Yoongi responded, filling his glass with cold water.

“Things will work out between you two, don’t worry.” Namjoon reassured him.

“I wasn’t! God, I wish everyone would just mind their own!” Yoongi snapped before leaving the room. Sighing, Jin and Namjoon looked at each other, smiling sadly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoongi went straight to his room wanting nothing more than to fall into the comforting embrace of his one true love. But as he lay there, facing the wall, he could not get his eyes to close. It had been the same every night since Jimin started avoiding him. His heart was unsettled and he could not sleep peacefully until this issue was resolved.

“What can I do though?” Yoongi mumbled to himself when suddenly the bedroom door opened. Closing his eyes, Yoongi lay completely still as he feigned sleep. He heard soft footsteps coming towards him before he felt the bed dip as a small weight settled itself behind him. Only one person would be brave enough to do that. The thought brought a smile to his lips.

“What do you want Jimin?” Yoongi grumbled, pretending to be annoyed.

“I’m showing you how annoying it is when you crawl into my bed every night.” Jimin remarked. Yoongi turned over to face him.

“It’s not every night.” Yoongi argued with a playful smirk. Jimin gave a small smile and looked down.

“I’m sorry.” Jimin apologised, playing with his fingers.

“It’s okay.” Yoongi replied.

“No, it’s not.” Jimin stated. “I know you didn’t mean to scare me. It’s just that, that prank brought back the nightmares I had when I watched the film and seeing you kept reminding me of it.” Jimin confessed, making Yoongi’s heart drop.

“I’m sorry too.” Yoongi returned, Jimin’s hair. “We got Hobi good though, didn’t we?” Yoongi murmured, bringing a smile to Jimin’s lips.

“Yeah. I can’t believe he actually fainted from shock! He was so pissed at us when he woke up.” Jimin remembered, giggling.

“Good. Next time, he’ll think twice before getting on my bad side.” Yoongi said, chuckling. The two of them stayed up talking for the rest of the night.


Yoongi was rudely awoken by the morning sunlight spilling over his eyelids. Groaning, Yoongi tried to turn over and bury his face in his pillow but was stopped by a weight on his arm. Looking down, Yoongi smiled at the angel before him.

Somewhere during the night, the two of them must have fallen asleep and had somehow ended up tangled together. Yoongi had his left arm stretched out across the bed and his right arm loosely draped over Jimin’s waist while Jimin had his head resting in the juncture between Yoongi’s neck and shoulder, his hands cutely clutching at the elder’s shirt.

Lifting his hand, Yoongi gently brushed Jimin’s fringe out of his eyes before placing a feather-light kiss on his forehead. How could this small boy from Busan have such an effect on him? Whenever someone brought up the topic of his love life, Yoongi would always say that he was far too busy to date but when it came to Jimin it was different. He would lose all his swag and his insides would melt in an instant at the mere sight of him.

As he gazed down at his love, a small sound escaped from Jimin’s lips, signalling that he was coming back into consciousness. Panicking, Yoongi quickly shut his eyes and laid back down.

Eyes fluttering open, Jimin smiled and nuzzled his head into Yoongi's chest, the sound of the elder’s heartbeat soothing him. Five seconds passed before Jimin’s suddenly flew open, realising what position he and Yoongi were in. Sitting up slowly, Jimin carefully removed Yoongi’s arm from around his waist and gently got off the bed, trying to make the least amount of noise possible. Padding over to the door, Jimin looked back at his crush and smiled before slipping out of the room. Yoongi’s bed now felt cold and empty without the warmth of his angel but he vowed that it wouldn't be long before the vocalist was back in it. He would make sure of it.


Over the next couple of weeks everything had been great between the tiny duo. They had fun together, Jimin had stopped complaining about Yoongi climbing into his bed and whenever they were together you’d always find them casually hanging off each other. Currently, they were at one of their fansigns, having just made their September comeback. The group found it difficult to speak across the table so they communicated through their group chat on KakaoTalk which is what they were doing now.

Taehyung: Hey guys, look what I got!

Hoseok: Taehyung, you get one every fansign.

Taehyung: I know, but Eevee is so cute!

Jin: Do you want to know what’s cute?

Jimin: What?

Jin: My Joonie <3

Namjoon: Aww, thanks babe.

Namjoon: You’re cute too <3

Jin: 

[Yoongi left the chatroom]

Jungkook: Now he’ll never reply.

Jimin: Don’t worry, I’ll add him back later.

Shaking his head, Jimin turned towards Yoongi who was seated at the other end of the table. Feeling someone’s gaze on him, Yoongi turned to see Jimin giving him a look.

“What?” Yoongi mouthed at the younger. Rolling his eyes, Jimin pointed to his phone.

Jimin: Hyung, why did you leave the group chat?

Yoongi: They were being gross.

Jimin: They were sending cute selcas to each other.

Yoongi: Exactly. Gross.

Jimin: Yoongi hyung -_-

Yoongi: What? I have nothing against them doing coupley things but it doesn’t mean I have to see it. I get enough of it at home.

Jimin: What do they do?

Yoongi: Anytime I’m in that room, I’ll hear Jin calling Namjoon just to check up on him when he’s working. He’ll say things like ‘Namjoon, don’t forget to eat the packed lunch I made you. I know you get really into your music but you mustn’t waste away while you’re there. You know I worry about you, Joonie.’

Yoongi: *Throws up*

Jimin: Aww, I think it’s cute!

Jimin: I wish I had someone who cares about me like that.

Yoongi: Maybe you already do.

Jimin: What?

“Crap! I wasn’t supposed to send that,” Yoongi muttered to himself.

Yoongi: What I meant was that you’re a good guy, Jiminie, and I don’t doubt that there is someone out there who loves you.

Jimin: Ha, you think so?

This response made Yoongi frown. He hated it when Jimin was like this. To the public eye he was the bright angel of Bangtan but to Yoongi he was a fragile, insecure puppy. Yoongi was one of the only members that Jimin dared to show his weaknesses to and the fact that the younger put so much trust in him made him feel warm inside. Looking over at Jimin, he noticed the younger staring sadly at his phone before quickly covering it up with a smile as a fan came up to him.

Yoongi: I know so.

Yoongi: Jimin, you’re one of the best people I have ever met. I know you get nervous and worry about what everyone thinks but when you get on that stage and the music starts… You captivate the hearts of ARMYs everywhere with your amazing voice and mesmerise them with your dance moves. But not just our fans. Us too.

Yoongi: You’re Bangtan’s angel and resident cutie (or so I’ve been told). One day, you’ll meet the person of your dreams and they’ll be the luckiest person in the world because they’re loved by you.

Jimin: Hyung…

Not giving himself time to cringe at his own words, Yoongi quickly sent a selfie and put his phone down as he greeted the next fan. After signing their album and talking with them, he waved goodbye when his phone buzzed indicating another message from Jimin.

Jimin: When did you become so soft? *Blushing emoji*

Jimin: Jin hyung must be rubbing off on you *Laughing emoji*

Confused, Yoongi looked up and his eyes widened as he realised that he had sent the wrong picture. Instead of the smiling face selfie that he had intended to send, he had sent the selfie of him blowing a kiss to the camera.

Dragging a hand down his face, he noticed that Jimin had sent another message.

Jimin: Thank you =)

“Why are you so ing adorable?” Yoongi murmured to himself, a soft smile on his face.


Pulling his hat low, Jimin entered the coffee shop and spotted his friend sitting in the corner, waving him over. Holding up a hand in greeting, Jimin walked over and sat down opposite the other.

“Thank you for meeting with me, hyung.” Jimin said, removing his hat and sunglasses.

“Anytime. So, what’s up?” Taemin queried.

“Well, there’s this guy…” Jimin trailed off as the waitress came up to them. Quickly placing their order, Taemin turned towards the younger.

“Let me guess, one of your group members?” Taemin guessed.

“How did you know?” Jimin wondered.

“Come on, Jimin. I know how hectic a KPOP idol’s schedule can be and even more so for you guys what with all your recent award wins. Who else do you have time for but them?” Taemin answered, making Jimin nod his head in agreement. “So, which one do you like?” Taemin inquired.

“Yoongi hyung.” Jimin confessed.

“Yoongi? Oh, you mean the short rapper guy? He’s the same age as me, right?” Taemin asked. Jimin nodded in response. “So, you like him. What’s the problem?” Taemin questioned.

“Wait, you’re okay with it? You don’t hate me?” Jimin replied, surprised.

“What? No, of course I don’t hate you. Love is the same whether it’s between people of the opposite or the same . It doesn’t matter to me which way you swing.” Taemin stated. “Is that what you’ve been worried about?” Taemin queried.

“Well, that was one of the things.” Jimin admitted.

“And the other?” Taemin continued.

“His reaction.” Jimin responded. “I mean, what if he doesn’t feel the same way? It’s not as simple as going up to the person you like and asking them out. This is different and so much more complicated. I have to think about me, Yoongi hyung, the members, the group, the company-” Jimin said all in one breath before Taemin cut him off.

“Jimin. Forget about the company and the group. The members are your best friends. Your brothers. They’ll support you no matter what so don't think about them when making your decision. This is between you and Yoongi and only you and Yoongi.” Taemin interrupted. Jimin nodded his head in response. “If you don’t mind me asking, why did you come to me about this? Surely it would be make more sense to go talk to one of your members since they know him.” Taemin pointed out.

“It’s because they know him that I didn’t want to go to them. I wanted an outsider’s unbiased opinion.” Jimin explained. Taemin gave him a look of understanding.

“So, has he shown any hints as to how he feels? Any sort of indication?” Taemin inquired.

“He is nicer to me than some of the others, but I don’t know if that’s just him being a good friend.” Jimin informed him.

“How so? How does he treat you differently?” Taemin questioned.

“He acts a lot softer towards me I guess. He reassures me when I get nervous before a performance, he praises me when I do well, he encourages me when I’m unsure of myself…” Jimin trailed off, pausing to think. “Oh, this is an example of the types of things he says.” Jimin added as he dug out his phone and brought up their text conversation from the fansign, showing it to the elder.

“He certainly cares about you a lot. But, again, a friend can also act this way.” Taemin commented, sipping his coffee

“Exactly,” Jimin murmured before his eyes lit up in remembrance. “Oh wait, there is another thing. He also climbs into my bed almost every night.” Jimin remembered causing Taemin to choke and sputter everywhere.

“What?!” Taemin shouted causing Jimin’s eyes to widen as he looked around at all the gazes that were fixed on them.

“Shhh!” Jimin hushed him, putting a finger on his lips.

“Sorry.” Taemin apologised. “So, he climbs into your bed?” Taemin repeated, incredulously.

“Yes, but, before you get any ideas, it’s completely innocent!” Jimin hurried to reassure him. “Yoongi hyung often stays late at the studio working on songs and when he comes back home he just crawls into my bed and sleeps beside me.” Jimin told him.

“Okay, but why not his own bed?” Taemin wondered.

“I don’t know. I never really questioned it.” Jimin admitted with a shrug.

“You were too busy enjoying it, right?” Taemin teased, causing Jimin to look down at his lap as he blushed bright red in shame and embarrassment. “Well, it sounds to me that his feelings for you go well beyond friendship, Jimin, but something tells me that you need a more concrete answer than that.” Taemin remarked. Jimin nodded his head in agreement.

“I just need to find some way to work out he feels. I’m not confident enough to just come out and confess to him without any sort of hint.” Jimin replied.

“Be subtle about it. The next time you two are together try and find a way to casually bring the topic up into conversation and use that to gauge his feelings towards you.” Taemin suggested.

“Okay. But…” Jimin trailed off, looking down.

“But what?” Taemin queried.

“I’m scared. What if he rejects me?” Jimin questioned, making Taemin sigh as he smiled softly at the younger.

“Jimin, I know that love can be scary, but you can’t let your fear stop you from being happy. So, go and tell him how you feel because if you don’t then you may end up regretting it for the rest of your life.” Taemin advised him.


When Jimin got back to the dorm, he walked to the living room to see the others sitting around the TV watching a movie; Namjoon was sitting on the floor with Jin in his lap, Jungkook was sitting with his back against the sofa which V was lying on while playing with the younger’s hair and Yoongi and Hoseok were huddled together in the middle of the room with a bowl of popcorn on their laps, way too close for his liking.

“Hi Jimin, did you have a good day with Taemin?” Jin inquired.

“Yeah, I did thanks.” Jimin responded. After their chat, the boys went to see a movie and then went to the arcade to chill out and forget all their worries.

“Want to join us?” Namjoon offered.

“Nah, that’s okay. I’m pretty tired so I’m just going to take a shower and go to bed.” Jimin said as he headed for the bathroom.

“Jimin, what are your plans tomorrow?” Yoongi cut in, making Jimin stop and turn towards him.

“Uh, nothing really.” Jimin answered.

“Well, now you're spending the day with me.” Yoongi stated causing all the members to turn and stare at him.

“It sounds like his feelings for you go way beyond friendship.”

“I am? Why?” Jimin queried, hope shining in his eyes.

‘Could it be?’ Jimin thought.

“Bang PD gave us the okay to start working on our first sub-unit song so I wanted to get a jump on it.” Yoongi told him, taking a handful of popcorn.

“Oh.” Jimin replied, deflated, before pasting on a smile as Yoongi turned towards him. “Great! I have lots of ideas.” Jimin informed him.

“I look forward to hearing them.” Yoongi returned with a smile. Nodding back, Jimin turned around and left the room. As soon as he was out of earshot, everyone grabbed a handful of popcorn and threw it at Yoongi.

“Yah. Do you all want to die?” Yoongi threatened.

“You idiot!” Jin cried, smacking him.

“Ow! What was that for?” Yoongi asked.

“He was clearly waiting for you to ask him out.” Namjoon answered.

“Why would I do that?” Yoongi muttered, looking away.

“Drop the act hyung, we all know that you like Jimin.” Jungkook stated.

“And we all also know that you missed the perfect opportunity.” Taehyung added, leaving Yoongi to ponder his words.


Yoongi was working on one of BTS’ new tracks when he heard a knock at the door.

“Come in, Jimin.” Yoongi called, pausing his music as the door opened.

“I thought we could have come to the studio together today hyung, but you left really early this morning.” Jimin said, pouting, walking over to sit in the chair beside Yoongi.

“Yeah well, I thought if I came here early and worked on the group’s tracks then I could spend the rest of my day with you, Jiminie.” Yoongi responded, placing his hand on his palm as he beamed at the younger. His smile grew wider when Jimin ducked his head to try and hide the pink blush that dusted his cheeks.

“Uh, anyway…” Jimin trailed off, trying to change the subject, making Yoongi chuckle. Reaching into his bag, Jimin pulled out a notebook and laid it out on the table. “So, I made a list of songs with beats and melodies that I thought we could sample or make one similar to and I’ve also brainstormed ideas for what our song’s concept could be.” Jimin told him.

“Wow. Someone’s been busy.” Yoongi remarked, looking at the masses of writing spread across the paper.

“Well, I made a promise to you that we would form a sub-unit so I wanted our first song to be perfect.” Jimin admitted, making Yoongi smile.

“Right. Let’s listen to the songs you found and see if any of the rhythms and melodies could fit a specific concept. Then, we can talk about ideas for lyrics for that theme.” Yoongi decided, going onto YouTube. Jimin nodded in agreement. “Okay, first one.” Yoongi read playing the first song ‘Alive’ by Kehlani (feat. Coucheron).  Moving his head to the beat, Yoongi peeked over at Jimin mouthing the lyrics.

‘Cute.’ Yoongi thought.

“What do you think?” Jimin inquired.

“It’s very upbeat and builds up to the peak of the song which is the chorus. It has a very chilled out, mellow vibe about it.” Yoongi commented.

“Yeah, I remembered you saying that you like to write songs about dreams and reality and thought it would fit that concept rather well. Plus, it could be a good route to go down since it's familiar to us.” Jimin explained.

“True. What I covered in my mixtape was my wishes for the group’s success such as international recognition and Billboard.” Yoongi replied.

“You were really proud when we won that Top Social Artist award, weren’t you?” Jimin recalled.

“That and shocked, really. One, that my lyrics had come true and two, that it had happened in such a short amount of time. I mean, it was just over 9 months since the release of my mixtape.” Yoongi confessed.

“We have achieved a lot of amazing things this year. BTS even got into the Guinness Book of World Records!” Jimin cried, amazed.

“That was pretty cool,” Yoongi murmured. “So, if we follow this concept then we could talk about the past year and how fast some of our dreams have turned into reality.” Yoongi said.

“Right. We could start off by talking about what we started as and then when we reach the highlight point of the song we cover all the things we’ve accomplished and how much it means to us.” Jimin elaborated as Yoongi wrote down some notes.

“Alright, let’s move on to the next one.” Yoongi responded. They carried on through the list, discussing concepts and lyric ideas, making for a productive day.

“Okay, last son-“ Yoongi began before he was interrupted by the growl of Jimin’s stomach. The latter brought his hands to his stomach, smiling sheepishly at the rapper causing him to chuckle. “Hungry?” Yoongi questioned.

“A bit.” Jimin admitted.

“Do you want to order some food? We’ve only got one more song to go through and then we can watch a movie on my Netflix.” Yoongi suggested.

“Sounds good.” Jimin agreed as Yoongi pulled up the Chinese takeaway website and placed their normal order.

“Right then. Last song.” Yoongi repeated as ‘Coffee’ by Miguel and Wale started playing.

“I liked the balance of rap and ballad in this song and how they smoothly transition into one another. Since we’re a vocal and rap duo, this kind of style would complement both our voices.” Jimin told him.

“Yeah. The beat picks up in Wale’s verse which emphasizes the rap parts and the soft instrumental sounds during the chorus and other verses allows the vocals to shine through which will be the main point of our song.” Yoongi continued.

“It will?” Jimin asked.

“Of course. When you listen to music, you listen to the vocals and the emotions that are conveyed through the lyrics being sung. That’s what draws people in. Your voice is what draws ARMYs in specifically.” Yoongi replied.

“Aish, what are you talking about, hyung? They’ll want to hear more of your rap like the Tony Montana stage we did together, not me.” Jimin responded.

“Jimin. Did you see the reaction we got for Serendipity? I’m pretty sure ARMYs want to listen to your angelic voice.” Yoongi stated, making Jimin smile shyly.

“So, what theme do you think it would fit best?” Jimin wondered.

“Well, the consistent backing bass throughout sets the tone and mood of the song to be something slow and sweet so if we use this kind of melody then the concept should be love.” Yoongi answered, making Jimin gulp slightly.

‘This is your chance, Jimin.’ Jimin thought to himself.

“Any ideas for lyrics?” Jimin queried.

“Well, love is very ambiguous so it can be taken down many different routes; life, family, relationships…” Yoongi trailed off, leaving the concept open to interpretation.

“There’s not much to write about in terms of relationships. You’ve spoken about your ex-girlfriend before and I’ve never even been in a proper relationship.” Jimin reminded him.

“And we all also know that you missed the perfect opportunity.” Taehyung’s words from last night ringing through Yoongi’s ears.

“Yeah, but that doesn’t mean you haven’t had feelings for anyone. You’ve said before that you had a one-sided love but what about now? Is there anyone you’re keen on at the moment?” Yoongi asked, casually, causing Jimin’s eyes to widen.

‘This wasn’t supposed to happen! I was supposed to ask him, not the other way around! What if he finds out?!’ Jimin thought, panicking.

“No.” Jimin said, weakly, turning away.

‘Stay calm, Jimin. Don’t give anything away.’ Jimin told himself.

“Oh. You’re blushing, Jimin.” Yoongi pointed out with a smirk on his face.

“No, I’m not!” Jimin lied, covering his face with his hands.

“Aw, has Jiminie got a little crush?” Yoongi teased, poking him. Despite his calm exterior, Yoongi’s heart was beating rapidly as he awaited Jimin’s answer.

“Maybe.” Jimin admitted, knowing there was no point in denying it anymore.

“So, what are they like?” Yoongi questioned.

He…” Jimin began, emphasising the gender pronoun as he looked up to see Yoongi’s reaction. When he saw no look of disgust, he mentally breathed a sigh of relief and decided it was safe to carry on. “…is amazing. He’s kind, smart, supportive. He’s so passionate about his mu- uh work.” Jimin continued, cutting himself off, hoping Yoongi didn’t catch his slip-up. Yoongi smirked subtly at that. “But, most importantly, he’s always there for me when I need him.” Jimin finished with a smile on his face. “Oh, and he’s hot as .” Jimin added, cheekily, biting his lip as he took a side glance at Yoongi.

“It sounds like you really care about him.” Yoongi commented, coughing to cover up the pink blush on his cheeks.

“What about you?” Jimin inquired, quietly.

“Actually, there is someone. A guy.” Yoongi confessed, making Jimin’s ears prick up.

‘A guy! There’s still a chance!’ Jimin thought.

“Do I know them?” Jimin queried.

“Yes, you do know this person. Very well, actually.” Yoongi informed him.

‘That means it has be one of the members.’ Jimin thought.

“What’s he like?” Jimin asked.

“He’s… how do I put him into words? He’s indescribable.” Yoongi started. “He makes me question everything I once believed. Ever since I became an idol, I’ve been asked different types of questions about dating, roommates and sleeping and every single time my answer has been ‘No, I don’t have time to date’, ‘No, I wouldn’t ever change roommates’, ‘No, my sleep is very important to me so I wouldn’t give it up unless the building was burning down or something’. But, the more time I spent with this guy, the more I realised that my answers were no longer true. I’d always answer the same but in my head, I’d say ‘Maybe if it were him’.” Yoongi continued. “I don’t know how but he’s managed to make a place for himself in my heart. I just love everything about him. He’s my sunshine, my angel.” Yoongi finished with a soft smile on his face.

“He’s my sunshine, my angel.”

‘That can only be one person.’ Jimin concluded.

“Oh.” Jimin said, disheartened.

‘Oh? That wasn’t the answer I wanted. Did I get it all wrong? Maybe Jimin doesn’t like me after all. But the others were so sure of it.’ Yoongi thought to himself, confused by Jimin’s reaction. ‘ this. I’m just going to bite the bullet and tell him.’ Yoongi decided.

“Jimin, I…” Yoongi began before he was cut off by the sound of his doorbell ringing. Gritting his teeth in annoyance, he got up to answer the door. “How much is it?” Yoongi inquired.

“25000 won.” The delivery guy replied. Handing him the money, Yoongi thanked the guy and turned around to find Jimin putting his coat on.

“Where are you going?” Yoongi wondered.

“Sorry hyung, I’m going to have to take a rein check on that movie. Taehyung texted me and said there was some sort of emergency. Just put my food in the fridge when you get home.” Jimin told him, giving him an apologetic smile before leaving.

“First you tell me that I missed the perfect opportunity and then you go and ruin the second one,” Yoongi sighed, flopping back down into his chair.


When Yoongi got back to the dorm, he put Jimin’s food in the fridge and headed straight for his bed when the door to Jungkook’s room opened.

“Oh hyung? How did it go? Are you and Jiminie an item now?” Taehyung asked, excitedly.

“Are you trying to be funny right now?” Yoongi shot back, irritated. First, he ruins Yoongi’s chance and now he’s trying to joke about it?

“No, I really want to know.” Taehyung said, confused, causing Yoongi to frown.

“What about the emergency?” Yoongi inquired.

“What emergency? The only thing close to an emergency was the smoke alarm going off when I accidentally burnt some chips but apart from that I’ve been playing Overwatch with Kookie all evening.” Taehyung answered.

“Oh. I see,” Yoongi muttered, realisation sinking in. Turning away, he trudged towards his room causing Taehyung to frown.

“Yoongi hyung, are you okay?” Taehyung questioned.

“I’m fine. I just realised that heaven’s way too good for me.” Yoongi replied, cryptically, closing the door.


Everything had reverted to that week when Jimin was ignoring Yoongi except things had gotten much worse. Yoongi and Jimin were both depressed messes and every time you mentioned the other one Yoongi would sigh heavily and Jimin’s eyes would glaze over with tears.

“Come on, Jiminie. You have to eat.” Taehyung told him, holding out a sandwich in front of him. Silence.

“Jimin hyung, if you eat I’ll let you hug me all day.” Jungkook suggested. No response. Both boys sighed in defeat. The hyungs (minus Yoongi) were sitting at the kitchen table looking on at the pitiful sight.

“Aargh! That’s it! I’ve had enough of this!” Jin shouted, pointing at the sofa where Taehyung and Jungkook were trying to coax Jimin out of his blanket burrito.

“Hyung, it’s only been two days.” Hoseok pointed out.

“That’s already far too long! I’m sorting this out now!” Jin declared, stomping towards his shared room with Yoongi. “Yoongi! You’re telling me everything right now!” Jin demanded, staring down the figure on the bed.

“What’s there to tell? Jimin hates me,” Yoongi mumbled into his pillow.

“Why? What did you do?” Jin queried.

“I told him how I felt.” Yoongi admitted, rolling onto his back.

“You confessed to him?” Jin asked, surprised.

“Well, not exactly. It was more of an indirect confession.” Yoongi clarified.

“What did you say to him?” Jin inquired, sitting down on his bed.

“We were talking about crushes and I told him that there was a guy I liked. I described him to Jimin and when I was about to confess everything to Jimin, the doorbell interrupted me. After I answered the door, Jimin told me had to leave because Taehyung had some sort of emergency but when I came and asked him, Taehyung didn’t have any idea what I was talking about.” Yoongi explained. “That means he knew that I was talking about him and now he’s so disgusted by me that he won’t come anywhere near me.” Yoongi finished with another deep sigh.

“Now you’re just being ridiculous. Jimin would never do that.” Jin pointed out.

“Well, he certainly doesn’t have feelings for me like you all said because if he did then he would be here in my arms instead of avoiding me like the plague.” Yoongi retorted.

What exactly did you say, Yoongi?” Jin questioned causing Yoongi to furrow his eyebrows.

“Why does it matter? Yoongi wondered.

“Just tell me.” Jin said.

“Alright fine. I said that he makes me question everything I once thought, that he’s indescribable and he’s my sunshine and angel.” Yoongi recalled, making something click in Jin’s mind.

“Repeat that last thing.” Jin responded.

“He’s my sunshine and angel.” Yoongi repeated, making Jin sigh as he slapped his left hand to his forehead.

“Yoongi, who else calls himself that?” Jin returned, watching the gears turn in Yoongi’s mind until his eyes widened in realisation.

“Seolma…” Yoongi trailed off as Jin nodded at him. “He thinks I like Hoseok!” Yoongi cried, incredulously, leaping off his bed.

“It’s the only thing that makes sense.” Jin replied.

“Oh my God. I think I’m gonna be sick.” Yoongi groaned, placing one hand over his mouth and one over his stomach.

“Hey! You’d be lucky to have me!” Hoseok yelled, affronted, entering the room.

“No-one will have you if you keep walking in on our conversations like this,” Yoongi muttered, glaring at him.

“Look, instead of fighting with Hoseok, why don’t you actually try and fix things with Jimin?” Jin suggested. Giving him one last look, Yoongi left the room in search of Jimin.

“Jimin?” Yoongi called, walking into the living room. “Where’s Jimin?” Yoongi asked the two maknaes.

“He said he needed some air.” Taehyung answered, making Yoongi sigh. Blinking, Yoongi’s eyes widened as an idea came to him. “I’m going to the studio. Tell no-one to bother me.” Yoongi announced, grabbing his jacket on the way out.


When Jimin came back, he was exhausted. He’d originally gone out for a walk but he couldn’t clear his mind so he ended up at the dance studio again. When Yoongi told him that he liked someone else (he may not have said the words but Jimin just knew), Jimin was heartbroken. He wanted to breakdown and cry right there and then but he couldn’t in front of Yoongi, so he made up an excuse to leave and went straight to the studio. He always carried spare clothes with him in case he felt the need to practice and at that moment he couldn’t have been gladder. He danced through his frustrations, had a little cry and headed home. It had been the same for the last two nights and tonight was no different. The studio was the only place where he didn’t have to pretend and could wallow in his own pain without anyone asking questions.

Opening his bedroom door, he flopped onto his bed and just lay there, freshly showered. Turning his head to the right, he noticed that Hoseok was already fast asleep.

“What time is it?” Jimin wondered, looking at his phone. 11:30pm. Just as he was about to turn off his phone, the device vibrated to indicate a new message. From Yoongi. Biting his lip, Jimin hesitated before opening it. It was link to a Spotify playlist. Curious, Jimin opened it and when he read the title and description of it, his heart melted. The title read ‘Just the Way You Are’ and when he swiped left the description read ‘You're perfect, Park Jimin’. Plugging in his earphones, he laid back and pressed play on the first song.

Oh, her eyes, her eyes

Make the stars look like they’re not shinin’

Jimin couldn’t help the tears that spilled from his eyes as he beamed from ear to ear. This was what Yoongi’s been constantly trying to tell him.  What he wanted Jimin to believe and see for himself told the only way Yoongi knows how. Through music.

As he listened to each track, Jimin went through a variety of emotions: he laughed when ‘Outro: Her’ started playing because of course there was a song composed by Yoongi in this playlist, he blushed furiously at ‘Versace on the Floor’ because who wouldn’t at the implications of such intimate lyrics, and he smiled at the sound of his older friend’s voice. Unlocking his phone, Jimin scrolled through the playlist, wondering how long it must have taken Yoongi to put this together.

  1. Just the Way You Are – Bruno Mars
  2. I Am You, You Are Me – Zico
  3. Mirrors – Justin Timberlake
  4. I Love You – Akdong Musician
  5. No Make Up – Zion. T
  6. It’s Alright, This is Love – Davichi
  7. Love Girl – CNBLUE
  8. Outro: Her – BTS
  9. Versace On The Floor – Bruno Mars
  10.  Eat – Zion. T
  11.  You and I – Park Bom
  12.  One By One – Taemin
  13.  U – Super Junior

As the last song resonated through his ears, Jimin looked at each song individually when he noticed something. This wasn’t a random compilation at all. Yoongi had hidden a message in there for Jimin to find. Taking the first letter from each song, Jimin put them together and his eyes widened as he nearly dropped his phone in shock.

JIMIN, I LOVE YOU

He loved him. It wasn’t a dream. Min Yoongi loved Park Jimin. Releasing the breath he didn’t realise he’d been holding, Jimin felt his eyes become wet all over again as he laughed in disbelief. After a few seconds, Jimin wiped his ears and reached under his bed, pulling out something that he thought would never see the light of day. Nodding, Jimin pulled out his phone and dialled a familiar number.

“Namjoon hyung? I need you to do me a favour.” Jimin said. It’s time Yoongi knew how he really felt.

Yoongi was sitting in his studio trying to compose some new music but all his mind could focus on was a certain person. He chewed the top of his pencil while he tapped his foot repeatedly against the carpeted floor.

“Urgh!” Yoongi groaned, pushing away from the desk as he began to pace the room. “What if he hasn’t seen it? What if he has seen it and he really is disgusted with me?” Yoongi wondered, mind going a mile a minute. “Ah, I’m going crazy here. Just ring dammit!” Yoongi shouted, glaring holes into his phone. Suddenly, the doorbell sounded making Yoongi spin around so fast he nearly gave himself whiplash. Launching himself towards the door, Yoongi yanked it open to find…

“Oh, it’s you,” Yoongi muttered towards the leader, walking back inside the room.

“Nice to see you too,” Namjoon retorted, sarcastically.

“What do you want, Namjoon?” Yoongi asked.

“Just wanted to see how things were going.” Namjoon replied.

“Yeah well, they’re not. I’ve been a bit preoccupied.” Yoongi admitted, sheepishly, causing Namjoon to chuckle.

“Okay, just make sure you get back to it after you’re break. Anyway, I’m heading back to the dorm, so I’ll see you later.” Namjoon told him. Yoongi nodded his head in response before turning back to his desk. Namjoon went to the open the door before stopping in his tracks. “Oh right, I almost forgot. Jimin told me to give this to you.” Namjoon remembered, taking something out of his bag, the younger’s name slipping off his tongue causing Yoongi’s head to shoot up. Handing him a thin, rectangular package, Namjoon waved Yoongi goodbye before leaving the room.

‘What is this?’ Yoongi thought to himself as he unwrapped the gift. What Yoongi saw made his mouth drop open in surprise and wonder. It was a book and on the front cover was a red heart with headphones placed over it and music notes coming out from them. Underneath the picture, it read ‘You’re My Serendipity’ by Park Jimin.

Opening the front page, a soft laugh escaped Yoongi’s lips as he looked at the printed stick figures representing himself and Jimin. A soft smile graced his lips as he read their life story.

 

Yoongi felt his heart skip a beat at that last page. ‘I love you.’ Could it be that Jimin returned the feelings that he always thought would be left unrequited? Picking up the corner of the paper, Yoongi turned it over to find pages upon pages of the many reasons why Jimin loved him. Some were funny...

…some were blush-inducing…

…and some were really touching.

But as Yoongi to the last couple of pages, a gasp escaped his lips and tears gathered in his eyes.

Closing the book, Yoongi grabbed his jacket and ran to the door. He had to see Jimin. Now.

 

He didn’t have to wait long because as soon as he opened the door, he came face to face with the very person who has been running through his mind non-stop for the last few weeks.

 

“Jimin…” Yoongi whispered, eyes widening slightly as he dropped his jacket in shock.

 

“Hi.” Jimin replied with a soft smile. Neither one said anything as they stood there and stared at each other, communicating with their eyes.

 

“You know. You have to know.” Yoongi said, mumbling the last part, as he looked at Jimin, a desperate look in his eyes.

 

“I know.” Jimin responded, beaming at him. Sighing in relief, Yoongi grabbed Jimin’s hand and gently pulled him towards him, capturing his lips in a sweet, loving kiss. Smiling against his lips, Jimin wrapped his arms around Yoongi’s neck and kicked the door closed behind him as the two members enjoyed the feeling of finally being in each other’s arms.


Hope you enjoyed it! For anyone who didn't understand the last two lines, it's a reference to the small Yoonmin exchange on the VLive back in 2016 for Yoongi's 23rd birthday.

 

BeyondTheSwag