The Coffee Shop

101 Days

Park Chaeyoung inched her hand forward reaching out to the beverage that laid in front of her at the booth next to the shop window. 

She sipped through the straw, the hot drink warming her icy body. Staring out the window watching jthe snow slowly fall down on the white peaceful streets of hongdae. 

Not many people were present in the coffee shop. She    suspected many people were in their houses not daring to face the cruel weather. 

If the media knew where the well known daughter of CEO Park was; they’d write articles about it for days.

The thought made her crack a smile. People were on the edge of their seats for a good story, anything to gain information about the perfect daughter. 

Was it stupid to obsess over Chaeyoung whom barely left her house? 

I mean, Chaeyoung sparked many people’s interest last month when she showed everyone how much she’d grown at a charity event. 

Her father had told her numerous times to distance herself from reporters and the media itself. 

He had this idea that Chaeyoung would get into a huge scandal and ruin the face of his precious company. 

She refocused her attention to drowning her marshmellows with her straw trying to stop them from resurfacing. 

“E-excuse me miss, are you R-rosé?” 

Chaeyoung immediately lifted head to the quiet voice. Her eyes quickly met a flushed teenage girl holding her phone to Chaeyoung’s face. 

Rosé groaned laying her head down. How did anyone recognize her? 

Before she left she’d made sure she brought a face mask and hat. 

Oh gosh, her face would be plastered all over the Internet.  She was definitely going to die when her dad finds out. 

Awesome. Amazing. Just great. 

“Excuse me, I have to leave,” Chaeyoung walked past the teenager girl who squealed to her friend about the valuable picture that they had now possessed. 

“I cant even drink hot cofffee in peace now. Unbelievable, it’s not like I cured cancer.” Rosé Mumbled to herself. 

The day gone by as she was now greeted by darkness. The only light shining was the dim shine of the street lights. 

She made herself walk through the snow feeling the snow chilling her feet. So this is how she dies? Frostbiten on the coldest day of the year seems like a remarkable legacy to leave behind. 

“Yura, come on, I’m freezing.” A large hand latched onto Chaeyoung’s shoulder making her freeze instantly. 

She was going to die. Forget frostbite. Someone was going to kidnap her and cut her up only to sell her kidney. 

Scream Chaeyoung. Scream. 

Chaeyoung opened and let a earpiecring shriek escape her. 

The hand let go of her shoulder jumping back in surprise. 

She dropped to the floor letting more painful screams escape her. 

“Oh shi-“ the voice behind her said barely above a whisper. 

Finally, her screaming came to a hault. Chaeyoung peaked behind her to see black pants. 

It was so, so, so cold. 

Her eyes felt dowsy and all she wanted to do was sleep. No one wanted to hurt her, she was safe. She shut her eyes and everything went black.